Oklahoma State University-Oklahoma City Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Great place to teach, collegial and friendly environment, mostly motivated students
Adjunct faculty (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 20, 2017
I have been an adjunct professor at OSU-OKC since 1997. Up until two years ago, I had the same department chair. She was a wonderful chair, woman and friend. I couldn't have asked for a better supervisor. I created and taught the first online course offered at the OKC location. It was my chair who encouraged me to use my course development skills to design an online course that would be the template for the university to follow. I used a course in Introductory Psychology to design for the online environment. It was a very successful project and now, 20 years later, the college is thriving in the number of online course enrollments.
Pros
Great place to work, friendly environment with supervisors you can depend on for help.
Cons
Lack of benefits for adjunct faculty.
Pleasant work environment
Adjunct Clinical Professor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 13, 2016
I am thankful for my time at OSU-OKC as a Clinical Adjunct Professor. The experience gave me insight in to the nurses role in academia.
Pros
Excellent Nursing Director and Professors
Cons
I live in Lawton and had to commute 1.5 hours each way.
Great learning experience
Director of Network Infrastructure (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 11, 2015
While working at OSU OKC I was able to gain valuable experience from mentors that were outstanding in their fields. I learned servers, wiring, voip , budgeting and management.
Pros
Great enviroment
Cons
compensation
Academic work environment with supportive administration
Director of Emergency Management/Energy Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 6, 2013
A motivating atmosphere with reliable co-workers who support and assist as needed.
Cut throat company
Senior Admissions Officer/DSO (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 9, 2012
This company suffers from a lack of organizational leadership. All supervisors want to supervise everyone regardless of what department subordinates are in.
Pros
state employee
Cons
leadership