As a Loan Officer, your work is what drives our business! You will be responsible for all phases of the loan cycle. This will include initial member contacts, face-to-face meetings at your office, analysis and processing of applications and collections duties. You will also represent the face of Oklahoma Educators Credit Union to our members, so you must present a professional appearance and demeanor at all times. Your specific duties as a Loan Officer will include:
- Building solid relationships with members as well as employees.
- Successfully promoting our products to our members.
- Generating leads via cold calling and follow-up calls to current and past members.
- Handling the entire loan processing cycle; gaining experience evaluating loan applications, performing risk analysis and underwriting, making credit recommendations, and administering loan closings.
- Filling in at other local OECU branches as needed.
As a Loan Officer, you must be a self-starter who is energetic, competitive and driven to succeed. You must also have a high degree of accountability, willingness to learn and the desire to build a long-term career. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to quickly establish rapport and credibility with members. Specific qualifications for the Loan Officer position include:
- Bachelor degree (preferred) or high school diploma or equivalent related experience.
- Proven math, organizational, cash handling and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to pass pre-employment credit and criminal background checks.
- Willingness to work during hours of operation.
- Leadership experience in college activities or in work background, a plus.
- Customer service experience required.
Indeed - 8 months ago