OHL

OHL Employer Reviews

Great place to work..but doesn't pay 80(
lol.. not going to happen (Current Employee), Romeoville ILMarch 25, 2014
Pros: great work place
Cons: could work on a better insensitive package for more $
2 Year employee. I'm still with the company.
This would really be a great place to work for a
long time but if you are expecting to make more then $12-$13 hour as a lead don't waste your time. The only people making $ are tge supervisors and managers. HR is great and the employees are fantastic to work with. management is good but in all business its – more... about communication. – less
OHL good job
forklift operator (Former Employee), Edwardsville ILMarch 23, 2014
Pros: good lunchs
Cons: good breaks
I would have loved to stay with them but it was a temp job.And all the co-worker got along just fine.
OHL was a very good company to work for.
FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee), Memphis, TennesseeMarch 15, 2014
Pros: nice hours
Cons: high turnovers
It was nice working at OHL. Nice environment. The hours was great. There was lots of over-time. You worked in every area. Great supervisors and the training was remarkable. I worked in receiving, picking, replenishing, put-away and cycle-counting. I enjoyed the 12
years I spent at OHL.
DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY
Material Handler II (Former Employee), La Vergne, TNMarch 6, 2014
Cons: too many to list here
DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY LIES TO EMPLOYEES DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY
Horrible management!! poor communication!!
order selector/ forklift operator (Former Employee), chamberburg, paMarch 1, 2014
Pros: weekend shift
Cons: poor management and communication
You are definitely made to expendable. Very unprofessional upper management.
Good work place bad management
Material Handler (Former Employee), Breinigsville, PAFebruary 9, 2014
i like working for this company but i got laid off for being absent so many times but i worked there for 5 months and only missed 1 day
coworkers
line lead (Former Employee), chambersburg,paFebruary 9, 2014
co workers were really helpful with new people to the job. communication is alittle weak in spots.
good job fast pace work
Temp Assignments (Former Employee), Chambersburg, PAFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: co worker are willing to help you
Cons: someday we wouldnt work a day shift
fast paces work like how they train new hires would like to work for this company againg
Just say it's tempary, and they don't plan on giving me a pay raise.
Staff Mark Temp Services (Current Employee), McDonough, GAJanuary 28, 2014
I wake up to go home. Make it thru eight hours, and go home. Learning more about the RF scan gun. They're not good at what they do, at all.
learning new things
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Edwardsville, KSJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: learned alot
Cons: closed
i got to move up fast in this company loved what i was doing and the office people were great
TERRIBLE
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee), Granite City, ILJanuary 22, 2014
Cons: see above
I will never work for OHL anywhere out of fear of it being just like the last one I worked. Was hired without being told of expectations. Such as being on call and called in early. (When I worked there and left for home they would call you 4 hrs prior to your schedule and tell you to be in early THAT day/night. And if you didn't answer your cell...Whoooooboyyyy!) – more... I have NOTHING good to say about that company and warn everyone from working there. They ripped me off on pay too. I negotiated for a higher wage and when my 90 days came around they said I got it when they hired me because they give all that up front....REALLY!? WHO DOES THAT!? THAT MAKES NO SENSE! – less
Best place i have ever worked!
Operator (Former Employee), La Vergne, TNJanuary 18, 2014
Picking all day.
To pick fast and stack.
GREAT MANAGEMENT!
A Lot of employees.
Big boxes.
My paycheck!!
productive company with some benefits
Standup Operator (Former Employee), Plainfield, INJanuary 10, 2014
learned pallet rider, reach truck , and forklift. i would go from picking to replenning to LTL order picking, back and forth all day. hardest part of the job was 14 hour days.
A typical day at work
Warehouse Agent (Current Employee), romeoville,ilJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: laid back environment and can dress how ever you want
Cons: no communication with whats going on in the warehouse
Clock in , stretch out warm up my muscle and get ready to unload truck containers, depending on the day i usually unload about 3 to 4 containers sometimes more.
60+ hours, overtime mandatory
Supervisor (Former Employee), Coppell, TXDecember 30, 2013
Pros: co workers are some of the hardest working people you will ever find.
Cons: management will fill your spot if you make a mistake.
Very busy days, no time for breaks or lunches. If you can work 1st shift. If you want a lot of overtime work 2nd shift.
Horrible place of employment!!! Do not recommend getting a job here!!
Puller/Stocker (Current Employee), Chambersburg, PADecember 29, 2013
Pros: its a job, its in a dry place, if no one gets hurt for a long time they give you a little party to celebrate them saving money
Cons: everything about the company
Its a borderline sweatshop! hot as hell in the summer and winter coat weather in the winter. They nickle and dime you the whole way.. They pay $9 hour and charge you $29 for a mandatory drug test, that comes out of your first check! (because u make such good money) It is mandatory that you do a certain amount of work per hour or you will be "let go" – more... and to accomplish that amount of work you are literally almost at a run to accomplish it, No one should have to work that hard for $9! but they say the harder you work there is an incentive package! if you completely run and move as fast as you possibly can you can make up to $12 hour if you double their production.. and there is always room to move up in the company, but all the good positions are taken.. so the most you can actually move up is floor management.
I chose first shift cause that works best for me.. but what they did not tell you is your working 10 hour days and you have to be not only in the building but all the way at the production line, at 3:30 am where the time clocks are..
They offer you a health package for $60 week out of your check.. but the down side is its not even a big enough package to cover the "Obamacare garbage" so it is basically useless..
They give you holidays off.. unpaid.. and only that one day of the holiday.. I could go on and on but I think you get the point.. don't make the same mistake I did. – less
slow and not caring
Auditor (Former Employee), chambersburg,paDecember 24, 2013
management is careless about their employees thoughts and concerns
OHL is only out for their own benefit.....
Sr. Operations Manager (Former Employee), Ontario, CADecember 20, 2013
Overall OHL was a company that worked their employees to much and we had no work/life balance.
Horrible company
LTO (Former Employee), winchester, vaDecember 18, 2013
Pros: ...
Cons: tmtl
Supervisors are lazy, bad communication throughout the building, over worked, not enough bodies on forklifts, a lot of ignorance, too many bosses I'm pretty sure everybody who works there is a supervisor. Bad business practices. Good luck.
ok job
Labeler (Former Employee), Ontario, CADecember 13, 2013
Pros: not hard work
Cons: sometimes pickers wont bring anything to label, which still counts against you. overtime is mandatory
Expected to label at least 250 boxes an hour. Sent home if you dont. Unfair because i was fired after getting sent home twice. My friend got sent home four times but still works there...

About OHL

OHL is one of the largest 3PLs in the world, providing integrated global supply chain management solutions. Founded in 1951 and – Read more