Ohlone College Employee Reviews

MATH TUTOR at deaf lab
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CANovember 9, 2017
• Tutored approximately 3 students weekly each semester.
• Taught concepts from all level of mathematics, such as Basic Algebra, Pre-Algebra, Geometry, and trigonometry.
• Kept detailed progress notes and time sheets for each session on a weekly basis.
Pros
free lunches and flexiable times.
Cons
short breaks
Fun job
House Manager (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CANovember 2, 2017
A typical day at work consist of clocking in, checking to make sure that the house is clean and nice looking, checking the outside area and making sure if it is set up properly, taking peoples tickets and having to fill out a performance paper including how many audience members showed up, bringing people from the intermission when it's time, sometimes having to tell them if for whatever reason they did not hear me or see the lights flashing.
I learned how to manage a theater performance, how to stay nice but be a little bit strict when its time to leave the theater so that the theater techs can break down everything and that I can clean up the theater again.
The workplace culture was very nice since I knew pretty much all my coworkers beforehand since it was at my college, so I already felt comfortable with them.
The hardest part of my job was the language barrier between me and some of the clients.
The most enjoyable part was I felt like I fitted in.
Pros
Worked with my school schedule
Cons
Not enough hours
student aide
admissions and records (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAOctober 29, 2017
a typical day at work is picking up mail, processing student forms and filling them all alphabetically and numerically. i learned that this place is a good platform to grow and build up your job experiences after your graduate college
Good working environment
Professor (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CASeptember 16, 2017
Ohlone is a junior college. Besides teaching, the faculty has to do some committee work. There is not much help with the labs.
It good place for a person willing to put in enough time to do a good job The salary is low compared to other colleges. Housing is very expensive in Fremont. It is close to the silicon valley.
Productive and fun learning working environment
Communication Tutor (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAMay 25, 2017
This was an in-school tutor position and I learned a lot about hoping people perfect their skills. I loved the culture and people around me and would definitely recommend this position to other people.
Pros
Great leadership
Cons
Not to hands-on
Fast-paced, unflexible, but fun environment
Student Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAMay 9, 2017
Accounting Dept. was fast-paced, pressurized, sometimes cutthroat environment. People themselves are nice, but there is a gap between management and lay personnel so people were sometimes insecure about their positions and turned to blaming others in fear. Not a good team environment. Working elsewhere on campus, though, can add a plus to your day if you want more relaxing, congenial and fun work environment, especially if you like working in college atmosphere. Many oppty's to take advantage of their excellent theatre and music/sports events, and beautiful, secure neighborhood/campus environment. Average benefits package compared to other employers in the area if you get benefits.
Pros
Motivating work env. due to typical college atmosphere
Cons
They can cut or add to your hours based on college's needs. Only minimum wage if you are a student.
Financial Aid Office Specialist, Ohlone College, Fremont CA November 2015 to present
Financial Aid Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAMarch 22, 2017
It is a wonderful envirmonment to work in. i have always enjoyed working with epople of many cultures to getting the job completed correctly. The only negative I have, is the fact that it does not supply me with the funds to start a family and my own life based on the income.
Pros
Working close with others, buillding strong relationshsips
Cons
Not enough funds to support a fmaily
Excellent experience
Tutor in an Introduction to C++ course (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAMarch 2, 2017
The professor was really supportive. I loved the environment. Schedule was flexible. While I taught students I was also learning a lot from the experience itself including communication skills and I could reflect my own knowledge management through teaching.
Tutored accounting students
Accounting Tutor (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJuly 14, 2016
I tutored accounting students who had a difficult understanding a concept. I learned how to explain concepts into simple and related terms for students.
Instructor was helpful
Member (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAApril 3, 2016
While working closely with the dean, I learned how to manage schedules, and address pressing issues within the college.
Good experience
BASEBALL STATISTICIAN (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAFebruary 7, 2016
It was a very tough school acade4mically but it got me ready for my future. A major downfall is that it is a commuter school.
Excellent Environment
Adjunct Social Sciences (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAJanuary 21, 2016
Ohlone staff and faculty are the most supportive, and helpful people I've ever encountered in the business world. I have had instant response from the management and/or faculty when I ask for advice. There are very employment enhancing enrichment classes throughout the school year. The two sites are new and easily accessible. The cafe's on both campuses have appetizing and delicious choices for food.
My one year internship experience at Ohlone College.
Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAOctober 10, 2015
Great place to work with supportive staff. The management was extremely supportive and was always willing to help. When I arrived I knew little about Purchasing and when my Internship was completed I had learned a lot during that one year. Afterwards I joined a temp agency and was hired to work for a fortune 100 company in their Purchasing Department.
Interesting workplace
Chemistry Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CASeptember 23, 2015
I prepared and made chemical solutions for students as well as assisted faculties in preparing major material in class. Additions, I have to learn how to labeled and updated chemical on record properly. Also, inventoried, shelved and organized chemical materials and kept materials in order were part of my duty job. Furthermore, I like to communicate with students and co-worker, so I can learn more from other people. Overall, I love to make the chemical and help out the students at my school.
Chemistry Lap
Chemical assistant (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAMay 4, 2015
I love to work with my job in chemistry lap. It make my personal more organize what I did and how it make chemical and communication with all the staff, student and other people asking quick question about in lap items.
camps
REC Leader (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 13, 2014
this was my old college we worked with kids who was learning the fundamentals of basketball we started at 8am and we ran games after the camp was over
Fun place to work
Athletics Event Management Internship (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJune 13, 2014
enjoyed my job. Worked with my fellow students and got to know the athletes on the other athletic teams
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no constant hours, seasonal job
Fun workplace
Mathematics Tutor (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJune 10, 2014
A typical workday consisted of helping students with math.
A great experience
Math & Speech Tutor (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJuly 2, 2013
Got to work with great students. A very happy and fulfilling experience.
Fun Day at Work
Instructional- Aide Student (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAMay 25, 2013
A typical day at work would be distribute tests to students. File student's folder, and be available for assisting a student in need.

I learned how to pick up phones, and be patient with people.

My co-workers are very friendly.

The hardest part of the job are the days when it is busy.

Enjoyable part about my job is everything. Peaceful environment, and being able to help people in need.