Oklahoma State University

Oklahoma State University Employee Reviews in United States

Gra
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKAugust 26, 2016
Work and study balance routine. I had a good team and work environment was very flexible. Enjoyed learning while working here as a Graduate Research Assistant.
Great opportunity for a graduate student.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKAugust 15, 2016
It was a great place to work, with great people and valuable experience. You get an office and a computer, which you can use for your coursework. It's all located in a conventionally located building on campus.
Pros
Great staff/faculty, not difficult work.
Cons
Grading around finals can get hectic.
Good
OSU Warehouse Clerk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OklahomaAugust 13, 2016
Making sure all things are organized for the day. Then get ready for ordering and reviving. Learned that different needs can be interpreted by different managers.
You must multi-task x 3
Sr. Admin. Support Assist (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKAugust 9, 2016
It is important to learn a little bit about each of the roles within the CSD Department, Speech Therapy and Audiology Clinic because your day will be filled with responsibilities with all of these areas. I was allowed to cross-train while I was in the Admin. Support position and see that it really worked best when everyone was able to assist each other to benefit the Department as a whole. The hardest part of the job was trying to do a little bit more than just your own job when the office was short-handed. The most enjoyable part of the job was being allowed to resolve issues as a team and allowed to provide feedback for overall improvement.
Cons
Several factors led to not being compensated as promised.
false promises made
Financial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKAugust 9, 2016
Was promised a raise after a year, instead they moved me to a complete different job site and added more work but no job raise. I then turned in my two weeks notice. On the plus side I really loved the people I worked with besides the management. Management had their favorites and there was no changing that.
Pros
did get a free lunch if you worked in dining services
Cons
management
Teaching is awesome.
Mineralogy Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKAugust 7, 2016
The students were amazing to work with. The professor you work under is good. However, the most challenging part was dealing with office politics.Teaching was just a small part of what I did.
Bad idea
Referee (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKAugust 5, 2016
Being a ref was easily my least favorite job. The players were very disrespectful, and the supervisors and managers were also, at times, extremely unprofessional. They only give people in their friend group raises or promotions.
Pros
Scheduled around my classes
Cons
Disrespectful coworkers and players
The most enjoyable part of my job
Administrative Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKAugust 5, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job is the community at OSU. The broad range of people I interact with on a daily basis can not only be challenging but very rewarding.
Great place to learn and pursure our dreams
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKAugust 2, 2016
It is the best place to identify their interests and to fulfill them. Oklahoma State University greatly helps us to start research in our area of interest.
Not so bad
Microbiologist (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OklahomaJuly 30, 2016
This university has the good technical capacity. However, the management was not good. I learned how to work with anaerobic bacteria. I liked many co-workers but not all. My most enjoyable part of the job was scanning electron microscopy
Wonderful Staff and clients
Yoga Instructor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 12, 2016
The best, loved the compromising, and willingness for all staff and supervisors to learn. We all worked as team! Helpful in constructing working relations with all. One student has gone on to become an instructor herself!
Pros
Cons
I cannot think of any!
Worked in a computer lab
Research assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJuly 2, 2016
I contacted various agencies about the availability of lake depth-temperature data. If they had data available then I would collected it and sort it into a standard format. Worked my own hours, when I had free time. Was very relaxed.
Productive and fun workplace
Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 28, 2016
The hardest part of the job is meeting daily quotas due to the fact that we have a slow moving system. Management is awesome!
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Slow system
Friendly work campus
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJune 25, 2016
It gives me some work experience that is different from what I'm used to and prepares me using a statistical strategy to do my experiments. People around are friendly and it is nice to have the gym for personal training.
Great on-campus job, frequent departmental changes made it difficult to maintain constantly changing expectations.
Residential Advisor (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJune 22, 2016
My time at Oklahoma State University's Department of Residential Life as a Resident Advisor were some of the best years I had. It was fantastic for being involved on campus and within the community. With housing and a meal plan provided, it takes a huge financial burden off students. Coworkers on average were exceptional people. Management was a little rocky, as we changed supervisors quite often. I went through a different supervisor every year during my time there, and sometimes from semester to semester. The department is currently overhauling the program and began implementing new changes that clashed with previous policies, and was a challenge to accommodate.
Pros
on-campus housing paid, meal plan, great team
Cons
constantly changing policies, long hours, weekends on call
Awesome university town
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJune 19, 2016
Small and friendly town with bundle of social activities around the campus

Excellent facilities for students

Friendly staff
relaxed workplace with friendly staff and supervisors
meeting and conference service staff member (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKMay 24, 2016
They made it easy to know what to do and when to do it.
I learned communication skills between peers and coworkers.
Management was supportive and understanding of scheduling.
My co-workers were friendly and helpful.
setting up for groups of 100+ people
working with friendly people.
It will be interesting to work in this multicultureal organization and internationally recognized with lots of funs
Criminal Justice Instructor and a Research Fellow (Former Employee) –  OklahomaMay 18, 2016
It is a privilege to work is this organization and contribute my quota towards the achievement of the goals of this organization
Pros
The incentives such as free lunch, friendship networks etc serve as an attraction
Cons
However, the cold whether, long hours of working are the short comings for working in this institution
great
Weekend Overnight Large Animal ICU Tech (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKMay 10, 2016
This is a great place to work, You get the opportunity to meet a large number of people from many back grounds which increases you culture palate in my opinion.
Lab experience
Lab assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKApril 27, 2016
I di not get paid to work in a microbiology lab, it was part of a scholarship I received from Oklahoma State University. I liked getting to assist in the lab because it gave me experience with lab techniques that I can use later in life. I recommend for any science major to work in a lab at some point during their college career.

4.3