Oklahoma City Community College Employee Reviews in United States

It was part-time
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 25, 2016
This was a part-time position which I took while teaching full-time at Belle Isle Middle School. It was enjoyable, but only part-time and the pay was mediocre.
Pros
Good working conditions
Cons
Pay!
The office is excellent and a positive work environment.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  OklahomFebruary 16, 2016
The education, benefits, shows, and the staff are excellent and very rewarding. This is a positive work environment. Excellent insurance and very supportive team work environment.
Pros
excellent work environment
Cons
state budget cuts
Helping students receeive a college education
Mathematics and Physics Professor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 23, 2015
The most thing I liked, was to counsel Engineering student on how to be prepared, while attending school, on attaining their goals in life.
Pros
Helping students
Cons
Not much pay and no benifits
Rigorous applications of fundamental biological themed knowledge
Biology Tutor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 4, 2015
The Biology Tutor assists students with their lecture and lab material during scheduled hours in the Science Center.

During times scheduled in the Science Center:

A. Assist and answer students’ questions concerning lecture material.
B. Assist students in individual lab exercises.

Understand, obey, and enforce all safety and health regulations applicable in a science laboratory. This will include, but not be limited to, State and Federal regulations concerning hazardous chemicals, infectious organisms, and blood borne pathogens.

Operate, maintain, adjust and explain the use of equipment used in the Science Center.

Effectively interact and communicate with students, faculty and staff while performing duties.

Fulfill student and institutional needs by maintaining a flexible work schedule assigned by the Science Center Supervisor.

Participate in required training.
Pros
Interactive and beneficial for current students
Cons
NA
Great student experience.
Student Temporary Employment Program (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 31, 2015
I really liked working at Oklahoma City Community College. I feel like I did something meaningful with my time by helping students.
Okay
Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 30, 2015
Good place to work with great benefits. The biggest downside is the lack of opportunity and almost zero pay raises. The best part of the job is the amount of vacation.
School
Currently unemployed student (Current Employee) –  OKC OKOctober 18, 2015
GOOD COMMUNITY COLLEGE. I have been taking classes off an on since 2007. Great teachers and tutoring available. A very smart choice.
Graduation Clerk
Records & Graduation Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 8, 2015
This job required a lot of responsibility and independent work. It was my favorite job because I enjoy holding responsibility and feeling that the work I do is valued and important. I enjoyed the atmosphere and working with students. I worked as a graduation and records clerk. It was often fast paced and busy with lines of students bringing in their high school transcripts and other necessary documents to enroll in courses.
Pros
responsibility, working independently, always stayed busy
Cons
many students resulting in conflict
Was a full time student while maintaining a full time job as well.
student (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 20, 2015
Went to classes to pursue a degree in Physical Therapy. Enjoyed learning but it was difficult to maintain a full time job and full time employment.
school not work
R.N. Student (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 2, 2015
OCCC was the RN school that I went to. It was considered clinical working hours.

The school was good, but there was some things about clinicals that I didn't care for, such as it the day could be very slow on a unit, and there wouldn't be any tasks for the RN to assign the students. But I imagine that would happen at most schools.
Easy going enviroment.
Editing Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 10, 2015
Being a student worker at OCCC differs from department to department. I was in the Film and Video Production (FVP) department. The head of the department is a little kooky and at times a little unreasonable, but overall he cares about both his students and his employees. It's hard to define a typical day, as they can range from lax and boring to fast paced and stressful, depending on what time of the year it is. The biggest perk about working in the film department at OCCC is that when your work is done, you can fiddle around with equipment or editing software to learn as much as you can.
Pros
Access to equipment and software.
Cons
Tempermental Supervisor
productive and a wonderful place to work
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  oklahoma cityJuly 8, 2015
The whole setting was a great experience for me, I learned a lot I really had fun, i would recommend OCCC for any one who is willing to learn.
Pros
meeting new peole
Cons
i cannot think of any
My Favorite!
Design Specialist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 18, 2015
Oklahoma City Community College is the best place to work. The staff is amazing, the cafeteria ladies are extremely sweet and the Campus Police/Safety Team are great. Great place for Tornado Safety, Wonderful benefits and great environment.
Loved job/managment was like being in HS again
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 12, 2015
All they need to do is let one person go to turn the place around

it was an amazing learning experience both for career and life, I loved the actual job and helping students better themselves but if your not in with the "popular kids" they will run you off.
Pros
Students, mentoring
Cons
management
Good people...do not have good strategy
DECISION SUPPORT ANALYST / CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 26, 2015
This college is ran by the instructors. The administration is poorly prepared for strategic development. They are run by people with PHDs that have very poor business sense.
Pros
Cant get fired
Cons
No business understanding.
Community friendly
Administrative Assistant to the VP for HR (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 20, 2015
It's a good place to work, family friendly and work life balance is a goal. The typical day cannot be planned, it is a very fast paced environment and being organized is essential to success in this support position.
Pros
Promotes from within, supports higher education by offering tuition waivers and reimbursement, cares about the students and making education better for them.
Cons
Short staff due to budget cuts
Going To College
Student (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 3, 2015
College was my job for almost two years. After receiving my GED, I jumped at the chance to also attend the same school that I got my diploma at. A typical day would be a week of classes, making sure I showed up to attend the meetings and doing the in-class/out-class homework and tests.
Pros
getting to meet my teachers and fellow students
Cons
not being able to finish some work on time (pro, being given an extension)
Great Community College
Music Professor, Rock Ensemble' Director/Developer (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 1, 2015
Excellent workplace, great atmosphere and wonderful co-workers. OCCC is a modern, safe, well organized and dynamic school where students and workers are committed on excellence.
Love it
Social Sciences Division Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 23, 2015
I have great co workers, great benefits and an overall great environment. The time off for holidays is amazing as well. They take care of their employees.
Excellent college in every aspect
Professor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 28, 2014
Taught five courses per semester. Taught day and night classes. I learned how to work as a team. I learned to manage the program. Co workers were excellent people. Very knowledgeable and sincere. Hardest part of the job was teaching night classes until 9:30 pm. the most enjoyable part was teaching the students and watching them learn..
Pros
everyhting

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oklahoma City Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3