Ojai Valley Inn and Spa Employee Reviews

Stressful
Pools Manager (Current Employee) –  Ojai, CASeptember 14, 2017
Extremely stressful and underpaying job. Absolutely no work life balance. You get 2 weeks vacation but can't ever use it. Health benefits are terrible.
It was Great
Banquets Server/ Hostess (Former Employee) –  Ojai, CA 93023September 6, 2017
i really enjoyed working as a banquets server, worked a lot of different events. Beautiful place to work!
Working at the fine dining restaurant was an experience of a life time.
Great company
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Ojai, CASeptember 2, 2017
Loved the Management team, very cohesive executive team, one for all, all for one. Great property in a awesome location, great potential for many more years to come.
Great people to work with
Reservation Agent (Current Employee) –  Ojai, CAAugust 24, 2017
Would recommend if someone wants to jump start a sales career. Best way to get experience since you get scored for your sales pitch whether it makes forbes standards or AAA
Pros
lunch is 2.50
Cons
shifts desired are hard to come by
A beautiful place to work
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ojai Valley, CAJuly 7, 2017
I take a lot of experience working for Ojai Valley Inn and Spa. I learned about three different job position. The work team make a big job all together in the Housekeeping Department, allways giving the best of us!!
Busy with a lot of pressure
PBX Operator (Current Employee) –  Ojai, CAJune 5, 2017
The job is stressful and keeps you busy. The associates are kind and fun to work with. The environment away from the guest is good. The AAA and Forbes standards are high and management places a lot of pressure on associates to complete them. But it's a good job to make connects that can lead to new opportunities within the inn and out of the inn.
Cons
short breaks, parking situation
Lots of Turn Over
Purchasing Department Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ojai, CAMay 4, 2017
The job they hire you for is often misrepresented. Be prepared to take on responsibilites that are not in the job description (i.e.: hired to work in the warehouse, but spend the day sorting through dumpsters).
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Trash
Beautiful work enviorment
Assistant Director of Engineering (Current Employee) –  Ojai, CAApril 15, 2017
An extremely challenging and satisfying resort to work at that is surrounded by a stunningly beautiful surrounding grounds. Parking can be a challenge at times thou.
Pros
Job satification and fellow associates
Cons
Some challenges can be quite daunting
Luxury at its' finest
Reservations/Spa Manager (Former Employee) –  Ojai, CAFebruary 26, 2017
Five Diamond resort in the heart of the Ojai Valley. Great place to work. Staff is very good at what they do and that includes the management team.
Caring environment, great clientele and management.
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Ojai, CAFebruary 1, 2017
I love working for the Ojai Valley Inn. They have treated me with respect and care and have been very understanding of my need for a life outside of work. The environment is very professional and a safe place to work.
The hardest part of the job is just the nature of my particular position as a massage therapist. It is extremely physical and I am expected to do 5 massages back to back with no break which can be exhausting and requires me to take very good care of my body to prevent injuries.
The most enjoyable part for me is getting to meet so many interesting and wonderful guests who come through our resort and to be able to offer them such great service. We care great care of our guests and I love being able to provide them with a luxury experience in a beautiful facility!
Its the closest I have ever come to working in paradise!
Pros
Low cost meals, flexible scheduling, great management
Cons
physically demanding, weekends required.
Over Worked and Over exhausted
Front Desk Agent and PBX (Current Employee) –  Ojai, CASeptember 21, 2016
short staffed, always "fixing" the schedule.
never finding replacements for when others call out.
always avoiding speaking with customers, telling us to inform them that they are in a meeting...
Rude to employees and always trying to find a way to mess with peoples hours and personal life agenda with the lack of updating schedule on said day.
Pros
Cheap Lunches
Guest Services Associate, Ojai Valley Inn & Spa
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Ojai, CAAugust 7, 2016
I enjoyed several aspects of this job: my co-workers, the feel of walking this beautiful property, the benefits, and about 90% of the guests.

I got to know most of my co-workers very well, at least the ones who worked up front. This is a HUGE property. There were so many employees on property that you may only know someone by their phone voice, without ever meeting them.

The hardest part of the position is that it can eat you up, if you let it. The guests are paying a lot of money to stay there and they expect, and deserve, to be given special treatment. You need to learn to listen to them so that you can effectively resolve their issues. After awhile you learn how to handle the situation properly so that you are not having to call the supervisor to step in.

Job advancement was one of the worst parts of the position. There really wasn't anywhere to go, unless you moved laterally on property.
Pros
Reduced price cafeteria, free uniform service, free golf and tennis
Cons
Not enough back-up from management
Very demanding a unappreciative culture.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Ojai, CAMarch 16, 2016
The Ojai Valley Inn and Spa is a 220 acre resort with a golf course, a world renowned Spa and dining options. The guests who populate the Resort are elitists snobs and are extremely difficult to please.
Joys of Hospitatity
Pool Attendant/ Food Runner/Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Ojai, CAOctober 24, 2015
Fun job to be at Always something to learn and grow into. Great management that works with you and tried their best to work around your life.Beautiful place, beautiful people beautiful and beautiful service.
Pros
Educational management, growth is up to you
Cons
Early lunchs with not the greatest food and having to compromise family time.
Amazing Company to be employed with
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ojai, CAJuly 18, 2014
Quality of Life was Amazing. 5 Star Resort. I was part of the Triple AAA Team that achieved our 5 Star Rating. Great Company to work for, Training, teamwork, commitment to excellence. A Celebrity Destination Resort.
Pros
Benefits and training
An amzing place to work with room for advancement
Bell Captain (Current Employee) –  Ojai, CAJune 19, 2014
Throughout my year working at the Ojai Valley Inn and Spa, I have seen my efforts and my hard work recognized. I've learned to work well with a team a team and because of my leadership qualities, I have excelled in all aspects of my resort. With a great management team behind me, I was able to work my way to the top and become a supervisor. The hardest part of the job is saying good-bye. I have loved working for this resort which has given me many tools necessary for my success. The most enjoyable part of this job would be the great employees you work with and the beautiful environment in which the Ojai Valley Inn and Spa is located.
Pros
Beautiful Property and room for advancement
Cons
Many changes property wide
Started out great but statred to get tireing
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  Ojai, CAMay 3, 2014
Worked for 11 years was a great enviroment at first but over years started to become restricting
Corrupt managment, No advancement opportunity, low pay
FINE DINING SERVER (Former Employee) –  OjaiJanuary 3, 2014
I initially started work here because it was recommended to me by a member of the uppermost management. I was treated badly by lowest management on first day, then barraged with false accusations of my work performance by upper management when I was still "in training." I was told positions are filled internally first, however when a promotion position was available it was kept secret to all eligible employees and filled suddenly by out of area managers.

Employees are micromanaged to the point of despise and asked to go above and beyond their duties for no reward. There is a complete disconnect between 90% of the employees and the 2nd+ tier management.
Pros
Learn 5 star service
Cons
management
amazing resort
Customer service (Former Employee) –  serverOctober 29, 2013
from management to the employees, lots of unity and great place to work.
Pros
great people, fun place.
Cons
unpredictable seasons
Excellent
Oak Grill Busser (Current Employee) –  Ojai, CAAugust 1, 2013
Working as a team to provide the best customer service. The most enjoyable part is talking and relating to customers.