OKLAHOMA COUNTY Employee Reviews

Relaxed
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 20, 2017
I enjoyed working here. The atmosphere is relaxed. Although, a few times can be stressful but overall its a good place. A great starter workplace to gain experience.
Oklahoma county
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 17, 2017
Great place to work if you can find a position that doesn't have a high turnover rate. It's an amazing place to meet people. Know whose who of Oklahoma. I miss that place. Recommend to anyone.
Pros
Same paycheck. learning. Paid days sick and vacation. Great benefits that cost.
Cons
Helpdesk is a serious position. The turnover rate is very high. Everyone is replaceable.
Bad place in general
Detention Officer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 16, 2017
It is not a safe place for employees or the inmates. It is very dirty, nasty, and dangerous place to work. They building is always flooding and it is sinking.
You get what you pay for...
DETENTION OFFICER (Former Employee) –  5905 N Classen Ct.January 23, 2017
The pay differential between a little-as-possible staff member and a bust-your-butt worker is pennies on the dollar. There are many opportunities for advancement, it just won't pay enough to be worth it. The challenges and duties can be rewarding, and many of the staff and supervisors are awesome people!
Pros
Many of the staff are hard working, professional, and supportive.
Cons
Too much CYA and passing the buck. Not enough accounability.
Great place for benefits, retirement and depending on your career goals great place to learn.
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma County -District YardsDecember 15, 2016
Oklahoma County is operated by 8 elected officials. Therefore, the different offices and departments are managed per the elected official. The Highway yards have some of the best hours to work, M-F, except for the times bad weather comes through, they are the first on the ground to keep the unincorporated roads clear and safe for the the citizens of Oklahoma County. When overtime is needed to care for the roads, "comp-time" is accrued for the employees. The benefit package and retirement package for Oklahoma County employees is one of the best as far as government or private industry can offer. Most enjoyable part of working for Oklahoma County would be the fact of knowing you are serving the citizens of Oklahoma County in the aspect of your assigned position. Come in and do your job that you are paid to do and its up to the individual to make it a great career or just another job.
Pros
Work Days and Work Hours/Holidays/Benefits
Cons
Its Government
Productive and most friendly invironment.
Deputy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 16, 2016
Decent place to work, co workers aren't bad to get a long with, just do what your told and nothing bad will ever come about what you're doing. Have to have patience with customers or people in general that do not know how real estate works.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
No over time
County laborer/operator (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 12, 2016
Had no problems at Oklahoma County, is a good place good people I had a good time performed tasks well they made work fun in my eyes a job is a job it's what I had to do.
Stressful environment.
Detention Officer II (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 16, 2016
Is a busy job during weekdays. I'm not gonna sugar coat it, is a bad place to work for. No lunch breaks. They don't train you. A lot of disrespect among staff members. You work 12 hour shifts. If you work nights you'll probably be stuck working by yourself. Overtime starts after working 60 hours. You get paid once a month. They don't provide enough work uniforms. Buy all your gear before you even get paid. A lot of favoritism, no promotions or raises. We need you. Good luck!
Pros
Free jail food.
Cons
No lunch breaks.
Typical Government Job
Lead Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 30, 2015
Fairly typical government job. Pay is fair to poor. Training abounds for IT workers due to lack of pay. Office politics is more prevalent due to the number of elected officials under one roof. Good opportunities to learn technology one would not normally access in the private sector unless one had years of experience.
Productive workplace and friendly employees
Cashier/ Deputy Court Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 2, 2015
Working here is comparable to working with family. The work in repetitive and there is lots of work to get done in a single day. However, when the workload gets hectic, you can always count on your fellow co-workers to lend a helping hand. Department heads and supervisors are great.
Got familiar with Oklahoma County work and obligations
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OklahomaMay 3, 2015
Had fun working at the County, excellent group of people, with excellent moral and team work, started a lot of analysis and budgeting processes that made a lot of accountability of entities doing business with the County.
Silent but made it a fun atmosphere
Child Welfare Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 23, 2015
I enjoyed working with my co workers and they enjoyed me as well. The hardest part of my job was dealing with all of my clients needs and wants and balancing my personal life with my work life.