Ohlone College Employee Reviews

Excellent experience
Tutor in an Introduction to C++ course (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAMarch 2, 2017
The professor was really supportive. I loved the environment. Schedule was flexible. While I taught students I was also learning a lot from the experience itself including communication skills and I could reflect my own knowledge management through teaching.
Tutored accounting students
Accounting Tutor (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJuly 14, 2016
I tutored accounting students who had a difficult understanding a concept. I learned how to explain concepts into simple and related terms for students.
Instructor was helpful
Member (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAApril 3, 2016
While working closely with the dean, I learned how to manage schedules, and address pressing issues within the college.
Good experience
BASEBALL STATISTICIAN (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAFebruary 7, 2016
It was a very tough school acade4mically but it got me ready for my future. A major downfall is that it is a commuter school.
Excellent Environment
Adjunct Social Sciences (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAJanuary 21, 2016
Ohlone staff and faculty are the most supportive, and helpful people I've ever encountered in the business world. I have had instant response from the management and/or faculty when I ask for advice. There are very employment enhancing enrichment classes throughout the school year. The two sites are new and easily accessible. The cafe's on both campuses have appetizing and delicious choices for food.
My one year internship experience at Ohlone College.
Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAOctober 10, 2015
Great place to work with supportive staff. The management was extremely supportive and was always willing to help. When I arrived I knew little about Purchasing and when my Internship was completed I had learned a lot during that one year. Afterwards I joined a temp agency and was hired to work for a fortune 100 company in their Purchasing Department.
Interesting workplace
Chemistry Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CASeptember 23, 2015
I prepared and made chemical solutions for students as well as assisted faculties in preparing major material in class. Additions, I have to learn how to labeled and updated chemical on record properly. Also, inventoried, shelved and organized chemical materials and kept materials in order were part of my duty job. Furthermore, I like to communicate with students and co-worker, so I can learn more from other people. Overall, I love to make the chemical and help out the students at my school.
Chemistry Lap
Chemical assistant (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAMay 4, 2015
I love to work with my job in chemistry lap. It make my personal more organize what I did and how it make chemical and communication with all the staff, student and other people asking quick question about in lap items.
Pros
Cons
camps
REC Leader (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 13, 2014
this was my old college we worked with kids who was learning the fundamentals of basketball we started at 8am and we ran games after the camp was over
Fun place to work
Athletics Event Management Internship (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJune 13, 2014
enjoyed my job. Worked with my fellow students and got to know the athletes on the other athletic teams
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no constant hours, seasonal job
Fun workplace
Mathematics Tutor (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJune 10, 2014
A typical workday consisted of helping students with math.
A great experience
Math & Speech Tutor (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJuly 2, 2013
Got to work with great students. A very happy and fulfilling experience.
Fun Day at Work
Instructional- Aide Student (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAMay 25, 2013
A typical day at work would be distribute tests to students. File student's folder, and be available for assisting a student in need.

I learned how to pick up phones, and be patient with people.

My co-workers are very friendly.

The hardest part of the job are the days when it is busy.

Enjoyable part about my job is everything. Peaceful environment, and being able to help people in need.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ohlone College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6