Oklahoma State University Employee Reviews in United States

Great place for graduate school
Sociology Graduate Student (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKApril 19, 2016
Overall it was a great experience. Being in a small distant town freed me of distractions so that I could engage in meaningful research work. However, this also was frustrating at times, as there is not much to do with your free time other than going to a local bar. As far as school goes, I always had access to necessary resources, had a supportive and knowledgeable faculty, and had many opportunities to take advantage of in terms of adding to my CV.
Pros
Tuition waiver, stipend, supportive faculty
Cons
graduate school (time consuming and difficult)
productive enviroment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKApril 26, 2016
Goals were made everyday. Most goals were achievable. Management was very helpful. The hardest part of the job is if funding is not there the job will not be there. When funding is short funding will not be there for both employees and projects alike. Most coworkers were with me were from many other countries. The most enjoyable part of the job was the meeting of the goals that were set and weekly meetings were made with all the assistants.
Amazing Campus and Work experience
SCHOLARSHIP COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Okmulgee, OKMarch 15, 2016
OSU- Institute of Technology is the Applied Technology campus of Oklahoma State University System. Focus is on tangible skills in addition to theory in career oriented college degrees.
Pros
Positive culture, good working environment
Cons
High health care costs to employees, lower pay than private sector jobs
Lab experience
Lab assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKApril 27, 2016
I di not get paid to work in a microbiology lab, it was part of a scholarship I received from Oklahoma State University. I liked getting to assist in the lab because it gave me experience with lab techniques that I can use later in life. I recommend for any science major to work in a lab at some point during their college career.
positive
Senior ETL Engineer (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKFebruary 15, 2016
The management is very supportive and understanding. Suggest the right skill set to consultants and help them finding projects quickly. Have many big clients from whom they get lots of job requirements. Very transparent when it comes to company policy and in terms of setting the right expectations for every employee.
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
Work Study is an amazing substitution
DATA ENTRY - OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT (Former Employee) –  Okmulgee, OKDecember 14, 2015
Work study is a real job but it is an amazing sub for working part time off campus. I worked with wonderful people, made friends, and they worked around my school schedule complete flexibility. My supervisor understood if i needed to take a day off for extra studying for finals but it was almost unnecessary as you can only work a max of 15 hours a week. I'm constantly looking out for more work study opportunities. I had to leave because the job i was doing, was done and they did not need a student worker anymore. I would go back in a heartbeat!
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
None!
Great place to utilize what I learned in the Fire Protection & Safety curriculum at OSU
Chemical Storeroom Operator (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKDecember 11, 2015
One skill that I have acquired while working for the OSU chemistry department is the ability to confront and utilize diversity. While working with professors and researchers with origins from all around the world, I have seen firsthand that there is always different ways to converge to a solution to a problem. Working with diversity in my future company's work climate will help me compile ideas from different backgrounds so that best possible solution can be implemented.
Great work environment and a good team
Graduate Research Assistant/Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKFebruary 3, 2016
Job was fulfilling with great exposure to challenging activities and tasks. The most enjoyable part of the job was the opportunity of working on new technologies and meeting new people.
Pros
Good support form superiors
Cons
Too much work to handle at times.
best job ever!
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 17, 2015
The quality care from the entire staff from clerical to clinical is second to none. Patients are top priority and the quality care is never compromised. The physicians, nurses, and surgical assistants go far above the call of duty as does the front office clerical staff. I would send family and friends here as I am confident they would receive the very best care.
Pros
The entire staff is wonderful and just like family
With osu
House keeper (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJanuary 6, 2016
I was a house cleaner for the OSU University I was there 2 years and I cleaned dorms, halls, stares, laundry and kitchen. my co-worker were great we all worked together, if one was done before time to go we would go help the others. I really liked worker there.
Pros
Most everythink
Cons
how some of the dorms looked after the student moved out
Diverse work place
Sponsored Students Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKFebruary 5, 2016
working at International Students and Scholars Office at Oklahoma State University is so much fun. You get to know more about other cultures and people from different countries. Furthermore, you will be with helpful co-workers and supervisors.
Good institute
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJanuary 20, 2016
Its a University in USA where research and teaching is done with all the facilities endowed with nice professors.
It has all the people from various parts of world like India, banglasesh, srilanka, africa. Not only studies, one will gain multi culture talent and skills.
Pros
ok
Cons
ok
Relaxed, quiet environement.
Nutrition Education Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKMarch 8, 2016
I was not micro-managed, which was great. Made my own, hour to hour schedule (still full-time). Made good friendships.
Pros
30 minute lunch break, make your own hour by hour schedule
Cons
Not a lot of work at first, building own clientelle
Loved working in this department
Student Assistant, Work Study Program (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKFebruary 29, 2016
This is the best university in the country, and I loved being a part of the Veterans team. We love helping veterans get their classes in order to make sure they apply to their degree.
typical work environment,with overly strict managment,and no benefits for student workers
Student Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKDecember 23, 2015
Fun, depending on managements mood, learned behavioral management, managers are not very knowledgeable, management does not take responsibility for mishaps, management expects students to know things that are not communicated, management puts most of responsibility on workers that are not prepared or trained. most co-workers are receptive, rude customers hard to deal with, enjoyable when everyone is happy and not stressed, hardest part of the job is when management restricts workers from interacting with each other. most enjoyable part of the job was when everyone is happy to see me and ask where I've been. also apart of the most enjoyable part of the job is when customers recongnize me from work on campus and come in to see me specifically when I'm at work
Pros
works around school schedule for hours
Cons
no benefits for student workers, very stern management when not needed
OSU Cowboy Dining is a great place to work.
Cowboy Dining (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OK 74077February 6, 2016
The best thing about this job I worked all the home football game and was able to watch the game in between breaks. I was a waiter, stocker, and team player.
Pros
I was able to watch the games in between breaks.
Dedicated to children
Medical Assistant/Referral Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 29, 2015
Colorful and relaxed work environment dedicated to serving children and their families. Learned many new skills such as tele-medicine practices and insurance practices. Pleasant management who are not afraid to get their hands into the action from changing a diaper to wiping noses and even cleaning the floors! Wonderful coworkers who are extremely professional. Hardest part was losing children to accidents or illness. Enjoyed the whole job overall, your child will be loved here!
Pros
Knowing you have made a difference, coworkers who work as a team
Cons
Seeing how many children live in poverty
Work place is enjoyable with great coworkers.
System Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJanuary 3, 2016
My primary job duties is to gather student spending habits (locations and dollars) and generate reports to my director so she can make decisions for future food habits for the students of O.S.U.
Loved working for OSU
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJanuary 10, 2016
I had wonderful managers and loved working for OSU. I received time off when my kids were out of School on Break. Pay was Ok but the benifits made up for it.
Pros
Hours, benifits, time off
Cons
No cons Loved working for OSU
Student Perspective
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKMarch 1, 2016
The bright orange campus brings up life in many international students who come all the way from their country .
I work as a graduate teaching assistant at Oklahoma State University.

4.4