Oklahoma State University

Oklahoma State University Employer Reviews

Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Stillwater, OKDecember 23, 2014
OSU is a good place to work and people are nice. I am happy working here as a graduate research assitant. However, since I am graduating soon, I hope I could find some opportunity to work in industry.
Occupational Safety Program Manager
OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY PROGRAM MANAGER (Current Employee), Stillwater, OKDecember 9, 2014
Just not as active as my previous career in the United States of the Air Force.

Great place for a slower paced person. My experience is more of a fast pace and industrial atmosphere. Benefits and people are great.

Flexible schedule and great opportunities here.
Solid part-time job while going to school
Tele-Counselor (Former Employee), Stillwater, OKOctober 14, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: repetitive work
I worked in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. The typical shift consisted of calling many high school students and getting them to commit to campus recruiting events. This job helped me gain confidence on the phone and taught me a lot about how much a persistent positive attitude can really make a difference. Shifts were in the evening after school. – more... Staff consisted of 10-12 Tele-Counselors and one manager who was awesome. The best part of the job is the flexible work hours because you pick when you work. – less
Productive and fun workplace, with a focus on service.
Computer Support Specialist (Former Employee), Stillwater, OKOctober 13, 2014
OSU was a great place to work. The environment was positive and really encouraged growth and personal development.
OSU is a reasearch oriented University focused in the development of everyone in both personal and professional.
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Stillwater, OKOctober 1, 2014
As a Graduate Research Assistant, I have been working with the Marketing department to administer and monitoring several studies to students in order to get information for researchers in the department. The university give us the the proper training to participate in those activities. I work along 10 other people, all of them avid of learning, helping – more... and always looking forward to get the best possible results. – less
Prosthetic Instructor - Interim Director (Former Employee), Okmulgee, OKSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: helping young people
Cons: limitations imposed by the university
My job consisted of instructing students in an a classroom as well as a lab setting. I enjoyed teaching and working with the students.
An opportunity to learn more about other specified IT fields
Shift Coordinator/Systems Analyst/Technician (Former Employee), Stillwater, OKSeptember 20, 2014
OSU offered an opportunity to see more of the IT environment other than my usual IT placement.
wonderful place
Research Associate (Former Employee), Stillwater, OKSeptember 18, 2014
Quiet and beautiful place for researcher

Co-worker were friendly and nice
Organized
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKSeptember 4, 2014
Fun organized company to work for. Very nice and helpful people. Always encouraging others.
Great place to learn
Mechanical Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Stillwater, OKSeptember 3, 2014
Tons of support at every turn. Instructors show how much they care and how involved they are through relate-able demonstrations and study material which applies to the more common life scenarios.
college classes
Full-time College Student (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKSeptember 3, 2014
awesome place to go to school, especially as an adult, night classes are the best and there are really good and cool professors
Good Place to work
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee), Stillwater, OKAugust 31, 2014
Good place to work and good place to live in. The pay for adjunct faculty is not that good.
Great place to work while in school
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Stillwater, OKAugust 26, 2014
Pros: relationship building
Cons: scheduling around other students
Since this is an on campus job I coordinate with professors and do any necessary tasks they require of me. I grade papers for undergraduate students. I enjoy getting to work with our faculty on campus and the relationships that I have built through this.
great place to gain experience
Volunteer (Former Employee), Myrtle Point, ORAugust 11, 2014
clerical work was my main job I also made copies and ran errans
Great univesity in oklahoma!
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Stillwater, OKAugust 11, 2014
I got my MBA from OSU and it was a fantastic experience. I have learned data analysis, business analysis and management theories.
good
RN (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKAugust 9, 2014
work is hard, but rewarding
I learned patient care
manager is awesome
staying late is hard
patients are the best
Kids these Days
Tutor in VBA (Former Employee), Stillwater, OKAugust 6, 2014
Pros: make your own schedule, great pay
Cons: depends on the students you receive
If you don't like helping people and dealing with college kids that seem to forget how to be an adult and act on their own, don't be a tutor. Really what most of the students need help with are the projects, so you have to ask for the solution if you don't want to slug through and try to program something that is supposed to take at least 3 hours to – more... complete. Honestly a good job, you make your own hours, and the students are generally easy to help and get along with. – less
College Class
Marketing project (Former Employee), StillwaterAugust 5, 2014
In many projects I had at OSU, we had to calculate company revenue and input it into eel worksheets and computer programs.
Great atmosphere and very supportive
College Professor Assistant (Current Employee), Stillwater, OKJuly 28, 2014
The other workers are very respectful and supportive. Fun personalities.
Good educational experience
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Stillwater, OklahomaJuly 20, 2014
Pros: good management and great way to gain experience
Cons: can sometimes be a very slow job
Working at the designing and manufacturing lab of Oklahoma State University was a good introduction to manufacturing machine work.

I had a good boss who was very patient in teaching me how to use lathes and mills until I was comfortable enough to show and explain how to use them to the students who came in to use our equipment. It was a great way to – more... get paid while gaining experience with simple mechanical design and workmanship.

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to work the diverse people in the engineering department work through their problems with their designs of the products they wanted to make with our equipement.

The hardest part of the job were the dry parts of the year when nobody came in and there was nothing to do. – less

1 2 3 4 5