Oklahoma City University

Oklahoma City University United States Employee Reviews

Ececutive Chef/Assistant general Manager
Executive Chef (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: appreciative client, knowledgable staff
Cons: relocation from previous account
 Monitored budget and food cost percentages averaging 31%
 Monitored production activities through FMS (Food Management System) and through daily production with staff
 Directly responsible for educating and training staff
 Scheduling of foodservice staff
 Accountable for the recording of received invoices
 Management of ADP payroll
 Generating, costing, and monitoring of production of high end catering menus
 Purchasing
 Directly responsible for a good relationship with clients through customer service
 Coordinating and participating in the daily activities involving the account
 Performance appraisals
 Quality Assurance
 Ensures that all HACCP and local sanitation codes are followed and recorded
 Overall directly responsible for all foodservice activities
good college
Work Study Technician (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: well equipped class rooms
Cons: too expensive
combinations of college life with everything else... Good place to learn and to make new friends!!!
Low salaries and poor benefits, poor response from facilities when repairs are needed.
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: christmas break with pay for 10 working days each year.
Cons: no incentives, salaries were cut 2 years in a row, insurance company changes nearly every year with less benefits.
There are some very good people who work here but decision-makers are greatly lacking. Staff and faculty have not had raises in years. Budget cuts are a given almost every year. Salaries are not competitive and remain the same for long periods of time.
Productive and enjoyable work place excellent management in Police Department.
Office Manager for Police Department (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKDecember 15, 2014
Pros: happy work environment with all employees, family atmosphere
Cons: shift work, long hours
The OCU Police Department handled all emergency calls on campus and surrounding areas. My position covered all responsibilities of the running of department including keeping calendar of events of for all functions that required are assistance. All PO's to vendors that were used by our department. I also was the contact person for students with issues pertaining to ticket violations or parking permits and helping students with any problems or questions in regards to security issues. I also maintained all statistics that are required by the federal government in regards to Clery Act.
Our department was very close and we all considered ourselves as extended family, with the support of our Chief and Asst. Chief we were very much supported in our day to day endeavors.
The hardest part of job was dealing with angry parents in regards to tickets or reports filed in regards to their children attending school.
The most enjoyable aspect of my duties was taking care of all the financial obligations our office incurred..
Not enough pay
Secretary (Former Employee), Oklahoma CitySeptember 28, 2014
Pros: slow days
Cons: low wages, no recognition of efforts, too much gossip and drama.
all of the high officials are leaving due to the lack of money and not enough compensation. Look somewhere else unless you don't care about being underpaid.
my experience at OCU
Receptionist, Student Health & Disability (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKAugust 20, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, especially summer hours
Cons: slow times
I appreciate this opportunity I had at OCU, first clinical/clerical job opportunity after leaving school. I under budget situations, however, I don't appreciate the way I was lay off.
No Upward Mobility
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 14, 2014
Boomer Book company is owned by Nebraska Book company. Due to conflicts with the store manager I was being help back from fully partaking in the company's benefits.I left this job because my achievements were not being recognized.
Librarian/Office Aide
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 9, 2014
Participated in packaging textbooks for students of various scholarships
Assisted with office tasks such as answering phones and assisting visitors
Rewading workplace
Business Office Assistant (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJune 2, 2014
I learned many valuable skills from accounts receivable & accounts payable to accounting software.
Terrible Management
Staff member (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKDecember 20, 2013
Staff are treated like second class citizens. The turnover rate for staff is TERRIBLE and that is due to very poor management. Most of the executives don't know what they are doing. Financially OCU is a mess. Pay reductions across the board two times in the last 5 years. Raises came but only to the original pay before the reductions. Stay away!
OCU
Financial Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKOctober 13, 2013
Pros: educational benefits for staff and dependents
Cons: small institution with little room for advancement
I enjoyed working at OCU. The people are friendly and easy to work with. Lots of family friendly events. Decent pay, but not a lot of room for advancement.

Left because I wanted the experience of working at a larger institution
Great community, struggles with salary compensation
Untitled position (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 14, 2013
Pros: free sporting events
Cons: long work weeks, not enough monetary compensation
Due to budget cuts and restraints, most staff have not seen a bonus or pay raise in the past 6 years.

If you are lucky enough to not NEED the additional income, the family like atmosphere and social and cultural benefits are outstanding.
I truly love working in higher education.
Law Library Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 15, 2013
Administration of Law Library; great place to work and great co-workers and management that truly cares.
Exciting academic environment, enriching, and diverse
Assistant to the President (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 9, 2013
Pros: excellent working environment, strong employee support, community involvment, paid time off
A typical day at work would be keeping the calendar for management, correspondence, maintaining budget, event planning, organizing board meetings and taking minutes, helping students, managing work study participants, ordering supplies, and answering phones. Management is wonderful to work for. They are respectful and everyone works as a team. Coworkers are happy and all seem to enjoy thier jobs. The hardest part of my job is getting through the many holiday events during the winter semester as well as graduation. The most enjoyable part of my job is spending time with people who are excited about learning and embrace the tradition of scholarship.
Great University to work or further your education.
Head Women's Golf Coach (Former Employee), Oklahoma City UniversitySeptember 12, 2012
Enjoyed working with fun and energetic people in the athletic department.
Nice place to work overall
Student Professional Writer (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJune 22, 2012
Friendly environment. Had a very nice supervisor who made my position very easy to work in.
Very active place with simultaneous tasks being done at hand
Ensemble Librarian - Federal Work Study (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 14, 2012
Work Study Job for college. A typical day is very spontaneous, you really dont know what you're going to be doing. But our every day functions include set-up and strike of ensemble rehearsals.