OHL

OHL Employer Reviews

coworkers
line lead (Former Employee), chambersburg,paFebruary 9, 2014
co workers were really helpful with new people to the job. communication is alittle weak in spots.
good job fast pace work
Temp Assignments (Former Employee), Chambersburg, PAFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: co worker are willing to help you
Cons: someday we wouldnt work a day shift
fast paces work like how they train new hires would like to work for this company againg
Just say it's tempary, and they don't plan on giving me a pay raise.
Staff Mark Temp Services (Current Employee), McDonough, GAJanuary 28, 2014
I wake up to go home. Make it thru eight hours, and go home. Learning more about the RF scan gun. They're not good at what they do, at all.
learning new things
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Edwardsville, KSJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: learned alot
Cons: closed
i got to move up fast in this company loved what i was doing and the office people were great
TERRIBLE
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee), Granite City, ILJanuary 22, 2014
Cons: see above
I will never work for OHL anywhere out of fear of it being just like the last one I worked. Was hired without being told of expectations. Such as being on call and called in early. (When I worked there and left for home they would call you 4 hrs prior to your schedule and tell you to be in early THAT day/night. And if you didn't answer your cell...Whoooooboyyyy!) – more... I have NOTHING good to say about that company and warn everyone from working there. They ripped me off on pay too. I negotiated for a higher wage and when my 90 days came around they said I got it when they hired me because they give all that up front....REALLY!? WHO DOES THAT!? THAT MAKES NO SENSE! – less
Best place i have ever worked!
Operator (Former Employee), La Vergne, TNJanuary 18, 2014
Picking all day.
To pick fast and stack.
GREAT MANAGEMENT!
A Lot of employees.
Big boxes.
My paycheck!!
productive company with some benefits
Standup Operator (Former Employee), Plainfield, INJanuary 10, 2014
learned pallet rider, reach truck , and forklift. i would go from picking to replenning to LTL order picking, back and forth all day. hardest part of the job was 14 hour days.
A typical day at work
Warehouse Agent (Current Employee), romeoville,ilJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: laid back environment and can dress how ever you want
Cons: no communication with whats going on in the warehouse
Clock in , stretch out warm up my muscle and get ready to unload truck containers, depending on the day i usually unload about 3 to 4 containers sometimes more.
60+ hours, overtime mandatory
Supervisor (Former Employee), Coppell, TXDecember 30, 2013
Pros: co workers are some of the hardest working people you will ever find.
Cons: management will fill your spot if you make a mistake.
Very busy days, no time for breaks or lunches. If you can work 1st shift. If you want a lot of overtime work 2nd shift.
Horrible place of employment!!! Do not recommend getting a job here!!
Puller/Stocker (Current Employee), Chambersburg, PADecember 29, 2013
Pros: its a job, its in a dry place, if no one gets hurt for a long time they give you a little party to celebrate them saving money
Cons: everything about the company
Its a borderline sweatshop! hot as hell in the summer and winter coat weather in the winter. They nickle and dime you the whole way.. They pay $9 hour and charge you $29 for a mandatory drug test, that comes out of your first check! (because u make such good money) It is mandatory that you do a certain amount of work per hour or you will be "let go" – more... and to accomplish that amount of work you are literally almost at a run to accomplish it, No one should have to work that hard for $9! but they say the harder you work there is an incentive package! if you completely run and move as fast as you possibly can you can make up to $12 hour if you double their production.. and there is always room to move up in the company, but all the good positions are taken.. so the most you can actually move up is floor management.
I chose first shift cause that works best for me.. but what they did not tell you is your working 10 hour days and you have to be not only in the building but all the way at the production line, at 3:30 am where the time clocks are..
They offer you a health package for $60 week out of your check.. but the down side is its not even a big enough package to cover the "Obamacare garbage" so it is basically useless..
They give you holidays off.. unpaid.. and only that one day of the holiday.. I could go on and on but I think you get the point.. don't make the same mistake I did. – less
slow and not caring
Auditor (Former Employee), chambersburg,paDecember 24, 2013
management is careless about their employees thoughts and concerns
OHL is only out for their own benefit.....
Sr. Operations Manager (Former Employee), Ontario, CADecember 20, 2013
Overall OHL was a company that worked their employees to much and we had no work/life balance.
Horrible company
LTO (Former Employee), winchester, vaDecember 18, 2013
Pros: ...
Cons: tmtl
Supervisors are lazy, bad communication throughout the building, over worked, not enough bodies on forklifts, a lot of ignorance, too many bosses I'm pretty sure everybody who works there is a supervisor. Bad business practices. Good luck.
ok job
Labeler (Former Employee), Ontario, CADecember 13, 2013
Pros: not hard work
Cons: sometimes pickers wont bring anything to label, which still counts against you. overtime is mandatory
Expected to label at least 250 boxes an hour. Sent home if you dont. Unfair because i was fired after getting sent home twice. My friend got sent home four times but still works there...
productive workplace
Material Handler (Former Employee), New Smithville, PADecember 11, 2013
typical day at work: come in at the beginning of your shift, set up your station, pull a box off the line and begin your day.
The hardest part of the job was the weather condition, it was always cold and we had to work in coats which was really uncomfortable.
Fair starting pay but no room to expand once hired on.
Picker/Packer (Former Employee), Mount Juliet, TNDecember 10, 2013
Clean open warehouse with decent benefits but after your initial 90 days there is really not much room for you to grow in this company.
it would have been great if
maintenance (Former Employee), Fontana Ca.December 3, 2013
Pros: good friendship w/co-workers co-workers
Cons: poor supervision in a fast pace working enviroment, dangerous
if they were willing to do better in people relations(employees) this place could have been the best in their field,
Productive, exaughsting, work
Auditor / Receiver (Former Employee), TNNovember 30, 2013
Pros: getting the product to the customers.
Cons: hours, not that great benefits
Working at OHL I was an Auditor and a Receiver. As an Auditor I made sure that stores had the correct perishable/ non-parishable food product, items, and quantity of each . As a Receiver I received perishable/ non-parishable food product, items, and quantity of each into the facility. My duties consisted of, verification of the product, and quantity – more... and quality of the product, and year end inventory. I was trained in AIB audits, and became fluent in LMS Red Prairie. I had a total number of 3 ½ years of experience using our WMS system called Synapse. The management was very serious and professional, but not all of my co-workers were. The hardest part of my job was making sure I had everything like the numbers, labels, and skew codes correct. I didn't really enjoy this job, but if I had to choose something I enjoyed I guess it would be the fact that I was apart of the process of getting our product to our customers. – less
Great company and great place to work at!
Order Selector/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Breinigsville, PANovember 26, 2013
I loved coming in to work everyday and all the tasks that i was given and i loved my co workers and my boss's.
productive atmosphere
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Plainfield, INNovember 25, 2013
manage and facilitate associates
manage start up and end of shift reports

About OHL

OHL is one of the largest 3PLs in the world, providing integrated global supply chain management solutions. Founded in 1951 and – Read more