OhioGuidestone Employee Reviews

Staff was wonderful to work with, very caring and hardworking. Management was lacking and constant turn-over made continued employment challenging.
Community Based Mental Health Therapist (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHMarch 24, 2017
Home based mental health work can be very rewarding with a flexible schedule and the ability to self-motivate and grow in therapeutic development. The director and higher level management team caused increased feelings of anxiety and focused a great deal of time on productivity and contact hours. Home based mental health can be a very isolating culture if effort is not made to prioritize office based setting work. The hardest part of the job was higher level management and the most enjoyable was the clients and kind-hearted co-workers.
High stress, toxic work environment environment.
Case Manager, Foster Care Program (Former Employee) –  Berea, OHMarch 16, 2017
A typical day involved driving all over the Cleveland are- in some of the worst, most dangerous areas, only to come home late and spend the rest of the evening taking crisis calls and documenting on the computer. This work applied to my weekends as well which were virtually taken up by work. The stress was ridiculous. The supervision was poor. The environment was un-supportive.
Case Manager Intern (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 30, 2017
This internship was fun and educational. I carried my own caseload so that it was very challenging but I was productive. I really liked my supervisor but feel that I could have used more training. The most enjoyable part of the job was actually working with the youth and seeing an improvement.
Pros
Working indepently and being successful.
Cons
I did not have an adequate caseload. The family arguments.
great place to work
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 20, 2016
I absolutely love this company, unfortunately they were going in a different direction and downsized my department. I do not have anything bad to say about this place other than the fact they decided to keep two new employees other than ones that had been with them for a long period of time.
Pros
freedom of schedule
Cons
compensation
Love OhioGuideston
Clinical Supervisor, Community Counseling (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 26, 2017
I truly enjoy working at OhioGuidestone. The culture is very supportive and the staff are knowledgeable and work hard. Everyone is working towards the goal of empowering families. Great place to work.
Pros
Flexibility, support
Cons
Some non-traditional hours
Job is for tough minded only
Treatment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Berea, OHOctober 8, 2016
A great establishment and very active, upbeat environment. Sometimes the days are long and hard. You can't be weak minded in this field of work dealing with troubled youth with criminal or mental issues isn't for you if you are not tough minded. Very rewarding if job is done correctly. You'll need much patience, mental stamina and team oriented mind to succeed here.
Pros
Fun activities with residents
Cons
It an easy job
Horrible place
Teachers Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 7, 2016
My co-workers are great and very supportive. The higher ups are horrible. They let the children have a run of the school. They bite kick and throw chairs. They climb on lockers, and scream to the top of their lungs.
They're almost no consequences for the kids. They fight each other everyday. They hit teachers and throw desk on their feet. Everyday is like a war zone. The administration cares nothing about the employees. They talk about them and gossip. They talk about the parents. Its just a horrible work environment.
Pros
Co workers are great
Cons
Principles, and administrators are a nightmare
They are very good for the clients they serve.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 13, 2016
As for being an employee, I can only speak as someone who held entry-level positions. It may be much different for those in higher positions. But my entry-level positions involved much responsibility--more than any other job I have had, in that I was responsible for young children at the child care center and emotionally troubled teens as a respite worker. For me, the pay was too low to continue working at such a low hourly rate, almost full time and with no possibility for benefits.
Pros
The child care center was close to home
Cons
almost full time with no benefits
It's not the same place it used to be
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Berea, OHJuly 25, 2016
I started working at Guidestone when it was Berea Children's Home. It was a much better place then. In the last couple years it has gotten worse and worse. I work in the same building as a lot of the management and see some of the management everyday. The management ignores me, I don't think most of them even know my name. I'm actually glad about that because the people they do talk to they are not very nice to. One of them actually laughs at people when they suggest ideas to him. It's not the nice, family type place it used to be.
Pros
perks from being here a long time
Cons
management, attitudes
Very goal oriented organization
Youth Mentor (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHJanuary 26, 2017
I am able to impact the lives of Juveniles, hopefully in a positive way. There are many young people in need of adult supervision and emotional support.
Very Toxic Culture
Program support (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 15, 2016
The people who work directly with clients at Ohio Guidestone do good work. But the culture is one of the worst I've ever seen. They have instituted a culture that has backfired on them, and people are downright nasty to each other. The management is entitled and rude. Employees are treated like they are disposable - and more and more work is constantly required from them. The leadership is out of touch with reality, and often tells people "this is how we've always done it." New ideas are not only dismissed, but the people who bring them forth are looked at with disdain. People yell at eachother a lot. People blame eachother a lot.
If you value your self-worth, your time and your sanity, don't work here.
Cons
Culture, Management, Pay, Respect
Great place to work!
Mentor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 15, 2016
The pay isn't great but the company is amazing. Some things you can't put a price tag on. I love where I work and the people I serve!
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Low pay
Best Work place EVER!
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 27, 2016
I love this job and my co-workers who are always supportive! OhioGuidestone is the way to go ! Good benefits and well paid employees. Working on support system ,but the current one is well put together.
Exciting work place
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 22, 2016
A wonderful place to learn about becoming a great CPST.
Very knowledgeable, hands on training and great supervisory staff to answer questions about providing quality service to the community
hard work
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 4, 2016
It's a grind, but a meaningful one. Work/life balance is achievable with boundaries. It is hard, but those who have the energy and balance will enjoy it.
Pros
helping people
Cons
driving everywhere
Youth Mentor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 6, 2016
Working with the knowledgeable staff was a great pleasure, as well as working with the families. I would do this job again.
Pros
Famiies and Staff
Cons
n/a
Very Stressful Place To Work
In-Home Therapist (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHApril 27, 2016
Ohio Guidestone does not care about its employees or their safety. All they care about is making money and some of the care given to clients is good but the front line staff are not given the support by management/supervisors that is needed to be successful. The hours are long and hard, the environments in the homes are not always the greatest and the equipment given to complete documentation is sub-standard. The co-workers were great, but mid and upper management were often rude and condescending!! The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the clients and the flexibility. Their productivity standards for their In-Home program given the travel time and cancellation and no-show rate is unreasonable!!!!!!!!
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
The Managment and High Productivity Standards
Great Place but Tough Field
MENTAL HEALTH SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Lorain, OHApril 19, 2016
Ohio Guidestone has proven to be a great place to work. They have good benefits and a great atmosphere to grow. However, mental health in general does not pay very well and can be very stressful but this company does a great job and assisting their workers through those aspects of the job.
Pros
Free training, great management
Cons
Tough clients, limited pay
Caring Company
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dover, OHAugust 3, 2016
The company cares about the employees and clients. The company helps their clients to achieve a better life for themselves.
love it
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 26, 2016
I love working there, the pay sucks. Please are super nice there. If they pay then I would stay. its been a good experience
Pros
flex hours
Cons
pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OhioGuidestone. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9