Oklahoma State University Employee Reviews

OSU Cowboy Dining is a great place to work.
Cowboy Dining (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OK 74077February 6, 2016
The best thing about this job I worked all the home football game and was able to watch the game in between breaks. I was a waiter, stocker, and team player.
Pros
I was able to watch the games in between breaks.
Diverse work place
Sponsored Students Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKFebruary 5, 2016
working at International Students and Scholars Office at Oklahoma State University is so much fun. You get to know more about other cultures and people from different countries. Furthermore, you will be with helpful co-workers and supervisors.
Great work environment and a good team
Graduate Research Assistant/Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKFebruary 3, 2016
Job was fulfilling with great exposure to challenging activities and tasks. The most enjoyable part of the job was the opportunity of working on new technologies and meeting new people.
Pros
Good support form superiors
Cons
Too much work to handle at times.
Dynamic environment
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJanuary 30, 2016
Working with professors helps me in putting what I have learned into practice. Those hands-on experience strengthen my insight view of customer behavior in USA.
Good institute
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJanuary 20, 2016
Its a University in USA where research and teaching is done with all the facilities endowed with nice professors.
It has all the people from various parts of world like India, banglasesh, srilanka, africa. Not only studies, one will gain multi culture talent and skills.
Pros
ok
Cons
ok
Loved working for OSU
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJanuary 10, 2016
I had wonderful managers and loved working for OSU. I received time off when my kids were out of School on Break. Pay was Ok but the benifits made up for it.
Pros
Hours, benifits, time off
Cons
No cons Loved working for OSU
Enjoyed the classwork
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJanuary 10, 2016
Disagreement with department head caused me to lose hours of classroom teaching until it was no longer profitable to work.
Pros
location
Cons
university politics
Good place for an education
research assistant (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJanuary 7, 2016
Good place to work as a graduate student but the pay is low compared to other programs. The cost of living in Stillwater is on the high side as well
With osu
House keeper (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJanuary 6, 2016
I was a house cleaner for the OSU University I was there 2 years and I cleaned dorms, halls, stares, laundry and kitchen. my co-worker were great we all worked together, if one was done before time to go we would go help the others. I really liked worker there.
Pros
Most everythink
Cons
how some of the dorms looked after the student moved out
Good Internship Experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJanuary 5, 2016
I wrote a computer program under the supervision of a professor. I learned a great deal about programming and data analysis.
Pros
Enjoyable work
Cons
Only allowed 10 hours per week
Work place is enjoyable with great coworkers.
System Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJanuary 3, 2016
My primary job duties is to gather student spending habits (locations and dollars) and generate reports to my director so she can make decisions for future food habits for the students of O.S.U.
typical work environment,with overly strict managment,and no benefits for student workers
Student Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKDecember 23, 2015
Fun, depending on managements mood, learned behavioral management, managers are not very knowledgeable, management does not take responsibility for mishaps, management expects students to know things that are not communicated, management puts most of responsibility on workers that are not prepared or trained. most co-workers are receptive, rude customers hard to deal with, enjoyable when everyone is happy and not stressed, hardest part of the job is when management restricts workers from interacting with each other. most enjoyable part of the job was when everyone is happy to see me and ask where I've been. also apart of the most enjoyable part of the job is when customers recongnize me from work on campus and come in to see me specifically when I'm at work
Pros
works around school schedule for hours
Cons
no benefits for student workers, very stern management when not needed
Work Study is an amazing substitution
DATA ENTRY - OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT (Former Employee) –  Okmulgee, OKDecember 14, 2015
Work study is a real job but it is an amazing sub for working part time off campus. I worked with wonderful people, made friends, and they worked around my school schedule complete flexibility. My supervisor understood if i needed to take a day off for extra studying for finals but it was almost unnecessary as you can only work a max of 15 hours a week. I'm constantly looking out for more work study opportunities. I had to leave because the job i was doing, was done and they did not need a student worker anymore. I would go back in a heartbeat!
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
None!
Great place to utilize what I learned in the Fire Protection & Safety curriculum at OSU
Chemical Storeroom Operator (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKDecember 11, 2015
One skill that I have acquired while working for the OSU chemistry department is the ability to confront and utilize diversity. While working with professors and researchers with origins from all around the world, I have seen firsthand that there is always different ways to converge to a solution to a problem. Working with diversity in my future company's work climate will help me compile ideas from different backgrounds so that best possible solution can be implemented.
Easy
Desktop Support (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKDecember 7, 2015
This was work study job for me so the hours we're very flexible and the work was easy! At time there wasn't much work to be done so it made for a boring day but overall it was easy and very laid back.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not enough hours
best job ever!
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 17, 2015
The quality care from the entire staff from clerical to clinical is second to none. Patients are top priority and the quality care is never compromised. The physicians, nurses, and surgical assistants go far above the call of duty as does the front office clerical staff. I would send family and friends here as I am confident they would receive the very best care.
Pros
The entire staff is wonderful and just like family
Fun work place
Cowboy Dining (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKNovember 14, 2015
I really enjoyed working as a suite attendant for the football games. I got to meet really great people while building up my network profile with some of Stillwaters biggest money supporters and their families.
Pros
Free buffet food
Cons
good place, decent pay, flexible schedule
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKOctober 31, 2015
Overall, it is a good university to be working for. Decent pay (for student standards). Flexible schedule and interesting projects.
Pros
interesting job, experience
Cons
no benefits for student GRAs
Perfect Job for On Campus Students
Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKOctober 21, 2015
If you want to work on campus, look no further than this position. Being a Residential Assistant is a tough, but probably one of the most rewarding jobs for a college student.
Good place to study and work
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKOctober 13, 2015
Good place to study and work. It is located in college town so, the town is buzzing. the cost of living is cheap and affordable.

4.4