Oklahoma State University Employee Reviews

Good School
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJanuary 4, 2017
• Developed a probabilistic slope stability analysis which can assess the safe and economic design of different types of soil slopes.
• Evaluated effects of clay type and degree of softness on embankments and cut slopes that can lead to failures.
• Conducted different laboratory soil tests to determine physical and mechanical properties of soil.
• Developed equation from research results to obtain a rapid calculation of fully softened shear strength values from peak strength values and index properties.
• Tested soils and materials to determine the adequacy and strength of foundation, concrete and asphalt.
Beautiful campus and good people
PhD Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJanuary 20, 2017
There are many opportunities to improve your skills like leading, public speaking, independent research, professional writing, etc. The facilities for fitness are awesome. It has a very big center where you can build your muscle, exercise, play ball games, swimming, climbing, meeting new friends. The student union has invited speech, movies, food for student, but the food is a bit expensive. Commute services are good except for storm or cold day when no service is provided. Game season is a bit noisy especially at midnight if living near a play field. The home city Stillwater is small and quiet town where people are quite nice when you meet them. Great place for peaceful life.
Pros
Free food in university final exam weeks
Cons
Traffic jam during game day
An affordable and great school with all the required facilities
Research Assistant, Agricultural Economics (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJanuary 23, 2017
Great environment for learning with an excellent library, helpful graduate school and department (staff and faculty). The facilities helped greatly in conducting extensive literature reviews that finally helped in formulating research ideas that lead to research publications.
Great Place to work
FINANCIAL ASSISTANT II (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKOctober 28, 2016
Enjoyed my time working for the Mailing Service Department at Oklahoma State University, had opportunity to move up. Made some life long friends while working there was a good working atmosphere. Management was good was there when you needed them. Some of the more enjoyable things of my job was it was a relaxed atmosphere not a lot of pressure.
Pros
Benefits & Atmosphere
Cons
Partically by some management
Family like and friendly atmosphere with amazing benefits.
Food Prep Aid/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKDecember 2, 2016
I absolutely loved working at OSU, it was always so lively and my co-workers were wonderful. OSU had amazing benefits and they truly cared about their employees. I love cooking and prepping, and I worked on a food truck where I cooked tex mex type food.
Pros
Free lunches, great benefits, friendly crew
As a Student Researcher, not much to say.
Student Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKOctober 13, 2016
Not a typical job. Was paid to basically do school work, researching oil and natural gas data, employment data, job sector data, and income data among other data sources. I compiled data in sheets and produced different graphs and plots. I also calculated correlations between data sets and trend lines. I worked by myself and my work was compiled in a larger report about hydraulic fracturing.
Pros
Data processing experience
Cons
It was a great place to work and we have great Manager
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKOctober 10, 2016
• Prioritize and manage ongoing support for meetings, events, quarterly professional development trainings.
• Scheduling the meetings for the clients and also gathering their information.
• Proficient in Pivots, VLOOKUP’s and all the functions in Microsoft EXCEL.
• Provided professional environment and organized support for school administration and managed group of students in all daily administrative duties, meetings, trainings, and external/internal communications.
Overall were very good expeiences
Doctoral Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKOctober 6, 2016
For my work with the Egyptian Ministry of Health,
I worked as a physician at a rural unit. A typical day was seeing out patients, prescribe medications, authorize vaccinations and other preventive measurements.
Seeing patients taught me about the disease, treatments and most importantly about the living conditions of people of the village.
I oversaw about 8 coworkers who taught me a lot about the village and people. They show high level of cooperation in choosing tasks according to each one resources.
The hardest part was when you don't have the medicine to give.
The most enjoyable part is to see a smile of satisfaction from the patients.
Pros
bounces for the extra night shifts
Cons
Salary and work load were not proportional
Position of influence over bright young minds
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKSeptember 24, 2016
A typical day at work involves meeting with the Professor under whom I work. The meeting involves the discussion of the day's itinerary along with topic of discussion at the lecture. Then assignment for the week needs to be created using MS Project. Previous week's assignments also need to be graded. The hardest part of the job is grading as it involves some harsh grading for the student's improvement. The best part is the fact that I get to interact with students everyday and help them out with their coursework, which kind of feels like a great responsibility.
Pros
Honor of being a teaching assistant
Great environment to learn and help other students succeed
GRADUATE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OK 74075November 3, 2016
My experience at OSU was exceptional. I was able to study and tutor students at the same time while being paid, so I didn't have to work and spend all of my time waiting tables.
Pros
Flexible work schedule and great people to work with
Cons
Not a lot of pay, but enough when combined with students loans.

Want to know more about Oklahoma State University?

Ask a question
good balance, friendly staff
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKDecember 7, 2016
Oklahoma State is a wonderful place to seek employment. The culture at OSU is a family. There are plenty of opportunities for professional development and advancement.
Pros
good job work/life work balance, professional development
Cons
great benefits, low salary comparatively
Great Employer
Success Coach (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKSeptember 20, 2016
The LASSO department at OSU has a great future. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the University Students. The hardest part of the job is waiting for the University to decide to promote the LASSO department campus-wide.The coworkers are great at their jobs and dedicated to helping students. I learned a lot about coaching, and have been inspired to pursue my coaching certification.
Pros
Rewarding work
Cons
compensation is low
diversity
Business Affairs Representative OSU Tulsa and CHS (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK 74106December 14, 2016
working with mail, shipping and receiving, inventory and customer service, assistant to supervisor. Working with vendors and students as well as staff and faculty. Excellent in all facets of former position.
benefits
Cons
no comp time for former dept
Good Research Atmosphere
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJanuary 25, 2017
working at Oklahoma state University is something that I have done basically the whole time I was a student. Within my department I was easily able to acquire a job as a research assistant. I would recommend this company.
Safe, home-environment, and productive environment
My Father's House Foundation Intern (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJanuary 7, 2017
I love all of the experience, opportunities, and faculty at Oklahoma State University. It was an amazing time and the environment was always full of life and energy.
Pros
great education
Cons
Tuition
Horrible management
Assistant Dining Manager (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKDecember 29, 2016
The management that was there when I started made me grow to who I am today. New management came in and completely changed this. Made this such a negative place to work. I have never seen work morale so bad. Completely sad..
You must multi-task x 3
Sr. Admin. Support Assist (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKAugust 9, 2016
It is important to learn a little bit about each of the roles within the CSD Department, Speech Therapy and Audiology Clinic because your day will be filled with responsibilities with all of these areas. I was allowed to cross-train while I was in the Admin. Support position and see that it really worked best when everyone was able to assist each other to benefit the Department as a whole. The hardest part of the job was trying to do a little bit more than just your own job when the office was short-handed. The most enjoyable part of the job was being allowed to resolve issues as a team and allowed to provide feedback for overall improvement.
Cons
Several factors led to not being compensated as promised.
Great learning experience
Public Safety Department Secretary (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 22, 2016
Enjoyed working with students and seeing them grow in their careers in public safety. Enjoyed working with Professionals in the business and getting a hands on approach to higher education.
Poor management
Assistant Athletic Field Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKDecember 27, 2016
Supervisor had zero management experience as well as no time management so working there was not fun. Was always working holidays and days off because of him.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no advancement
false promises made
Financial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKAugust 9, 2016
Was promised a raise after a year, instead they moved me to a complete different job site and added more work but no job raise. I then turned in my two weeks notice. On the plus side I really loved the people I worked with besides the management. Management had their favorites and there was no changing that.
Pros
did get a free lunch if you worked in dining services
Cons
management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oklahoma State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4