OKLAHOMA BLOOD INSTITUTE

OKLAHOMA BLOOD INSTITUTE Employer Reviews

Great Pay & Benefits... if you like micro management
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: great pay & benefits
Cons: terrible management
Great sense of accomplishment on a daily basis and different challenges everyday. However, management will push you around A LOT!
Exciting and fun workplace!
Intern (Former Employee), Enid, OKJanuary 7, 2015
I enjoyed every minute of being there. While there, I rolled banners, t-shirts, made calls for upcoming drives, took calls, managed the front desk. I also made reminder calls. I met lots of new people and got to interact with management. I would go back in a heartbeat.
lab tech
Component Lab Technician (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKNovember 30, 2014
Pros: level of team work
Cons: sometime the volume that arrived with a short time to process
production of all blood born products. I learned the importance of our city blood product reserves. management was there to keep us up to date on all new procedures and methods. The co-workers worked as one unit. The hardest was to get the products processed in large numbers. the most enjoyable part was, the shift I worked on worked fast, clean and in tune with one another.
Call Center
Customer Service (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKNovember 30, 2014
Take calls all throughout the day. I learned a lot about the company and the sister company's and how things work such as, shipping, items on backorder, order cancellations, and return policies.
Dream Job
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Enid, OKNovember 10, 2014
Average Day: We loaded and unloaded a 10 ft. trailer 4 times a day, lifted heavy equipment (up to 75 lbs.), setup and tore down a "clinic" daily, operated three donor beds at once, took care of donor reactions, and I enjoyed every moment. The job was exhilarating and exhausting but it was rewarding knowing that everyday...I was saving a life.
rewarding and tough
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKNovember 10, 2014
this job was fun and very rewarding because you knew you were helping other people. but it was a very hard and stressful job as well. loved my co-workers
Saving Lives Every Day
Employee (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKOctober 28, 2014
Pros: very high quality standards, good pay, very rewarding
Cons: tough schedules and occasionally long hours
Very rewarding and challenging place to work (24/7 operations). We work hard...but, we are saving lives every day!! Great benefits, good pay, great experience and training in many different fields (phlebotomy, laboratory, data management, call center).
Not an appropriate environment
phlebotomist (Former Employee), Lawton, OKSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: too much inappropriateness and backstabbing
Backstabbing amongst management is the norm. If you are not part of the inappropriate job culture - telling jokes not suitable for work, giving people a hard time, you will be treated with hostility. There human resources department is a joke. If you report something, they don't care about the issue. they just want to tell the manager who exactly did it. Would NOT recommend working here!
fast paced,
Inventory Management Representative (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: having a job that helps save people's lives. being able to wear scrubs to work.
Cons: sometimes there was a lack of communication between the corporate office and the sub centers.
A typical day at Oklahoma Blood Institute would consist of filling out pre-trip inspection report for company vehicle, pull standing orders for blood products, scan blood products into computer, package them, deliver blood products to hospitals, pick up unprocessed blood from blood drives. Deliver unprocessed blood to processing lab in OKC, pick up processed blood products and check products in.
Rotate blood products. Pick up specimens for Reference lab.
up beat place to work
apheresis technician (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKAugust 11, 2014
Pros: meeting new people with every new blood dry.
Cons: schedule never consistant.
loved the donors and meeting new people.
was a great place to work. they care about their donors and making sure the product is safe for transfusion
my donors, patients made it fun.
Phlebotomist/Automated Apheresis Technician (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKFebruary 20, 2014
Cons: no communication
too many supervisors, for one department, no communication skills, everyone was afraid that one was doing more works than other. no team work from supervisors
Wonderful place to be, terrific employers.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: peaople, patients, saving lives
Cons: re-driected focus from what made company successful.
Wonderful mission statement, that was adhered to until new Director came aboard. Helping others became second, and meeting financial goals became first. I was dissapointed to leave, however the morale became so low it was not difficult.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 27, 2014
A day at this job is taking incoming calls from customers and helping customers with every need
Awesome place to work
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Oklahoma CityDecember 30, 2013
Smaller company, got laid off. Cool place with regular raises. Ended up working with them for 2 years!
VERY DEMANDING JOB
Component Lab Tech & In Center Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKOctober 28, 2013
Pros: good benefits, did not have worry about buying my scrubs
Cons: work enviroment sucks
WHILE WORKING AT OBI, I ENJOYED KNOWING THAT WHAT I DID EVERYDAY WOULD MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN SOMEONE LIFE. HOWEVER, THE MANAGEMENT AND THE OFFICE POLITICS THAT WERE INVOLVED OFTEN TIMES MADE THE JOB LESS DESIRABLE. MANY TIMES PEOPLE WERE PROMOTED BASED ON WHO LIKED THEM AND NOT ON THEIR JOB PERFORMANCE. MANY TIMES, THERE WERE PEOPLE WHO WERE PROMOTED WHO DEFINITELY SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN PROMOTED. BASICALLY, IF YOU KISS THE RIGHT BUTT, YOU WOULD DEFINITELY GO UP THE LADDER.
Productive and a great asset to the community
Component Tech II (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 23, 2013
I learned how the blood gets from a donor to where it needs to be. Co-workers are great and are willing to get to know people from different departments.
Great place to begin career in blood banking
Laboratory Technician - Nucleic Acid Testing (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 11, 2013
I loved working here if their values could be taught to other blood banks in the USA it would be great
Fun but repetitive
Contact Center Specialist (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJune 30, 2013
Management and supervisors are such positive people and they really show they care about you and will help you with whatever you need! Great role models.
Fun atmosphere
Phlebotomist/Trainer (Former Employee), Olahoma City, OklahomaJune 17, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: travel
Very good experience.. Not alot of Management opputunities. But a great first job.
Good place to work when first starting out.
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OklahomaMay 21, 2013
Difficult to stay awake since it was an overnight shift job.