OHL

OHL Employee Reviews

Production - open door policy
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: employee recognition
Cons: long hours
Daily operations on 3 shifts - including receiving, put-away, pick, pack, and ship. 3 supervisor that work toward accomplishing the same goals - meet KPI's monthly.
Productive employees
Receiving Lead (Former Employee), Chambersburg, PAFebruary 16, 2015
Being responsible for a receiving team .
How to better accomplish work as a lead .
Management was learning as they were fairly new .
My co-workers were very hard workers and team players .
Hardest part about the job was the learning curve of management .
Was my cooperative co-workers .
A new account for OHL--Kohls
Assistant Operations Manager - Inventory Control (Current Employee), McDonough, GAFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: short days when not in peak
Cons: no bonus program for management
Kohls is a new account for OHL. All management new to OHL. This is the first time Kohls has used a third party. There is alot of confusion and unorganized. Communication between OHL and Kohls needs a lot of improvement.
Really high production
Packer (Former Employee), Chambersburg, PAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: two paid breaks good work environment
Cons: really high production numbers
This is wasent a bad job but the turnover rate is so high because the production numbers are almost impossible to hit at packing it was 21 boxes a hour minum and most people avg 15-20
Cant even rate
Operations Lead (Current Employee), WINCHESTER, VAJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: good health benefits
Cons: tmtl
Most employees are wonderful, management was good. there are some employees who laugh because they can make up lies and get managers fired. No work life balance, expected to work 12+ hours a day. Managers are living with hourly employees and nothing is done, even though many employees have complained. a lead that constantly start trouble between the employees. I could go on and on.
Can't say anything positive / was a waste of time - learned nothing
Clerk (Former Employee), Philadelphia paJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: pay is decent, adequate benefits
Cons: absolutely the poor management, cant emphasis this point enough
Dreaded every day of the 14 months i worked in the philadelphia office, aside from working with a few nice coworkers, the long time employees were nasty, back stabbing sneaks.

The supervisor , as she was called was a joke - constantly on my back about everything and the assistant manager was by far one of the most unprofessional people I've ever had the misfortune of working for. They truly went by what the snitches in the office would tell them -- and like dogs with a bone they were absolutely relentless with their knit picking / to the point I went to hr - never ever did that in my life- the job was frothing more than s glorified typist. I learned nothing and the happiest day was my last day!!!

Truly the most unprofessional people i have dealt with. Incredibly glad it's over!!!
productive safe environment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Edwardsville, ILJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: coworkers
Cons: short breaks
Each day was the same at that job site easy, smooth, and a little unorganized. I learned to take on a better role model and leadership. The mangers was ok but they seemed a little lost at times probably do to the fact of some of the co-workers but most co-workers was good workers. There wasn't really a hard part of the job but only when the confusion start with the managers. I really enjoyed my job though because of the co-workers and my jobs I accomplish.
If you are looking for a career and not a Job.... look somewhere else
Transportation Planner (Former Employee), Brentwood, TNJanuary 14, 2015
Cons: little pay, development, and professionalism
Management is either detached or does not care about operational excellence. They tend to make split decisions without considering how it effects operations. Sales reps will sell solutions that are not operationally possible which is why they have so much customer turn over.

I've worked at the company for three years and have learned a lot about the transportation industry, but more about how not to manage your employees and an office environment. Upper management is not trusted by any of its employees, does not know how to run the accounts, and pushes everyone to the limit to hit numbers for its private equity firm.
A growing environment and new challenges arose everyday
OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 12, 2015
A typical day was to manage the receiving and shipping department overview productivity goals and ensuring the safety measures are being kept daily. I learned that you must continue to keep thriving for success. Management was great and really enjoyed being part of the team. They valued my opinion and my coworkers also did. The hardest thing about the job was not having control of any customer volumes and adapting to any immediate same day changes. The part that I loved the most of the job was the interaction with the team.
DON'T WORK HERE!!!
Waiver (Former Employee), Sparks NVJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: nice cleaning lady
Cons: gossipy, wanna-be thug co-workers, sub-par management, dim witted hr
Worked for this company from September until January. Called in sick with the flu (never called in before), had a legit drs note, and got "laid off" by a supervisor who is completely oblivious to running a dishwasher, let alone 2 accounts. Management is exceptionally immature, and HR is useless.
Chop Shop for the Corporate World
Transportation Planner (Former Employee), Brentwood, TNDecember 28, 2014
A good first time job out of college but nothing else. Managers are of touch and will stab you in the back. I have witnessed employees belittled in front of co-workers and creates a very hostile environment. Very unprofessional company.
Owned by a private equity firm - went through 2 CEOs and 2 CFOs in a 6 month period
Contract Financial Consultant (Former Employee), Nashville, TNDecember 2, 2014
Pros: no pros
Cons: not a very nice place to work
Company is like a revolving door. The entire finance department quit over a one month period.
Job expectations and reality were different
Government Sales Manager (Former Employee), Oakwood GANovember 14, 2014
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: company changes
Booking and moving freight

I learned so much. I had never been in operations before and I enjoyed it.

All of the Managers were great people. I have a lot of respect for them all.

The hardest part was the company was going through a lot of directional changes.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the carriers. I built some really good relationships.
It was a place where i got to meet alot of new people.
Forklift Operator/Dock Worker (Former Employee), Memphis, TNNovember 14, 2014
Pros: decent breaks, sometimes overtime, and got to become very good co worker with my supervisor.
Cons: shift before me didnt have many decent workers and was disorganized.
The typical day at work for me was that I never knew what I was going to be doing. They might have me doing or trying to do someone else job or have me doing something that wasn't OSHA requirement. I learned that people was feeling the same way I was about the company but dealt with until they found better. Management was disorganized and didn't really care for how they treated their workers. The hardest part of the job was really making it through the day and dealing with the people there. I honestly must say the most enjoyable part of the job for me was when most of the front office left to go home along with the shift before us and working with my shift with a little peace and quiet.
Great Job
Auditor (Former Employee), Mount Juliet, TNNovember 12, 2014
Pros: the learning experience was great
Cons: pay
Temporary Position. I learn how to audit my own work and how to set store displays. This was a good learning experience.
Friendly hard workers
Lead (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXNovember 6, 2014
Pros: early breaks
Cons: not enough time for breaks, kitchen not big enough
First we have the start up meeting where everyone in the warehouse meet up and talk about the daily goals, excise and we also recite the Walmart cheer. I learned to be very patient with other workers when training. The management team we have is one of the best because understand we all have lives outside of the job and they treat us all equal. My co-workers are very exceptional, they work very hard and is very respectable individuals . The hardest part about my job is writing my co-workers names up when their late from breaks. I enjoy my job because it's very easy to work with reliable people.
warehouse worker
Warehouse Clerk/Laborer (Former Employee), Granite CityOctober 31, 2014
Pros: good job
Cons: short term
It was a great job, but it was temporary services, and I wanted more longevity.
productive an good atmoshpere
Warehouse Lead an Worker (Former Employee), Nashville, TNOctober 31, 2014
Pros: nice breaks an lunch, we had music to listen too.
nice place to work, good people, from top to bottom everbody had teamwork and a great attitude
Strong Fast Paced Compay
Engineering Manager (Current Employee), Brentwood, TNOctober 23, 2014
Pros: strong team members to work with
Cons: project timelines can tend to be too short to provide the proper solution.
Every day is very fast paced and a key to being successful is thinking quickly and being confident behind your decisions. The best part of the job is the people you work with on the projects. The hardest part is the work life balance as there is extensive travel in certain rolls and keeping pace in a 3PL environment takes more than the average level of dedication.

The best part of the company in my opinion is the open communication, once I heard it describe as "we are a company that when someone calls for help we send the cavalry, we do not shoot the messenger." For the most part this is the truth.
Great company to work for
inventory specailist (Current Employee), Breingisville PaOctober 22, 2014
i like working with my co worker they great people to be around with
Headquarters