Oklahoma State University

Oklahoma State University Employee Reviews

Great Employer
Success Coach (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKSeptember 20, 2016
The LASSO department at OSU has a great future. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the University Students. The hardest part of the job is waiting for the University to decide to promote the LASSO department campus-wide.The coworkers are great at their jobs and dedicated to helping students. I learned a lot about coaching, and have been inspired to pursue my coaching certification.
Pros
Rewarding work
Cons
compensation is low
You must multi-task x 3
Sr. Admin. Support Assist (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKAugust 9, 2016
It is important to learn a little bit about each of the roles within the CSD Department, Speech Therapy and Audiology Clinic because your day will be filled with responsibilities with all of these areas. I was allowed to cross-train while I was in the Admin. Support position and see that it really worked best when everyone was able to assist each other to benefit the Department as a whole. The hardest part of the job was trying to do a little bit more than just your own job when the office was short-handed. The most enjoyable part of the job was being allowed to resolve issues as a team and allowed to provide feedback for overall improvement.
Cons
Several factors led to not being compensated as promised.
false promises made
Financial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKAugust 9, 2016
Was promised a raise after a year, instead they moved me to a complete different job site and added more work but no job raise. I then turned in my two weeks notice. On the plus side I really loved the people I worked with besides the management. Management had their favorites and there was no changing that.
Pros
did get a free lunch if you worked in dining services
Cons
management
Wonderful Staff and clients
Yoga Instructor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 12, 2016
The best, loved the compromising, and willingness for all staff and supervisors to learn. We all worked as team! Helpful in constructing working relations with all. One student has gone on to become an instructor herself!
Pros
Cons
I cannot think of any!
It will be interesting to work in this multicultureal organization and internationally recognized with lots of funs
Criminal Justice Instructor and a Research Fellow (Former Employee) –  OklahomaMay 18, 2016
It is a privilege to work is this organization and contribute my quota towards the achievement of the goals of this organization
Pros
The incentives such as free lunch, friendship networks etc serve as an attraction
Cons
However, the cold whether, long hours of working are the short comings for working in this institution
Great opportunity for a graduate student.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKAugust 15, 2016
It was a great place to work, with great people and valuable experience. You get an office and a computer, which you can use for your coursework. It's all located in a conventionally located building on campus.
Pros
Great staff/faculty, not difficult work.
Cons
Grading around finals can get hectic.
productive enviroment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKApril 26, 2016
Goals were made everyday. Most goals were achievable. Management was very helpful. The hardest part of the job is if funding is not there the job will not be there. When funding is short funding will not be there for both employees and projects alike. Most coworkers were with me were from many other countries. The most enjoyable part of the job was the meeting of the goals that were set and weekly meetings were made with all the assistants.
relaxed workplace with friendly staff and supervisors
meeting and conference service staff member (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKMay 24, 2016
They made it easy to know what to do and when to do it.
I learned communication skills between peers and coworkers.
Management was supportive and understanding of scheduling.
My co-workers were friendly and helpful.
setting up for groups of 100+ people
working with friendly people.
Great on-campus job, frequent departmental changes made it difficult to maintain constantly changing expectations.
Residential Advisor (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJune 22, 2016
My time at Oklahoma State University's Department of Residential Life as a Resident Advisor were some of the best years I had. It was fantastic for being involved on campus and within the community. With housing and a meal plan provided, it takes a huge financial burden off students. Coworkers on average were exceptional people. Management was a little rocky, as we changed supervisors quite often. I went through a different supervisor every year during my time there, and sometimes from semester to semester. The department is currently overhauling the program and began implementing new changes that clashed with previous policies, and was a challenge to accommodate.
Pros
on-campus housing paid, meal plan, great team
Cons
constantly changing policies, long hours, weekends on call
Great place for graduate school
Sociology Graduate Student (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKApril 19, 2016
Overall it was a great experience. Being in a small distant town freed me of distractions so that I could engage in meaningful research work. However, this also was frustrating at times, as there is not much to do with your free time other than going to a local bar. As far as school goes, I always had access to necessary resources, had a supportive and knowledgeable faculty, and had many opportunities to take advantage of in terms of adding to my CV.
Pros
Tuition waiver, stipend, supportive faculty
Cons
graduate school (time consuming and difficult)
Bad idea
Referee (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKAugust 5, 2016
Being a ref was easily my least favorite job. The players were very disrespectful, and the supervisors and managers were also, at times, extremely unprofessional. They only give people in their friend group raises or promotions.
Pros
Scheduled around my classes
Cons
Disrespectful coworkers and players
Lab experience
Lab assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKApril 27, 2016
I di not get paid to work in a microbiology lab, it was part of a scholarship I received from Oklahoma State University. I liked getting to assist in the lab because it gave me experience with lab techniques that I can use later in life. I recommend for any science major to work in a lab at some point during their college career.
Worked in a computer lab
Research assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJuly 2, 2016
I contacted various agencies about the availability of lake depth-temperature data. If they had data available then I would collected it and sort it into a standard format. Worked my own hours, when I had free time. Was very relaxed.
Not so bad
Microbiologist (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OklahomaJuly 30, 2016
This university has the good technical capacity. However, the management was not good. I learned how to work with anaerobic bacteria. I liked many co-workers but not all. My most enjoyable part of the job was scanning electron microscopy
Friendly work campus
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJune 25, 2016
It gives me some work experience that is different from what I'm used to and prepares me using a statistical strategy to do my experiments. People around are friendly and it is nice to have the gym for personal training.
Teaching is awesome.
Mineralogy Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKAugust 7, 2016
The students were amazing to work with. The professor you work under is good. However, the most challenging part was dealing with office politics.Teaching was just a small part of what I did.
The most enjoyable part of my job
Administrative Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKAugust 5, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job is the community at OSU. The broad range of people I interact with on a daily basis can not only be challenging but very rewarding.
Amazing Campus and Work experience
SCHOLARSHIP COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Okmulgee, OKMarch 15, 2016
OSU- Institute of Technology is the Applied Technology campus of Oklahoma State University System. Focus is on tangible skills in addition to theory in career oriented college degrees.
Pros
Positive culture, good working environment
Cons
High health care costs to employees, lower pay than private sector jobs
Great place to learn and pursure our dreams
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKAugust 2, 2016
It is the best place to identify their interests and to fulfill them. Oklahoma State University greatly helps us to start research in our area of interest.
Good
OSU Warehouse Clerk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OklahomaAugust 13, 2016
Making sure all things are organized for the day. Then get ready for ordering and reviving. Learned that different needs can be interpreted by different managers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oklahoma State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3