Oklahoma State University

Oklahoma State University Employer Reviews

Research
IT Technician (Former Employee), Stillwater, OKMay 29, 2014
Learned a lot about the research being conducted, worked with a great professor.
Responsibilities and work load can differ greatly.
Research/Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Stillwater, OKMay 28, 2014
The responsibilities and work load you have are greatly dependent on which faculty you're working for and what course or project you're working on. So there is a lot of variability across the department.
Very Productive
Graduate Teaching Assistant (GTA) (Former Employee), Stillwater, OKMay 25, 2014
Pros: healtcare
Cons: was on your own most of the time
Very productive and nice staff. Department is very focused on environmental sociology, which helped me learn to find where to gravitate to. Professors were very easy to a hold of threw email, and they usually applied back with a few hours. Hardest part was being on your own most of the time; came from a Criminal Justice Background, and that aspect was – more... more of a secondary focus. – less
I was employed by Logan City School District, Human Resource Officer, and Superintendent.
INSTITUTE INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee), Stillwater, OKMay 23, 2014
Pros: good students, supportive staff, good working environment.
Cons: lack of funding..
During my 34 years as an educator with Logan City School District, I experienced many and varied situations that have given me a unique perspective on public and higher education.
Coaching Students to their dream job.
Career Coach (Current Employee), Stillwater, OKMay 22, 2014
While working in this position, Career Coaches assist students in their job search process for after graduating with their degree while interacting with them.
Fun workplace with lot of freedom to conduct research based on my ideas
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Stillwater, OKMay 19, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was designing the experiments and executing them and progressing steadily to the aim of the study.
Graduate Teaching Assistant
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Stillwater, OKMay 13, 2014
Teaching Assistant for Engineering Economics & Integrated Manufacturing and Control Systems.Currently Handling a class of 100 Undergraduate & Graduate students, helping them in understanding the concepts.Grade assignments and maintain a proper record of students’ performance
Teachers Assistant
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee), Stillwater, OKMay 13, 2014
Good place to work while attending college, worked with my class schedule.
NA
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Stillwater, OKMay 10, 2014
Great work environment. polite staff. Challenging and fun
Photographing the beauty of camps, staff, and school events
Photographer (Former Employee), Okmulgee, OKMay 2, 2014
Assignments are handed out to me. I go out and do the assignments which are usually photographing the campus or specific events that occur on campus. When I am done, I come back to my computer and edit the photos that I have taken. After I am done with them, I drop them onto a dropbox that my boss has access to.
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Stillwater, OKApril 28, 2014
Good place to work. Consistent hours and reliable employers.
Majority of the activities are performed with great persistence
Soil and GIS Data Analyst (Former Employee), Stillwater, OKApril 26, 2014
Every day of the week was a time I have learned specific part of the instrument used for diverse experimentation. It was the period i figured out the significance of working in GIS and RS laboratories to diverse application areas like natural resource management. All my co-workers were cooperative, except the fact that the analysis requires ample time – more... due to its nature. The incredible part of the job is that it thought me good lesson that I should work even more on the web programing part of GIS – less
Engineer Teaching Assistant
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Stillwater, OKApril 25, 2014
Pros: well paid for work, learning experiences, gain responsibilities
Cons: students may come up to you and ask questions at very akward times.
Part time Job. The day to day of each class varied on what I was offered and took for the semester.
Management was often very supportive and easy to work with.
Co-workers (not often had) were also good to work with, seldom but to go over the requirements of work, grades, reports to keep everything standard.
The hardest part of these were usually the – more... odd hours that may be requested to help students in the course that could not meet during normal office hours.
The best part was being able to help the students. Especially when you can answer questions and give that that little bit so they understand the nature of the class. Or when a student gives you a story on something you did or talked about in the class/lab helped them with something important to the. – less
Oklahoma State University
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee), Stillwater, OKApril 23, 2014
OSU is a great place to work. I have never been around kinder, more caring people who wanted me to succeed and help others in the process.
Good local management, convoluted upper management.
HELPDESK ANALYST (Current Employee), Stillwater, OKApril 10, 2014
A relaxed work environment. Work load is very manageable, and pace is fair.

The direct coworkers in the department are efficient and easy to work with, though if a help ticket needs to be transferred laterally to a different department or escalated to upper management, it was found that the efficiency of the work dropped.

The most enjoyable part of – more... the job is the expression customer's give once a solution is found, because by the time they contact the Helpdesk they are generally frustrated at their situation. – less
enjoyable and challenge job
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Stillwater, OKMarch 22, 2014
I learned a lot at Oklahoma State University. I worked closely with a team of researchers and learned the value of good research practice. I work well as a team member, am very reliable and organized, and willing to learn.
This job provided me with the ideal opportunity to expand my knowledge and my research skills.
Overall a great place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Stillwater, OKMarch 1, 2014
Pros: insurance
Cons: not really any advancement for a high school graduate
Many various tasks for multiple teaching and research Faculty. I learned to prioritize tasks most of all. There are only two Admin. Assistants on our floor so getting along is critical! The hardest part of the job is waiting on information from a person to complete a task. The most enjoyable part of the job are the people.
Oklahoma State University Residential Life
Residence Director (Current Employee), Stillwater, OklahomaFebruary 23, 2014
Oklahoma State University (OSU) Residential Life is a wonderful opportunity for professional development and tuition assistance. The positions are generally low stress but very time consuming. Expect long meetings and the occasional response to a crisis situation. However, you will not find a better work culture anywhere else.
Diverse, low stress environment, printing items for staff and faculty.
Printing Coordinator (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: great benefits, low stress, friendly coworkers
Cons: limited compensation, limited advancement opportunities
My job at OSU-OKC was much like my previous jobs working for a printing press and, earlier in my career, a math textbook publisher. My typical day was spent coordinating printed materials for school faculty and staff, and occasionally supervising others in doing so.

Management was very effective and approachable, and co-workers were friendly, hard-working, – more... and team-oriented. Frequently a teacher or upper management would contact me or my manager with a large amount of print work to be completed in a very limited time frame, but we welcomed these challenges and were able to fulfill all print orders efficiently and on-time. During the last 2 years of my employment we were allowed to do printing for the public and other businesses, to great effect and reasonable profit.

The hardest part of the job was accepting a near-minimum wage compensation with little opportunity for advancement, profit-sharing, or bonuses.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the opportunity to attend classes part-time and have tuition and fees reimbursed. I took advantage of this in order to develop new skills for a new profession, with which I was able to leverage myself away from the print trade toward new opportunity. – less
Graduate Teaching Assistant
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Stillwater, OKFebruary 19, 2014
Teaching Assistant for Engineering Economics.
Currently Handling a class of 100 Undergraduate students, helping them in understanding the concepts.
Grade assignments and maintain a proper record of students’ performance.