Oklahoma State University

Oklahoma State University Employee Reviews in United States

Wonderful Staff and clients
Yoga Instructor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 12, 2016
The best, loved the compromising, and willingness for all staff and supervisors to learn. We all worked as team! Helpful in constructing working relations with all. One student has gone on to become an instructor herself!
Pros
Cons
I cannot think of any!
Worked in a computer lab
Research assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJuly 2, 2016
I contacted various agencies about the availability of lake depth-temperature data. If they had data available then I would collected it and sort it into a standard format. Worked my own hours, when I had free time. Was very relaxed.
Productive and fun workplace
Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 28, 2016
The hardest part of the job is meeting daily quotas due to the fact that we have a slow moving system. Management is awesome!
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Slow system
Friendly work campus
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJune 25, 2016
It gives me some work experience that is different from what I'm used to and prepares me using a statistical strategy to do my experiments. People around are friendly and it is nice to have the gym for personal training.
Great on-campus job, frequent departmental changes made it difficult to maintain constantly changing expectations.
Residential Advisor (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJune 22, 2016
My time at Oklahoma State University's Department of Residential Life as a Resident Advisor were some of the best years I had. It was fantastic for being involved on campus and within the community. With housing and a meal plan provided, it takes a huge financial burden off students. Coworkers on average were exceptional people. Management was a little rocky, as we changed supervisors quite often. I went through a different supervisor every year during my time there, and sometimes from semester to semester. The department is currently overhauling the program and began implementing new changes that clashed with previous policies, and was a challenge to accommodate.
Pros
on-campus housing paid, meal plan, great team
Cons
constantly changing policies, long hours, weekends on call
Awesome university town
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJune 19, 2016
Small and friendly town with bundle of social activities around the campus

Excellent facilities for students

Friendly staff
relaxed workplace with friendly staff and supervisors
meeting and conference service staff member (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKMay 24, 2016
They made it easy to know what to do and when to do it.
I learned communication skills between peers and coworkers.
Management was supportive and understanding of scheduling.
My co-workers were friendly and helpful.
setting up for groups of 100+ people
working with friendly people.
It will be interesting to work in this multicultureal organization and internationally recognized with lots of funs
Criminal Justice Instructor and a Research Fellow (Former Employee) –  OklahomaMay 18, 2016
It is a privilege to work is this organization and contribute my quota towards the achievement of the goals of this organization
Pros
The incentives such as free lunch, friendship networks etc serve as an attraction
Cons
However, the cold whether, long hours of working are the short comings for working in this institution
great
Weekend Overnight Large Animal ICU Tech (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKMay 10, 2016
This is a great place to work, You get the opportunity to meet a large number of people from many back grounds which increases you culture palate in my opinion.
Lab experience
Lab assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKApril 27, 2016
I di not get paid to work in a microbiology lab, it was part of a scholarship I received from Oklahoma State University. I liked getting to assist in the lab because it gave me experience with lab techniques that I can use later in life. I recommend for any science major to work in a lab at some point during their college career.

Want to know more about Oklahoma State University?

Ask a question
productive enviroment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKApril 26, 2016
Goals were made everyday. Most goals were achievable. Management was very helpful. The hardest part of the job is if funding is not there the job will not be there. When funding is short funding will not be there for both employees and projects alike. Most coworkers were with me were from many other countries. The most enjoyable part of the job was the meeting of the goals that were set and weekly meetings were made with all the assistants.
Good Opportunity
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKApril 22, 2016
Most work is grading and office hours for students except for Introduction to computer programming where lab sessions are to be conducted.
Great place for graduate school
Sociology Graduate Student (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKApril 19, 2016
Overall it was a great experience. Being in a small distant town freed me of distractions so that I could engage in meaningful research work. However, this also was frustrating at times, as there is not much to do with your free time other than going to a local bar. As far as school goes, I always had access to necessary resources, had a supportive and knowledgeable faculty, and had many opportunities to take advantage of in terms of adding to my CV.
Pros
Tuition waiver, stipend, supportive faculty
Cons
graduate school (time consuming and difficult)
My job is a part time job with 20 hours work for a week.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKApril 6, 2016
I found this job very helpful to learn and future advance my career.
My typical wrok include giving lectures and grading assignments.
Amazing Campus and Work experience
SCHOLARSHIP COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Okmulgee, OKMarch 15, 2016
OSU- Institute of Technology is the Applied Technology campus of Oklahoma State University System. Focus is on tangible skills in addition to theory in career oriented college degrees.
Pros
Positive culture, good working environment
Cons
High health care costs to employees, lower pay than private sector jobs
Relaxed, quiet environement.
Nutrition Education Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKMarch 8, 2016
I was not micro-managed, which was great. Made my own, hour to hour schedule (still full-time). Made good friendships.
Pros
30 minute lunch break, make your own hour by hour schedule
Cons
Not a lot of work at first, building own clientelle
Focused on helping students to their best
Student Tutor (Current Employee) –  Okmulgee, OKMarch 7, 2016
Family-like atmosphere, opportunity to grow and learn, friendly staff who are always willing to help, benefits for full-time employees
Summary
Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 6, 2016
Never worked here, not sure why this is showing up, i have tried to take it down but it keeps on popping up, my apologizes. i have to have 20 words minimum
Student Perspective
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKMarch 1, 2016
The bright orange campus brings up life in many international students who come all the way from their country .
I work as a graduate teaching assistant at Oklahoma State University.
Loved working in this department
Student Assistant, Work Study Program (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKFebruary 29, 2016
This is the best university in the country, and I loved being a part of the Veterans team. We love helping veterans get their classes in order to make sure they apply to their degree.

4.4