OHL Employee Reviews

OHL
Reciever (Former Employee), Chambersburg, PAMay 28, 2015
Pros: multiple breaks
Cons: workload differs
I would start work at 6am. I would unload and load trucks. One thing that I learned is you have to be welling to do the work. Management is good but at times they lacked communication. My co-workers varied in age but for the most part did what was expected of them. The hardest part of my job was sorting the merchandise onto the correct skids without mixing anything up. The most enjoyable part of my job was scanning the items in.
good place to work
Team Lead (Former Employee), kansas cityMay 21, 2015
Pros: co workers are great
Cons: location
fun place to work, never had any problem with co workers, had a great relationship with them. i learned that managing people is not easy but you must be willing to listen and respect them too
productive Place
picker/picker/audit/shipping/receiving (Current Employee), Sparks, NVMay 19, 2015
OHL is a big Company where we have the experience to learn new things. I have learned how to pick, pack, and audit on different ways. I have the opportunity to work on different warehouses like Apple and Bluesteam. I know how to use synapse system.
Productive, friendly, good benefits.
Picker/Packer/Warehouse Specialist (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 19, 2015
Pros: break rooms, down time
Cons: short breaks
The company is a distrubtion center that always me to work with others as a team. To communicate with others and to reach production goals on a daily basis.
We was a family at the facility that I worked at.
Shipping coordinator (Former Employee), Independence, MOMay 14, 2015
Pros: We was like family at the facility that I worked at.
Cons: They facility closed down.
I really enjoyed working for this company. I was able to advance in this company. I really liked the managers. I would work for this company again.
Holiday gifts
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Granite City, ILMay 13, 2015
Pros: great work hours
Cons: Temporary assignment
General warehouse duties which included operating a forklift cherry picker, reach machine, stand up pallet as well as manual pallet jack
temp service(staffmark)
OHL Material HAndler (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 11, 2015
Pros: NON
Cons: no will to advance employees
semi-productive job just didn't desire to advance employees even the hardest working of employees . very hard working indivisuals nevr gained advancement even after 3 plus years there
Under the wrong Managnment
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee), Mt.JulietMay 4, 2015
Pros: NO PROS
Cons: Leadership SUCK is so sad at OHL
I would not suggest people to work at this Warehouse or any of the facilities they may have.

They treat auditors like nothing and the Supervisors and Leads plot on people they do not like. If I was the supplier I would be worried.
Great staff
Packer/Picker (Former Employee), McDonough, GAApril 30, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: hard floors for 12 hours, but breaks were frequent.
I felt like I had joined a family, everyone was so loving and understanding. learning the product was easy and interesting.
corrupt management
Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Auburn, WAApril 22, 2015
i was one of the most reliable and consistent hard working employees and the management just uses there good employees.
I learned how to drive the forklift
Great Experience and Fun!
Material Handler (Former Employee), Columbus, OHApril 14, 2015
Pros: Great Management
Cons: Some short work days
Walk around while you work is great exercise. Great people for co-workers that care for your well being. You have to work to stay the whole day, and i like that. That would mean you would have to put in work for your pay check.
Fast paced work environment.
Warehouse associate/stocker (Former Employee), Chambersburg, PAApril 9, 2015
Pros: The line leads were great.
Cons: The management didn't seem to care about their employees.
A typical day involved working fast and keeping lines moving. No time to take brakes or slow down. I didn't learn much as I've done warehousing/production work for over 15 years. The job was fairly easy, restocking shelves with products.

Co-workers were very stressed out. The hardest part of the job was not having enough hours. There were weeks where we worked 40+ and then there were weeks where we got less than 20 hours. That made it difficult for paying bills, rent, etc. You never knew how much you would make per week.
Great ideas without proper follow through
Regional HR Manager, SE Region (Former Employee), Brentwood, TNApril 8, 2015
Pros: Autonomy
Cons: No real strategic plans in place
Lots of projects were started and never finished. Implementation of new programs, policies, procedures, ets were not properly planned leading to lots of failure usually blamed on those trying to work around the failed plans.
This is a privatly owned company
QC Inspector (Current Employee), Sparks, NVApril 2, 2015
Pros: once ayear bbq
Cons: short breaks.30 min lunch
Generaly you are treated like slaves. They bring you on a serten "job title" but are expected to do what ever they want. Basicly you become there handyman. This is not a challeging or fullfing job for me.
Great atmosphere
INVENTORY CONTROL SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Wilmer, TXApril 1, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Not enough hours or room for advancement
I enjoy my job and what I do. The people are great. They do offer good benefits but not enough hours. The company is growing and maybe eventually will have room for advancement.
LOOK ELSEWHERE!
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Romeoville, ILMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Some people care to do their job correctly
Cons: Bad Company Bad management
I worked for this company for two years. I started in Put Away and worked into Inventory. What a mess! The Operations Manager ran my account into the ground and ended up getting a promotion. Most employees are there for a paycheck and the Red Prairie productivity standard forces everyone to CHEAT the system in order to make their productivity numbers. Upper Management is CLUELESS about how to run the accounts. They should listen to their employees who do the job EVERYDAY for their feedback.
It was a happy job for me as picking is fun
Picking (Former Employee), Plainfield, INMarch 13, 2015
Picking clothes is an easy learnt work and can speed up as soon as I noticed what is hanged where. My supervisor encouraged me and recognized me as I worked hard. But sometimes we can not work full hours, had to stop and go back home when we met the goal.
average work place
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), La Porte, TXMarch 1, 2015
the staff was helpful in finding me work the first 3 jobs were more temporary and the last one I was a temp to hire but I was there for five months until they laid me off. After being laid off I have not heard from any positions from staffmark.
A place where I work daily at whatever task they ask me to do.
Operation Supervisor David Beattie P (Current Employee), Auburn, WAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: they do counsel you when needed
Cons: your on a point system if you screw up too much on little things your gone.
I'll say this about OHL they are a good co. to work for unless you don't fit the mold of what they're looking for but that's true of other places to I'd guess.
not so great
picker packer (Former Employee), Plainfield, INFebruary 20, 2015
it would be long 12 hours with only two breaks warehouse be hot and supervisor would talk to you like you nothing start time was crazy 3a.m. pay was only 9.85
Headquarters