Oklahoma State University

Oklahoma State University Employee Reviews

A great place to work
Research associate (Former Employee), Stillwater, OKJuly 27, 2015
People in OSU are trying to help each other to succeed. It's a laid-back workplace. It's a great workplace. It's willing to develop people.
i learned alot there
Hospital Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), t\ulsaJuly 23, 2015
Pros: 30min
Cons: 15min
my managers were awesome in times of need or just to come by and ask how you are for that day.
we keep a different verity od coworkers most of them were great and others were okay It wasn't anything that I couldn't deal with.
I can say I learned a lot here. things that I didn't know. you know like how to do things the right way not just your way lol.
the hardest part of my job was dealing with people not coming to work and having more patients to attend to which I feel I really didn't get a chance to do considering Id have 10 patients to me and 2 nurse.
I loved the fact that all management welcomed you in if there was a problem in or out of work. I loved the coworkers the fun we would have at work. my patience was awesome. the best thing was the smiles one there faces letting me know that they were satisfied with their care.
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJuly 23, 2015
I enjoyed my job at OSU, but at times did not feel appreciated as an employee. I was part of the call back Heart team and part of the Ortho team.
Great Place to work as a student
Student Technician 3 (Former Employee), Stillwater, OKJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Work life ballance
Cons: Pay was a bit off but it was compensated by time to work on school projects
I was a student employee they did a great job of giving me time to do work and while i was at work giving me time to work on school project.
Great team of educational professionals.
FCS Extension Educator (Former Employee), Okmulgee, OKJuly 17, 2015
Loved working here the best of all my career choices. I was the Family Consumer Sciences Educator and addressed the needs of Okmulgee County in the multiple areas of family, nutrition, economic well being, and community. I was also the 4-H Educator which I loved!
Interactive and productive work environment
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Stillwater, OklahomaJuly 16, 2015
My job was to assess and grade B.S students Engineering Economics assignments and submit a feedback. The course had 100 students and most of the class was interactive.
Be accountable for helping
Lab assistant (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Being able to work on things that would improve my future.
Cons: Not being able to lunch with my friends.
Showing up early so the teacher did not have to be concerned if I would be there. Managing time to be with co-workers to work on unity. The hardest part of the job was hoping I had the answers for the questions asked. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to spend hours on what I need to do to get work accomplished.
Productive and fun workplace
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Tulsa OkJuly 11, 2015
Great place to work with team atmosphere. The company was in transition but management was always available. The nurses were always willing to help and welcomed new employees.
N/A
Stable Hand (Former Employee), Stillwater, OKJuly 9, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: N/A
Good place to work. Allowed extra time off for class and studying purposes. Management was very interactive and helpful.
Provides a rewarding experience for both parties
Job Shadow (Former Employee), Stillwater, OKJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Getting to watch the progress of the riders is incredible
I was able to get a sense of satisfaction by helping those who cannot help themselves. Being able to assist someone is a responsibility that I cherish. I will always remember my time volunteering at the ranch.
Fun place to work at
Research Associate (Former Employee), Stillwater, OKJune 10, 2015
Enjoyable working environment, learned a lot from my professors and co-workers. Good stuff and administration. The level of work load depends on the type of course.
Better platform for education and real world combination
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Stillwater,OKJune 9, 2015
Pros: Right place for out of box thinking
Cons: You can not call it as part time job
It was always challenging for me to execute on paper planning onto real world.
Every week there was learning curve.
When you are working on new research it will be always challenging for us
Nice place with adequate funds
Graduate Student Researcher (Former Employee), Stillwater, OKJune 1, 2015
Working as a TA at OSU was fun. It helped me develop confidence and excellent communication skills. It also pays the tuitions if you get a 0.5 FTE
Fun place to work
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Stillwater, OklahomaMay 29, 2015
My job profile in Oklahoma State University as a part time employee was:

Assisting professors in grading assignments as well as guiding students in Engineering Economic Analysis, Introduction Probabilistic Modelling, Manufacturing and Service Systems, Information systems and technology.

My professors were very helpful and I enjoyed every part of my job at OSU.

Go Pokes!
Valuable experience
Lab Student (Former Employee), Stillwater, OKMay 25, 2015
I was mentored and taught by very capable laboratory professionals who genuinely cared about their employees. This is where I learned the basics of laboratory skills.
Great Benefits, work load could have been reduced
Anonymous (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 14, 2015
Heavy workload, stressful when deal with student issues, have to check emails often and respond to them even when not working.
Great Benefits, a little too academic for my taste
Library Technician (Current Employee), Stilllwater OkMay 14, 2015
The benefits are really good, overall is a bit too academic, (It is a college) If you are working here without a degree there is a lot of pressure to get one. Not a lot of opportunities without it. Sometimes feel a little looked down on... Maybe it's just me. Overall I really like it. The pay isn't terrible. The benefits are really good.
Good environment
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Stillwater, OKApril 28, 2015
Pros: provide handons expriences in the studying environment
Cons: do not locate in big city to attract many recruiters
This is a good working environment that allows students to have a good balance of work, study and life balance in this school.
Helped many students
Student Tutor (Former Employee), Stillwater, OKApril 8, 2015
I was able to help many students in regards to sociology and psychology, and I greatly enjoyed this position. However, I would have preferred more feedback regarding my performance.
Family enviroment at one time
Floor Tec (Current Employee), TUlsa OkApril 7, 2015
This hospital used to have a family like environment, nut since the take over by Mercy Health care Systems everything has change and not for the better, at least not yet.

1 2 3 4 5

$16.81 per hour
Food Service Director
$11.03 per hour

Oklahoma State University Photos

University Dining Services, production line.
CleanRoom 1000