Oklahoma State University Employee Reviews

Great Place to teach and learn and get ready for industry.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKFebruary 16, 2017
Great place to teach and learn and get ready for industry. Good work environment with lots of resources and friendly co-workers.
Good Research Atmosphere
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJanuary 25, 2017
working at Oklahoma state University is something that I have done basically the whole time I was a student. Within my department I was easily able to acquire a job as a research assistant. I would recommend this company.
An affordable and great school with all the required facilities
Research Assistant, Agricultural Economics (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJanuary 23, 2017
Great environment for learning with an excellent library, helpful graduate school and department (staff and faculty). The facilities helped greatly in conducting extensive literature reviews that finally helped in formulating research ideas that lead to research publications.
Beautiful campus and good people
PhD Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJanuary 20, 2017
There are many opportunities to improve your skills like leading, public speaking, independent research, professional writing, etc. The facilities for fitness are awesome. It has a very big center where you can build your muscle, exercise, play ball games, swimming, climbing, meeting new friends. The student union has invited speech, movies, food for student, but the food is a bit expensive. Commute services are good except for storm or cold day when no service is provided. Game season is a bit noisy especially at midnight if living near a play field. The home city Stillwater is small and quiet town where people are quite nice when you meet them. Great place for peaceful life.
Pros
Free food in university final exam weeks
Cons
Traffic jam during game day
great place to work
Wrestling Club Coach (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJanuary 11, 2017
great school to attend and they have a great atheletic department. Small town environment, fun atmosphere, positive.
Productive and a fun workplace to be.
Food server/ Chef (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJanuary 10, 2017
You clock in and then you start to head for your manager that is on duty. From there you are assign to cook or serve the food to the students and staff members of the University..
Safe, home-environment, and productive environment
My Father's House Foundation Intern (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJanuary 7, 2017
I love all of the experience, opportunities, and faculty at Oklahoma State University. It was an amazing time and the environment was always full of life and energy.
Pros
great education
Cons
Tuition
Good School
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJanuary 4, 2017
• Developed a probabilistic slope stability analysis which can assess the safe and economic design of different types of soil slopes.
• Evaluated effects of clay type and degree of softness on embankments and cut slopes that can lead to failures.
• Conducted different laboratory soil tests to determine physical and mechanical properties of soil.
• Developed equation from research results to obtain a rapid calculation of fully softened shear strength values from peak strength values and index properties.
• Tested soils and materials to determine the adequacy and strength of foundation, concrete and asphalt.
Horrible management
Assistant Dining Manager (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKDecember 29, 2016
The management that was there when I started made me grow to who I am today. New management came in and completely changed this. Made this such a negative place to work. I have never seen work morale so bad. Completely sad..
Busy and productive
Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKDecember 28, 2016
It was a fairly easy job. You just make sure people are parked in the right place on game day, which can be difficult because there are so many people walking around.
Cons
short lunch breaks
Poor management
Assistant Athletic Field Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKDecember 27, 2016
Supervisor had zero management experience as well as no time management so working there was not fun. Was always working holidays and days off because of him.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no advancement
Great learning experience
Public Safety Department Secretary (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 22, 2016
Enjoyed working with students and seeing them grow in their careers in public safety. Enjoyed working with Professionals in the business and getting a hands on approach to higher education.
diversity
Business Affairs Representative OSU Tulsa and CHS (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK 74106December 14, 2016
working with mail, shipping and receiving, inventory and customer service, assistant to supervisor. Working with vendors and students as well as staff and faculty. Excellent in all facets of former position.
benefits
Cons
no comp time for former dept
good balance, friendly staff
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKDecember 7, 2016
Oklahoma State is a wonderful place to seek employment. The culture at OSU is a family. There are plenty of opportunities for professional development and advancement.
Pros
good job work/life work balance, professional development
Cons
great benefits, low salary comparatively
Family like and friendly atmosphere with amazing benefits.
Food Prep Aid/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKDecember 2, 2016
I absolutely loved working at OSU, it was always so lively and my co-workers were wonderful. OSU had amazing benefits and they truly cared about their employees. I love cooking and prepping, and I worked on a food truck where I cooked tex mex type food.
Pros
Free lunches, great benefits, friendly crew
Great School
Research/Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKNovember 25, 2016
Enjoyed my time there. Received an excellent education. Highly regarded. Will benefit anyone that attends the university.
Great environment to learn and help other students succeed
GRADUATE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OK 74075November 3, 2016
My experience at OSU was exceptional. I was able to study and tutor students at the same time while being paid, so I didn't have to work and spend all of my time waiting tables.
Pros
Flexible work schedule and great people to work with
Cons
Not a lot of pay, but enough when combined with students loans.
Great Place to work
FINANCIAL ASSISTANT II (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKOctober 28, 2016
Enjoyed my time working for the Mailing Service Department at Oklahoma State University, had opportunity to move up. Made some life long friends while working there was a good working atmosphere. Management was good was there when you needed them. Some of the more enjoyable things of my job was it was a relaxed atmosphere not a lot of pressure.
Pros
Benefits & Atmosphere
Cons
Partically by some management
It is very fun and pleasant to work in OSU
Student Employee (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKOctober 22, 2016
-- I work 3-4 days per week. 20 hours a week.
-- My day will be very effective.
-- I have learned how to manage my time for classes, part time job.
-- The management is very friendly.
As a Student Researcher, not much to say.
Student Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKOctober 13, 2016
Not a typical job. Was paid to basically do school work, researching oil and natural gas data, employment data, job sector data, and income data among other data sources. I compiled data in sheets and produced different graphs and plots. I also calculated correlations between data sets and trend lines. I worked by myself and my work was compiled in a larger report about hydraulic fracturing.
Pros
Data processing experience
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oklahoma State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4