Oklahoma State University

Oklahoma State University Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and fun workplace
Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 28, 2016
The hardest part of the job is meeting daily quotas due to the fact that we have a slow moving system. Management is awesome!
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Slow system
Awesome university town
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJune 19, 2016
Small and friendly town with bundle of social activities around the campus

Excellent facilities for students

Friendly staff
great
Weekend Overnight Large Animal ICU Tech (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKMay 10, 2016
This is a great place to work, You get the opportunity to meet a large number of people from many back grounds which increases you culture palate in my opinion.
Good institute
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJanuary 20, 2016
Its a University in USA where research and teaching is done with all the facilities endowed with nice professors.
It has all the people from various parts of world like India, banglasesh, srilanka, africa. Not only studies, one will gain multi culture talent and skills.
Pros
ok
Cons
ok
Dedicated to children
Medical Assistant/Referral Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 29, 2015
Colorful and relaxed work environment dedicated to serving children and their families. Learned many new skills such as tele-medicine practices and insurance practices. Pleasant management who are not afraid to get their hands into the action from changing a diaper to wiping noses and even cleaning the floors! Wonderful coworkers who are extremely professional. Hardest part was losing children to accidents or illness. Enjoyed the whole job overall, your child will be loved here!
Pros
Knowing you have made a difference, coworkers who work as a team
Cons
Seeing how many children live in poverty
Good Opportunity
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKApril 22, 2016
Most work is grading and office hours for students except for Introduction to computer programming where lab sessions are to be conducted.
Great work environment and a good team
Graduate Research Assistant/Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKFebruary 3, 2016
Job was fulfilling with great exposure to challenging activities and tasks. The most enjoyable part of the job was the opportunity of working on new technologies and meeting new people.
Pros
Good support form superiors
Cons
Too much work to handle at times.
University work place
Server Administrator (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKOctober 5, 2015
Has great work life balance, not much work. fun events do exist. Don't have scope for career building. Every one is helpful. You need to ask for work, training given at your start
Pros
Fun events
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKOctober 24, 2012
Great place to work and retire. But chances for advancement are long in coming if at all. Very flexible with hours if you have kids in school activities. Some supervisors are just here for a paycheck so they don't look out for their employees. Knowone recommends anyone for pay raises at the Physical Plant. Most generally if you want to advance here, its not what you know or how qualified you are, but who you know.
Pros
great benefits, great retirement plans, lots of paid days off and holidays, lots of vacation time earned and sick leave builds up quickly staff appreciation lunches
Cons
carers more about what new building they are gonna build and the beautification of the grounds, than giving their employees regular pay raises and or bonuses.
Loved working in this department
Student Assistant, Work Study Program (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKFebruary 29, 2016
This is the best university in the country, and I loved being a part of the Veterans team. We love helping veterans get their classes in order to make sure they apply to their degree.
Student Perspective
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKMarch 1, 2016
The bright orange campus brings up life in many international students who come all the way from their country .
I work as a graduate teaching assistant at Oklahoma State University.
Good place for an education
research assistant (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJanuary 7, 2016
Good place to work as a graduate student but the pay is low compared to other programs. The cost of living in Stillwater is on the high side as well
Fun work place
Cowboy Dining (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKNovember 14, 2015
I really enjoyed working as a suite attendant for the football games. I got to meet really great people while building up my network profile with some of Stillwaters biggest money supporters and their families.
Pros
Free buffet food
Good to work for
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKFebruary 25, 2016
A good place with sufficient funds for who are eligible. Good experience while you are studying. Balance between work and study.
Summary
Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 6, 2016
Never worked here, not sure why this is showing up, i have tried to take it down but it keeps on popping up, my apologizes. i have to have 20 words minimum
We always got the job done
Housekeeping Foreman (Former Employee) –  Stillwater OklahomaJuly 7, 2014
I would check email, phone calls. Assign people where that we were short. Take care of different problems that came up, inspect floors. Do daily log. I was over 50 people
I learned how to clean everything in our buildings, I took a course in Ambassador Leadership.
My co-workers were very hard working people, we got a long great and helped each other when needed.
Taking care of conflicts between employees. Summer Conferences, Turn around week end was a night mare.
When I was a housekeeper walking down the hall and seeing I did a good job. I felt I did my best and the kids would be able to use the facilities without worrying about catching anything
Pros
we had good benefits
Cons
lousy pay, we were out scoured
OSU Cowboy Dining is a great place to work.
Cowboy Dining (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OK 74077February 6, 2016
The best thing about this job I worked all the home football game and was able to watch the game in between breaks. I was a waiter, stocker, and team player.
Pros
I was able to watch the games in between breaks.
Productive and fast paced
Large Animal Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKFebruary 18, 2016
The fast paced environment makes for an excellent learning experience. Ability to gain desired experience in customer service and multitasking.
With osu
House keeper (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJanuary 6, 2016
I was a house cleaner for the OSU University I was there 2 years and I cleaned dorms, halls, stares, laundry and kitchen. my co-worker were great we all worked together, if one was done before time to go we would go help the others. I really liked worker there.
Pros
Most everythink
Cons
how some of the dorms looked after the student moved out
Enjoyed the classwork
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJanuary 10, 2016
Disagreement with department head caused me to lose hours of classroom teaching until it was no longer profitable to work.
Pros
location
Cons
university politics

4.4