Oklahoma State University

Oklahoma State University Employer Reviews

Great Place to Work
Graduate Research Associate (Current Employee), OklahomaMarch 25, 2015
I worked here as a part of my Research Assistantship while doing my Masters. It was a great place to work and help me learn many things.
Productive and fun workplace
Desktop Support Assistant (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKMarch 23, 2015
I learn a lot for my career. The people I work with are great and we get the job done while having a lot of fun! My department director is great to work with!
Rewarding college job
Group Fitness Instructor (Current Employee), Stillwater, OKMarch 22, 2015
Pros: staying fit, helping others
Cons: could be compensated better
Great place to be a huge influence on others lives. Was about to help influence and lead students and faculty to live healthier lives through physical exercise. Fun environment with great people.
It is a fun place and people are warm and friendly
Computer Programmer (Current Employee), stillwater,OKMarch 19, 2015
* A typical day at work always starts with the current issues that i have solved and the new issues to be solved in the coming week
* I have become strong in my coding skills as I solely maintain the website and also develop the modules.
* the management is very friendly and help me work with a flexible schedule so as to accommodate my classes
* My coworkers are welcoming people and always help me if i didn't understand a issue that they reported in the website
* The hardest part of the job is to identify the source of a bug as I am the only one with technical knowledge and as the website has approximately 20000 LOC, it is tough to identify and solve small issue as each module is related.
* The most enjoyable part is the moment when I solve an issue and I can see people using the website in the real time for the code I have written.
Nice working environment
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Stillwater, OKMarch 18, 2015
Pros: very good staff
Cons: compact place
Very good people and a good working environment. A typical day includes designing websites and trouble shooting issues
Medical Hospital
Nurse Tech (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMarch 9, 2015
Oklahoma State University Medical Center is a 331-licensed bed, multi-specialty, acute care teaching facility. The Clinical Enrichment Program provides clinical experience in the following areas:

Medical/Surgical

Wound Care
Pediatrics
Unprofessional workplace
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Stillwater, OKMarch 7, 2015
Pros: low cost of living
Cons: co-workers
typical day: teaching and research.
learned: keep your head down
management: inefficient
co-workers: gossipy, unprofessional
hardest part: co-workers
best part: teaching
productive and fun work place
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Stillwater, OKFebruary 26, 2015
best place to work in stillwater, OK

Oklahoma state university has students and employees from 40 different nations, each day has a new lesson and new experience.
Scholarly workplace atmosphere
Research Assistant and Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Stillwater, OKFebruary 12, 2015
Performed research under an adviser. I have an office to myself, so I do not have trouble getting work done as needed. I have my own project, and I am currently finishing up my thesis on "The effects of drying and drying temperatures on soil test Values" Hardest part of the job is sitting in the office or school all day.
fun
Graduate Assistant Residence Director (Current Employee), Stillwater, OKFebruary 11, 2015
There is no such thing as a typical day at Oklahoma State. Everyone is so happy to be at the school and the spirit is like no other.
Good
Associate Professor (Current Employee), Stillwater, OKFebruary 6, 2015
Oklahoma State University seek to make positive changes via instruction, research, service, and outreach to change human lives.
Friendly management
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Stillwater, OKJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: free lunches, long breaks, friendly colleagues
Work includes web development, web design and website management. Management is really friendly. Hardest part of the job is maintaining very old code which is written around 10 years back. Enjoyable part is converting the old interface to new one.
Great people and atmosphere
Custodian (Current Employee), Athletics DepartmentJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: tuition reduction, flexibility with hours.
Cons: not a whole lot of room for growth within our department.
OSU is filled with many great people and experiences. Most of my co-workers we enjoyable and fun to be around. We we all pretty much self starters since there were no supervisors at work until our shifts were almost half over. This enabled us to prove our capabilities and dependability to ourselves and others.
Aeronautical Research Excellence
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Stillwater OKJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: hours are adjustable to accommodate any schedule. pay is good for grad students.
Cons: health benefits are expensive for student wages.
As a research assistant the work is rewarding and the professors are excellent at guiding and mentoring. The Aerospace Engineering department continues to prove that it is one of the best places to earn a degree, and pushes the boundaries of UAV research.
Productive and fun environment
Intern - Public Relations (Former Employee), Stillwater, OKJanuary 5, 2015
My schedule was flexible due to school and I enjoyed my co-workers.
Excellent place to study and work
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Stillwater, OKDecember 29, 2014
Pros: good enviroment
Cons: there are no cons
Im in love with the univertisy, from the classrooms to the people. Its very nice to study and work there at the same time because poeple is very nice. It was a great experience living one year in that town cuase its all about the univeristy.
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Stillwater, OKDecember 23, 2014
OSU is a good place to work and people are nice. I am happy working here as a graduate research assitant. However, since I am graduating soon, I hope I could find some opportunity to work in industry.
Occupational Safety Program Manager
OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY PROGRAM MANAGER (Current Employee), Stillwater, OKDecember 9, 2014
Just not as active as my previous career in the United States of the Air Force.

Great place for a slower paced person. My experience is more of a fast pace and industrial atmosphere. Benefits and people are great.

Flexible schedule and great opportunities here.
Solid part-time job while going to school
Tele-Counselor (Former Employee), Stillwater, OKOctober 14, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: repetitive work
I worked in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. The typical shift consisted of calling many high school students and getting them to commit to campus recruiting events. This job helped me gain confidence on the phone and taught me a lot about how much a persistent positive attitude can really make a difference. Shifts were in the evening after school. Staff consisted of 10-12 Tele-Counselors and one manager who was awesome. The best part of the job is the flexible work hours because you pick when you work.
Productive and fun workplace, with a focus on service.
Computer Support Specialist (Former Employee), Stillwater, OKOctober 13, 2014
OSU was a great place to work. The environment was positive and really encouraged growth and personal development.

1 2 3 4 5