Oklahoma State University Employee Reviews

Unethical management abuse visa holders
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKOctober 5, 2017
Some professors abuse student visa holders and everyone knows about it. Department management sides with them and they make false reports if you do not keep quiet. Just check and see how some professors are only willing to accept International students. It is modern day slavery.
Fun place to work
Certified Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKOctober 4, 2017
The culture is great, and the employees are really nice. The management really cares about their employees. I never really felt like I was working when I was on the job.
Great place to learn and grow
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKSeptember 28, 2017
Professors and knowledgeable and helpful. Great place to learn inside and outside the classroom. Great engineering program at the undergraduate level.
Outstanding Culture
Executive Computer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKSeptember 27, 2017
Pay is limited because it is not a private sector employer, but great people to work with. enjoyed several years of employment. and several years of academic success.
Osu-okc
Certified Nurse Aid Secretary (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 25, 2017
This was a wonderful place to work and I felt I made a huge difference in peoples lives. Also, having excellent communication within the organization was wonderful and made the day to day much easier.
JR. Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKSeptember 23, 2017
This was my first real full time job after college. I really enjoyed the people and projects. I put in a couple years and then moved onto bigger and better things.
Educational and focused on development of new ideas
REU Student (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 22, 2017
Driven progress
Varying work day from short re long
Opportunity to be trained on a vast variety of technical equipment
Ample opportunity to work on projects with peers and advisers
Peers shortly become close knit friends
Its an OK place for a college student if you live nearby.
Student Employee (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKSeptember 20, 2017
Its an OK place for a college student if you live nearby. You may receive a pay cut at any time as your pay is not in the control of the managers but instead by people you've never met. If you transfer to a new department you do not get to keep your yearly pay raise, so you may end up losing several dollars an hour without them telling you.
Good!
Oklahoma (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKSeptember 19, 2017
I was a full-time student there. I wasn't necessarily an employee of the University, but was there often enough for it to become like employment.

It was a wonderful education department and I'd recommend any professor within that department.
Productive, Interesting,competative
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 14, 2017
I really enjoy working at this place which makes me focus more into the current topics. This place is more innovative and a special research centre. The place has very good equipment and has very good support from all the professors.
Friendly and Balanced Environment
Hadoop Administrator (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKSeptember 14, 2017
We can learn a lot of new things by working here at Oklahoma State University. This is a great place to improve yourself every day. If offered a full-time, I would love to work here at Oklahoma State University.
Interesting
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKSeptember 10, 2017
I learned to talk to individuals more effectively, the culture was very inviting and problems are resolved when needed. The hardest part of the job is parking, but its shadow by how much you benefit students and other employees.
Tough job
Assistant Football Coach (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKSeptember 7, 2017
Hard to give a great review because we were not a very good team. Recruiting was done basically by one guy that brought in very average overall players. Head coach was great to work for and the support from the administration was very good.
Amazing Experience
GRADUATE RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKAugust 30, 2017
Best Place to Learn, very nice work culture. Very good staff, has nice environment. No issues with payment and peaceful life. No work pressure and flexible schedule.
love it
Student Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKAugust 28, 2017
I loved my experience working here my boss was amazing! I was given opportunities to learn new things from other within the IT department. The people here are so nice
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Minimum wage
Multi-tasking
FRONT DESK CLERK (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKAugust 25, 2017
Great place to work. Learned how to deal with packages. Incoming calls. Flexible around school schedule, but hours can suck since it is a twenty four hour desk.
Pros
School work can be done.
Cons
hours.
Nice work environment
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKAugust 21, 2017
They have nice management system where, you have flexibility of work time. You will get help from staff as and when you need it. You can work only for a period of one year.
Great workpace environment
Administrative Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKAugust 19, 2017
The Benefits are great but the pay is not. The workplace is wonderful. The student make the campus even better. The Faculty and staff are a pleasure to work with as well.
Not really for me to say
Graduate Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKAugust 9, 2017
I was a graduate teaching assistant. I operated in this capacity as a part of my graduate education. Because of this, I do not think that I am really in a place to speak for permanent employees.
Pros
I enjoyed what I did.
Cons
ehhh
Fast paced, lots of data entry
Certified Medical Assistant/chart abstractor (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 7, 2017
I loved this job. It was however through a temp service with no full time openings once job assignments were completed. Transferring all paper files via data entry in to the new electronic medical records. I enjoyed to attention to detail at this job and the data entry of organizing and grouping patient information in to the electronic medical records and would have loved to stay there permanently. I enjoyed my coworkers even though we were pretty silent while working, we were able to take breaks as needed, go for walks with coworkers, breaks, lunch etc
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Temp job