Oklahoma State University Employee Reviews

Great environment
Research Laboratory Intern (Former Employee) –  Upton, NYMarch 22, 2017
My time as a research assistant at Oklahoma State was immensely rewarding. Colleagues and amenities were top notch, overall I would highly recommend working at this establishment.
Great place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 18, 2017
Loved working here. Great place. Would go back in a heartbeat. not much else to say. I still have to keep typing. this is ridiculous. Almost there. Yes!
Scholarships and Financial Aid - Not the best department on campus
Data Examination Clerk (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKMarch 13, 2017
The work environment was hostile in Scholarships and Financial Aid. The management was VERY difficult to work with. The turnover rate was extremely high in my area of data examination.
I have worked in other departments on campus at Oklahoma State University and loved the environment and work. Scholarships and Financial Aid just was not one of those departments that fits many people under the management that was there when I was there.
Pros
I got out of there
Cons
Everything about Scholarships and Financial Aid
Office is structured and runs efficiently,
Administrative Support Assistant II (Current Employee) –  CEAT/Engineering CollegeMarch 3, 2017
Each morning I prepare the office for business, and for the work day. First on the list is emails, checking the prospects list, and schedule conference rooms. Always double checking all flowcharts. Maintain paper and electronic filing systems for records and messages. Operate fax machines, phone systems, and other office equipment. Work with spreadsheet, word processing, and database. Maintain the purchasing card with updating transactions, sign off on transactions, and preparing report for sign off. Our office is a positive workplace. I enjoy working with all the staff, and will continue to help all with my administrative assistant abilities.
Pros
Monthly Birthday potluck lunches
Cons
not enough time in a day
Great Place to teach and learn and get ready for industry.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKFebruary 16, 2017
Great place to teach and learn and get ready for industry. Good work environment with lots of resources and friendly co-workers.
Good Research Atmosphere
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJanuary 25, 2017
working at Oklahoma state University is something that I have done basically the whole time I was a student. Within my department I was easily able to acquire a job as a research assistant. I would recommend this company.
An affordable and great school with all the required facilities
Research Assistant, Agricultural Economics (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJanuary 23, 2017
Great environment for learning with an excellent library, helpful graduate school and department (staff and faculty). The facilities helped greatly in conducting extensive literature reviews that finally helped in formulating research ideas that lead to research publications.
Beautiful campus and good people
PhD Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJanuary 20, 2017
There are many opportunities to improve your skills like leading, public speaking, independent research, professional writing, etc. The facilities for fitness are awesome. It has a very big center where you can build your muscle, exercise, play ball games, swimming, climbing, meeting new friends. The student union has invited speech, movies, food for student, but the food is a bit expensive. Commute services are good except for storm or cold day when no service is provided. Game season is a bit noisy especially at midnight if living near a play field. The home city Stillwater is small and quiet town where people are quite nice when you meet them. Great place for peaceful life.
Pros
Free food in university final exam weeks
Cons
Traffic jam during game day
great place to work
Wrestling Club Coach (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJanuary 11, 2017
great school to attend and they have a great atheletic department. Small town environment, fun atmosphere, positive.
Productive and a fun workplace to be.
Food server/ Chef (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJanuary 10, 2017
You clock in and then you start to head for your manager that is on duty. From there you are assign to cook or serve the food to the students and staff members of the University..
Safe, home-environment, and productive environment
My Father's House Foundation Intern (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJanuary 7, 2017
I love all of the experience, opportunities, and faculty at Oklahoma State University. It was an amazing time and the environment was always full of life and energy.
Pros
great education
Cons
Tuition
Good School
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJanuary 4, 2017
• Developed a probabilistic slope stability analysis which can assess the safe and economic design of different types of soil slopes.
• Evaluated effects of clay type and degree of softness on embankments and cut slopes that can lead to failures.
• Conducted different laboratory soil tests to determine physical and mechanical properties of soil.
• Developed equation from research results to obtain a rapid calculation of fully softened shear strength values from peak strength values and index properties.
• Tested soils and materials to determine the adequacy and strength of foundation, concrete and asphalt.
Horrible management
Assistant Dining Manager (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKDecember 29, 2016
The management that was there when I started made me grow to who I am today. New management came in and completely changed this. Made this such a negative place to work. I have never seen work morale so bad. Completely sad..
Busy and productive
Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKDecember 28, 2016
It was a fairly easy job. You just make sure people are parked in the right place on game day, which can be difficult because there are so many people walking around.
Cons
short lunch breaks
Poor management
Assistant Athletic Field Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKDecember 27, 2016
Supervisor had zero management experience as well as no time management so working there was not fun. Was always working holidays and days off because of him.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no advancement
Great learning experience
Public Safety Department Secretary (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 22, 2016
Enjoyed working with students and seeing them grow in their careers in public safety. Enjoyed working with Professionals in the business and getting a hands on approach to higher education.
diversity
Business Affairs Representative OSU Tulsa and CHS (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK 74106December 14, 2016
working with mail, shipping and receiving, inventory and customer service, assistant to supervisor. Working with vendors and students as well as staff and faculty. Excellent in all facets of former position.
benefits
Cons
no comp time for former dept
good balance, friendly staff
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKDecember 7, 2016
Oklahoma State is a wonderful place to seek employment. The culture at OSU is a family. There are plenty of opportunities for professional development and advancement.
Pros
good job work/life work balance, professional development
Cons
great benefits, low salary comparatively
Family like and friendly atmosphere with amazing benefits.
Food Prep Aid/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKDecember 2, 2016
I absolutely loved working at OSU, it was always so lively and my co-workers were wonderful. OSU had amazing benefits and they truly cared about their employees. I love cooking and prepping, and I worked on a food truck where I cooked tex mex type food.
Pros
Free lunches, great benefits, friendly crew
Great School
Research/Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKNovember 25, 2016
Enjoyed my time there. Received an excellent education. Highly regarded. Will benefit anyone that attends the university.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oklahoma State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4