Oklahoma City Community College Employee Reviews

Working at OCCC
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 10, 2017
I enjoy working with the students and witness their success. There is very little job growth containing with my degree as Social Studies. Since I am a part-time instructor, there is little interaction with the other staff.
Pros
working with the students
Cons
little job growth
Fun
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 22, 2017
the work environment was very calm EASY TO WORK WITH. HAD ROOM FOR GROWTH. It was easy to relate to employees and owners of company. nice place to work I would return if they asked me
Faamily like team
FACILITIES ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  OKC, OKMarch 10, 2017
Everyone works well together and is willing to assist in times of need. The work load is reasonable and training is always available for those looking to expand their skill sets.
Productive work place. I got to learn while teaching others.
French Tutor (Former Employee) –  OKC, OKFebruary 16, 2017
It was one of the best job I've very had. Being a French tutor was awesome because I got to learn while teaching other students. It was a fantastic experience
Pros
Free lunch
busy and good
enrollment planning guide (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 4, 2017
always busy
meet a alot of people
good diversity
alot of responsibility
make schedules
answer phone calls
always fun and awesome
Not very safe work environment
Maintenance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 28, 2017
From the coworkers to the supervisors, I felt very uncomfortable. Vulgar talk and a discouraging work environment is an every day occurrence at OCCC's maintenance department.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Everything else sucks
Occc
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 19, 2017
Great place to learn and get hands-on experience. Very fast pace because i took the accelerated course and did a fantastic job doing it. 3 days a week with lunch and lab days.
Pros
Fast pace
Cons
Excellent Place to see students grow
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 15, 2016
I enjoy watching students grow. Admin is very supportive and flexible. I enjoy the professional development opportunities that they provide and how they grow their own employees.
Pros
The students
Cons
the travel to campus
Great College to work for
AV Technician for Information Technology (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 29, 2016
Great leadership in Information Technology division.
Great environment throughout the campus.
Very flexible with school and outside commitments.
Excellent campus
English Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 21, 2016
Such a great, diverse community college. So many opportunities for faculty and students to take in trying to achieve their goals of success.
Overall good experience
Engineering Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 20, 2016
As far a the teaching position goes, it's pretty good. Fair pay, good feedback from supervisor, and autonomy. However, OCCC has an exceptionally poor HR department, even for a large government institution. They took over a month to get me my first paycheck. Others have had to wait months to be hired even after all departmental and individual requirements have been fulfilled.
It was part-time
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 25, 2016
This was a part-time position which I took while teaching full-time at Belle Isle Middle School. It was enjoyable, but only part-time and the pay was mediocre.
Pros
Good working conditions
Cons
Pay!
Decent
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 13, 2016
with all the budget cuts the job is decent at best the culture here is kinda off putting but if you really need a job I would not recommend occc because the hiring process is extremely long.
The office is excellent and a positive work environment.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  OklahomFebruary 16, 2016
The education, benefits, shows, and the staff are excellent and very rewarding. This is a positive work environment. Excellent insurance and very supportive team work environment.
Pros
excellent work environment
Cons
state budget cuts
Helping students receeive a college education
Mathematics and Physics Professor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 23, 2015
The most thing I liked, was to counsel Engineering student on how to be prepared, while attending school, on attaining their goals in life.
Pros
Helping students
Cons
Not much pay and no benifits
Rigorous applications of fundamental biological themed knowledge
Biology Tutor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 4, 2015
The Biology Tutor assists students with their lecture and lab material during scheduled hours in the Science Center.

During times scheduled in the Science Center:

A. Assist and answer students’ questions concerning lecture material.
B. Assist students in individual lab exercises.

Understand, obey, and enforce all safety and health regulations applicable in a science laboratory. This will include, but not be limited to, State and Federal regulations concerning hazardous chemicals, infectious organisms, and blood borne pathogens.

Operate, maintain, adjust and explain the use of equipment used in the Science Center.

Effectively interact and communicate with students, faculty and staff while performing duties.

Fulfill student and institutional needs by maintaining a flexible work schedule assigned by the Science Center Supervisor.

Participate in required training.
Pros
Interactive and beneficial for current students
Cons
NA
Great student experience.
Student Temporary Employment Program (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 31, 2015
I really liked working at Oklahoma City Community College. I feel like I did something meaningful with my time by helping students.
Okay
Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 30, 2015
Good place to work with great benefits. The biggest downside is the lack of opportunity and almost zero pay raises. The best part of the job is the amount of vacation.
School
Currently unemployed student (Current Employee) –  OKC OKOctober 18, 2015
GOOD COMMUNITY COLLEGE. I have been taking classes off an on since 2007. Great teachers and tutoring available. A very smart choice.
Graduation Clerk
Records & Graduation Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 8, 2015
This job required a lot of responsibility and independent work. It was my favorite job because I enjoy holding responsibility and feeling that the work I do is valued and important. I enjoyed the atmosphere and working with students. I worked as a graduation and records clerk. It was often fast paced and busy with lines of students bringing in their high school transcripts and other necessary documents to enroll in courses.
Pros
responsibility, working independently, always stayed busy
Cons
many students resulting in conflict

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oklahoma City Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3