OHL

OHL Employee Reviews

Warehouse work
Sr. Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 18, 2015
OHL is great. They should review their staff so they could have better management. Co-workers are amazing and give 100% everyday.
Productive workplace
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 10, 2015
There was always enough work to do but not enough work supplies. Managers had good days and bad days. some of the co-workeres from different shifts were rude and nothing was done about it. the job was simple just hard when you had to wait on differnt supplies. Managers would get upset or get on employees for not doing anything even when they knew it wasn't anything employees could do without supplies. The most enjoyable part of the job was staying busy.
Fork Lift Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 9, 2015
The job was good. I enjoyed the work, my co-workers, and mangement. it was a little scarry learning the reach lift, but once you get the hang of it it was good. I am very fast and efficient at driving a fork lift
Director of Accounts Receivable and Collections (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNJune 8, 2015
Have thoroughly enjoyed my time here. The growth opportunity has been good. Needs more attention to job training. I enjoyed my co workers and received respect from my superiors.
Decent Place to Work
Wave Planner (Former Employee) –  Mt Juliet, TNJune 4, 2015
Overall, I enjoyed my experience with OHL.

My Co-workers weren't very enjoyable, but they didn't stop me from enjoying my job and advancing my career.
Decent work area.
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, NJJune 2, 2015
A typical work day would be to punch in, gather notes left on desk, go through emails, enter orders online, print out orders, give sheet to warehouse employees, help pick order, label order, wrap order, print & place shipping label on shipment. repeat.
Ohl
Reciever (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAMay 28, 2015
I would start work at 6am. I would unload and load trucks. One thing that I learned is you have to be welling to do the work. Management is good but at times they lacked communication. My co-workers varied in age but for the most part did what was expected of them. The hardest part of my job was sorting the merchandise onto the correct skids without mixing anything up. The most enjoyable part of my job was scanning the items in.
Pros
multiple breaks
Cons
workload differs
good place to work
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  kansas cityMay 21, 2015
fun place to work, never had any problem with co workers, had a great relationship with them. i learned that managing people is not easy but you must be willing to listen and respect them too
Pros
co workers are great
Cons
location
productive Place
picker/picker/audit/shipping/receiving (Current Employee) –  Sparks, NVMay 19, 2015
OHL is a big Company where we have the experience to learn new things. I have learned how to pick, pack, and audit on different ways. I have the opportunity to work on different warehouses like Apple and Bluesteam. I know how to use synapse system.
Productive, friendly, good benefits.
Picker/Packer/Warehouse Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 19, 2015
The company is a distrubtion center that always me to work with others as a team. To communicate with others and to reach production goals on a daily basis.
Pros
break rooms, down time
Cons
short breaks
We was a family at the facility that I worked at.
Shipping coordinator (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOMay 14, 2015
I really enjoyed working for this company. I was able to advance in this company. I really liked the managers. I would work for this company again.
Pros
We was like family at the facility that I worked at.
Cons
They facility closed down.
Holiday gifts
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Granite City, ILMay 13, 2015
General warehouse duties which included operating a forklift cherry picker, reach machine, stand up pallet as well as manual pallet jack
Pros
great work hours
Cons
Temporary assignment
temp service(staffmark)
OHL Material HAndler (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 11, 2015
semi-productive job just didn't desire to advance employees even the hardest working of employees . very hard working indivisuals nevr gained advancement even after 3 plus years there
Pros
NON
Cons
no will to advance employees
Under the wrong Managnment
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mt.JulietMay 4, 2015
I would not suggest people to work at this Warehouse or any of the facilities they may have.

They treat auditors like nothing and the Supervisors and Leads plot on people they do not like. If I was the supplier I would be worried.
Pros
NO PROS
Cons
Leadership SUCK is so sad at OHL
Great staff
Packer/Picker (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAApril 30, 2015
I felt like I had joined a family, everyone was so loving and understanding. learning the product was easy and interesting.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
hard floors for 12 hours, but breaks were frequent.
corrupt management
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAApril 22, 2015
i was one of the most reliable and consistent hard working employees and the management just uses there good employees.
I learned how to drive the forklift
Great Experience and Fun!
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 14, 2015
Walk around while you work is great exercise. Great people for co-workers that care for your well being. You have to work to stay the whole day, and i like that. That would mean you would have to put in work for your pay check.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Some short work days
Fast paced work environment.
Warehouse associate/stocker (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAApril 9, 2015
A typical day involved working fast and keeping lines moving. No time to take brakes or slow down. I didn't learn much as I've done warehousing/production work for over 15 years. The job was fairly easy, restocking shelves with products.

Co-workers were very stressed out. The hardest part of the job was not having enough hours. There were weeks where we worked 40+ and then there were weeks where we got less than 20 hours. That made it difficult for paying bills, rent, etc. You never knew how much you would make per week.
Pros
The line leads were great.
Cons
The management didn't seem to care about their employees.
Great ideas without proper follow through
Regional HR Manager, SE Region (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNApril 8, 2015
Lots of projects were started and never finished. Implementation of new programs, policies, procedures, ets were not properly planned leading to lots of failure usually blamed on those trying to work around the failed plans.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
No real strategic plans in place
This is a privatly owned company
QC Inspector (Current Employee) –  Sparks, NVApril 2, 2015
Generaly you are treated like slaves. They bring you on a serten "job title" but are expected to do what ever they want. Basicly you become there handyman. This is not a challeging or fullfing job for me.
Pros
once ayear bbq
Cons
short breaks.30 min lunch