Oklahoma State University

Oklahoma State University Employer Reviews

Oklahoma State University
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee), Stillwater, OKApril 23, 2014
OSU is a great place to work. I have never been around kinder, more caring people who wanted me to succeed and help others in the process.
Good local management, convoluted upper management.
HELPDESK ANALYST (Current Employee), Stillwater, OKApril 10, 2014
A relaxed work environment. Work load is very manageable, and pace is fair.

The direct coworkers in the department are efficient and easy to work with, though if a help ticket needs to be transferred laterally to a different department or escalated to upper management, it was found that the efficiency of the work dropped.

The most enjoyable part of – more... the job is the expression customer's give once a solution is found, because by the time they contact the Helpdesk they are generally frustrated at their situation. – less
enjoyable and challenge job
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Stillwater, OKMarch 22, 2014
I learned a lot at Oklahoma State University. I worked closely with a team of researchers and learned the value of good research practice. I work well as a team member, am very reliable and organized, and willing to learn.
This job provided me with the ideal opportunity to expand my knowledge and my research skills.
Overall a great place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Stillwater, OKMarch 1, 2014
Pros: insurance
Cons: not really any advancement for a high school graduate
Many various tasks for multiple teaching and research Faculty. I learned to prioritize tasks most of all. There are only two Admin. Assistants on our floor so getting along is critical! The hardest part of the job is waiting on information from a person to complete a task. The most enjoyable part of the job are the people.
Oklahoma State University Residential Life
Residence Director (Current Employee), Stillwater, OklahomaFebruary 23, 2014
Oklahoma State University (OSU) Residential Life is a wonderful opportunity for professional development and tuition assistance. The positions are generally low stress but very time consuming. Expect long meetings and the occasional response to a crisis situation. However, you will not find a better work culture anywhere else.
Diverse, low stress environment, printing items for staff and faculty.
Printing Coordinator (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: great benefits, low stress, friendly coworkers
Cons: limited compensation, limited advancement opportunities
My job at OSU-OKC was much like my previous jobs working for a printing press and, earlier in my career, a math textbook publisher. My typical day was spent coordinating printed materials for school faculty and staff, and occasionally supervising others in doing so.

Management was very effective and approachable, and co-workers were friendly, hard-working, – more... and team-oriented. Frequently a teacher or upper management would contact me or my manager with a large amount of print work to be completed in a very limited time frame, but we welcomed these challenges and were able to fulfill all print orders efficiently and on-time. During the last 2 years of my employment we were allowed to do printing for the public and other businesses, to great effect and reasonable profit.

The hardest part of the job was accepting a near-minimum wage compensation with little opportunity for advancement, profit-sharing, or bonuses.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the opportunity to attend classes part-time and have tuition and fees reimbursed. I took advantage of this in order to develop new skills for a new profession, with which I was able to leverage myself away from the print trade toward new opportunity. – less
Graduate Teaching Assistant
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Stillwater, OKFebruary 19, 2014
Teaching Assistant for Engineering Economics.
Currently Handling a class of 100 Undergraduate students, helping them in understanding the concepts.
Grade assignments and maintain a proper record of students’ performance.
Balanced
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Stillwater, OKFebruary 18, 2014
It's a great place to learn. I have learned data mining and other management related courses here.
Inventive location for studies and research.
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Energy Engineering LaboratoryFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: school environment
Cons: breaks were on personal needs
A typical day consisted of studies and research work on the power systems and analysis. I personally dealt with Simulink on Matlab Environment. Management here was outstanding in delivering employee's requirements.
Productive and always busy with the work
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Stillwater, OKFebruary 4, 2014
The work was always challenging and the time I spent with my co-workers working together was always good.
Productive and inspiring education place
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Stillwater, OKJanuary 29, 2014
Oklahoma State University is a wonderful institution sharing values of knowledge sharing and developing while practicing team work.
Student
Student (Former Employee), Durant, OKJanuary 20, 2014
MAINTAN GOOD GRADES WHILE PLAYING BASKETBALL. GREAT EXPERIENCE.
Innovative work all around and research into new projects
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Stillwater, OKJanuary 19, 2014
It was good working on research having great co-workers from different background. Great way to learn new technology or concepts and get acquainted with them.
Productive workplace
Research Associate (Current Employee), Stillwater, OKJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: the research facilites and instruments available
Cons: it was a poorly managed institution, without checks and balances that promoted a good working culture, a lot of office politics and fear driven government was the biggest drawback
I learned how to conduct productive graduate level research. The chemistry that I did was focused on industrial applications and remediation for industry. The philosophical focus of my work was on nanotechnology in novel method and reagent development towards industrial applications. The premise that guided me personally was a low production cost and – more... high profit margin drive. In this setting I learned a wide scope of chemical instrumentation and chemical computational software. I learned how to interact with different peoples of the world, at the same time working in a team with diverse populations. The most enjoyable part of my job was doing research that developed new technologies and also teaching students of different backgrounds about chemical technologies. – less
Nice place to work.
Staff Technologist-Computed Tomography Department (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: employees are very nice to work with.
Cons: lack of available help when needed.
OSUMC has really inproved and updated the facility since I began working there. New equipment and updates...it is really coming along. The majority of the people who work at this facility are wonderful, caring and friendly among each other. I never really felt a closeness within my own department but I did enjoy working with other departments. I worked – more... pretty much alone on my shift and had asked for assistance several times but was told everyone was busy and I'd pretty much just have to make do. All in all I really liked working at this facility. – less
Good University
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), OklahomaDecember 31, 2013
Gives you all round experience in the field of Business Analytics
Very friendly place to work, most everyone in all departments are friendly and helpful
Staff Technologist-Computed Tomography Department (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKDecember 30, 2013
Pros: all depts with in the hospital seem to work together well and most everyone is friendly and helpful.
Cons: at times very busy in a single person dept./management not very receptive to getting help
I personally worked as the single tech in a sometimes "too busy for that" department. Got very busy and stressful at times, other than that I always enjoyed my time at OSUMC.
A great place for people with passion in research!
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Stillwater, OKDecember 24, 2013
It's a great place with friendly people. It gives you the opportunity to work with people who really believe in what they are doing.
Great place to work!
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Stillwater, OKNovember 6, 2013
Great place to work! Professionalism and cooperative staff always for help.
Teaching Flexibility
Online Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKNovember 5, 2013
Online allows flexibility to balance my family and other work life