Oklahoma Blood Institute Employee Reviews

Business with a major community impact
Blood Program Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 20, 2017
Being able to work daily to help save the lives of thousands of people is a huge benefit to working here. The atmosphere of service takes priority and you know everyday that what you do matters.
fun place to work
Appointment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 3, 2017
everyone there was so nice and always willing to help no matter what I loved being able to help save lives it was a faced pace environment but that made the time fly by
Pros
co workers were amazing
Productive and fun
Mobile Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 17, 2017
This is wonderful place to work. Great learning experience for anyone wanting to go into the phlebotomy field. It's mostly hands on training with a little bit of class and book work.
Productive fun place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 22, 2017
Teaches you a lot. How to run a three ring. How to know when a donor is having a reaction and what to do. Friendly staff Team work Long hours
Fun place to work
Phlebotomist Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma County, OKJanuary 11, 2017
Great place to work. Nice people. You work with different people everyday and get to travel all over the state. You save lives
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No breaks, long hours
Example: Productive and fun workplace with ping pong tableAmazing Organization
Employee (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 9, 2017
OBI is an organization filled with many amazing people. It is a place people look forward to going to work. Would suggest it to anyone who wants a job with a purpose.
Awful place to work!!
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXNovember 26, 2016
This company is a joke!!! Work you like a slave,promise raises and never follow thru. The management is awful. The left hand doesn't know what the right is doing. And the women you work with are the biggest drama mama's ever!! Do not waste your time applying!!!
Pros
Cons
Everything!
Run away
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 15, 2016
No raises or bonuses, management don't care about you or the thousands of daily issues and drama and nobody is happy there.
Pros
Cons
No raises and terrible management
Productive and fun environment
Component Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 15, 2016
I loved the fact that I learned something new everyday, Knowing that I'm helping someone in a life or death situation. Also, having great co workers to work along with.
Pros
Not micromanaged
Cons
Blood spills
fun at times but very stressful place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OK 73501April 9, 2016
This company stands for a good cause but the way that the company treat their employees is ridiculous. The company has a very high turn over rate. some days are good days but the majority days are very stressful. You work a lot of hours and every weekend. If your schedule says that you are to get off at 5, you may not get off til 7. Your off time always changes.The management there is very petty, also they do not keep matters confidential. The co-workers, there are about a handful that are really cool and easy to work with. The rest of the co-workers are annoying and will tell anything that they see. The hardest part of the job is the physical part of it and dealing with unprofessional management. You can make a decent salary but their is a lot of negative things you have to put up with. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to meet a lot of new people and know that your helping save lives.
Pros
saving lives
Cons
unprofessional management, working pass your off time, alot of physical work
Run away from
Desktop Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 12, 2016
This company is not a good company to work for. They will over work you and belittle you. This attitude goes all the way up through management. I wished i would have known how horrible of a place this was or i would have never worked her and saved my self esteem and years of therapy. If you want to find out what it's like to work here go hang out in a high school boys locker room.
Pros
Cons
No respect or integrity in higher ups and management.
No advancement
Inventory Representative (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 6, 2016
A few nice people. Just like any other small place management gossip with regular staff. If you a driver you will be on call. Not good if you like to rest.
Pros
Have snacks
Cons
Benefits not that great
I love where I work
Component Tech 2 (Current Employee) –  OKC, OKFebruary 26, 2016
So far I've been here for almost 3 months and I love it. They train you on everything you need to know to be able to perform your job safely. Everyone is more and willing to help with any questions or problems you may have and I love my boss. She is always making sure that if there is a problem she will do her best to solve it for you asap. As for all of the departments that I have been in contact with everyone is always nice and I couldn't have hoped for a better work place.
Pros
My co-workers and bosses are awesome
Cons
Construction is still going on inside the building
excellent place of employment
SUPERVISOR AND PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 21, 2016
The Oklahoma blood institute is a great place to work and there is lot of room to advance and gain knowledge. I would advise others to go to work for them.
Just an Intern, but fascinating work
Intern (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 7, 2016
I came in early and looked around the different departments. It had great people that care and believe in what they do. There is so much more to it than donating blood.
Easy place to learn, bad management.
Accessioning Technician I (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 4, 2016
Great things to learn and great experience for the medical field. Management is not so great, hardly ever takes care of issues, unfair treatment towards other employees and unfair decisions. No advancement in the company.
Pros
Activities
Cons
Bad management/supervisors/team leaders
Warning to rn's
Apheresis Nurse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 16, 2015
This is a high risk job to RN. They work you 24+ hours sometimes to the point it is unsafe. Patient safety is at risk. Never can get away from the job. Expect unrealistic things from nurses. Want you to falsify information and commit fraud. RN BEWARE and BE CAREFUL!!
Pros
NONE
Cons
MANY mostly safety issues. Treat nurse VERY DISRESPECTFULLY!
Fun if you like to travel
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 16, 2015
I typical day was getting up in the wee hours of night, getting to work, loading a truck with equipment and supplies and drive all over the state of Oklahoma for a blood drive. Meet intersting people all over and sometimes we had fun on our trips.
Pros
travel
Cons
travel
I love my job
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 11, 2015
I love working for this company. I have a great boss, wonderful co-workers, and I get to meet new people and help save lives everyday
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
nothing
Great Employees
Mobile Apheresis Technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 29, 2015
The employees made job and the environment fun no matter what location we were at doing a blood drive. The hardest part about the job was the long hours. The easiest part was drawing blood.
Pros
Plenty of overtime hours
Cons
No breaks nor lunches, no set schedules

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oklahoma Blood Institute. Our community is ready to answer.

Oklahoma Blood Institute Reviews by Location