Oklahoma State University Employee Reviews

Productive and a fun workplace to be.
Food server/ Chef (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJanuary 10, 2017
You clock in and then you start to head for your manager that is on duty. From there you are assign to cook or serve the food to the students and staff members of the University..
Busy and productive
Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKDecember 28, 2016
It was a fairly easy job. You just make sure people are parked in the right place on game day, which can be difficult because there are so many people walking around.
Cons
short lunch breaks
Great opportunity for a graduate student.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKAugust 15, 2016
It was a great place to work, with great people and valuable experience. You get an office and a computer, which you can use for your coursework. It's all located in a conventionally located building on campus.
Pros
Great staff/faculty, not difficult work.
Cons
Grading around finals can get hectic.
Educational work atmosphere.
Biosystems Engineering department Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKOctober 10, 2016
Working for the Biosystems engineering department at oklahoma state university has given me great experience conducting research in an environmental lab and in the field.
Wonderful Staff and clients
Yoga Instructor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 12, 2016
The best, loved the compromising, and willingness for all staff and supervisors to learn. We all worked as team! Helpful in constructing working relations with all. One student has gone on to become an instructor herself!
Pros
Cons
I cannot think of any!
Typical University
Student Clerical Worker (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKOctober 6, 2016
It is a great place for a student to get a job because they can have a good work schedule to accommodate their class schedule. Training is fairly easy and the job itself is never too difficult.
Bad idea
Referee (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKAugust 5, 2016
Being a ref was easily my least favorite job. The players were very disrespectful, and the supervisors and managers were also, at times, extremely unprofessional. They only give people in their friend group raises or promotions.
Pros
Scheduled around my classes
Cons
Disrespectful coworkers and players
It is very fun and pleasant to work in OSU
Student Employee (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKOctober 22, 2016
-- I work 3-4 days per week. 20 hours a week.
-- My day will be very effective.
-- I have learned how to manage my time for classes, part time job.
-- The management is very friendly.
great place to work
Wrestling Club Coach (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJanuary 11, 2017
great school to attend and they have a great atheletic department. Small town environment, fun atmosphere, positive.
Great School
Research/Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKNovember 25, 2016
Enjoyed my time there. Received an excellent education. Highly regarded. Will benefit anyone that attends the university.
Great on-campus job, frequent departmental changes made it difficult to maintain constantly changing expectations.
Residential Advisor (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJune 22, 2016
My time at Oklahoma State University's Department of Residential Life as a Resident Advisor were some of the best years I had. It was fantastic for being involved on campus and within the community. With housing and a meal plan provided, it takes a huge financial burden off students. Coworkers on average were exceptional people. Management was a little rocky, as we changed supervisors quite often. I went through a different supervisor every year during my time there, and sometimes from semester to semester. The department is currently overhauling the program and began implementing new changes that clashed with previous policies, and was a challenge to accommodate.
Pros
on-campus housing paid, meal plan, great team
Cons
constantly changing policies, long hours, weekends on call
It will be interesting to work in this multicultureal organization and internationally recognized with lots of funs
Criminal Justice Instructor and a Research Fellow (Former Employee) –  OklahomaMay 18, 2016
It is a privilege to work is this organization and contribute my quota towards the achievement of the goals of this organization
Pros
The incentives such as free lunch, friendship networks etc serve as an attraction
Cons
However, the cold whether, long hours of working are the short comings for working in this institution
Not so bad
Microbiologist (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OklahomaJuly 30, 2016
This university has the good technical capacity. However, the management was not good. I learned how to work with anaerobic bacteria. I liked many co-workers but not all. My most enjoyable part of the job was scanning electron microscopy
relaxed workplace with friendly staff and supervisors
meeting and conference service staff member (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKMay 24, 2016
They made it easy to know what to do and when to do it.
I learned communication skills between peers and coworkers.
Management was supportive and understanding of scheduling.
My co-workers were friendly and helpful.
setting up for groups of 100+ people
working with friendly people.
Teaching is awesome.
Mineralogy Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKAugust 7, 2016
The students were amazing to work with. The professor you work under is good. However, the most challenging part was dealing with office politics.Teaching was just a small part of what I did.
productive enviroment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKApril 26, 2016
Goals were made everyday. Most goals were achievable. Management was very helpful. The hardest part of the job is if funding is not there the job will not be there. When funding is short funding will not be there for both employees and projects alike. Most coworkers were with me were from many other countries. The most enjoyable part of the job was the meeting of the goals that were set and weekly meetings were made with all the assistants.
The most enjoyable part of my job
Administrative Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKAugust 5, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job is the community at OSU. The broad range of people I interact with on a daily basis can not only be challenging but very rewarding.
Worked in a computer lab
Research assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJuly 2, 2016
I contacted various agencies about the availability of lake depth-temperature data. If they had data available then I would collected it and sort it into a standard format. Worked my own hours, when I had free time. Was very relaxed.
Great place to learn and pursure our dreams
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKAugust 2, 2016
It is the best place to identify their interests and to fulfill them. Oklahoma State University greatly helps us to start research in our area of interest.
Great place for graduate school
Sociology Graduate Student (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKApril 19, 2016
Overall it was a great experience. Being in a small distant town freed me of distractions so that I could engage in meaningful research work. However, this also was frustrating at times, as there is not much to do with your free time other than going to a local bar. As far as school goes, I always had access to necessary resources, had a supportive and knowledgeable faculty, and had many opportunities to take advantage of in terms of adding to my CV.
Pros
Tuition waiver, stipend, supportive faculty
Cons
graduate school (time consuming and difficult)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oklahoma State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4