Oklahoma State University Institute of Technology Employee Reviews in United States

Stability
IT SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Okmulgee, OKOctober 31, 2015
Second biggest OSU campus. Has a wide variety of job responsibilities that will prepare you for almost anything. Very job secure if you make it through your first year. The campus is constantly growing and just recently in the last 5 years built two new buildings for two departments. This campus just keeps getting bigger, and continues to show Oklahoma that it is the best school for hands on technical training.
Excellent company to work for
IT (Current Employee) –  Okmulgee, OKSeptember 28, 2015
Excellent company, great managers. Amazing environment and one that you could retire from. The management is great and listens to your cares and concerns. The benefits are amazing and some of the best I've seen in a while.
Pros
Campus Life, Benefits, Amazing Co-Workers
Cons
pay scale is below national average
Wonderful work environment
Office Workstudy (Current Employee) –  Okmulgee, OKJuly 21, 2015
Everyday I came into work my boss was always happy to see me, she is very friendly and caring to my educational needs as well as my job needs.
Pros
Caring management
Cons
Max hours a week are 14.
Good people to work with
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Okmulgee, OKJuly 20, 2015
The folks that I worked with were knowledgeable and supportive of teaching us their way of doing things. Some days would be busy, others were not so busy. The not so busy days were options for learning or finishing other activities such as proper disposal of equipment that was outdated. Software updates to classroom computers and imaging new or existing PC's were also part of our experience.
Pros
Positive people
Cons
Wish I could have stayed on full-time rather than be a work study.
Great Place a little bit out of the way
Professor's Assistant, Manufacturing Faculty (Former Employee) –  Okmulgee, OKJune 11, 2015
Okmulgee campus is a little far from Tulsa but overall they run the school well. I've enjoyed working for a professor there.
Ok place to work
Student Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Okmulgee, OKMarch 30, 2015
This place of employment wasn't a horrible place to work, however the leadership lacked leadership skills. The politics of the office weren't bad, it was the lack of respect that hurt the department.
Friends of Pete (Former Employee) –  Okmulgee, OK.October 14, 2014
Working as a "Friend of Pete" was a very rewarding job. I loved getting to know perspective students and be the face the represented OSUIT. My coworkers and boss were all amazing! It was the most friendly environment and the people truly loved their jobs. The most difficult part of the job was dealing with the mass groups from 30-60 guests of middle school aged children. At that young age, most students are not taking their future and college into consideration. They look at the trip to OSUIT as a free pass to skip school and socialize. It was hard to keep their attentions and not become frustrated. I eventually decided that in order to reach out to them, I had to make the tours a little more exciting and ask them lots of questions. The most enjoyable part of the job was at the end of my tours getting the compliment about how detailed and amazing my tour was. A lot of the students I gave tours to would then go on to enroll at OSUIT. It felt great being an influence in a persons decision to better their future.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no healthcare, compensation was very low
I enjoyed the staff which gave me a new out look on employment.
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Okmulgee, OKJanuary 11, 2013
The staff greeted me well and I enjoyed having the company of my supervisor because we would go to all departments of the Institute and get to know the facility to a better understanding. My job enabled me to go behind the scene of the facilities. After a while I was able to be trusted to go on my own and new a great deal of the faculity and departments. I learned the difference between fire extinguisher and its properties for its usage.
Pros
i went to places where other students never seen before.
Cons
it was a short term employment.
Exciting place to work with great people
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Okmulgee, OklahomaJuly 31, 2012
A typical day at work would involve helping students understand subject matter and their course work. Most of the students were seeking help with college algebra, but other courses I helped with included college comp. and computer literacy as well as desire2learn and computer/printer operation.
I learned that most students were there because they wanted to learn the material and get their degree. I also re-learned that not all the rewards one might get from a job come in the form of a paycheck or benifits.
The management are good people who really want to see students succeed and are doing a terrific job, and this often done with few rescources and limited funds.
Most of my co-workers were highly skilled and well educated people who could have made more money in other fields of endeaver but chose to work at OSU because they were devoted to what we were doing.
The hardest part of this job is leaving.
The most enjoyable part of the job is going to work and helping the students.
Pros
working with and helping great people
Cons
they will no longer be using part-time tutors past the end of this term, and have no full-time openings.
Very nice people to work with and a unique opportunity
OSUIT Faculty (Current Employee) –  Okmulgee, OKJuly 23, 2012
Normal work hours
Great benefits
Reasonable pay
Nice co-workers
Pros
nice work schedule
Cons
not a high paying career

Want to know more about Oklahoma State University Institute of Technology?

Ask a question
Great Place..
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Okmulgee, OKMarch 21, 2012
I loved working for OSU. Great with family. They are great to work with. They even help with going back to school.
Pros
insurance from start.

4.3