Oil States Energy Services Employee Reviews in United States

Good company to work for.
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cleburne, TXMarch 20, 2016
This company is a good company to work for. They care about their employees and the work/life/family balance. I was able to learn many things at this company and the best part of the job was the friends I made.
fun place to work
Tool Operator (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDNovember 9, 2015
go to the shop from 8 to unless your out on a job then you work 12+ hour shifts. I learned how to operate a forklift and an overhead crane
good place to work
Valve Technician, shop hand (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, PAOctober 17, 2015
good peopled to work with would recommend to anyone. all the tools you need to do your job and if you didn't, they would provide them asap
Only hard workers need apply
Field Service Supervisor 3 (Former Employee) –  Watsontown, PASeptember 14, 2015
Great place to work if you have what it takes. Long hours in any kind of weather. The company used to be a very lucrative place to work but now not so much.
Pros
Money
Cons
Time
productive work place
Thru Tubing Shop Personnel (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARAugust 23, 2015
good and knowledgeable management team always willing to train and grow employees in the fields, hardest thing about the job is working for less pay and the cut backs within the company
Pros
work hours
Cons
cut backs
Good
Tool Operator (Current Employee) –  Dickinson NDAugust 17, 2015
Hard work with a good group. Allows for growth within company.
This company would continue to grow with the oil industry.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Oil business is slowing down and pay is decreasing
Bad place to work
Field Supervisor 2 (Former Employee) –  Rock Springs, WYJuly 2, 2015
Oil States just looks at all of there employees as numbers. They are the most impersonal employer I have ever had. The co-workers were good. Management was the worst.
Pros
ok company some decent workers
Field Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Clearfield, PAJune 28, 2015
laid back guys overall a decent place. typical work environment decent management. i moved up quickly and every one there will teach you something if you ask just always be ready to work.
Fun workplace
Oil Field Worker (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDMay 26, 2015
Long days work great staff work with hardest part of the job is staying awake great pay
Great equipment to drive very laid back envoirment
Fun place to work.
Valve Tech/ High Pressure Tester (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LouisianaMay 20, 2015
I enjoyed learning how to take care of different kind of fishes. great work place to be. Co- workers are work friendly, and the hardest part was unloading trucks.
Pros
lunch
Cons
short lunch break
Counter Productive
Field Service Supervisor I (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXMay 8, 2015
Rest assured your manager will lie to a Company Man every chance he gets! But never compromise your integrity to cover for a liar! Hardest part is maintaining your integrity (don't become like them) stand for who you are in the end you will be alone but never compromised!
Pros
Doesnt matter if sacrifice and bust your tail in the end your a number!
Cons
Days off in 2014 were almost non existant had average of 2.69 days off per month in 2014
Good people to work with
Crane Operator Level 2 (Former Employee) –  Canonsburg, PAMay 5, 2015
Great company to work for. Great benefits and pay. It was one of those jobs that you looked forward to going to. Company truck that you could take home. Company credit card. Insurance for you and your family from day one.
Pros
Company truck, Full medical from day one
Cons
30 day rotation but 10 days off
great people to work with a boss who was a friend to all as well as very helpful at all times
Field Service Supervisor Level II (Former Employee) –  Watsontown, PAMay 5, 2015
Clean and load out pressure control packages making sure all equipment was intact, all tools needed for your job were loaded on trailer, always double checking everything, day in and out, being able to appreciate and work with your co-workers regardless of opinions, working things out to complete and finish each job, with customer satisfaction, and making sure that safety was always kept
first no matter the situation or job. Finishing a job well done was the best part of the job
Pros
great pay
Cons
long stays away from home
good people to work for
Field Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  canonsburg, pa.May 4, 2015
I performed multiple job titles ..I learned a lot about the gas and oil industry ,...some jobs are easy, some are not.as for management ,..I've seen 4 different managers in almost 5 years,...the later being the better.
Pros
great pay
Cons
up and down industry
Excellent Management
Field Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Watsontown, PAMay 2, 2015
Managed very well, great people to work with. Very customer oriented. Great work schedule for oil and gas. Great facility. Only downfall is managers retain no control of personnel during cuts. HR takes over the show and do not know the employees as the managers do. I would return in a heartbeat.
Pros
Company vehicles, fuel cards, credit cards, independence from imediate supervision
Cons
Stagequest, layoffs during downturn
Great Pay Poor Job Security
Oil Field Ball Launch Specialist (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYApril 17, 2015
'Laid Off from job after 3 months due to drop in oil prices. Everything else was great. Good management, Great Pay Honest work and room for advancement within the company
Straight foreward corporation
Flowback Hand (Current Employee) –  Paden City, WVApril 4, 2015
The day starts by completing a job safety assessment, and a safety / shift turnover meeting. Then depending on the stage we are on in the process, I have differing responsibilities: On drillouts a plug catcher, manifold, and frac tank have to be monitored and maintained; On flow backs a sand trap, manifold, separator, frac tank have to be monitored and maintained also returns have to be tracked; On sales jobs the contracting companies equipment is monitored and maintained also returns have to be tracked. At the end of the shift a report is completed and emailed to all relevant parties.
Pros
Good compensation, company vehicle, gas card
Cons
Unstable management, job security
I enjoyed the employees in the work place
Nondestructive testing Inspector (Former Employee) –  Shrevport, LAMarch 29, 2015
I tested fracking tools and equipment; this ensured safety of companies personnel who extract hydrocarbons from deep earth. I performed inspection on structures that were subject to tensile stresses, environmental cracking and erosion corrosion that have to withstand 15,000 psi. I searched for cracks/ weak points upon the structure being tested with multiple types of nondestructive test methods. Wet fluorescent magnetic particle was my favorite
Pros
good break time
Cons
diminishing pay
Excellent Mangement, Good Communication Skills With Employees
Field Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXMarch 18, 2015
Typical work day Maintain Equipment, Operate Equipment, Inspect all equipment to make sure its working correctly. I learned how to run different equipment to maintain a good workplace how to work with all types of people. Management was excellent was good with putting employees first. Hardest part of the job was learning how to determine if your putting to much pressure on well or not enough. Most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things working with all different types of people and working outside.
Collection calls, post payments, set up new customers, EDI, team leader
Accounts Receivable specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 15, 2015
Typical work day at OSES was to arrive and make collection calls. Once “follow up” calls were completed I would then make new calls. I would handle any invoices that were disputed or had issues. I was the EDI team leader so I made sure that all invoices were submitted in a timely manner and correctly. I would set up new EDI customers and attend training classes as needed. I would then train my coworkers on the programs. I would assist in month end close out, which typically took a week to complete the whole process.
Before Oil States Energy Services, we were Specialty Rental Tools and it was at that time that I had received majority of my knowledge and training. I was more involved with the whole AR department as through was only 2 employees in the department. After the merger of three companies, I was directed to focus more on collections, EDI and team leading.