OHL Employee Reviews in United States

Warehouse constantly changing
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INJuly 19, 2016
I really enjoyed my own job there, however management constantly gave little to no warning about having to stay after scheduled working hours for mandatory overtime making it hard to plan outside of work. The compensation was typical of warehouse employment without any additional benefits. Job advancement was present but with enormous competition. In the short time working there we went through two different mangers and half the time we did not have one on staff. The coworkers there were pleasant to work with.
Pros
Constantly busy
Cons
suprise mandatory overtime
Dull and Lifeless
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 11, 2016
A typical day at work consists of clocking in and out for breaks, but in between the facility was ridiculously hot/cold depending on the weather and quiet. Workers grow weary as the day carries on. It is awfully quiet in regards to communication between co-workers. If we do talk, even if rate is made for the hour, it is still looked down upon. The hardest part of my job would be getting up to be at work at 5 in the morning and feeling like I am dragging myself the entire 12 hour shift.
Job with Good Benefits
Customer Service Rep/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 21, 2016
This company has had a very high turn over rate for their managers and supervisors. There is a low morale rate that hinders good, even great, workers to only one position. Even if you train the new Leads, Supervisors and Managers, you will continue to be looked over for positions that may pay more. Being a hard and inept worker gets you in good graces but not more money or higher position. Some of the people in management have come off as bias and racist. Hopefully they are doing better in these areas.
Pros
Benefits and Healthcare
Cons
Low morale
OHL was a great company
Maintenance Technician, OHL (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 9, 2016
Clock in and get assignments for the day. Do a walk through to check and see if something went wrong over night and get it fixed as fast a possible without disturbing production. Learned a great deal about the conveyor system( DEMATIC). Management was good for the most part. they treated maintenance with respect. Co-workers were great. Hardest part of the job was when I had to work on holidays. Most enjoyable part was that everyone on the maintenance team was like a family so it helped on long days.
Pros
hors I worked. 5am - 330
Cons
heathcare
This is the job you "settle for"
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, INMay 24, 2016
The work is easy. Practices and processes vary from shift to shift. You can meet nice people here but, some are seriously questionable. The hardest part of the job is being on your feet for 10-12 hours. The most enjoyable part is breaks and lunches. The washrooms are almost always never clean and so is the break room. Management can be very impersonal and inconsistent at times.
Pros
Starting pay is ok and work is extremely easy
Cons
Standing for hours, work All day or All night no in between
Warehouse case picking work
Case Picker (Former Employee) –  LaVergne, TNMay 17, 2016
I did case picking work with a single or double pallet jack daily. We used RF scanners for every order. I was the only female in the plant that worked the position of case picking. The work was repetitive and was required to lift boxes that weighed up to 30lbs. I performed higher than production requirements and was given an award of employee of the month in July of 2011. I was also trained in company standards for loading and unloading of trucks on the dock.
Pros
constant workout
Cons
over worked and under paid
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 24, 2016
I enjoyed working for ohl, the people were friendly the manager were friendly and showed respect.Did nt enjoy the 12hr 7 day work week at the end of the month, did not like going to another location to work on slow days. Didn't like working sunday's at the end of the month, hot in the summer cold in the winter workplace. Overall a good place to work. I enjoyed shipping to the customer.
Pros
CO-WORKERS
Cons
NONE
Lousy management
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Mount Juliet, TNApril 14, 2016
I worked at three different OHL facilities/customers and there were ethical issues at all three. Management treats the customer's inventory with little regard and conveniently hides discrepancies and issues. This behavior is given a wink and a nod at one of their biggest customer's account and the management team is a brotherhood of ex Dell employees who practice the good ole' boy method of management. I would not recommend working at this company at all.
Pros
You can quit and find a better place to work.
Horrible
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILApril 29, 2016
Extremely low pay $9-$11.25 per hour, unorganized, chaotic, management is terrible, very stressful, constant threats, constant write up for the smallest thing, worst warehouse I've ever worked at, random drug test, no one speaks English and it's impossible to communicate, HR department is crooked. Just don't do it, safe yourself the trouble
Pros
Absolutely none
Cons
Low pay, no advancement
productive
Wave Planner (Current Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAMay 1, 2016
the company is a good place I have learn a lot in the company some the cons about the place is not knowing when the day is going to end it different every day so it hard with having kids and dealing with the sitters it all ways seem like a secret when trying to get a ideal time to let the sitters know .my co-workers are good people to work with
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
never know when getting off work

Want to know more about OHL?

Ask a question
Fast Paced and Stressful
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 27, 2016
There are several opportunities to move up in this company but you have to be willing to put in the hours. It is perfect for someone without kids. It is hard to balance family life and work life. Management is better than most I have worked for. They are to the point and tell you what they expect.
Pros
Monthly Employee Events
Cons
Long Hours
Never Work Here
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXMay 25, 2016
Management is horrible, they will work you over 80 to 120 hours a week. They do not care about anything going outside of work. Benifits suck, they'll get rid of you for one little tiny mistake. And everyone is welling to step on you to get to the top. They constantly be losing contract do to poor management. WORST 3PL EVER!
Cons
Productive and team oriented, employees feel appreciated
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILJune 10, 2016
Overall I enjoyed my time with the company. They have a great operation, solid management, a great employees. I would recommend them to anyone looking for work.
Pros
Friendly Staff, Good Managers, Felt appreciated in a team environment
Cons
Overtime on very short notice, demanding for the payscale
Average 3PL
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mount Juliet, TNMay 15, 2016
Unique account presents unique challenges that change plans during normal work hours. Management expects changes to be seamless but reward good production. Room for advancement is limited based on your particular account and every account is essentially its own business.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Constant customer issues
Very fast paced workplace, not the best place to work for but it's a job.
Receiver (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, INJuly 8, 2016
Very productive fast paced workplace with a very large overturn of employees.Very strict management and a lot of unhappy employees. Not good benefits but better than none. We are always learning new parts every day, a never ending learning process, change is good. The hardest part of the job is probably all the lifting of heavy merchandise. The company does not want to spend the money on dollies and extra pallet jacks needed for the jobs leaving us to picking up, handling and moving parts that well exceed 80 pounds. The most enjoyable part of the job is cutting up with other employees and conversing with management during some of our company lunches. Besides that we are just too busy to take the time to be as courteous as we need to be with one another. The job is demanding but so are our customers... so we make it our priority to please the customers...as it should be.
ohl
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Township of Monroe, NJJune 15, 2016
a typical day at work was easy but a lot of orders needed to completed. it was a great experience the people there was very well mannered and had no problem showing new employees the right way to complete and secure a great day at the warehouse. they also showed new employees what was to be expected of them daily.
Very uncomfortable and unfare place to work
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 20, 2016
The days at work for this company were stressful and uncomfortable. There were to many people that tried to play boss when they were not and would be aloud to do so. Management was poorly done. The only enjoyable thing about work was learning something new.
working at ohl is good
Wave Planner (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, INMarch 1, 2016
working at ohl warehouse is everyday life surviving,
and i learned a lots of things by working over there, they taught me how to pick/pack/ how to drive a order picker and ez go and the best part they show me how to be a GREAT wave planner ,
and good management, isle looks great, all stuff are looks great,
everybody works over there is very hard worker people,
most of the employees are nice, they smile and greet you everyday
the hard part of the job there is, when picking they do really have a big warehouse, so when we picking we have to walk too far, and that hurts everyones feet,
but the most enjoyable part of the job is we all happy everyday, we even sing or dance while working :)
Pros
free lunch/ free pto hours every year
Flexible working environment. Everyday was a challenge.
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INMarch 21, 2016
Worked several postions at this company .Including IT, Account Manager. Customer Service Manager, also warehouse supervisor.
Worked several accounts in different locations. Traveled to several training facilities, in charge of all start ups of new Accounts.
Pros
Exciting, challenging
Cons
Flexable hours
Great learning experience and good place to work
Operations Lead (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAFebruary 24, 2016
Although my career here didn't end up where i wanted it to, I met some great people and learned a lot. The hours can be tough at times and the pay isn't amazing, but both could be worse. The managers i had the privilege of working with are no longer here, but they were amazing. They worked with me everyday and continued to help me develop my own management skills. There is opportunity for advancement here and there is potential for growth. Overall it was a good experience. Unfortunate that one poor manager ruined my time there, but that life.
Pros
Some wonderful managers that I had there
Cons
Its a 3pl warehouse much like all the rest