OhioGuidestone Employee Review

View all OhioGuidestone reviews

Great Place to Work
Regional Human Resource Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Philadelphia, OHApril 22, 2014
I enjoy working for OhioGuidestone! Every day I have new experiences and I grow and learn. They have amazing staff that work throughout the agency. I have had the privilege of working with our staff at our Berea, Stark, Summit, Tuscarawas (PFCS and Harbor House), and Columbus locations. I believe the staff are treated well and have a great opportunity to grow and advance in their careers. The managers that I have worked for have all been very understanding and supportive. I feel that I can go to my supervisor about any question that I may have with my work without feeling pressure that I should have known the answer already. The agency offers great benefits and incentives to their staff. I feel that my job is not just an ordinary job. I feel that I am appreciated for my hard work and I am valued. OhioGuidestone is a non-profit agency and the pay for some positions may at times be low - but you need to understand that is because the programs throughout the agency are funded by grants and many generous donations. I hope this helps anyone who may be wondering what it is like to work for OhioGuidestone.
Pros
Flexability, Heathcare, Team & Supervisor Support
Cons
I have none to list

Other OhioGuidestone Employee Reviews

Understanding, Supportive Environment
School-Based Mental Health Therapist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 14, 2017
I have worked in several agencies in the northeast Ohio area and OhioGuidestone without a doubt has the best work environment, most support, and greatest level of compassion for employees. At OhioGuidestone, I have a supervisor who cares about my overall wellbeing, is available daily in-person or via phone, and who has knowledge and expertise to address my questions and concerns about clients. While this agency does not pay as much as others in the area, the environment created by supervisors and directors in the agency facilitates personal and professional growth.
Horrible communication
Treatment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Berea, OHOctober 17, 2017
IT SUCKS, bad communication. no consequences. turn over in staff. no stability. Staff doesnt know how to talk to children. Management will turn their head and talk about staff instead of have a meeting to discuss issues.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OhioGuidestone. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9