Oklahoma City University Employee Reviews

Accounting/Student Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 8, 2016
Enjoyed my time at Oklahoma City University. While only there a short time, it left a positive experience and I am grateful for the opportunity to work there.
Nice place to work and learn to advance your career
Assistant Communications & Outreach (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 31, 2016
Very nice coworkers.
Awesome supervisor.
The facilities are great and convenient.
The system is a bit conservative.
The environment is warm and friendly.
good place
Full-time MLA Student (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 23, 2016
pro place to learn a lot of international student,

good environment to study, a lot of internship

the most enjoyable part group study
Pros
non
Cons
non
Loved my job
Clinical Nursing Instructor (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 22, 2015
I loved working with students. I felt I was making a difference. My co-workers were very supportive while I was working towards my degree. The hardest part was that at times we all worked in overload and felt we did not even have time to take a breath and then for "fun" we would be asked to do something else.
Working to change lives
Assistant Coach (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 14, 2015
Fun competitive place to work, it was not about the out come of the games , but more about the development of the players as athlete and members of society.
Really nice work place
Office Assistant, Faculty Support (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 30, 2015
it was a really nice professional work space where everyone knew their duties. excellent break room facilities. Basically we had a lot of time for our selves. personal space was really respected. Learned about mailing procedures. Hardest part of the job was staying awake in slow days.
Positive work atmosphere
Help desk, tech support (Former Employee) –  Campus TechnologyAugust 3, 2015
A typical day at work starts by reviewing call tickets and start going over the queue to handle clients' needs. the working team make sure to provide excellent customer service to the campus community by answering 50 calls and onsite help requests per week.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
low benefits
Music Organization, Filing, Archiving
Ensemble Recording Specialist/Librarian (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 13, 2015
Day consisted of recording events suchas recitals, guest recitals, master classes. Archiving the recorded material was also a duty and making it available to the artist. Organizing choral music was also a duty and providing the music for the choir directors.
Pros
Exposure to different musical artists.
Executive Chef, Sodexo Campus Services (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 2, 2015
had a good experience working for Sodexo. Very busy and lots of catering. I would recommend this company to others. Management was great
Ececutive Chef/Assistant general Manager
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 7, 2015
 Monitored budget and food cost percentages averaging 31%
 Monitored production activities through FMS (Food Management System) and through daily production with staff
 Directly responsible for educating and training staff
 Scheduling of foodservice staff
 Accountable for the recording of received invoices
 Management of ADP payroll
 Generating, costing, and monitoring of production of high end catering menus
 Purchasing
 Directly responsible for a good relationship with clients through customer service
 Coordinating and participating in the daily activities involving the account
 Performance appraisals
 Quality Assurance
 Ensures that all HACCP and local sanitation codes are followed and recorded
 Overall directly responsible for all foodservice activities
Pros
Appreciative client, knowledgable staff
Cons
relocation from previous account
good college
Work Study Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 26, 2015
combinations of college life with everything else... Good place to learn and to make new friends!!!
Pros
well equipped class rooms
Cons
too expensive
Low salaries and poor benefits, poor response from facilities when repairs are needed.
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 12, 2015
There are some very good people who work here but decision-makers are greatly lacking. Staff and faculty have not had raises in years. Budget cuts are a given almost every year. Salaries are not competitive and remain the same for long periods of time.
Pros
Christmas break with pay for 10 working days each year.
Cons
No incentives, salaries were cut 2 years in a row, insurance company changes nearly every year with less benefits.
Productive and enjoyable work place excellent management in Police Department.
Office Manager for Police Department (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 15, 2014
The OCU Police Department handled all emergency calls on campus and surrounding areas. My position covered all responsibilities of the running of department including keeping calendar of events of for all functions that required are assistance. All PO's to vendors that were used by our department. I also was the contact person for students with issues pertaining to ticket violations or parking permits and helping students with any problems or questions in regards to security issues. I also maintained all statistics that are required by the federal government in regards to Clery Act.
Our department was very close and we all considered ourselves as extended family, with the support of our Chief and Asst. Chief we were very much supported in our day to day endeavors.
The hardest part of job was dealing with angry parents in regards to tickets or reports filed in regards to their children attending school.
The most enjoyable aspect of my duties was taking care of all the financial obligations our office incurred..
Pros
Happy work environment with all employees, family atmosphere
Cons
Shift work, long hours
Not enough pay
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma CitySeptember 28, 2014
all of the high officials are leaving due to the lack of money and not enough compensation. Look somewhere else unless you don't care about being underpaid.
Pros
Slow days
Cons
low wages, no recognition of efforts, too much gossip and drama.
my experience at OCU
Receptionist, Student Health & Disability (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 20, 2014
I appreciate this opportunity I had at OCU, first clinical/clerical job opportunity after leaving school. I under budget situations, however, I don't appreciate the way I was lay off.
Pros
flexible hours, especially summer hours
Cons
slow times
No Upward Mobility
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 14, 2014
Boomer Book company is owned by Nebraska Book company. Due to conflicts with the store manager I was being help back from fully partaking in the company's benefits.I left this job because my achievements were not being recognized.
Librarian/Office Aide
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 9, 2014
Participated in packaging textbooks for students of various scholarships
Assisted with office tasks such as answering phones and assisting visitors
Rewading workplace
Business Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 2, 2014
I learned many valuable skills from accounts receivable & accounts payable to accounting software.
Terrible Management
Staff member (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 20, 2013
Staff are treated like second class citizens. The turnover rate for staff is TERRIBLE and that is due to very poor management. Most of the executives don't know what they are doing. Financially OCU is a mess. Pay reductions across the board two times in the last 5 years. Raises came but only to the original pay before the reductions. Stay away!
Ocu
Financial Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 13, 2013
I enjoyed working at OCU. The people are friendly and easy to work with. Lots of family friendly events. Decent pay, but not a lot of room for advancement.

Left because I wanted the experience of working at a larger institution
Pros
Educational benefits for staff and dependents
Cons
Small institution with little room for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oklahoma City University. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9