Oklahoma Educators Credit Union

Oklahoma Educators Credit Union Employer Reviews

Think twice before applying
Former employee (Former Employee), OKCMarch 15, 2013
Poor management, micro managed, pay not competitive, Benefits are good, good work/life balance. Sometimes hostile work environment
Poor management
Retired (Former Employee), OklahomaMarch 13, 2013
Pros: benefits are ok and fair priced
Cons: no work life balance, micromanaged. poor technology, unhappy environment
There is potential but the upper management and President don't try different strategies. Bad environment, strict rules, zero fun. Low technology. Pay is low to fair. No training so employees fail. The amount of people that have quit or fired is a bunch. The health benefits are ok, even though I have barely used them. Not a bad price for them.

Chele – March 15, 2013

I must agree with what Retired employee said.

Great Opportunity!
Branch Manager (Current Employee), Midwest CityMarch 8, 2013
Overall, I have been very pleased with my career at OECU. I enjoy working for a company that is large enough to offer competative wages and benefits, yet it's small enough that it feels like a family all the way from the President to the part-time tellers.

OECU prefers to promote from within and has given me the opportunity to quickly advance. The – more... management team is very helpful and always open to hear comments, concerns, or complaints.

I would say that when working for OECU, one should be self-motivated and eager to learn. The opportunities for learning and advancement are endless and readily available to anyone who shows the willingness to learn. – less
Feels like family
Branch Manager (Current Employee), Oklahoma CityMarch 1, 2013
Pros: decent pay, friendly coworkers and members, not profit driven
Cons: family health insurance is pricey but individual isn't bad
I read what a couple of reviewers have said about the credit union and I know you will always get more negative reviews than positive reviews on any product or service but I think what was written was really unfair. I started almost a decade ago and I'm still here so it must not be that bad. They hired me without any experience and gave me a chance – more... based solely on my friendly demeanor. I immediately learned the difference between working for a "for profit" business and a "not for profit" group. They paid me as much as they could without taking away from the members to do so. The people that I've worked with (employees and members) have been like family. When i was going to school they bent over backwards to accomodate my schedule and even when I left briefly to try something new, they gladly took me back when I found out the grass wasn't at all greener. Management does the best it can to make everyone happy but there have been changes lately which some people can't handle. But for those who want to get in on the ground level of a new project, the changes are exciting. I know most of my new hires really seem to like their jobs so I think that's a good test of the environment. – less

Chele – March 15, 2013

If management tries to make staff happy then why so much turnover, its NOT due to CHANGE. Its due to unexperienced MANAGEMENT. Treats staff like children. Needs to update technology!! A little scary on how outdated the CU is.

Wonderful place to learn basic office skills and customer service interactions
Teller/Member Services (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 24, 2013
teller duties including cash handling, phones, customer transactions, filing. As well as setting up IRAs and CDs. I loved this job, however very poor management.

Chele – February 11, 2013

Doesn't demonstrate the true CU philosphy. Very poor management, your job is self taught, very minimal training, very understaffed, poor communication and pay is very low. Would not recommend

NW Branch Manager/Branch Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 24, 2012
It's a smaller Credit Union so you are able to get familiar with many areas of banking and finance. Flexible schedules, great benefits, and a Friday morning putting challenge.

Chele – February 11, 2013

Disagree, very small yes. You get familiar because they are way understaffed and pull from area to cover another. Pay is not competitive, no advancement and alot of micro managing