Oklahoma Heart Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

One of the better hospitals to work for
RN (Former Employee) –  OkcSeptember 29, 2015
Pro good food, benefits, low patient to staff ratios

Con unqualified inexperienced charge nurses, lots of backstabbing from other employees

Good staffing ratios and education. Unfortunately it is not what you know but who you know for any advancement or even help
Nice people
Systems Disbursement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 22, 2015
I would input invoices - both PO and non-PO - and cut checks. I verified coding for accuracy. There were some nice people that worked there.
Great Hospital
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 16, 2015
Everyone works well together and we are well staffed. It is a happy place to work and management is great. I work 12 hour shifts and everyone is very helpful.
Best place I have ever worked
Patient Care Partner/ Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OklahomaSeptember 14, 2015
I loved it here and if you have the chance to become a part of this team TAKE IT! Great people and the hospital is top notch! I can't say one bad thing about this place
Pros
Great people to work with
Great work environment and extremely awesome people
Editor/ Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma CityMay 7, 2015
I work from home so I never have to buy gas, clothes, or lunches out. My hours are flexible for which I am very spoiled. I have enjoyed my coworkers and will miss them when this job ends.
Pros
Working from home
Love it
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  OKCMarch 30, 2015
I love everything, I cant complain about a thing.
Its the best place to work in oklahoma.
Everyone is nice and helping. The doctors are fabulous. And our patients come first
Great work environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 6, 2015
OHH is by far the best hospital in which I have worked. They really do strive to put the patient first and work very hard to take care of their staff. They are well staffed with a fantastic nurse:patient ratio. Supplies are readily available and if something is needed, management makes haste to provide necessary changes to make the hospital function more smoothly.
Organized
RN, BSN (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 20, 2015
Ran 12 hour shifts. Patients were usually preoperative or postoperative cardiovascular surgical patients. Some of the staff were helpful and friendly but others not so much.

Management was very helpful especially the charge nurses.

It was hardwork but very fulfilling, but the backstabbing of employees sometimes made working there undesireable.
Pros
great charge nurses
Cons
backstabbing and hostility of some workers.
A productive workplace with very good people to work with
Outpatient Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 6, 2015
A typical day at work was to come in, get signed on, and start working the que that pertains to you. I learned a great deal within the 3 of employment, ICD 10 was being taught at the time of my departure. I absolutley loved my coworkers, alot of positive upbeat people.
Fun Frendly place to work
PATIENT ACCESS SPECIALIST I (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 18, 2014
Great place to work dedicated to their Mission, Employees and Community.
This is a very rewarding work place
Checkout Clerk (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 9, 2014
I love to work with people each client I check out have some sort of wisdom to give what a blessing.
Pros
free meal tickets
Cons
longer lunch breaks.
Very Good Company For Patients and Employees
Business Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 7, 2014
The physician and staff really care for the patients. The physician, administrators and staff are always looking for technology that helps the organization provide the best possible care for patients and meets the demands in today's healthcare market.
Smh....
Registered MA current LPN (Current Employee) –  NorthOctober 2, 2014
They hire people who have never worked as a medical assistant to work as medical assistants getting paid as much as someone who went to school and worked hard for the position...I guess this is fine for those who acquire the position however as a patient I wouldn't want someone who has no real qualifications other than a brief on the job training pretending to be a medical assistant with me. Management sucks! I don't know where they pick office managers from because 99.9% are NOT qualified and are not management material. I guess working there's all a part of who you know, NOT having anything to do with qualification.
Pros
nice facility
Cons
wrong people shot calling
Avoid the Research Foundation
Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 21, 2014
The working environment in the Research Foundation is poor at best. Management is awful, turnover high, and training pretty much null, but the demands sure are high! So if you like a heavy workload without any recognition for hard work and achievements, while doing all of this in a negative environment, then maybe this is your dream job. If not, then do yourself a favor and keep far far away...from this department anyway! As for the actual hospital, the staff has always been friendly with no shortage of smiles and "how are you?" in the halls!
Okay for staff nursing
House Resource Manager/Procedure Nurse (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma cityJuly 30, 2014
Not to good for those in managerial positions, and not good advance practice nurse friendly
Unhappy people in the research dep.
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  OHHPMay 5, 2014
New research director fired a tenured coordinator without warning after only having the position for a month. But appointed a problem employee to a management position and a careless employee received a promotion to coordinator.
The careless employee is responsible for not updating patient consent forms resulting in patients signing incorrect forms. The problem employee has been reported for harassment, stalking, and discrimination. Neither of the positions were posted for other employees to apply.
Pros
the patients
Cons
the management
Great for employees and patients alike!
Registration Clerk / PBX / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 29, 2014
The Oklahoma Heart Hospital was a wonderful place to work. The company treats their employees well. Benefits and PTO are all top-notch. I did have a supervisor who was brand new at their position, and had a hard time balancing everything, but experienced employees in my department more than made up for it.
Pros
benefits, food in cafeteria
Cons
experienced management
Great food in cafeteria!
Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 16, 2014
Hi stress, low reward.
No formal training.
Management has no respect for support workers.
Hi expectations with no recognition.
The executive level management is rude and unprofessional in dealing with non-clinical and non-nursing support staff.
Pros
cafeteria discount. support staff are nice people.
Cons
poor balance between personal life and work, no respect from director level and above management
Patient Friendly
Clinic Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 26, 2014
I am a people person. I can work with any group of people. I am a self motivted person. I work hard and learn fast. I can work in a busy enviroment with ease
Pros
i love what do
Best heart hospital in the region if not the country!
RN-ICU (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 25, 2014
See previous comments about Oklahoma Heart Hospital. I worked on the north campus. The created a south campus and now I work there.

4.2