Oil States International Employee Reviews

Good Place To work
Manual Machinist (Former Employee) –  HoustonFebruary 4, 2017
I was a manual machinist and really enjoyed working here for 20+ years. I enjoyed working with all people and management was very attentive.
fun place to work
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 3, 2017
I was very happy working there. The work wasn't very hard to handle. I enjoyed the people that I worked with. I sat and watched movies at my machine.
Great learning experience and good people to work with.
Field Service Technician III (Former Employee) –  Kilgore, TXJanuary 16, 2017
I learned a lot working here and the more I learned the more I was respected and treated very nicely, The hours kept me on the road a lot but the managers were lenient and understood that I had children so they tried to keep me close to home whenever possible, and if you needed time off it was given without question. Overall a great place to work and great people to work with.
Pros
Good pay great people
Cons
No schedule
Don't work here
Oklahoma (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 7, 2016
I had to leave this company because of people putting other people's life in danger by not doing their job correctly. Along with being under the influence of drugs while working.
Pros
They paid good
Cons
Safety
Cool place
Warehouseman II (Former Employee) –  Houma, LANovember 10, 2016
This company makes you feel like a family from day one. The warehouse is that department I work in. We stay busy and work makes you feel like you're really making a difference.
Cons
Technical Support Analyst \ Network Tech (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 27, 2016
Great IT management and wonderful place to work, I really enjoyed working with the users and the IT team. Benefits were great and upper management was fantastic.
very excellent place to work
level 3 Quality inspector (Former Employee) –  Kilgore, TXOctober 10, 2016
enjoy the time I spent working there. This is a very competitive place to work. would love to be employed there again one down
Excellent Culture
HSE Intern (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAOctober 6, 2016
Oil States is a very well managed company that understand that quality and safety are one in the same. Employees are encouraged to participate in every system to improve the company as a whole. I only interned there over the summer, but would very must enjoy a full time position there.
Management/HR
Employee (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 7, 2016
Overall upper Management has changed since the end of 2015 for the best, they are investing in the employees. HR has improved and communication is getting better. Pay could be better.
Pros
Invests in thier employees, Management has changed over for the better
Cons
Pay
Good Employees But POOR Management!!!
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LAJune 29, 2016
I seen first hand if your not part of the click then your just a NUMBER!!! They put procedures in place to be followed only when it benefits the managers!!! Asked several times for things to be changed, so I make the change to accommodate what equipment is needed and get canned for it. And the sad part is that I was not the only one doing it and management knew about it!!!
Pros
Good hard working Employees
Cons
MANAGEMENT and Employees not giving the recognition they deserve
Good culture, but low paying.
-- (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 11, 2016
For the most part this is a pretty great company to work for. They really do care about their employees (at least it seems as much) and they promote the family atmosphere. However, when it actually comes time to paying a competitive wage, they'd rather beat you out of it.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Cheap
pay scale and management
machinist (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 8, 2016
For what there looking for the pay scale is too low you might get $20hr to start but you won't be getting any raises .

The corporate office should really take a better look of how this company is run all the management in this facility are all school buddy's or close friends this management personal lack the ability to run any company . They always layoff all the wrong people which that is definitely in part of the buddy system they have it was like working with immature children!!
this place is poorly managed and will likely get closed down when corporate gets tired of losing more money on a facility that can't figure out how too run efficiently
Pros
guys running machines were fun to work with
Cons
This facility is poorly managed and they lie too you from the start
Poor place to work
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma CityMarch 24, 2016
Management only cares about them selves. You will get laid off at some point. Very poor communication. If thing are good they love you to death. When they are slow you get treated as if you are a bourdon to them . Lots of dead weight.
Pros
Clean
Cons
Back stabbing people. No raise in 2 years. HR is joke.
Great company with good management.
HR Administrator - HRIS (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 20, 2016
I enjoyed working for this company. Many of my coworkers became good friends. I felt like I contributed to the success of the company and that management cared about the employees. They provide a good work/life balance, and are willing to develop their employees to help them succeed.
Nothing good
operator-SLAVE (Former Employee) –  ndNovember 11, 2015
Area manager is a greedy f cking a hole doesnt care about anyone but himself and works you like dogs!!!!! nothing good to tell!!
Pros
Cons
Working there!!
The most enjoyable part of the job
Assistant Service Crane Technician (Former Employee) –  Houma, LANovember 4, 2015
I would have retired from their if it wasn't for the lay off. The benefits were awesome. I enjoyed what I did for a living. Working on cranes was like a dream come true. All I thought about was cranes.
Pros
Pay, benefits and doing something that I loved to do.
Cons
layoff
Great place to work for
HR Assistant/Production Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 2, 2015
Go in post any invoices from molding, answer any messages left from night shift, write work orders if any. Management not to good to work for needs better communication. Lots of over time love it. It shame that it went out of business.
Great Company!
Heat Treat Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 20, 2015
I currently hold a position as a Heat Treat Technician Lead! I work with welders in assisting Quality procedures. Perform Welder Audits, Perform Load Test, Stress Relieve piping and vessels. Assist Quality control with MT/PT/Hardness Testing! Prepare Reports using File Maker Pro, present safety topics to Management and crew for Awareness! etc.
Great Company
Various (Former Employee) –  VariousSeptember 26, 2015
Oil states is a great company to work for. The management team is outstanding, pay is excellent, and work environment is outstanding.
Pros
great management team, good pay, good benefits, good work environment
Cons
None, if you're willing to work hard
Great Company
Production (Current Employee) –  houston,txAugust 9, 2015
Great company to work for. Great benefits and co workers. Work and life balance is great. No complaints. Questionable job stability.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oil States International. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval