OKLAHOMA CITY PUBLIC SCHOOLS Employee Reviews

Okc
Special Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 15, 2017
Overall it was a great learning experience for both professional and personal career experience. I learned from my students and coworkers weekly and the parents were always willing to help.
Pros
professionalism
Cons
support
Very good work place great hours
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 13, 2017
I enjoyed working for Oklahoma City public schools. Great hours , benefits , and time off. I loved working at the school I worked at because I love working around children .
Good benefits, fun work environment, good colleagues
Special Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 11, 2017
I enjoyed my 27 years of teaching at OKCPS; had wonderful colleagues and the students were great; a special place to be; all around. The materials were short, but had to engage creative juices to deliver instruction, which I enjoyed.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Shortage of instructional materials
Okcps
Traveling Elementary Art Teacher (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 5, 2017
I felt the stability of OKCPS was very volatile. The security was also unstable and they were very inconsistent with their policies and procedures. They did not always think of children first!
ok
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK 73108August 29, 2017
Work over 10 plus years off and on ok place to work, Must just be determine to do job the kids mostly are a plus.If need be I would go back to work there.
Hard work, very low pay!
Special Education Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 25, 2017
Hard work for the paraprofessional! The children have not learned the basics of right and wrong and kindness from home!!! Very low pay! But yet I used to love my job! But now they have trouble keeping us! The teachers are leaving as fast as they can hire them!!
Good place to work.
Principal's Secretary (Former Employee) –  Stonegate Elem/West NIchols ElemAugust 15, 2017
I begin working in the public school system in Oklahoma City Public Schools. I learned a lot and enjoyed my jobs I had there. I worked for great principals and with wonderful staff members. I only left OCPS to take a job that was better pay, closer to home and had the same calendar as my children.
Pros
Good job with great people.
Cons
Not great pay or offices.
Its ok
Data Coordinator-CNS (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 25, 2017
I liked my job, but management is terrible all the way to the top. The hours are good and days off, however don't expect to keep your earned leave time because they force you to take it when school is out so you don't get to choose when you want your vacation.
Pros
Work days/hours
Good place to practice
2nd Grade Teacher (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 6, 2017
Been in this district for 2 years and now I can tell now I teach much better than before. Sometimes the teaching life is tough but most of the time I enjoyed it.
rewarding, pay not adequate
RN (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK 73111June 24, 2017
Working in the schools was very rewarding. I absolutely loved the kids. As an RN this job was very difficult to stay seated in one spot for 8 hours a day. Pay was not worth the hours.
Pros
helping and loving on underprivledged children
Cons
hour, pay, lack of complexity in nursing practice
Its fun overall i learn how to cook more healthier and quick meals overall.
Oklahoma city (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma city ne 36 and walkerJune 16, 2017
It couldbe better if they hire people who can read the menu and understand instead of them depending on you to tell them what to do.theyneed to hirepeople who can read and understAnd the menus
Pros
Feeding kids makeing sure they are provided with a heAlthy meal
Cons
Short breaks, and the manger wants you to explain to the workers what to be done when she needs to do that
Learning how to with four year olds
Pre-K Teacher (Former Employee) –  United StatesMay 20, 2017
I received hand-on experience with children from broken homes, along working with parents in teaching them about early Childhood development parenting skills. As a Oklahoma licensed Foster parents. I will work with this place children who are we wards of the state of Oklahoma by providing them with a saafe with a carrying home while parents that themselves together.
Pros
I was very good and what I'd be working with children and fast.
Cons
I hated the key is that was in the success story but I did my best.
Educational Institution with a fun and growing environment with assisting youth in everyday skills and life.
Teacher Assistants (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 20, 2017
A typical day as an assistant can began with assisting students off the bus, routine cafeteria duty in the morning, walking assigned students to their classroom, and starting the days work. In the classroom my daily duties consist of assisting the teacher in classroom lectures, and helping students one on one. My out of the classroom duties consist of cafeteria duties for lunch, chaperoned restroom breaks, and assisting students on the bus for after school pick up.

The most enjoyable part of the day is knowing that I'm a positive influence to the growth and development of the students.
Pay is not equal to requirement for job.
PE Teacher/ Coach (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 15, 2017
Working for OKCPS is a difficult job. Working with the kids is great. Lack of resources and horrible salary scale make it a difficult job for anyone to be totally successful or be able to provide for yourself little lone a family.
educator
Classroom Teacher (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 9, 2017
The administration office had high turnover which left some people falling through the cracks. This made it a little difficult for the administration team to follow through the needs of the teachers.
enjoy interacting with people
Security Scanner (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 5, 2017
Check in students vender or parents Clean well managed. Enjoy interacting with public Games , Graduation ,Band ,Learning enviroment Office Staff Teachers Guests.Learned being cheerful and patiet helps myself as well as others
Pros
health insurance
Cons
need better pay
Crooked upper management
Professional Development Dept. (Former Employee) –  OKCPSApril 26, 2017
If you think you want to work in the PD department THINK AGAIN! This is NOT about helping students or teachers its about personal gain and agendas!
RUN AWAY!!!
Pros
students
Cons
adults in management
Fun and Productive work environment
Bilingual Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 30, 2017
I love working with all the children from the OKCPS district. OKCPS has given me many opportunities which includes continuing my education. A typical day at work would be arriving to my classroom grading any paperwork necessary. Next, pulling children in groups to work on bettering their education. My workplace is very diverse. The thing I enjoy the most is being able to see the children grow both physically and educationally.
Pros
vacation, helping students get an education and being able to help them
Cons
The pay is not the best, but the students and vacations compensate it
Lots of work
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 16, 2017
Due to the budget deficits in the state of Oklahoma, I am currently doing the job of 5 people. They RIF'd 4 positions and those duties had to go somewhere but all of them in my building fell on the counseling department. I don't feel that I am able to do my job adequately or fairly.
Pros
Love working with our future
Cons
Not enough support nor pay
Buen ambiente de trabajo.
Profesora bilingüe ESL. (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City. Oklahoma. EEUU.March 9, 2017
Trabajo valorado y buen ambiente entre compañeros.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OKLAHOMA CITY PUBLIC SCHOOLS. Our community is ready to answer.

OKLAHOMA CITY PUBLIC SCHOOLS Reviews by Location