The J. Warren McClure School of Information and Telecommunication Systems has a tenure-track position open in Information and Telecommunication Systems at the assistant/associate professor rank.
The successful candidate will teach and research in the business practices, strategy and economics of telecommunications/networking enterprises and industries. Emphasis is on voice and data communications services, and the planning, assessment, deployment and operations of network infrastructure. This position will be expected to teach in the school’s residential undergraduate/graduate degree programs and online courses.
Teaching responsibilities and research interests include several of the following areas:
1) IT and network system governance and regulatory compliance
2) Information privacy and security
3) Internet governance, net neutrality, and spectrum management
4) Telecommunication/networking industry structure and competitive landscape
5) Strategic considerations in envisioning, organizing, and deploying information and telecommunication systems
6) IT/Telecom life-cycle management and vendor relationship management.
1. Doctoral degree (awarded or expected by August 2013) in a relevant field such as Information Systems, Management of Technology, Business Systems/Operations, Engineering Management, Industrial and Systems Engineering, Economics, Computer Science, or Telecommunications.
2. Collegiate teaching experience with demonstrated excellence.
3. Demonstrated expertise in 2 of the 6 areas under job description.
4. Demonstrated capability or potential for establishing an applicable research program.
1. Industry experience is a plus.
2. Prior teaching experience at both undergraduate and graduate levels is also a plus.
3. Additionally, at least one degree (undergraduate, masters or doctorate) in an IT related field is a plus.
Interested candidates should go to:
Closing date is February 1, 2012
To learn more about the School of Information and Telecommunication Systems, go to www.ohio.edu/mcclure.
Ohio University is committed to creating a respectful and inclusive educational and workplace environment. Ohio University is an equal access/equal opportunity and affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. Women, persons of color, persons with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.