OHSU

OHSU Employer Reviews

Great place to work.
Medical Assistant Temp Hire (Former Employee), Portland, ORNovember 6, 2014
Pros: a lot of friendly people and smiles.
Cons: not to many breaks were given, you had to make your own time.
I got the job from a staffing agency. I was contracted out and my manager extended me to stay a little longer. At the end I thought it would turn into a temp to hire but I was later told the clinical manager wanted a Spanish speaking person. Other than that it was a great place to work.
Highly professional and friendly work environment.
Research Assistant I (Former Employee), Beaverton, OROctober 16, 2014
Peers and staff second to none. The administration department is lacking for various reasons.
OHSU does not require managers to treat employees with respect
Registered Nurse, BSN (Former Employee), Portland, OROctober 6, 2014
Pros: competitive wages
Cons: inequitable treatment by certain managers
OHSU does not require managers & HR to treat employees fairly or respectfully. There is a system to report problems, but it appears that they do not act on identified misconduct by managers.
Same as previous rating on OHSU
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Portland, OROctober 1, 2014
Same as previous rating on OHSU.  Providing excellent patient and family centered care to the patient populations of neurosurgery, neurology, and stroke including: subarachnoid hemorrhage, brain aneurysms, transphenodial resection, craniotomies, shunts, lumbar drains, herniated discs, encephalopathies, multiple sclerosis, myasthenia gravis, guillain-barre syndrome, auto-immune diseases, and seizure disorders including epilepsy monitoring.
Clinical Research Intern (Former Employee), Portland, ORSeptember 24, 2014
I loved working here, my job was terminated because the project I was working was finished.
Wonderful learning atmosphere, great doctors.
Panel Coordinator Internal Medicine (Former Employee), Portland, ORJune 24, 2014
Pros: ohsu
Cons: parking
Great place to work and be for employment
Great coworkers
Lots to learn
Patients were awesome and friendly
Having the hospital close for admits
Healthcare on a Hill
Lead - PAS Specialist (Current Employee), Portland, ORJune 19, 2014
Pros: convenience to medical facilities; aerial tram
Cons: parking
The campus is always growing which means that there is constant growth within any position. The growth also means that a lot of any position is giving campus directions to patients and visitors. Though the job duties are repetitive, each interaction, be it via phone or in person, is so unique, which keeps the day interesting. Co-workers also keep the day interesting because there are so many employees, which means that many different personalities to contend with. All in all, it is an interesting place to work.
hospital
Receptionist (Former Employee), portland oregonApril 25, 2014
Pros: always learnig something from others
Cons: the drive
very good lace to grow
educational upgrades
chances for advancement
continuing education
wish I had never left
Pleasant environment, but challenging due to the nature of my work.
RN (Current Employee), Portland, ORApril 1, 2014
Pros: close to home.
Cons: some politics but mostly a very cooperative team.
I worked with some skilled, friendly and dedicated people. We had a great team and the work was interesting, physicians and nurses along with ancillary staff were great to work with..
Get to deliver ivy fluids
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee), Portland, ORMarch 25, 2014
-Interact with nurses on the floor like ICU on what they needs
-Alot of walking from one side of the building to the next
Facilities Tech 1 (Former Employee), Portland, ORMarch 12, 2014
Pros: great bennifits
learned desktop support, wireless, HVAC, I worked with 10,000 other people, very enjoyable
Productive Work Environment
Office Specialist - Medical Records Specialist (Former Employee), Portland, OROctober 16, 2013
Pros: people
Cons: broken process
Great team members striving to accomplish goals set by management. Positive vibes in work environment pushing for success.
A lot of growth opprotunities
Executive Assistant Radiation Medicine (Former Employee), Portland, ORSeptember 5, 2013
Large campus, nice benefits, wonderful retirement, parking is not ideal.
Fun workplace with lots of learning opportunities
Summer Intern (Former Employee), Portland, ORAugust 15, 2013
CROET is indeed a place to learn and better oneself. I got the opportunity to work with wonderful scientists and their interns.
Center for Favoritisim and promoted Negative behaviors
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee), Portland, ORJuly 10, 2013
Arrive at work for a shift briefing. Began shift and dealt with out of control patients, staff, visitors and a meriade of other Chaotic things.

Management that I worked under showed favoritism and was generally sexist. Wrote one person up for one thing and let 8 others do it all day long.
i did not enjob my job.
cook dish washer (Former Employee), Portland, ORJuly 10, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: had to take the bus up the hill
I was hired for the cook job. Then they put me in the dish washing job it was to heavy and had to do it all by my self, then they lad me off.
Intern at OHSU pre op
Medical assistant Intern (Former Employee), Portland, ORJuly 9, 2013
Pros: location
Cons: intern
Learned a lot since I was an intern. Rooms patients, blood draws, EKG's, and injections.
Great place to work except for the management and logistics
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), PortlandJune 14, 2013
Pros: a teaching hospital where you will see unusual cases and a diverse patient population
Cons: fear based management makes communication and trust difficult, unsanitary, unsafe working conditions
The hospital is huge and sprawling so logistics are a nightmare. Assignments are acuity based, so you can find yourself scrambling to give good care. You are encouraged to gulp a "lunch " while responding to a page for help in another part of the hospital. Our department (in the basement ), featured a rat trap behind the refrigerator, and leaking overhead pipes that drip onto the floor, staff, and tables where we give report, eat, and conduct department business. Many talented and dedicated healthcare professionals work here though, and you get the chance to make a difference in patient's outcomes.
Decent
Pediatric Phlebotomy Lead- Doernbecher Lab (Current Employee), Portland, ORApril 10, 2013
Pros: patient/family oriented care, fast patient turn around
Cons: no flexibility with time off, unreasonable demands from management
I arrive at work and open the pediatric lab. This lab can see any where from 40-70 patients a day. It is staffed with only two people. I have learned many things about children and pediatric phlebotomy. There is little to no management of DCH lab. Co-workers heavily rely on eachother and are unable to take days off due to being severly short staffed consistantly. The hardest part of my job is watching my beloved patients pass away. The most enjoyable part of my job is watching our kiddos grow up.
Fast Paced Environment
Executive Support Supervisor, (Current Employee), Portland, ORMarch 30, 2013
Pros: challenging, never dull
Cons: really difficult to take a moment for myself in such a busy environment
Fast paced ever changing environment. Great leadership I am blessed to work with people who hold such great standards in integrity.