Oklahoma State University Employee Reviews

Not really for me to say
Graduate Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKAugust 9, 2017
I was a graduate teaching assistant. I operated in this capacity as a part of my graduate education. Because of this, I do not think that I am really in a place to speak for permanent employees.
Pros
I enjoyed what I did.
Cons
ehhh
Fast paced, lots of data entry
Certified Medical Assistant/chart abstractor (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 7, 2017
I loved this job. It was however through a temp service with no full time openings once job assignments were completed. Transferring all paper files via data entry in to the new electronic medical records. I enjoyed to attention to detail at this job and the data entry of organizing and grouping patient information in to the electronic medical records and would have loved to stay there permanently. I enjoyed my coworkers even though we were pretty silent while working, we were able to take breaks as needed, go for walks with coworkers, breaks, lunch etc
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Temp job
Very Exclusive
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKAugust 4, 2017
I worked at OSU in a temporary capacity. Unfortunately, after my time ended, I was not able to find permanent employment there. Subsequent attempts to get a job there proved impossible. The employees hiring were engaged in finding people "like them". For a university devoted to diversity, I found them to be exclusive and "clubbish".
Pros
Working in academia
Cons
Being treated as an outsider.
Opportunity for income and supervisory experience
PT ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJuly 31, 2017
Was a good opportunity to counsel and supervise education majors in a practicum setting with children from the community. Was able to get reduction of my college tuition!
its a toss up
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 20, 2017
with this company it depends on management how tight this ship is ran, and if management is close friends with the staff depends on the outcome here. the older staffers are great.
Review Summary
Front Office receptionist (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJuly 18, 2017
As a student worker, I was able to work hourly and part time to help compensate student and study expenses the hours varied and accommodated my academic scheduled. The culture of the theatre department was in revolution with many positions changing. The students contributed to a majority of negativity in the department due to a lack of cooperation, immaturity and an inability to adapt to change.

The change in educators at the time proposed a problem for students and staff to build relationships and to network outside of the University.
Pros
Worked closely with Theatre Department, flexible hours
Cons
Simple work that could be mind numbing
Great school place to work and study
RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJuly 15, 2017
A very remote place where you can dedicate yourself to studies and work. Professionals. The laboratory is quite advanced. The school is invesing in science every year.
Office Internship (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OK 74078July 5, 2017
It was an office job, all I did was make copies of paperwork and sit at a desk all day. I was able to do my classwork or take any tests while I was there.
Pros
laid back
Cons
got boring
Osu!
IT Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Student UnionJuly 5, 2017
Actually, not one of the worse jobs i've ever had. Policies are a bit confusing at this place because each department has their own. Otherwise i love working with all of the students. And it is a good job.
Research Assiant for a Doctoral Student
Undergraduate Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJune 29, 2017
This was my summer Internship, I enjoyed my experience and the opportunity to work with so many knowledgeable people from around the world. A typically work day began at one in the morning to beat the heat. I gain so many knowledge and skills that kept me wanting to pursue my degree even more. I had a very understandable supervisor and she helped in many ways as possible.
Pros
The experience
Cons
Leaving
Flexible and productive environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJune 29, 2017
Flexible and productive environment
Great work environment
Good work and life balance
Mentors for both technical and professional issues on team
Overall a great place to work at!
I feel my programs have made a difference.
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  OklahomaJune 29, 2017
My position was grant funded and the grant was not renewed. It was a federal grant. I thoroughly enjoy working with the children in the schools where I conduct the lessons.
fun campus
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJune 29, 2017
Campus life is best in fall semister but becomes a zombie land in spring semister. Best launchpad for international students with low maintenance place and still very near to dallas.
Everyone is kind and supportive
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJune 29, 2017
The people is very kind to each other and the community always make you feel immersed in the culture. Facilities and services are exceptional. Management is effective and good at performing. The place overall is a great place to work in.
Too cheap for IT
IT Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJune 27, 2017
Can't spend money on having useful IT. Takes shotty half measures to get by but dumps funding into a failing marketing regime that shows less than national average of student growth for Universities.
Pros
Cons
many
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJune 24, 2017
Pros
Best Insurance Ever,Great Company,401K,Profit Sharing,Feels like you are working with your Family. Overall a Awesome Place to work.
Cons
Really didn't have any cons to speak of.
Advice to Management
Upper Management needs to listen to there employee's when there is a problem with someone in Management.
Productive and fun
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Okmulgee, OKJune 23, 2017
A fun job where you get to meet new people while serving food. As well as learn how to prepare some of the food. Hardest part of this job would have to be cleaning the grease traps.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Lose your weekdays or weekends
Challenging yet very interesting position to work
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJune 23, 2017
I have learned a lot of things in the field of Electromagnetic while working as a Research Assistant. Very innovative environment which pushed my capability of research while learning various aspects of it
I working for OSU
Computer Technician Deskside Support (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJune 20, 2017
Great people, environment and benefits. I have worked for OSU for over a year in that time I have become a part of the OSU family. I am proud to work here. I handle walk-ins from students faculty and staff assisting them with diagnosing hardware, troubleshooting and resolving software issues, scan for and remove malware, etc. I enjoy the people that I work with we all get along well and have a no stress work environment.
Pros
Great environment and people
Cons
Haven't found one yet.
The people we nice
Parking Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJune 19, 2017
Embassy was a great place to work and be a part of a great team. I learned a lot about the culture of working with a diverse group of people and really feel like I have achieved my personal goals while there.