OKLAHOMA NATURAL GAS Employee Reviews

Nightmare
Service Tech (Current Employee) –  OklahomaJune 20, 2017
The talk about promoting from within and when that time comes the manager who knows nothing of your duties tells you that you don't know enough. Joke.
Great
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 13, 2017
Awesome place to work. New culture and diversity is present. Not a lot of room for advancement or development. Could use more effective trainers. Thank you
GIS Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 25, 2017
The pay is good once you have worked there awhile, you cant stay in one position and expect to move up in your career, you have to take risk. The energy business is great and always competitive
Fun job
Service Technician III - Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tulsa OklahomaFebruary 9, 2017
A normal day would be restoring gas service to 12-18 houses.Possible working several emergency orders ( gas odor calls ) thru out the day. The hardest part of the job was the weather can severely affect the work load.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
call out /on call rotations
busy
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 3, 2017
Very busy work environment. You learn a lot and its a face paced job be willing to have bad and good days when answering the phone. Great benefits and pay
Information rich environment with fantastic on the job training.
Customer Service Rep III - Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 11, 2016
I enjoyed every minute of my day as a Dispatcher for Oklahoma Natural Gas. The work group was comfortable, fast paced and well trained. We were well prepared to handle a wide range of gas emergencies as well as every day service orders, We built strong working relationships with all levels of employees from the janitorial staff all the way to Senior Management.
Pros
Great benefits and chance for growth
Cons
Long shifts and eating meals at your desk.
Going through a lot of changes but good place to work
CSR TEAM LEAD (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 20, 2016
Too much work and not enough people on the job. Upper management under pressure to cut back causing problems. I did enjoy the interaction with the customers and took great pride in providing them the service they required.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
poor upper management
Excellent benefits and great work environment!
Technical Analyst I, Engineering (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 8, 2015
Great company to work for with excellent people. Excellent opportunity for advancement with competitive pay. Forward thinking and technology minded.
Hometown Job
Instrumentation Field Tech. (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 21, 2015
Very laid back job was able to have lots of input with other department leads. the company i feel looked out for me cause when the department i was in was slowing down, and didnt forsee any raise in jobs to work advised me to look elsewhere even helped me locate a job to go to.
fleet maintenance
Sr. Maintenance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 22, 2015
ONG is a great company to work for. it's a company that take great care of their employees as well as their customer base. they provide excellent job security.
Temp assignment (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 25, 2015
A typical work day was making outbound calls to customers about surveys. Management was good. The team did not need to much supervising so we were on our own. My co-workers were nice and fun to work with. The hardest part of the job is not having job security. The most enjoyable was being able to help customers
Pros
they were able to work around my school schedule
Cons
Check was short hours
Terrible place to work
Field Tech (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 5, 2015
ONG has the worst leadership i have ever seen. All they care about is pleasing the guy above them and they could care less about the pipe in the ground. The only and i mean only reason i would ever suggest someone apply there is if they truely didnt care at all about their job and had no desire for anything out of work besides job security.
Pros
job security
Cons
too many to list
Productive workplace in many locations daily
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKNovember 30, 2014
Meet up at shop in morning to load up nessasary materials to complete 4-6 jobs. I learned how to safely excavate natural gas mainlines, and how to poly fuse natural gas pipeline. The management could have improved the organization of operations. My co-workers enjoyable to spend the day with. The hardest part of my day would be hand digging to spot lines in the ground. The most enjoyable part of my day was operating my excavator not having to worry about cutting burried lines.
Customer Service Representative III
Customer Service Representative III (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 28, 2014
Great company to grow with. Very reputable and great benefits and workplace.
Too many policy changes day after day.
Customer Service Representative III (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 1, 2014
It could be very stressful not knowing from daya to day if you still had a job because policies were changing from day to day.
Pros
the pay was great
Cons
everybody needed to be on the same page.
Nice people, expanding industry.
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 6, 2014
TIme management was of the essence to this accounting department as we were required to entry monies that had been overnight freighted to our offices in OKC. These monies combined with mail delivery, opened and processed via machine, were to be entered prior to noon.

Key encoding, and making the ONG deposit was very interesting to me. I loved to see just what monies daily were being deposited and I was the one to do so!

Management tried to be helpful, but, this is a big machine industry- only protocol can be followed. Many tried to assist promoting me, many tried to assist in transferring me so that I could retain my position and move to marry and reside within Tulsa. It was not to be. Job movement and advancement are not common, and it seemed difficult to impossible to move within the company, to advance and contribute. This was the hardest part of the job.

I enjoyed my department and the interface within the company structure. I wished that I could've continued this position as I loved it! The people within my department were supportive and enjoyable, and I missed the interaction and team effort that it took to produce the goal daily. It was a wonderful experience.'
Pros
Team effort at daily goal. Interface within company structure.
Cons
Hard to reach daily deposit after a holiday before noon!, movement between departments of the company was difficult.
It was GREAT
Customer Service Rep IV (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 5, 2013
ONG was a great place to work for. Great benefits, coworkers, and supervisors.
Always staying ready for any Emergencies
Field Techician (Current Employee) –  Ardmore, OKNovember 21, 2013
Stay focused on a days assignment, things I never knew about gas pipeline work I learned as much and still learning. No comments about management at the place where I am based. Hardest part is when materials needed for the job are not available. Enjoyable is I like working outdoors.
Executed company award programs to identify high quality performance of temporary associates.
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 22, 2013
Fed the applicant information into computer database in time.
Held interviews with viable candidates and assessed skills, abilities and work history.
Maintained and scored tests given to applicants.
Assessed each client order to ensure employee arrival and customer satisfaction.
Analyzed any potential services which can be offered accommodate particular situations.
Assured all the clients' needs are met on time.
Assured the correct and timely work order entry. Provided training to temporary associates to update skills for assignments.
Solved problems and complaints of customers and temporary associates.
Trained and presented counseling to temporary associates to assure quality performance and job satisfaction.
Performed the outside service calls to assure quality customer service and extend business.
Excellent workarea
Windows7 Deployment Team (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 8, 2013
All of management was always within reach for any reasons regarding any issue at any time.
Pros
all was well
Cons
nothing