Oklahoma State University

Oklahoma State University Employee Reviews in United States

It will be interesting to work in this multicultureal organization and internationally recognized with lots of funs
Criminal Justice Instructor and a Research Fellow (Former Employee) –  OklahomaMay 18, 2016
It is a privilege to work is this organization and contribute my quota towards the achievement of the goals of this organization
Pros
The incentives such as free lunch, friendship networks etc serve as an attraction
Cons
However, the cold whether, long hours of working are the short comings for working in this institution
productive enviroment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKApril 26, 2016
Goals were made everyday. Most goals were achievable. Management was very helpful. The hardest part of the job is if funding is not there the job will not be there. When funding is short funding will not be there for both employees and projects alike. Most coworkers were with me were from many other countries. The most enjoyable part of the job was the meeting of the goals that were set and weekly meetings were made with all the assistants.
Great place for graduate school
Sociology Graduate Student (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKApril 19, 2016
Overall it was a great experience. Being in a small distant town freed me of distractions so that I could engage in meaningful research work. However, this also was frustrating at times, as there is not much to do with your free time other than going to a local bar. As far as school goes, I always had access to necessary resources, had a supportive and knowledgeable faculty, and had many opportunities to take advantage of in terms of adding to my CV.
Pros
Tuition waiver, stipend, supportive faculty
Cons
graduate school (time consuming and difficult)
Wonderful Staff and clients
Yoga Instructor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 12, 2016
The best, loved the compromising, and willingness for all staff and supervisors to learn. We all worked as team! Helpful in constructing working relations with all. One student has gone on to become an instructor herself!
Pros
Cons
I cannot think of any!
relaxed workplace with friendly staff and supervisors
meeting and conference service staff member (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKMay 24, 2016
They made it easy to know what to do and when to do it.
I learned communication skills between peers and coworkers.
Management was supportive and understanding of scheduling.
My co-workers were friendly and helpful.
setting up for groups of 100+ people
working with friendly people.
Great on-campus job, frequent departmental changes made it difficult to maintain constantly changing expectations.
Residential Advisor (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJune 22, 2016
My time at Oklahoma State University's Department of Residential Life as a Resident Advisor were some of the best years I had. It was fantastic for being involved on campus and within the community. With housing and a meal plan provided, it takes a huge financial burden off students. Coworkers on average were exceptional people. Management was a little rocky, as we changed supervisors quite often. I went through a different supervisor every year during my time there, and sometimes from semester to semester. The department is currently overhauling the program and began implementing new changes that clashed with previous policies, and was a challenge to accommodate.
Pros
on-campus housing paid, meal plan, great team
Cons
constantly changing policies, long hours, weekends on call
Lab experience
Lab assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKApril 27, 2016
I di not get paid to work in a microbiology lab, it was part of a scholarship I received from Oklahoma State University. I liked getting to assist in the lab because it gave me experience with lab techniques that I can use later in life. I recommend for any science major to work in a lab at some point during their college career.
Amazing Campus and Work experience
SCHOLARSHIP COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Okmulgee, OKMarch 15, 2016
OSU- Institute of Technology is the Applied Technology campus of Oklahoma State University System. Focus is on tangible skills in addition to theory in career oriented college degrees.
Pros
Positive culture, good working environment
Cons
High health care costs to employees, lower pay than private sector jobs
Worked in a computer lab
Research assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJuly 2, 2016
I contacted various agencies about the availability of lake depth-temperature data. If they had data available then I would collected it and sort it into a standard format. Worked my own hours, when I had free time. Was very relaxed.
positive
Senior ETL Engineer (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKFebruary 15, 2016
The management is very supportive and understanding. Suggest the right skill set to consultants and help them finding projects quickly. Have many big clients from whom they get lots of job requirements. Very transparent when it comes to company policy and in terms of setting the right expectations for every employee.
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
Friendly work campus
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJune 25, 2016
It gives me some work experience that is different from what I'm used to and prepares me using a statistical strategy to do my experiments. People around are friendly and it is nice to have the gym for personal training.
Great work environment and a good team
Graduate Research Assistant/Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKFebruary 3, 2016
Job was fulfilling with great exposure to challenging activities and tasks. The most enjoyable part of the job was the opportunity of working on new technologies and meeting new people.
Pros
Good support form superiors
Cons
Too much work to handle at times.
Work Study is an amazing substitution
DATA ENTRY - OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT (Former Employee) –  Okmulgee, OKDecember 14, 2015
Work study is a real job but it is an amazing sub for working part time off campus. I worked with wonderful people, made friends, and they worked around my school schedule complete flexibility. My supervisor understood if i needed to take a day off for extra studying for finals but it was almost unnecessary as you can only work a max of 15 hours a week. I'm constantly looking out for more work study opportunities. I had to leave because the job i was doing, was done and they did not need a student worker anymore. I would go back in a heartbeat!
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
None!
Relaxed, quiet environement.
Nutrition Education Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKMarch 8, 2016
I was not micro-managed, which was great. Made my own, hour to hour schedule (still full-time). Made good friendships.
Pros
30 minute lunch break, make your own hour by hour schedule
Cons
Not a lot of work at first, building own clientelle
Great place to utilize what I learned in the Fire Protection & Safety curriculum at OSU
Chemical Storeroom Operator (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKDecember 11, 2015
One skill that I have acquired while working for the OSU chemistry department is the ability to confront and utilize diversity. While working with professors and researchers with origins from all around the world, I have seen firsthand that there is always different ways to converge to a solution to a problem. Working with diversity in my future company's work climate will help me compile ideas from different backgrounds so that best possible solution can be implemented.
Diverse work place
Sponsored Students Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKFebruary 5, 2016
working at International Students and Scholars Office at Oklahoma State University is so much fun. You get to know more about other cultures and people from different countries. Furthermore, you will be with helpful co-workers and supervisors.
With osu
House keeper (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJanuary 6, 2016
I was a house cleaner for the OSU University I was there 2 years and I cleaned dorms, halls, stares, laundry and kitchen. my co-worker were great we all worked together, if one was done before time to go we would go help the others. I really liked worker there.
Pros
Most everythink
Cons
how some of the dorms looked after the student moved out
Good institute
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJanuary 20, 2016
Its a University in USA where research and teaching is done with all the facilities endowed with nice professors.
It has all the people from various parts of world like India, banglasesh, srilanka, africa. Not only studies, one will gain multi culture talent and skills.
Pros
ok
Cons
ok
Productive and fun workplace
Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 28, 2016
The hardest part of the job is meeting daily quotas due to the fact that we have a slow moving system. Management is awesome!
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Slow system
great
Weekend Overnight Large Animal ICU Tech (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKMay 10, 2016
This is a great place to work, You get the opportunity to meet a large number of people from many back grounds which increases you culture palate in my opinion.

4.4