OHL

OHL Employer Reviews

Terrible place
Picker/Packer (Former Employee), Auburn, WASeptember 21, 2013
Pros: make good friends.
Cons: lack of hours during the off season, management was poor, lack of care for their employees
When I was hired I worked night shift during the holiday season. 10 to 15 hour shift that seemed like I lived there. The leads and management didn't really care for their employees and they made it feel impossible to meet their daily standards. The only good part about the job is getting work with a few great people.
Great Company
Customer Service - Christy Hall (Former Employee), Ontario, CASeptember 19, 2013
The culture from the team was very team oriented. Everyone worked together as a unit to accomplish goals. The HR team was very helpful with any questions or concerns. I would recommend this company to go work for.
N/A
Team Lead (Former Employee), Statesville, NCSeptember 4, 2013
Start work with a meeting. Let people know what needs to be done that day. Filter complaints against management. Take care of fixing problems as they arose that I could take care of without involving upper management. (Inventory, order/shipment entries, shipping.)
The floor tried to work together.
The hardest part was to keep people from being depressed – more... about their job.
The most enjoyable part was working with people. – less
policies change everyday.
management (Former Employee), plainfield, inAugust 31, 2013
Pros: not employed there.
Cons: eveything
The most racist company ever, minorities don"t stand a chance. Hispanics and blacks are disrespected on a daily basis.
not the best place to work
TEAM LEAD/SHIPPING (Former Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 20, 2013
Pros: not many but i geuss if i had to give one the pay is ok
Cons: hard work no management and employees are not cared for at all
There is no room for error and the management is not caring at all to there employees needs at all. The pay is ok but they have a point system there that is not well thought out. I would not work for them at all ever again.
Descent place to work for.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 20, 2013
Enjoyed my coworkers and enjoyed the work, but OHL has a point system process for the discipline. This point system is a flawed system due to if one person has a bad year of being sick they can very easily lose their job.
Productive Safe and Fun Warehouse Enviroment
Vendor Merchandising Inventory Specialist (Current Employee), Coppell, TXAugust 20, 2013
Pros: freedom, job stability
Cons: no life, pay too low for my experience
A typical day at work would be cycle counts, order pulling, inventory.
I've learned to use WMP and GMP processing systems
I've also learned to use LS Centrum to prepare incoming and outgoing shipments.
My coworkers are great. Its actually like I was meant to be there because including me i work with 3 other Leo's and all of our birthdays are a week – more... apart. The hardest part is probably not having too much of a life. You can still have a life but I'm not a night owl anymore because I work so much so I have to do things when I have a chance to be off. The thing I love most about this job is the way management gives you space. Their not stalking you every five minutes. They trust you to do your job and we get it done. – less
Started out okay, but ended up as the worst job ever.
web (Former Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 9, 2013
Pros: salary, some co-workers
Cons: management, communication, professionalism
When I was there, the president decided to quit after a short period of time, and the company had to find another guy to replace him. I don't remember the exact number, but I think it was the 3rd president within 5 years - not exactly a good precedent for the employees.

Salary and benefits were decent for a small city like Nashville.

The team I worked – more... with was pretty good: very knowledgeable, worked hard, was very intuitive and knew the business inside and out. While some of them relied on me for best practices, they were very easy to work with and made an effort to work and collaborate together for the betterment of the company.

However, certain people have different ideas on business ethics, professional communication, industry best practices - and thought they were always right and was favoring their "friends'" opinions over business best practices. Because I was lower on the totem pole in the team, my push for those best practices was left to deaf ears, and was even replaced by not-so-great best practices by said team member/s. It wasn't long until the results came and did not exceed expectations, and of course, I was blamed for the execution, even when there were enough evidence that I did what was right to push for those best practices.

I respect the few members how made the work enjoyable and worthwhile, and honestly they were that good. But having worked in a management role for 3 Fortune 50 companies, OHL is by far the most ridiculous of the companies I've ever worked for. – less
Great palce
Package Handler (Former Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 8, 2013
Very good co-workers great hours and the supervisors were great also it was always busy and we worked well as a team
Produvtive A Great Job To Start A family With
OPERATOR1 (Current Employee), Coppell, TXJuly 29, 2013
HARD WORK ALSO FUN AT THE SAME TIME YOU LEARMN RESPONSIBILITY MANAGEMENT ARE GREAT JUST THE PAY IS GREAT HARDEST ABOUT THE JOB IS WRAPPING 60 PALLETS A DAY ENJOY THE PEOPLE AND THE SURROUNDINGS
productive workplace that cares about ther employeea
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), TXJuly 29, 2013
Pros: lot of benifits and more
Cons: short breaks and never know when u get off
Work day would be fun with a lot of challenges learned how to use a lot of helpful programs such as Snaps and as 400 great management team. Hardest part of the job would be the converting from as 400 to snaps
Produtive and fun
Operator II (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 20, 2013
A typical day at for me is.. We start up out daily meeting finding what's on the dock and what needs to be load and audit for the day. Afterwards we do a couple of streches and excerises. Finally, we start working. The management is pretty cool when they pass down useful information about the work and what each shift has done for that day or evening. – more... My co- workers are fun to work around and we work as a pretty good team. The hardest of my is job staying cool from the heat. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to continue to keep learning different methods to make my job easier. – less
This job was a great experience
Staff Management (Former Employee), Memphis, TennesseeJuly 19, 2013
On a typical day i worked from 7am to 4pm with two paid fifteen minute breaks and an hour lunch break. i learned how to manage my time during and after work. All of the managers that i had worked with were very responsible. There were some co-workers that i enjoyed working with and some not so much but overall they were an enjoyment. There was not really – more... a hard part to the job. What i enjoyed most about the job was the fast work and there was always something that needed to be done. i enjoy having something to work on the whole time during work hours. – less
Horrible Place to Work
OHL (Current Employee), Sparks, NVJuly 17, 2013
Cons: everything
I am a current employee and do not recomend this place.
My co-workers are the best part. My supervisor is a joke and my manager is nice but a yes man. There is no life after work because you go home to work. Beni's are lousy and unaffordable.
The company takes complete advantage of their employees. The pay is miniscule. I can go on and on but I have – more... to work more.... – less
Productive workplace
Order Picker/Puller (Former Employee), Chambersburg, PAJuly 15, 2013
Pros: hours
Cons: pay, benefits
Typical day started with receiving pick tickets from warehouse manager and filling the orderes throughout the day.
I learded how to use an RF scanner
Productive place
Order Puller (Former Employee), Compton, CAJuly 11, 2013
never got paid on time. always had errors in my paychecks where they didnt pay me for hours that i worked
To much favortisums
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Carlisle, PAJune 20, 2013
Pros: easy job
Cons: they let some employees do what ever they wnated and then the rest payed for there mistakes.
The job was vey easy.
It was only an 11 man crew.
Free cereal.
Let some employees do anything they want.
GOOD
PACKER (Former Employee), Chambersburg, PAJune 16, 2013
Pros: mixture of cultures working
Cons: low values
I WOULDNT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE. THEIR VALUES ON HOW TO TREAT PEOPLE ARNT AS GOOD AS OTHER PLACES.
Enjoyed my work
Central Billing Administrator (Former Employee), Brentwood, TNMay 31, 2013
Pros: great benefits and people
Cons: no advancement
The job was good and challenging. I got to learn an entire new system for the company. I would audit costs for the customers making sure they were charged correctly based on the customer's contract.

The hardest part was having a balance between home and work. Did not get the advancement I was hoping for.
unprofessional. rude. management difficult to work with and for.
imports (Former Employee), charlotte ncApril 22, 2013
Pros: co workers are sweet and pleasant
Cons: save yourself and dont apply
A typical workday would begin with not knowing type of mood the manager would be in which would determine your entire day. The typical mood is mean irritable condescending and rude. Your spoken to like a child and put down publicly in front of your co workers. Your told to do un-compliant work procedures and reprimanded if you don't. If a true government – more... audit was performed in this office it would be shut down and fined.
Management plays favorites so even if you are a wonderful employee you will not be rewarded or treated fairly if management has decided you are competition. You are better off being a puppet where you allow your strings to be pulled than a compliant hard working and ethical person with a drive to succeed. In fact the more drive you have the more you will be seen as a threat and will be pushed out the door. The manager will throw employees under the bus even to their own customers.
The hardest part of the job is absolutely working with the manager and the unsolicited abuse she dishes out. Human Resources is fully aware of the reign of terror and has not remedied it in any way. – less

About OHL

OHL is one of the largest 3PLs in the world, providing integrated global supply chain management solutions. Founded in 1951 and – Read more