OHL

OHL Employee Reviews

Under the wrong Managnment
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee), Mt.JulietMay 4, 2015
Pros: NO PROS
Cons: Leadership SUCK is so sad at OHL
I would not suggest people to work at this Warehouse or any of the facilities they may have.

They treat auditors like nothing and the Supervisors and Leads plot on people they do not like. If I was the supplier I would be worried.
Great staff
Packer/Picker (Former Employee), McDonough, GAApril 30, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: hard floors for 12 hours, but breaks were frequent.
I felt like I had joined a family, everyone was so loving and understanding. learning the product was easy and interesting.
corrupt management
Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Auburn, WAApril 22, 2015
i was one of the most reliable and consistent hard working employees and the management just uses there good employees.
I learned how to drive the forklift
Great Experience and Fun!
Material Handler (Former Employee), Columbus, OHApril 14, 2015
Pros: Great Management
Cons: Some short work days
Walk around while you work is great exercise. Great people for co-workers that care for your well being. You have to work to stay the whole day, and i like that. That would mean you would have to put in work for your pay check.
Fast paced work environment.
Warehouse associate/stocker (Former Employee), Chambersburg, PAApril 9, 2015
Pros: The line leads were great.
Cons: The management didn't seem to care about their employees.
A typical day involved working fast and keeping lines moving. No time to take brakes or slow down. I didn't learn much as I've done warehousing/production work for over 15 years. The job was fairly easy, restocking shelves with products.

Co-workers were very stressed out. The hardest part of the job was not having enough hours. There were weeks where we worked 40+ and then there were weeks where we got less than 20 hours. That made it difficult for paying bills, rent, etc. You never knew how much you would make per week.
Great ideas without proper follow through
Regional HR Manager, SE Region (Former Employee), Brentwood, TNApril 8, 2015
Pros: Autonomy
Cons: No real strategic plans in place
Lots of projects were started and never finished. Implementation of new programs, policies, procedures, ets were not properly planned leading to lots of failure usually blamed on those trying to work around the failed plans.
This is a privatly owned company
QC Inspector (Current Employee), Sparks, NVApril 2, 2015
Pros: once ayear bbq
Cons: short breaks.30 min lunch
Generaly you are treated like slaves. They bring you on a serten "job title" but are expected to do what ever they want. Basicly you become there handyman. This is not a challeging or fullfing job for me.
Great atmosphere
INVENTORY CONTROL SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Wilmer, TXApril 1, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Not enough hours or room for advancement
I enjoy my job and what I do. The people are great. They do offer good benefits but not enough hours. The company is growing and maybe eventually will have room for advancement.
LOOK ELSEWHERE!
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Romeoville, ILMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Some people care to do their job correctly
Cons: Bad Company Bad management
I worked for this company for two years. I started in Put Away and worked into Inventory. What a mess! The Operations Manager ran my account into the ground and ended up getting a promotion. Most employees are there for a paycheck and the Red Prairie productivity standard forces everyone to CHEAT the system in order to make their productivity numbers. Upper Management is CLUELESS about how to run the accounts. They should listen to their employees who do the job EVERYDAY for their feedback.
It was a happy job for me as picking is fun
Picking (Former Employee), Plainfield, INMarch 13, 2015
Picking clothes is an easy learnt work and can speed up as soon as I noticed what is hanged where. My supervisor encouraged me and recognized me as I worked hard. But sometimes we can not work full hours, had to stop and go back home when we met the goal.
average work place
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), La Porte, TXMarch 1, 2015
the staff was helpful in finding me work the first 3 jobs were more temporary and the last one I was a temp to hire but I was there for five months until they laid me off. After being laid off I have not heard from any positions from staffmark.
A place where I work daily at whatever task they ask me to do.
Operation Supervisor David Beattie P (Current Employee), Auburn, WAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: they do counsel you when needed
Cons: your on a point system if you screw up too much on little things your gone.
I'll say this about OHL they are a good co. to work for unless you don't fit the mold of what they're looking for but that's true of other places to I'd guess.
not so great
picker packer (Former Employee), Plainfield, INFebruary 20, 2015
it would be long 12 hours with only two breaks warehouse be hot and supervisor would talk to you like you nothing start time was crazy 3a.m. pay was only 9.85
Production - open door policy
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: employee recognition
Cons: long hours
Daily operations on 3 shifts - including receiving, put-away, pick, pack, and ship. 3 supervisor that work toward accomplishing the same goals - meet KPI's monthly.
Productive employees
Receiving Lead (Former Employee), Chambersburg, PAFebruary 16, 2015
Being responsible for a receiving team .
How to better accomplish work as a lead .
Management was learning as they were fairly new .
My co-workers were very hard workers and team players .
Hardest part about the job was the learning curve of management .
Was my cooperative co-workers .
A new account for OHL--Kohls
Assistant Operations Manager - Inventory Control (Current Employee), McDonough, GAFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: short days when not in peak
Cons: no bonus program for management
Kohls is a new account for OHL. All management new to OHL. This is the first time Kohls has used a third party. There is alot of confusion and unorganized. Communication between OHL and Kohls needs a lot of improvement.
Really high production
Packer (Former Employee), Chambersburg, PAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: two paid breaks good work environment
Cons: really high production numbers
This is wasent a bad job but the turnover rate is so high because the production numbers are almost impossible to hit at packing it was 21 boxes a hour minum and most people avg 15-20
Cant even rate
Operations Lead (Current Employee), WINCHESTER, VAJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: good health benefits
Cons: tmtl
Most employees are wonderful, management was good. there are some employees who laugh because they can make up lies and get managers fired. No work life balance, expected to work 12+ hours a day. Managers are living with hourly employees and nothing is done, even though many employees have complained. a lead that constantly start trouble between the employees. I could go on and on.
Can't say anything positive / was a waste of time - learned nothing
Clerk (Former Employee), Philadelphia paJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: pay is decent, adequate benefits
Cons: absolutely the poor management, cant emphasis this point enough
Dreaded every day of the 14 months i worked in the philadelphia office, aside from working with a few nice coworkers, the long time employees were nasty, back stabbing sneaks.

The supervisor , as she was called was a joke - constantly on my back about everything and the assistant manager was by far one of the most unprofessional people I've ever had the misfortune of working for. They truly went by what the snitches in the office would tell them -- and like dogs with a bone they were absolutely relentless with their knit picking / to the point I went to hr - never ever did that in my life- the job was frothing more than s glorified typist. I learned nothing and the happiest day was my last day!!!

Truly the most unprofessional people i have dealt with. Incredibly glad it's over!!!
productive safe environment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Edwardsville, ILJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: coworkers
Cons: short breaks
Each day was the same at that job site easy, smooth, and a little unorganized. I learned to take on a better role model and leadership. The mangers was ok but they seemed a little lost at times probably do to the fact of some of the co-workers but most co-workers was good workers. There wasn't really a hard part of the job but only when the confusion start with the managers. I really enjoyed my job though because of the co-workers and my jobs I accomplish.
Headquarters