OHMSTEDE

OHMSTEDE Employer Reviews

My experience at Ohmstede
MACHINIST (Former Employee), Saint Gabriel, LANovember 11, 2014
A typical day at work for me, I would go in at about 5:00 am. I would review the work from the day before and see what needed to be done and when it needed to be done by and start work. I learned how heat exchangers worked. Management at Ohmstede was very organized. My co-workers were easy to work with. The hardest part of the job was rotating from days to nights. The most enjoyable part of the job was working nights.
fitter
Fitter (Former Employee), Saint Gabriel, LAOctober 29, 2014
This was not an enjoyable place to work. Management was horrible
Busy Heat Exchanger Manufacturer
Plant Mechanic/Millwright (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXAugust 21, 2014
Pros: great safety awareness, regular pay raises
Cons: lots of used dirty equipment being rebuilt
6 am to 2:30 pm first shift made for a short feeling day. Learned my first refinery related business with them. Management very employee and family involved. Diverse bunch of employees with various trades from machinists to welders, mechanics to tube pushers. Hardest part of the job was staying clean...although, you have to get dirty to get the work done. Enjoyable co-worker atmosphere.
Challenging environment
Vice President (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXJuly 23, 2014
Pros: lots of hands on
Cons: ceo had little visions
Led efforts at 5 plants for exspansion. Exspanded Houston facility with new office designs and buildouts. Designed new welding processes for automation, introduced new markets
Fast pace,plesent coworkers
Tool Room Operator (Former Employee), Laplace,LousianaFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: travel experience
Cons: short shutdown
Very professional,great experience of tool room operator,shipping and recieving of tools, loading n unloading equipment
cheap place to work. worst job ever
grinder, welder helper, boiler maker (Former Employee), La Porte, TXAugust 23, 2013
I was here almost a year and was told after 500 hours I would be hired on full time with benefits. when I left I had close to 3,000 hours in about eleven months with no raise.
Capable Business
Draftsman/Boilermaker/... (Current Employee), Corpus Christi, TXJuly 9, 2013
Pros: safety awards (free catered lunches, award money), strong hr department.
Cons: long hours on "turnarounds"
Ohmstede is capable of new fabrication and repair of Heat Exchangers and Pressure Vessels. A get it done team.
Awesome Place to work.
BOILERMAKER (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXApril 11, 2013
takes sheet metal, develops it (if you want to make a cone, or a square to round, or a lobster back ducting etc.), bends it, rolls it, and welds it together to make an item, ie: a tank, or a boiler,
It's an healthy work environment.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXJanuary 3, 2013
Your typical day at this job starts off with safety meetings. It's an on learning job to where your co-workers as well as upper management allow you the opportunity to advance to the next level. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting the job done effectively and safety.
Ohmstede
Timekeeper (Current Employee), Beaumont, TXNovember 22, 2012
I have learned alot in this position. There are long hours and alot of traveling but I have great co-workers that make it all worth it.

OHMSTEDE Photos