OHL Employee Reviews in United States

Managment is awful!!!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, TNJune 13, 2016
No advancement (all supervisors are hired from oustside instead of within), Supervisors don't know all positions they supervise, Horrible Communication.
Cons
No advancement, Supervisors don't know all positions they supervise, Horrible Communication.
Productive and team oriented, employees feel appreciated
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILJune 10, 2016
Overall I enjoyed my time with the company. They have a great operation, solid management, a great employees. I would recommend them to anyone looking for work.
Pros
Friendly Staff, Good Managers, Felt appreciated in a team environment
Cons
Overtime on very short notice, demanding for the payscale
OHL was a great company
Maintenance Technician, OHL (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 9, 2016
Clock in and get assignments for the day. Do a walk through to check and see if something went wrong over night and get it fixed as fast a possible without disturbing production. Learned a great deal about the conveyor system( DEMATIC). Management was good for the most part. they treated maintenance with respect. Co-workers were great. Hardest part of the job was when I had to work on holidays. Most enjoyable part was that everyone on the maintenance team was like a family so it helped on long days.
Pros
hors I worked. 5am - 330
Cons
heathcare
great job
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  York, PAJune 8, 2016
loved every moment of this job..even the 5 am start.wages was great and hours was even better..the mangement was fun and understanding
Operations Lead (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJune 3, 2016
I find this company eager to train and help employees move forward. I would recommend this job to nearly anyone. The learned expiriences here are beneficial to any working environment.
good workplace helpful people
Material handler (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 29, 2016
we would stretch before every shift talk about what need to be done how much work needed to be covered it was laid back no one bothered you and people was willing to help.
Pros
3 breaks
Cons
sometimes we would be there every late
Never Work Here
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXMay 25, 2016
Management is horrible, they will work you over 80 to 120 hours a week. They do not care about anything going outside of work. Benifits suck, they'll get rid of you for one little tiny mistake. And everyone is welling to step on you to get to the top. They constantly be losing contract do to poor management. WORST 3PL EVER!
Terrible place to work
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMay 25, 2016
All over time is mandatory, they make you work the day before or day of Holidays they are the lowest paying wear house in that area. the only things that keeps me there the guys that work there and its first shift. Everything else sucks
I highly recommend this job!
Network engineer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 25, 2016
I worked in the network team and started at E1 and worked my way up. It isn't a perfect job and has its flaws, but what company doesn't?
It can be a very challenging job at times, however, if you commit and do the work, you will learn a whole lot. You get to touch many different technologies and pieces of hardware. The CIO and IT directors have your back and will do what they can to help you. The Data center team is separate, but the director is awesome to work with. They can be very lenient when it comes to working from home, but it only works if you stay on top on your projects and work load.
If you work hard they will take care of you on pay. HR was always great and easy to work with. Now, it wasn't always sunshine and rainbows, but the good for me outweighs the bad. And I'm very thankful to OHL for the opportunity they gave me and what the job has done for my career. I recommend this job and OHL.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Work load can sometimes be very heavy
This is the job you "settle for"
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, INMay 24, 2016
The work is easy. Practices and processes vary from shift to shift. You can meet nice people here but, some are seriously questionable. The hardest part of the job is being on your feet for 10-12 hours. The most enjoyable part is breaks and lunches. The washrooms are almost always never clean and so is the break room. Management can be very impersonal and inconsistent at times.
Pros
Starting pay is ok and work is extremely easy
Cons
Standing for hours, work All day or All night no in between
Warehouse case picking work
Case Picker (Former Employee) –  LaVergne, TNMay 17, 2016
I did case picking work with a single or double pallet jack daily. We used RF scanners for every order. I was the only female in the plant that worked the position of case picking. The work was repetitive and was required to lift boxes that weighed up to 30lbs. I performed higher than production requirements and was given an award of employee of the month in July of 2011. I was also trained in company standards for loading and unloading of trucks on the dock.
Pros
constant workout
Cons
over worked and under paid
Good company with room for advancement
Operator 1 (Current Employee) –  Romeoville, ILMay 17, 2016
Long sustained company with room for growth and long term careers. Great benefits package that starts 30 days from hire date!
Overall, not a bad place to work.
DrawJet Operator (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCMay 16, 2016
Overall rating would be 3 stars, benefits were 5.
Trainer and co-workers were very knowledgeable and helpful. You were constantly working so it made the time go by faster because we worked 12 hour shifts.
Average 3PL
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mount Juliet, TNMay 15, 2016
Unique account presents unique challenges that change plans during normal work hours. Management expects changes to be seamless but reward good production. Room for advancement is limited based on your particular account and every account is essentially its own business.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Constant customer issues
Productive and Supportive work environment
Main Contact/ Shipping clerk (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIMay 14, 2016
Provided me with many opportunities to advance my career in a healthy manner. Management team has a very good sense of how to inspire employees to grow.
easy to do jobs
Operator 2 Forklift, pallet jack, reach truck (Former Employee) –  TennesseeMay 9, 2016
Management sucks big time they play act like they know things about how to do your job but they have no clue at all they are only good at pushing paperwork and telling lies to there employees they micromanage the employees but they have favorite employees that they that can do whatever they want to do but for the hardworking ones they are all over them like slaves they always want more out of you when new accounts come in they don't want to hire new people they will tell the costumer that they will but they would use the same ones that they have so that they can save money like when I was there I would run several accounts by myself but the pay would never change they would send me off to other buildings for months at a time one time I was in a warehouse alone for a month working an account and the ones that they would always favor when the manager would need them to work they would turn them down every time so they would come to the hard working slaves and would ask them to fillin because their favorites would always say no they have this one woman that was making about I would say 20.00 an hour and she would set on her butt all day and talk about everyone in the building even the managers that was letting her do this all day and she could work as many hours she wanted to you could only imagine hour big her checks was every two weeks I mean they would let her work sat some on sun but she would come in at 6 and leave at 8 at night sometimes I mean at one time she would do this for months 20.00 an hour regular time and 30 half time and 40 for double time that's imagine working  more... hours like that for a month every to weeks her checks would be something like 3280 and that's not adding the Sundays with this just bad management  less
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks and bad healthcare
OHL (Current Employee) –  Granite City, ILMay 3, 2016
Typical day was picking or packing orders for the customers. When peaks hit you work 12 hour shifts 6 days a week, and when slow it was hard to make a decent paycheck.
Pros
Paid Time Off
Cons
Hours and no heating or ac
productive
Wave Planner (Current Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAMay 1, 2016
the company is a good place I have learn a lot in the company some the cons about the place is not knowing when the day is going to end it different every day so it hard with having kids and dealing with the sitters it all ways seem like a secret when trying to get a ideal time to let the sitters know .my co-workers are good people to work with
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
never know when getting off work
n/a
Trainer/Selector (Current Employee) –  York, PAMay 1, 2016
management is good coworkers are good like getting off early job is not hard its very easy nothing else to really say its a job you could work long hours or get off early off weekends off holidays management is good with time off
Great Branch Manager terrible upper management
Export Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wood Dale, ILMay 1, 2016
Upper management is horrible (boys club)....Unreasonable demands on employees... OHL have been bought out by a larger freight forwarder so good luck on keeping a job there. Definite favortism