Oklahoma City Community College

Oklahoma City Community College Employee Reviews

Loved job/managment was like being in HS again
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 12, 2015
Pros: Students, mentoring
Cons: management
All they need to do is let one person go to turn the place around

it was an amazing learning experience both for career and life, I loved the actual job and helping students better themselves but if your not in with the "popular kids" they will run you off.
Good people...do not have good strategy
DECISION SUPPORT ANALYST / CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 26, 2015
Pros: Cant get fired
Cons: No business understanding.
This college is ran by the instructors. The administration is poorly prepared for strategic development. They are run by people with PHDs that have very poor business sense.
Community friendly
Administrative Assistant to the VP for HR (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 20, 2015
Pros: Promotes from within, supports higher education by offering tuition waivers and reimbursement, cares about the students and making education better for them.
Cons: Short staff due to budget cuts
It's a good place to work, family friendly and work life balance is a goal. The typical day cannot be planned, it is a very fast paced environment and being organized is essential to success in this support position.
Going To College
Student (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: getting to meet my teachers and fellow students
Cons: not being able to finish some work on time (pro, being given an extension)
College was my job for almost two years. After receiving my GED, I jumped at the chance to also attend the same school that I got my diploma at. A typical day would be a week of classes, making sure I showed up to attend the meetings and doing the in-class/out-class homework and tests.
Great Community College
Music Professor, Rock Ensemble' Director/Developer (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 1, 2015
Excellent workplace, great atmosphere and wonderful co-workers. OCCC is a modern, safe, well organized and dynamic school where students and workers are committed on excellence.
Love it
Social Sciences Division Assistant (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 23, 2015
I have great co workers, great benefits and an overall great environment. The time off for holidays is amazing as well. They take care of their employees.
Excellent college in every aspect
Professor (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKDecember 28, 2014
Pros: everyhting
Taught five courses per semester. Taught day and night classes. I learned how to work as a team. I learned to manage the program. Co workers were excellent people. Very knowledgeable and sincere. Hardest part of the job was teaching night classes until 9:30 pm. the most enjoyable part was teaching the students and watching them learn..
OCCC Recreation & Fitness Department
Sport & Recreation Specialist (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OklahomaDecember 19, 2014
I've enjoyed working for Oklahoma City Community College for the past 11 years. I manage and supervise student intramural activities, both youth and adult year around sports leagues, I oversee the wellness center and all student staff. I enjoy meeting new people each semester and I love dealing with children and parents during sports leagues and summer camps. I work hard to develop and implement health and wellness activities for wellness center members year round. I have a great relationship with other departments who assist and support the recreation area of the college.
Meeting New People
Records Clerk (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKNovember 19, 2014
great place to work always met new people and loved helping the student and faculty
Great place to work with benefits and health such as the exercise room and swimming pool.
Financial Aid Receptionist (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKOctober 8, 2014
Pros: fun games and silent auctions for fund raising
Cons: cannot really think of anything.
i have enjoyed the years in which I have worked for Oklahoma City Commuity College. I hope to have many more years.
Busy
Human Resources Benefits Assistant (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJune 16, 2014
Pros: lots of interaction with people
Cons: too quiet
This is a lovely plac eto work. All employees are pleasurable and helpful. the benefits suggest that the employer cares about employee advancements and retaining talent.
excellent place to work while going to school
Sports Attendant (Former Employee), oklahoma cityJune 9, 2014
excellent staff. great people. laid back environment. hard working staff
Work while I went to school
Peer Adviser (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 27, 2014
Pros: it was a friendly environment.
Cons: 0
Working at OCCC was a blast. I was able to save gas by working at the school. My boss was fantastic and my peers were amazing. I grew to be so close to the people I worked with in Academic Advising. They all will be missed.
Great School for the Program
Full Time Student (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 8, 2014
Pros: great people, great staff and faculity, great programs
Cons: just not enough to get everything done in short 16 weeks classes or even in 8 weeks classes
Great School for the Program that I majored in. I have no other like this school in offering the courses and cirrculum. Have enjoyed the 2 1/2 years I have been going.
Assistant to the Executive Vice President (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 24, 2014
I would have never had left this position, but it was only part-time. I enjoyed working in an educational environment. I met interesting public leaders and enjoyed my time there.
fun place to work
Instructional Designer (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 2, 2014
a fun place to work, they care about their students and employees.
Very Comfortable
STEP Graphic Designer (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: solitude, relaxed, fulfilling
Cons: temporary position, part time only
I had my own desk, no competition, and plenty of time to work on each project. Sadly, there were times when I would be waiting for management to approve my work, but it was never a problem for me. All my clients were in the same building, so if there was something I needed to talk about, I could take a few minutes to go find them. The co-workers were nice and I never had to worry about harassment or workplace drama.
The bad bit that I can't be a full time worker and I can only work here as a student. Also, as a student part time worker, I don't many benefits.
productive and fun environment
Engineering (Current Employee), okc okJanuary 27, 2014
good school to attend to further my education in engineering industry.
Faculty and Administration are the only employees of any importance.
Division Assistant (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKOctober 10, 2013
Pros: free gym and pool
Cons: everything else
Staff members are continuously undervalued and ignored. The HR office is run by a bunch of lawyers and MBAs (no one with an HR educational background). The Employee Relations office is nothing but a lawyer hired to make sure the school doesn't get sued. Staff complaints are overlooked and/or hushed. Staff are never included in decision making and have not been allowed to form an association as the faculty have. Sexual harassment and workplace bullying are common and allowed. I wouldn't recommend working here unless you are taking a full-time faculty position or an exempt admin position.
I loved my job
Writing Tutor (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKAugust 21, 2013
Pros: flexible schedules, great co workers, amazing bosses
Cons: low pay
The Communications Lab of OCCC was a brilliant place to work. I loved that job. Unfortunately, I was never going to make more than $8.50 an hour. However, as far as working through college is concerned, I couldn't have asked for a better team, boss, or environment. It was the bees knees.

Oklahoma City Community College Salaries