Oklahoma State University Employee Reviews

I working for OSU
Computer Technician Deskside Support (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJune 20, 2017
Great people, environment and benefits. I have worked for OSU for over a year in that time I have become a part of the OSU family. I am proud to work here. I handle walk-ins from students faculty and staff assisting them with diagnosing hardware, troubleshooting and resolving software issues, scan for and remove malware, etc. I enjoy the people that I work with we all get along well and have a no stress work environment.
Pros
Great environment and people
Cons
Haven't found one yet.
The people we nice
Parking Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJune 19, 2017
Embassy was a great place to work and be a part of a great team. I learned a lot about the culture of working with a diverse group of people and really feel like I have achieved my personal goals while there.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJune 13, 2017
at time hard to balance both school and work with this job, okay amount of money for students yet students are required to work during finals week or you will lose your job
Productive and fun place to work
Secretary/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJune 12, 2017
I have learned how to professional answer and respond to phone calls and how to properly direct the calls. I also learned how to fix certain classroom technology.
Its good here
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJune 12, 2017
At Oklahoma State University everyone is made to feel like family from the classrooms, to the football games, to the student life events. The library has plenty of resources, such as printers, computers, tutoring centers and it even offers private rooms to reserve for group studies. With so many clubs offered it is almost too hard to choose! The student union is the heart of the campus and a great gathering place for all. With all the team spirit and cowboy pride Oklahoma State University can turn anyone into a Cowgirl or Cowboy! Go Pokes!
I wouldn't work here...
FAMILY RESOURCE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJune 7, 2017
I personally love working with kids and families. I am a major in Family Life Education. This job has been the most stressful and unorganized job I have ever worked. It is honestly not a place to work if you are also going to school. Plus you do way more, to get paid so little. People you work with are very unprofessional, and sometimes offensive.
Pros
Worked with my hours for school
Cons
Rude employees, unorganized, horrible time management.
Multiple Jobs in the Same Department
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJune 7, 2017
I worked two jobs at Oklahoma State University. I worked as a First Aid Responder and a Materials Management Assistant for the Environmental Health and Safety Department.
As a First Aid Responder, I enjoyed working the games because it allowed me to ensure that the participants were safe and I was still able to support the athletes by watching the games. I learned basic first aid for the department. I thought the management was great. Everyone had a fair chance to sign up for the events they wanted to work for and the full timers were understanding if an emergency came up. The hardest part of the job was to sometimes the long hours on our feet or trying to effectively communicate with patients who had an injury or belligerent. The most enjoyable part was protecting the participants with my coworkers.
As a Materials Management Assistant, I would come in and my coworkers and I would get requests from departments on campus. We would donn the gloves and pick up the chemicals from the labs then after we were done for the day, we would bring them to the warehouse in order to bulk the chemicals for chemical pick up. I learned what certain chemicals were categorized as, poisonous, oxidizers, etc. My boss was calm and easy to get along with, we worked together as we pick up chemicals. The hardest part of the job was sometimes the packages were incredibly large and/or heavy. The most enjoyable part was bulking the chemicals for chemical pick up. We got into proper protective equipment and drained the chemicals into huge drums.
Pros
Flexible hours, Easy going management, on campus, watching the games
Cons
Long hours, belligerent participants
Fun place
Departmental Secretary (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 29, 2017
It was a fun place to work and the people were great. Everyone was always very accommodating with school/work schedules. Great learning experience for someone just starting in work field.
Great to work one-on-one with a struggling student.
Tutor of Math and Reading (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKMay 27, 2017
I got to work one-on-one with a struggling student to help them grow. It was great! The people that worked at this facility were so kind and helpful, and there were so many great resources that were available to use.
Easy for student and work schedule
STUDENT EMPLOYEE (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKMay 23, 2017
It was a great job to work at. My direct supervisor could be hard to work with but other supervisors were great. Learned a lot about college on the financial side.
Full-time Student
Student (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 23, 2017
I am a full time student. I do not work at Oklahoma State University. I have never work for the school. I have only attended classes both online and in class.
great place
Asst. Catering Mgr (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKMay 20, 2017
i loved this job, i helped increase the revenue of the department from $800,000 to $1.4M. The hours were sometime long, since i had only student staff and a few full-time employees, as i was the manager, i took the responsibility of the department and made sure that no one was stressed at work. Some days were longer than others, but we accomplished everything we set out for.
Fun work place
Receptionist - Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKMay 19, 2017
Fun work place and relaxed environment with relaxed atmosphere and generous people. culture is friendly and welcoming. need to know about tech stuff to excel
Osu
Data Electrician (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKMay 16, 2017
Great working environment.
Nice project team with great diversities.
Health insurance coverage that is all inclusive.
Excellent senior manager to subordinate relationships. .
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Short leave days
Enjoyed working there
Part-time Team Member/Seasonal Member (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 16, 2017
Fun fast paced job and I enjoyed working as part of the team
Management was amazing and fun to get to know
Workplace was tough at first but got easy after I learned the ropes
Pros
Got to know the people there and enjoy lunch with friends
A flexible job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKMay 16, 2017
the job itself was fine as it helped me balance my school work and gave me money to support myself. However, there are issues with the management and people abusing some of their power but not in egregious ways. The job is really secure so long as you actually do the work.
Great place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKMay 16, 2017
This was actually a pretty good place to work. They have great pay and benefits. The supervisors for the most part were pretty good. The trainers are pretty hands on when teaching new employees
Not a good place.
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKMay 4, 2017
always changing management. Lots of micromanagement. No one is on the same page. Will have everyone tell you to do something different all the time....
Pros
benefits, work schedule
The library is a great place to work
Graduate Teaching Assistant (GTA) (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKMay 4, 2017
Working as a GTA at the Library is a wonderful opportunity to gain experience with teaching, and it isn't difficult to learn. Since they are short one-shot classes for students who are in ENGL 1213, the lesson-plans are provided to you and there is no grading. The office environment is friendly and professional.
Pros
Flexible schedule, great stipend, health insurance, time to do classwork when you don't have projects to work on
Excellent Workplace
Research Associate for the Associate Dean (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKMay 3, 2017
This is a great place to work for. You will have work/life balance. People are friendly and helpful. I worked as a research associate to an associate dean.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oklahoma State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4