Oklahoma Heart Hospital Employee Reviews

Patients
Patient Access Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 21, 2017
I enjoyed working with the heart patients, both in the ER and doctors offices. I learned how compassionate the heart doctors could be.
The hardest part of my job was when the doctors could not help the patient.
Benefits
Great Patient care, Great Nurse Support
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 2, 2017
I have worked here for 11 years and I am proud to say its my work home. There focus at OHH is excellence and they work everyday to achieve it. There is great support for the nurses for the management and within the nursing staff itself.
Transcription
MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 19, 2017
At one point I was working seven days a week, 15 hour days so it took over my life at that point. I continued because I believe in good work ethic. I do believe my supervisor should have stepped in at that point to help out, but they did not.
Pros
I was allowed to be my own boss.
Cons
Supervisor was not always available.
Ohh
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 4, 2017
I truly enjoy working for the Oklahoma Heart Hospital(OHH). I am proud to be apart of this team, and would recommend OHH to my friends and family for employment and patient care.
Check-In Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 16, 2017
Loved it! Great people and wonderful staff. Great food, great coffee, great medical care. Best in the state, top in the nation. Saved my husbands life and many more!
Pros
Great food
Cons
Very busy
A productive place of employment
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  OKC, OKNovember 3, 2016
Very polite people..a people place a productive place to build your career around very pleasant bosses a good place to work.
Pros
They hire from inside first.
Cons
To much drama with folks dating inside there departments
Official response from Oklahoma Heart Hospital
December 13, 2016

Great Review~ Thank you for taking the time give us your feedback.

Great Place to Work
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 2, 2016
Great pay and benefits. Great staff and physicians to work with. Top rated facility and top-notch patient care. Positive working environment. Sate of the art patient treatment and care options.
Highly tecnical, specialty hospital pharmacy
Clinical Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 26, 2016
Reviewed medication orders, prepared IV solutions for inpatients of heart hospital specialty.
Assisted, supervised technicians preparing medications and refilling Pyxis mediation stations.
Great supervisory and support staff.
Part-time employment currently
Pros
Supportive, educational support staff and processes.
Cons
Great people to work with
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 10, 2016
Oklahoma Heart Hospital is a friendly place to work for. The only problem is the housekeeping department has to many turnovers, always short on staff , they expect for the housekeepers to do more that what they already have,(Leadership) and communication are very poor.
Pros
great food
Fun workplace with a great team
RN (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 3, 2016
4 patient workload maximum
Educational classes required and a part of your training
Smaller hospital with advanced equipment
Leading technology
Wonderful teamwork
Critical patients
Pros
small patient load
Interesting and Productive
LPN (Former Employee) –  OKC, OKAugust 29, 2016
I enjoyed my time at the Oklahoma Heart hospital. I gained some new experience and had the opportunity to learn some new skills in relation to Cardiology.
Pros
The hours were nice.
Cons
Not any that I can thing of at this moment.
Good Place to work at.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 22, 2016
It was a good place to work, everyone was really nice there. I worked at the South side campus, and the Doctors were extremely professional and polite.
Great culture, low pay
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 27, 2016
You will be treated nicely, but you will sacrifice a normal pay scale. Hours are fairly rigid at 36 hours for full time, overtime is unlikely, and on-call pay is nearly non-existent if you work in the PCCU. The chances for job advancement is minimal. Oh, and don't ask where the old management went - they all made "too much" money and were nix'd one by one.
Pros
Nice environment, nice coworkers, good benefits (good).
Cons
Low pay, people get fired and the reason is always a mystery, no real chance for advancement.
Horrible and unfair management
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK North CampusJuly 19, 2016
The manager of my department had no previous experience to do her job what so ever! She was terribly immature, gossiped about everyone, hired her personal friends, brought her child to work and left her unsupervised, played favorites, harassed people she didn't like, fired people without any explanation. I could honestly go on for hours about this vile woman! The hospital is a great place that offers top notch medical care! Just don't work for ER registration!
Pros
Good food, great healthcare
Cons
Unfair treatment, inexperienced managers, very catty environment
Great place tow work at
Interventional Unit Nurse (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 22, 2016
Great place to work for. Nice environment. Coworkers are wonderful. Great management. Great and understanding staff. Recess the
previous employee
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 21, 2016
best company I've ever worked for! very fair management. genuine doctors and co-workers. if ever I have the chance to go back I will!
Great team work!
Nurse Partner (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 8, 2016
Worked in the Emergency room with a lot of great staff. My day started by checking the rooms to make sure they were stocked with the right supplies and checking the sharps container, making sure they were not full and if so changing them. Then being ready to take a patient to a room when they came in to the ER. Doing a EKG and getting vitals for the nurse and physician. Drawing labs if needed. Getting the patient a warm blanket if no fever. Assisting the nurse with what is needed. Prepping patients for surgery.
Pros
Clean Hospital
Cons
There is a lot of favoritisim
Thorough training provided
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 4, 2016
Supervised staff, delegated assignments, provided direct patient care, coordinated admissions/discharges, and resolved conflicts with family and medical staff.
Pros
supportive co-workers
Cons
N/A
One of the better hospitals to work for
RN (Former Employee) –  OkcSeptember 29, 2015
Pro good food, benefits, low patient to staff ratios

Con unqualified inexperienced charge nurses, lots of backstabbing from other employees

Good staffing ratios and education. Unfortunately it is not what you know but who you know for any advancement or even help
Nice staff
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 23, 2015
It is a great place to work. Just don't get caught up with the clicks.
The food was excellent for being a hospital.
I really enjoyed working with a lot of the nurses and staff. I learned a lot from working here that I will carry with me thru my pharmacy tech career

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oklahoma Heart Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2