Local Gourmet food distributer is seeking experienced sales representative to represent product lines in the East Valley (Tempe, Chandler, Mesa, Gilbert) area.
This position is primarily responsible for selling products to retail and food service establishments by performing the following;
- Travels throughout assigned territory and various other areas to call on regular and prospective customers to sell current product line, solicit orders, or talk with customers by phone.
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from inquiries, referrals, newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
- Makes outbound calls to potential and existing customers by telephone and e-mail to sell products and services.
- Handles inbound sales lead calls to convert into sales.
- Develop and maintain customer relationships with purchasing contacts.
- Overcomes technical and business objections of prospective customers.
- Maintain weekly required call volume and visits.
- Displays or demonstrates product, using samples, and emphasizes salable features.
- Sell additional products and new product lines or new line extensions to current customer base.
- Establishes date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of company production and delivery schedules.
- Prepares daily and weekly reports of contacts and business transactions.
- Works with management to keep account activities and paperwork up to date.
- Works with other sales representatives to keep account information and sales literature up to date.
- Investigate and resolve customer problems with product and deliveries.
- Attend regular staff meetings.
- Display a high degree of professionalism, initiative and good judgment in both corporate office and field settings.
Qualified candidates will have minimum 3 years experience selling experience, at least 1+ year in the food industry.
Wholesale experience required.
Strong network with decision makers in the food industry to maintain existing customers, but also increase new customer base.
Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule.
Proven success in business development and new accounts.
Strong client relations/customer service background.
Be able to organize and prioritize effectively.
Experienced in use of personal computer and Microsoft Office programs.
Be able to communicate and coordinate effectively.
Food Handler License will be required.
Send resume with salary requirements.
Only candidates that best fit job description will be contacted.