OHL

OHL Employee Reviews

If you are looking for a career and not a Job.... look somewhere else
Transportation Planner (Former Employee), Brentwood, TNJanuary 14, 2015
Cons: little pay, development, and professionalism
Management is either detached or does not care about operational excellence. They tend to make split decisions without considering how it effects operations. Sales reps will sell solutions that are not operationally possible which is why they have so much customer turn over.

I've worked at the company for three years and have learned a lot about the transportation industry, but more about how not to manage your employees and an office environment. Upper management is not trusted by any of its employees, does not know how to run the accounts, and pushes everyone to the limit to hit numbers for its private equity firm.
A growing environment and new challenges arose everyday
OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 12, 2015
A typical day was to manage the receiving and shipping department overview productivity goals and ensuring the safety measures are being kept daily. I learned that you must continue to keep thriving for success. Management was great and really enjoyed being part of the team. They valued my opinion and my coworkers also did. The hardest thing about the job was not having control of any customer volumes and adapting to any immediate same day changes. The part that I loved the most of the job was the interaction with the team.
DON'T WORK HERE!!!
Waiver (Former Employee), Sparks NVJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: nice cleaning lady
Cons: gossipy, wanna-be thug co-workers, sub-par management, dim witted hr
Worked for this company from September until January. Called in sick with the flu (never called in before), had a legit drs note, and got "laid off" by a supervisor who is completely oblivious to running a dishwasher, let alone 2 accounts. Management is exceptionally immature, and HR is useless.
Chop Shop for the Corporate World
Transportation Planner (Former Employee), Brentwood, TNDecember 28, 2014
A good first time job out of college but nothing else. Managers are of touch and will stab you in the back. I have witnessed employees belittled in front of co-workers and creates a very hostile environment. Very unprofessional company.
Owned by a private equity firm - went through 2 CEOs and 2 CFOs in a 6 month period
Contract Financial Consultant (Former Employee), Nashville, TNDecember 2, 2014
Pros: no pros
Cons: not a very nice place to work
Company is like a revolving door. The entire finance department quit over a one month period.
Job expectations and reality were different
Government Sales Manager (Former Employee), Oakwood GANovember 14, 2014
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: company changes
Booking and moving freight

I learned so much. I had never been in operations before and I enjoyed it.

All of the Managers were great people. I have a lot of respect for them all.

The hardest part was the company was going through a lot of directional changes.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the carriers. I built some really good relationships.
It was a place where i got to meet alot of new people.
Forklift Operator/Dock Worker (Former Employee), Memphis, TNNovember 14, 2014
Pros: decent breaks, sometimes overtime, and got to become very good co worker with my supervisor.
Cons: shift before me didnt have many decent workers and was disorganized.
The typical day at work for me was that I never knew what I was going to be doing. They might have me doing or trying to do someone else job or have me doing something that wasn't OSHA requirement. I learned that people was feeling the same way I was about the company but dealt with until they found better. Management was disorganized and didn't really care for how they treated their workers. The hardest part of the job was really making it through the day and dealing with the people there. I honestly must say the most enjoyable part of the job for me was when most of the front office left to go home along with the shift before us and working with my shift with a little peace and quiet.
Great Job
Auditor (Former Employee), Mount Juliet, TNNovember 12, 2014
Pros: the learning experience was great
Cons: pay
Temporary Position. I learn how to audit my own work and how to set store displays. This was a good learning experience.
Friendly hard workers
Lead (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXNovember 6, 2014
Pros: early breaks
Cons: not enough time for breaks, kitchen not big enough
First we have the start up meeting where everyone in the warehouse meet up and talk about the daily goals, excise and we also recite the Walmart cheer. I learned to be very patient with other workers when training. The management team we have is one of the best because understand we all have lives outside of the job and they treat us all equal. My co-workers are very exceptional, they work very hard and is very respectable individuals . The hardest part about my job is writing my co-workers names up when their late from breaks. I enjoy my job because it's very easy to work with reliable people.
warehouse worker
Warehouse Clerk/Laborer (Former Employee), Granite CityOctober 31, 2014
Pros: good job
Cons: short term
It was a great job, but it was temporary services, and I wanted more longevity.
productive an good atmoshpere
Warehouse Lead an Worker (Former Employee), Nashville, TNOctober 31, 2014
Pros: nice breaks an lunch, we had music to listen too.
nice place to work, good people, from top to bottom everbody had teamwork and a great attitude
Strong Fast Paced Compay
Engineering Manager (Current Employee), Brentwood, TNOctober 23, 2014
Pros: strong team members to work with
Cons: project timelines can tend to be too short to provide the proper solution.
Every day is very fast paced and a key to being successful is thinking quickly and being confident behind your decisions. The best part of the job is the people you work with on the projects. The hardest part is the work life balance as there is extensive travel in certain rolls and keeping pace in a 3PL environment takes more than the average level of dedication.

The best part of the company in my opinion is the open communication, once I heard it describe as "we are a company that when someone calls for help we send the cavalry, we do not shoot the messenger." For the most part this is the truth.
Great company to work for
inventory specailist (Current Employee), Breingisville PaOctober 22, 2014
i like working with my co worker they great people to be around with
Nice warehouse
Order Picker (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXOctober 16, 2014
Not a bad place to work if you don't mind working 12 hour shifts, a lot of repetitive lifting, a lot of moderately heavy lifting, forklift and power pallet jack knowledge is a must.
good pay,good benefits,high turnover rate
picker (Former Employee), Chambersburg, PAOctober 11, 2014
Pros: good pay, good benefits, friendly employees and managers
Cons: consistent pushing
they pay well,with incentives to work faster and earn more per hr. the benefits are nice and you get several breaks during your shift. the work as a picker is repetitive. you fill your part of the box and then slide it to the next person on the line. they continually expect you to go faster and faster and faster and will yell at you continually if you aren't as fast as what they want you to be. Keeping up with the pros can be very difficult. Most of the line managers are really nice and your co-workers are really friendly. But if you do not keep with the pros past a month of being there they will fire you.
productive
Pick/Pack (Former Employee), Plainfield, INOctober 8, 2014
i really like this job i got along with my coworkers i like the breaks because we get to get anything off the menu. the customers were always easy to get along with because i always kept an positive attitude.
Company has lots of management problems.
Operator 1 (Current Employee), Excelsior Springs, MOSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: close to home.
Cons: management. why do we have to be stuck with poor leadership.
I had high hopes when I started at OHL. Shortly after I started my then Lead made an inappropriate comment to me. I reported the comment to upper management, and they addressed it with verbal coaching. Shortly afterwards, he started patronizing me when I would approach him for any assistance. When asked by the manager if I was still having anymore problems, I made him aware of the Leads behavior. He just rolled his eyes and walked away. Shortly afterwards they promoted him to Supervisor. I guess that would be called best business practice.

A typical day would start with a negative shift meeting followed by a bunch of complaints. I found it was best for you not to say anything and just let them hear themselves speak. People here have no self-respect or integrity which leads to their poor work ethics. Expect to clean up spills left in the racks, missing pallets across the warehouse, product put away in the wrong location, trash left strung through the pick-lines and racks, and a bunch of unfinished work from the previous shift.

All these problems led to low-moral, and I don't care attitude. The management team seriously needs to be evaluated they even qualified to be managing anyone. Years of service does not qualify you to manage anyone.

A coworker suffers from a neurological condition that makes him shake uncontrollably. I watch my manager make fun of his condition in the office. It was sad to see someone being made fun of especially by the our manager. I will never take another problem to management again. I could only imagine what he says about you to others. My coworker was so upset. That's what to expect working here. HR is no help either. Reporting a problem to them comes with serious backlash later down the year.

Last and finally is random drug testing. It only works if there's integrity in the supervisor administering the test. Pay him off and your good..
ok
Warehouse Associate/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Carson, CASeptember 25, 2014
Pros: ok
Cons: ok
Demonstrated ability to organize merchandise efficiently
Ability to understand goods retrieval system
Good customer orientation and able to deal effectively with complaints
Able to operate a pallet jack and fork lift
Proven ability to stand for long hours
Physically dexterous to lift and move heavy weights
Good understanding of blueprints and drawings
Strong mathematical skills
Adept at handling hazardous material properly
Familiar with warehouse safety precautions and procedures
Ability to use pneumatic ladders
Skilled in basic computer operations
slow paced environment
Fork Lift Operator (Current Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: bad pay
I didnt feel apreciated nor did most employees,it was very low pay and horrible hours.I would not go backi nor recommend anyone else to go.
Mad employee
Analytical Lead (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXSeptember 18, 2014
I was sexually harassed and treated wrong multiple times at this warehouse and instead of doing something about it they moved my shift. I am guessing to not do anything about it. I know this was a new warehouse but as an older company they do not have their stuff right. I do plan on making a lawsuit against them.

About OHL

OHL is one of the largest 3PLs in the world, providing integrated global supply chain management solutions. Founded in 1951 and – Read more

OHL Salaries