OKLAHOMA CITY COMMUNITY COLLEGE

OKLAHOMA CITY COMMUNITY COLLEGE Employer Reviews

excellent place to work while going to school
Sports Attendant (Former Employee), oklahoma cityJune 9, 2014
excellent staff. great people. laid back environment. hard working staff
Work while I went to school
Peer Adviser (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 27, 2014
Pros: it was a friendly environment.
Cons: 0
Working at OCCC was a blast. I was able to save gas by working at the school. My boss was fantastic and my peers were amazing. I grew to be so close to the people I worked with in Academic Advising. They all will be missed.
Great School for the Program
Full Time Student (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 8, 2014
Pros: great people, great staff and faculity, great programs
Cons: just not enough to get everything done in short 16 weeks classes or even in 8 weeks classes
Great School for the Program that I majored in. I have no other like this school in offering the courses and cirrculum. Have enjoyed the 2 1/2 years I have been going.
Assistant to the Executive Vice President (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 24, 2014
I would have never had left this position, but it was only part-time. I enjoyed working in an educational environment. I met interesting public leaders and enjoyed my time there.
fun place to work
Instructional Designer (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 2, 2014
a fun place to work, they care about their students and employees.
Very Comfortable
STEP Graphic Designer (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: solitude, relaxed, fulfilling
Cons: temporary position, part time only
I had my own desk, no competition, and plenty of time to work on each project. Sadly, there were times when I would be waiting for management to approve my work, but it was never a problem for me. All my clients were in the same building, so if there was something I needed to talk about, I could take a few minutes to go find them. The co-workers were – more... nice and I never had to worry about harassment or workplace drama.
The bad bit that I can't be a full time worker and I can only work here as a student. Also, as a student part time worker, I don't many benefits. – less
productive and fun environment
Engineering (Current Employee), okc okJanuary 27, 2014
good school to attend to further my education in engineering industry.
Faculty and Administration are the only employees of any importance.
Division Assistant (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKOctober 10, 2013
Pros: free gym and pool
Cons: everything else
Staff members are continuously undervalued and ignored. The HR office is run by a bunch of lawyers and MBAs (no one with an HR educational background). The Employee Relations office is nothing but a lawyer hired to make sure the school doesn't get sued. Staff complaints are overlooked and/or hushed. Staff are never included in decision making and have – more... not been allowed to form an association as the faculty have. Sexual harassment and workplace bullying are common and allowed. I wouldn't recommend working here unless you are taking a full-time faculty position or an exempt admin position. – less
I loved my job
Writing Tutor (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKAugust 21, 2013
Pros: flexible schedules, great co workers, amazing bosses
Cons: low pay
The Communications Lab of OCCC was a brilliant place to work. I loved that job. Unfortunately, I was never going to make more than $8.50 an hour. However, as far as working through college is concerned, I couldn't have asked for a better team, boss, or environment. It was the bees knees.
Meeting new students and co-workers
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKAugust 7, 2013
Pros: nice new building
Typical day was to sort through and distribute mail, I filed invoices that came in mail as well. Reorganized filing system, answer phones when receptionist went on break.
The management was very pleasant to work with and knowledgeable about the College.
The hardest part was reorganizing the filing system because they had JUST moved into the new building.
I – more... had a lot of fun at the job because of the women that worked there they were nice. – less
Wonderful Organization To Be a Part Of
YWCA Our Sister's Closet - Retail Clerk (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 26, 2013
Pros: flexible
Cons: short term
I love working for this company! Their mission is to help battered women and children. I love helping those in need. The entire staff is compassionate and fun to work with.
friendly work place
Peer Advisor (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 19, 2013
It is a great experience. Employees are cooperative and eager to work hard.
Prodouctive workplace that had interaction with many people
Recreation and Fitness Secretary (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJune 28, 2013
I learned many things in this position and thank all who helped to teach me. I worked with the public, the other college staff, and also students. I learned new software, fine tuned applications that I had previously learned, and applied the new skills daily. My management was wonderful and had an open door policy. I learned a lot from each of the managers – more... who were in the heirarchy of the college. The hardest part of the job was not being able to fit each person who called to enroll in a class into the ones that they wanted becaue they were full. The most enjoyable part was interacting with everyone and the sense of accomplishment each day. – less
Student-driven, yet well balanced culture
Professional Development Assistant (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 28, 2013
I have thoroughly enjoyed working at OCCC. With an enjoyable and hard-working staff, it is a culture driven by student and community success. Everyone knows they are on the same team, so collaboration is the norm rather than the exception.
Assisted Veteran's with College benefit paperwork and class advisement.
Veteran's Education Counselor/ Representative (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 22, 2013
Pros: helping veteran's
Cons: helping veteran's
Medium pace position assisting veteran's with filing proper documents with Veteran's Department so veteran could go to school. Also assisted the veteran's in choosing the correct classes that fit within their degree plan.
Great place to be an adjunct
Web Page Design Instructor (Current Employee), oklahoma cityApril 18, 2013
I currently work under Randy in the graphic communications department and feel it's a very constructive atmosphere.
Very active work place.
Sports Attendant (Former Employee), oklahoma city oklahomaMarch 25, 2013
Pros: hours, would fit great with school schedule, always active.
Cons: n/a
Probably one of the best jobs for a student in college to ever have. Worked with people everyday, trained kids for specific sports. I enjoyed so much that i still keep in contact with every kid I trained and coached. Co-workers were great. Always willing to help.
Warm and Inventing place to work
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: parties, ability to eat and drink in the lab. different conversations
Cons: there are none
Working in the Oklahoma City Community College/Communication lab was like being at home. The work environment is very relaxed, and the co-workers are very friendly. If I could work there again I would.
Fun and Productive place to work
Assistant Mathematics Lab (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 12, 2013
Pros: great working environment
Cons: low pay
Overall the working hours were great for class schedules
It was a joy assisting and working with the entire faculty, staff, and student body.
Management was great they had an open door policy and they let us do our job and assisted when needed.
Coworkers were awesome we were one big family in our department
Downtime between assigned tasks
Working with – more... the people – less
Great High School and College Job
Water Safety Instructor and Life Guard (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKOctober 1, 2012
Pros: great place to work
Cons: limited hours
I loved working there. Everyone there is great. The mamagement is great. They have a very nice facility and try to keep it that way. You should expect to work hard but be happy. The worest part of the job was taking out the trash after swim meets. No one likes Trash juice.