Ohio Wesleyan University

Ohio Wesleyan University Employer Reviews

Good people and good benefits
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee), Delaware, OHMay 19, 2014
Pros: great benefits, time off, good people, work with little supervision, shorter summer hours
Cons: questionable new management, below average pay, sometimes high work volume for small department
New management has made lower ranking employees feel under appreciated, and the pay is below average. For the most part the people are good and there is little supervision. There are good benefits including a lot of time off and shorter summer hours.
Great Experience and Fun School
Helped team to four conference championships (Former Employee), Delaware, OHMay 15, 2014
Had a great time balancing out my academic and athletic career at Ohio Wesleyan. I also feel they prepared me to encounter most of life's challenges.
Easy and fun job
Video Board Director (Current Employee), Delaware, OHDecember 1, 2013
Pros: free lunch, easy hours.
I learned a new computer skill that I would have never expected in college. I love watching sports games and filming them just adds to the excitement. Also using my skills to create animations that pump up the fans is a fun way to get everyone excited for any sport.
Work Study
Student Involvement Office (Former Employee), Delaware, OHSeptember 12, 2013
Decent work study job for a college student. It gave me extra cash in college. Not great pay, and not a lot of hours, but good workplace experience.
Although this was not the field I thought I would go into, I saw how I could use my abilities on a college campus
Assistant Director of Student Activities (Former Employee), Delaware, OHJuly 11, 2013
I learned that the field of Higher Education is a profession that I would be able to grow in my abilities and continue to be challenged as responsibilities were given to me.
Fun place and good staff.
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Delaware, OHJune 23, 2013
A typical day consisted of processing invoices, and balancing accounts. Learned the process of receiving bills, and printing out checks. My co-workers were really friendly and fun to be around. The hardest part of the job was probably filing of paperwork in order of date. The most enjoyable was interacting with my co-workers.
Great benefits
Assistant Director of Admission (Former Employee), Delaware, OHMarch 27, 2013
Pros: environment and cost of living
Cons: leadership
Recruitment and on campus programs. Lot's of travel involved and review of applications.
Constent work and friendly students
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Delaware, OHDecember 29, 2012
Pros: a 6am to 2:30 shift where i had the rest of the day with my children.
Cons: the only con i have to this job is the fact that it was temporary work.
A typical day at work would consist of starting the day with gathering all the trash out of all the frat houses. After all houses where emptied of the garbage I would clean restrooms from top to bottom walls sinks floors toilets showers. Repeating this on each level. There are four levels to each building and I had three buildings to myself. I would – more... dust sweep mop all other areas of the houses. I learned from this job learning a routine will get the job done successfully by the end of the shift. Management was always a phone call away. If there was ever a problem they managed to have someone come fix the problem rather quickly. The hardest part of the job i would have to say was the monday after a long party weekend for the students. The houses are usually trashed. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you have students that are willing to help maintain a clean home, offer to help take the trash out and leave notes on my door telling me how much they appreciated me and the things i have done. – less
OWU is the worst
TEAM CAPTAIN (Former Employee), Delaware, OHOctober 17, 2012
Glorified private high school. NOT worth the private school tuition. Athletic department is a joke.
Worked for Admissions Office
Tour Guide (Former Employee), Delaware, OHSeptember 19, 2012
Student tour guide. Great environment. No benefits since I was a student.
Working off campus
Student Tutor (Former Employee), Delaware, OHJuly 3, 2012
Was able to work in an inner city school helping children with basic education skills.
Admissions and Recruiting
Assistant Director of Admissions (Former Employee), Delaware, OHMay 2, 2012
Pros: travel
Cons: numbers based
Travel was educational and productive. Pleasant environment. Admissions counselors were enthusiastic. Students were very interesting and bright.