Oklahoma Educators Credit Union Employee Reviews

CEO/President is a nightmare
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 18, 2018
While the coworkers are a great group of hard working & friendly individuals the CEO/President is a complete nightmare to work for. How she still has aa job I don't know. Pay is not great but benefits are good. I wouldn't recommend this to my worst enemy.
Great place to work!!!
Branch Manager/Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 7, 2017
Great place to work. The pay is comparable and the sales-based incentive plan is fantastic!!! Paid federal holidays as well as an above average PTO accrual. They offer competitive healthcare, dental, vision as well as 401k match! Management is constantly working towards employee improvement and listens to its employees' suggestions for further improvement.
Pros
Pay, Incentive Program, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off, Benefits, Management, Promotes Internally
poor environment
clerk (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 8, 2017
Lots of turnover because they treat employees like juvenile delinquents.The pay is poor and they criticize everything an employee does, even though their poor training could have something to do with it. If you are desperate, go ahead and take the job while looking for another. It won't be long till you see why.
Pros
Holidays
Cons
everything else
Micromanaging at its finest
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 11, 2017
They pay is low compared to other credit unions. They are ran like a bank, to make money, not to help the members. You can not do anything without approval. Be prepared to wear blazers and parachute slacks bought from suited for success. I wouldn't waste your time. They have extremely high turnover and don't care to fix it. They workload for a "teller" is unreal and there is no appreciation for what you do.

Did not get fired or have issues with them other than the extremely poor management.
Pros
Free lunches on certain occasions
Cons
Micromanaging, no compassion
Enjoyed my members
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 23, 2014
Loved helping my members, enjoyed helping the members reach their goals
Pros
family like company
Cons
Computers and system outdated
Think twice before applying
Former employee (Former Employee) –  OKCMarch 15, 2013
Poor management, micro managed, pay not competitive, Benefits are good, good work/life balance. Sometimes hostile work environment
Poor management
Retired (Former Employee) –  OklahomaMarch 13, 2013
There is potential but the upper management and President don't try different strategies. Bad environment, strict rules, zero fun. Low technology. Pay is low to fair. No training so employees fail. The amount of people that have quit or fired is a bunch. The health benefits are ok, even though I have barely used them. Not a bad price for them.
Pros
benefits are ok and fair priced
Cons
no work life balance, micromanaged. poor technology, unhappy environment
Great Opportunity!
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Midwest CityMarch 8, 2013
Overall, I have been very pleased with my career at OECU. I enjoy working for a company that is large enough to offer competative wages and benefits, yet it's small enough that it feels like a family all the way from the President to the part-time tellers.

OECU prefers to promote from within and has given me the opportunity to quickly advance. The management team is very helpful and always open to hear comments, concerns, or complaints.

I would say that when working for OECU, one should be self-motivated and eager to learn. The opportunities for learning and advancement are endless and readily available to anyone who shows the willingness to learn.
Feels like family
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma CityMarch 1, 2013
I read what a couple of reviewers have said about the credit union and I know you will always get more negative reviews than positive reviews on any product or service but I think what was written was really unfair. I started almost a decade ago and I'm still here so it must not be that bad. They hired me without any experience and gave me a chance based solely on my friendly demeanor. I immediately learned the difference between working for a "for profit" business and a "not for profit" group. They paid me as much as they could without taking away from the members to do so. The people that I've worked with (employees and members) have been like family. When i was going to school they bent over backwards to accomodate my schedule and even when I left briefly to try something new, they gladly took me back when I found out the grass wasn't at all greener. Management does the best it can to make everyone happy but there have been changes lately which some people can't handle. But for those who want to get in on the ground level of a new project, the changes are exciting. I know most of my new hires really seem to like their jobs so I think that's a good test of the environment.
Pros
decent pay, friendly coworkers and members, not profit driven
Cons
family health insurance is pricey but individual isn't bad
Wonderful place to learn basic office skills and customer service interactions
Teller/Member Services (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 24, 2013
teller duties including cash handling, phones, customer transactions, filing. As well as setting up IRAs and CDs. I loved this job, however very poor management.
NW Branch Manager/Branch Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 24, 2012
It's a smaller Credit Union so you are able to get familiar with many areas of banking and finance. Flexible schedules, great benefits, and a Friday morning putting challenge.