Oklahoma Blood Institute Employee Reviews

Not the place for me personally
Quality Control Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 6, 2018
I do not like to bad mouth my places of employment and I will not, it was just not a good place for me and I would not recommend that any of my friends or family work there.
There was not much opportunity to advance
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 29, 2017
Very relaxed atmosphere with little to no advancement in the office available. Spent all day doing data entry but mid week would start to run out of work. Attempted to assist accounts payable but not much work to be shared.
Pros
Nice lunch room that was clean
Cons
no advancement opportunity
Terrible
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  OKC, OKDecember 19, 2017
Not compensated for the amount of work you perform. Would not recommend this job to anyone. Management does not care about your advancement. Every man for himself . Very messy due to the woman to man ratio.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Pay, management
Pruductive and a fun place to work. everyone very friendly
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  901 n lincoln ave. Okla.city oklaDecember 12, 2017
Whole staff very friendly. Respectable, treats everyone the same.Hr.is never to buisy to try & help with anything. There doors are honestly always open to anyone.
Pros
Awsome place to work. Off on weekends & holidays. Supvr. Did not mind helping you if needed.
Cons
No caferteria. Vendind machines to high
A great cause and self rewarding occupation.
Oklahoma Blood Institute Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 2, 2017
A great place overall to work for minus some upper level direction that was misguiding leadership with false accusations over entire floor personal due to myself not agreeing to be involved with a director and my husband and I discussed the situation and both agreed that leaving and reporting the situation was best not only for our marriage but for the company as well. The director was verified to have sexually harassed several women and ultimately was terminated. Overall, a great place to work for with a great cause.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Extremely long hours on salary pay
they dont care about their employees, overworked under payed.
Inventory management representative II (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 26, 2017
They ask for people to give themselves to the company but they are not willing to support their employees.
They dont suppy handfree driving equipment for their employees.
Pros
I hate to say but no Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Amazing place to work
Mobile Phlebotomist/ Training Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ada, OKNovember 20, 2017
I loved working for Oklahoma Blood Institute. I wish I would have never left. I was there for 5 years and learned more than I would have anywhere else. The staff is second to none, and the donors are wonderful.
Cons
Long hours, no set days off
working at obi was great
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 8, 2017
i started my career as a phlebotomist at the oklahoma blood institute. the training is in depth and necessary for anyone looking for a career in phlebotomy.
Worked a blood drive
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKOctober 31, 2017
It was a well balanced job. I organized t-shirts according to sizes and handed them out to the donors during their recovery time. I enjoyed organizing and making sure the donors were pleased.
Productive, exciting workplace.
Production Supervisor II (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKSeptember 28, 2017
Love the connection between patient stories and donors who want to help! The work environment is a lovely caring space. It's a great place to grow as an individual.
Cons
Short lunches
Poor Management
Account Consultant (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKSeptember 22, 2017
Management doesn't help train employees to make sure they are able to do their job in the proper way. Long hours. High expectations without support to achieve those expectations.
Overall great place to work
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Enid, OKSeptember 12, 2017
I have a young child and the hours do not correspond with day care hours. It seems like I'm working all day and have no personal life after work. I love it but would not recommend if you are a single parent.
Pros
Drive time
Cons
Short breaks and standing on your feet all day, hours are crazy
very busy and unpredictable
MOBILE PHLEBOTOMIST TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 3, 2017
I enjoyed the job. It was hard to have a life outside of work the hours varied everyday. it just became too hard on me as a single mother some of the management could use some improvement and there was an issue with favoritism.
Pros
worked with fun crew and overtime was nice
Cons
the hours, the traveling, never knowing when you would be home
The best blood bank out there.
Mobile Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Ada, OKSeptember 3, 2017
OBI had incredible staff and managers.
they took great care of their donors and providing the safest blood possible to patients. The hours are awful. Sometimes you're scheduled to work 8-10 hours and it ends up being 12-17. They DO warn you about this in your interview process.
Pros
Staff, purpose, room to advance, great insurance.
Cons
Entirely too long and strenuous of a work day for the pay.
Very very busy and stressful
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 29, 2017
While working at OBI I learned how to draw blood, input personal information into the computer program. OBI is a very busy business and high stress. The people you meet working there are the best.
I loved working for them
Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  11301 Partnership Dr, Oklahoma City, OK 73131August 17, 2017
Home life was challenging due to the hours. Over all we stayed very busy and always had exciting challenges to achieve with each new day. Knowing your saving lives is also a great way to end your day.
Delivery Driver
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKAugust 8, 2017
This job had its faults because of the random schedule and not able to work around my daily medical needs. The other employees were nice to work with and was glad to be helping supply blood to surrounding hospitals.
Very Friendly
Administrative Office Assistant Intern, Make (Current Employee) –  Enid, OKJuly 20, 2017
I love this place and what they do for the people who need their help. They are saving lives. I started volunteering there to help with the blood drives and I just fell in love with their purpose.
Pros
Sometimes free food, or tickets to the OKC Zoo
Ups and downs
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 19, 2017
Crazy yet interesting. Hard to move up. Odd hours which is expected for type of work. Made many friends. Hard on employee and their families. The family has to be very supportive
Reality check time
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  OKC, OKJune 19, 2017
Well over 10 years employed here everyone happy until age and illness catches up with you. Must keep up with the pack or bye-bye just be aware. Great job while in college then don't get old and ill.
Pros
very few lay offs
Cons
Don't plan on being here if not 100% healthy always.