OhioHealth

OhioHealth Employee Reviews

Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee), Columbus ohMay 7, 2015
I have learned so many things to guide me into becoming a great nurse! The hardest part of the job has been balancing school and work!
Outstanding healthcare facility
Patient Registration Representative (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMay 1, 2015
I enjoyed seeing multiple patients and being the first point of contact (for a patient) on a given day due to working in outpatient imaging.
Quality customer service/patient care (which I thoroughly enjoy) is of utmost importance to any healthcare facility or any company in general and it's success!
fun place to work
RN (Current Employee), Columbus, OHApril 6, 2015
I love what i do at OhioHealth. Pay is great. excellent management team. OhioHealth believe in excellent customer service. I would recommend OhioHealth to people seeking employment and medical care.
Prodiuctive
Intake Specialist (Current Employee), Columbus, OHMarch 17, 2015
Communication with internal staff to ensure proper authorization is place for home infusion services in place for our patients
Ohiohealth review
RN CHARGE NURSE (Current Employee), Columbus, OhioFebruary 27, 2015
Wonderful organization to work for. Education assistance. Plenty of opportunities for advancement and transfer within organization.
Hard working, but exciting place to grow
Events and Sponsorship Intern (Current Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 17, 2015
I work with some of the greatest and hard working people. My team knows how to put on a perfect event, no matter if it is for associates, the community, or the OhioHealth board members. They keep me on my toes and are always there for encouragement. I work with people who love what they do and that makes working with them so enjoyable.
Dublin Methodist is a joke
RN (Current Employee), Dublin, OhioFebruary 12, 2015
Cons: see review
I work as an RN at DMH.I have been there for 3 yrs and have seen management change too many times. It's not what you know it's who you know. They have charge nurses who should not be charge, they are just friends with the right people. The culture is one of intimidation and bullying and management is part of the problem. One manager in particular, the male, is the smartest and laziest staff member ever. It's frustrating knowing you can't count on management to do something as basic as start an IV when you're with a critical patient. It is like Grays' Anatomy- charge nurses husband (who is also a nurse) sleeping around and she brings it to work. Such a terrible place to work. I retire soon so I am waiting it out but it's a matter of time before more nurses leave.
Every day is different but tough
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 11, 2015
The job itself was very simple and easy. Patients can be difficult to work with, but overall they are enjoyable. Management and supervisors were more concerned with meeting quotas rather than employee morale.
Enjoyable workplace
Patient Registration Representative (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: learning about the going on of an emergency room
Cons: the salary
I enjoyed my job at OhioHealth. I especially liked working in the Emergency Room helping the patients as best I could. While my job was to register patients. I tried to ease the patients worries and get as much information as possible to help them.
Worst. .Interview. Process. Ever.
Interviewee (Former Employee), Columbus, OHioJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: none any longer
Cons: apparently, everything.
The HR office literally courted me to interview for a fairly low level position. I considered that there would be room to move up and I thought..."Ohio Health...the medical benefits must be pretty good and make up for the insulting minimum wage". Nope. After taking out taxes and taking out the enormous fee for the insurance, I wouldn't have even been able to only make my car payment. And I drive an '09 Civic! Never heard from them again after a home run interview. So, trying to learn how I could have improved my interview, I emailed my interviewer who said "Oh! Your interview was fantastic! We just hired someone with more experience." Malarky. A 5 year old could have done this job.
Dont take a position without thorough research
OFFICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Columbus, OHDecember 9, 2014
I took a position because the pay seemed good plus the position seemed interesting. But not so much. It was like being a lawyer with out the degree. I worked my but off for some of their dispute cases that went on months sometimes. The company is great though.
Terrible place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Columbus OhioNovember 25, 2014
Pros: great doctors i worked with
Cons: rush new people to do stuff which causes mistakes
I was an employee at one of the clinic's which I will not name but it was a terrible work experience. There was no team work, this place made me have daily anxiety because I was new and afraid to make any mistakes because they were always talking about how you could get fired. Ohio health makes it seem like everybody is happy and willing to help but that's not true I saw so much favoritism in the office and everybody who wasn't a manager wanted to tell me what to do. They didn't show me all the procedure's they go by I just had to figure them out on my own. Needless to say I was terminated after one month they only gave me one day severence pay. I wanted to file a review but nobody ever answered my phone call which made my three day limit run out. They just wanted me to basically go away which isn't fair because I didn't agree with what they said so who hears my voice? I asked a lot of specific questions in the interview since I was new they told me all these wonderful things and none were true. I left a six year job to go with Ohio health and regret it everyday.
Poor management
RN (Former Employee), Columbus, OHNovember 18, 2014
Cons: poor orientation. poor management support.
Learned many life lessons. Especially NOT to trust ANYONE!
Great hospital hospital system that continues to grow
Failed Claims Supervisor (Current Employee), Columbus, OHOctober 18, 2014
I have been fortunate to be a part of the growth and stability of a wonderful organization.
Great Place to Work
Intake Specialist (Former Employee), Columbus, OHSeptember 30, 2014
I enjoy working with the public arena where I can utilize my customer service, collections, data entry, medical billing, terminology, ICD-9 and CPT coding skills that I have used over the years.
Wonderful Company to Work For
Training Coordinator (Former Employee), Columbus, OHSeptember 3, 2014
Over all my years with OhioHealth were amazing as a compnay they really did take care of me when I needed it. The department I worked for had some good and bad days I can say we did our best to really over come any of the bad and I really did grow as a professional and a person in these years.
TERRIBLE
basement dweller with no exit (Former Employee), columbus, ohio RiversideSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: decent pay, yearly bonus, work hours flexible, trained by the best hardworking ghana women in the department became best of friends.
Cons: diverse co workers has more rights, expects others to earn their paychecks, experience & education does not matter, its who you know in the company if you get a job or not..
Very disappointed (Supply Chain Tech) ... DON'T DRIVE A TOW MOTOR, FIRST PERSON YOU HIT EVEN IF ITS NOT YOUR FAULT YOUR GONE... EXCEPT YOUR DIVERSE CO WORKERS , THEY DO NO WRONG AND THEY STILL REMAIN TO HAVE JOBS .... If your a good worker & do your job and want to transfer, supervisors and management make your life miserable. they determine ( if your in the click) and decide who gets to transfer TRANSFERRING , IS OUT OF THE QUESTION... They do what they can to get you out of there even LIE, write
false write ups.. (DIRTY) . your diverse coworkers runs the department , just because they come to work everyday don't actually mean they earned that pay check honestly.... You have gate keepers (supervisors & management who cover up, hide constant problematic problems...nor care if the job is done right... I HAVE NO PROBLEM S WITH DIVERSE OR DIFFERENT CULTURES IN THE WORK PLACE
HOWEVER I AM NOT THERE TO EARN THEIR PAY CHECK SO THEY CAN SIT AND WATCH ME DO THEIR JOB FOR THEM ...

VERY UN FAIR WORKING CONDITIONS ...WHAT HAPPEN TO EQUAL EMPLOYEE OPPORTUNITIES. ? TIMES ARE CHANGING , AND WE THE AMERICANS HAVE NONE... DISCRIMINATION DOES EXIST IN THE WORK PLACE IN OUR OWN COUNTRY.
Workplace is nice, overall.
System Program Director (Current Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 20, 2014
Pros: free parking
Cons: unclear expectations, no access to senior leadership
System service lines are very new to OhioHealth so the work is unclear and not defined. Working to mostly build relationships across campuses. Trying to build programs that are robust enough to take quality care of patients and provide access across the entire state.
The worst place that I ever worked at
Former EVA Associate (Former Employee), Columbus, OhioAugust 1, 2014
Pros: gained a lot of experience in the medical field
Cons: unless you're a doctor you're nothing
I came to work Grant Medical Center with the great intentions and ambition to become a nurse. I started out as a Volunteer and enjoyed it immensely. However when I got a paid position as a housekeeper I worked with very incompetent management. Housekeepers were the most looked down upon. I put my heart and soul into my job and was well liked by the nurses on all floors. The director Cassie Davis is very incompetent and don't know what she's doing. Everyone has complained to H R about the management and even to the Administration and it all falls on deaf ears. But then Administration wants to complain about the H CAP scores because they are extremely low. Well they have no right complaining about the scores if Administration doesn't listen to the complaints of the housekeepers and thoroughly investigate the incompetent management especially Cassie Davis. For the longest time management had been harassing and targeting me. Due to their harassment, micromanagement, and incompetence has caused my work injuries. My worker's compensation case Ohio Health has failed to do the right thing. They have been using the worker's compensation and manipulated to their advantage. Let's just say if I were a doctor that my comp case wouldn't be in litigation!
great benefits, wonderful people, professional environment
Ultrasonographer, RDMS (Current Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 1, 2014
OHN is very competitive within our community and offers a great working experience for their employees.

1 2 3

About OhioHealth

Operating throughout the central part of the state, OhioHealth aims to keep Buckeyes healthy. The not-for-profit system runs eight – Read more

OhioHealth Salaries