Oklahoma State University

Oklahoma State University Employer Reviews

Student position
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Stillwater, OKJune 19, 2013
I worked as Graduate Research Assistant as I earned my masters. It was a nice place to work and I had a great boss but she was extremely busy and had little time for her students.
OSU was my first contract experience
Senior Weaponeering Manager (Former Employee), Eglin AFB, FLJune 12, 2013
not a lot of positive things to say but it was an experience this is really bad feature of this site
Work here if you can!
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Stillwater, OKMay 11, 2013
Loved working here every second! Never had a problem with any co-worker, supervisor, or customer that I came in contact with.
Small group, easy to work with.
Student Researcher (Former Employee), Stillwater, OKMay 7, 2013
Spend most of the time working well with the others in the lab. Started by gathering initial data from FTIR and later moved to processing of data in pre-written MATLAB programs.
Professional and Personal development with fun at work
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Stillwater, OKApril 22, 2013
Pros: key learnings, interactive sessions
Cons: time management between work and study
 Teaching Assistant IEM 5723 Data Process and Object Modeling Aug 2012 –May 2013
 Computer Assistant, Math Science Lab, IT Department, Aug 2011-May 2013 Responsible for carrying out the monitoring and database management and up gradation.
 Student Employee, Bio systems and Agriculture Engineering Department, May 2012-Aug 2012
Conduct experiments – more... and devise strategies for ongoing and future work as a support member for research. – less
Good university to have an up to date research experience
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Oklahoma State University-TulsaApril 19, 2013
You will find a good research environment.
Lab management is very strong. You have your experimental needs in the labs.
A good place to study at and work at the same time to cope up with your daily expenses
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Stillwater, OKApril 16, 2013
Pros: time flexibility, good pay, provided offices to work in.
Cons: some clerical work
I worked for two different professors over two semesters. I helped them to prepare for the class, grade papers and assignments, mentored few students, conducted labs for teaching audiometry and supervise UG students, held video classes, solved students theoretical and practical doubts, etc. the most enjoyable part of the work was the time flexibility. – more... My supervisors assigned the work and I had to report back to them as soon as I finished my work. No time limits were imposed on me which enabled me to study efficiently. – less
Computer Specialist
Computer Specialist (Former Employee), Stillwater, OKApril 11, 2013
Pros: very challenging and a awesome place to work.
Cons: lack of meeting people for friendships
Manage computers in the students labs. Updating software, ghosting and maintaining IT support for staff
Great Place
Homecoming Executive Team (Former Employee), Stillwater, OKApril 4, 2013
I was a member of the Executive Homecoming Steering Committee. It was really fun and a great environment.
Fast Environment
Secretary/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Stillwater, OKApril 3, 2013
This was a very fast paced environment that included a lot of multi-tasking. I was in charge of conferences including telecommunication meetings. I ordered books and supplies for the professors, worked a lot with Microsoft Office programs, answering multiple phones, and several other secretary duties.
loved everything about this job, Drs, co-workers, patients
RN (Former Employee), Stillwater, OKApril 1, 2013
Pros: 8-5, time to spend with my patients
Cons: management was weard
8-5 job, love it. Typical day was to get assignment,set up and stock for your assigned area.
Patients came in randomly, some had appointments. I took VS and history then to patient to Dr or providers exam room. I learned alot here, the Drs loved to teach. Co-workers were great, always helpful if someone got backed up, just a great crew. The most enjoyable – more... part of the job was the patients. I enjoyed talking to then and hearing how they were doing in school and there other problems. I tried haed to encourage then and come in for any problems or just when things got to be to much. – less
Positive
Graduate Teaching / Research Assistant (Former Employee), Stillwater, OKMarch 26, 2013
Pros: positive
College education experieince was very positive. Teaches and prepares students.
FUN PLACE
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMarch 20, 2013
I REALLY LIKE THE PEOPLE AND JOB. WORKED ICY. GOT ATTACHED TO PATIENTS AND FAMILIES.
Pay Keeps up with or exceeds other hospitals in the region
Former Employee (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMarch 10, 2013
Compensation is good, Overall good to employees. Good employee appreciation . Some staffing issues just like other places. Teaching hospital, Osteopathic Medical School attached.
Lost Army Contract
Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Aberdeen Proving Ground, MDFebruary 26, 2013
Oklahoma State University lost its contract with the Army in 2012, so it no longer has a field office at Aberdeen Proving Grounds.
Graduate research
Student Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Stillwater, OKFebruary 21, 2013
Pros: paid tuition
Cons: bad health care, low pay, did not compensate for school fees
How do I review a GRA postition?? You dont get paid hardly anything and you get poor health care. the only thing that was good about my time as a GRA is that they paid tuition for my school. but they didnt pay the fees
A great place.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Stillwater, OklahomaFebruary 16, 2013
Pros: free food
Cons: nothing
Love everything about Oklahoma State University.The faculty and infrastructure is splendid if not the best in the country.
Fun place to do Science, learn new technologies, opportunities to present research
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Stillwater, OklahomaFebruary 9, 2013
Do experiments.Learn proteomics and mass spectrometry techniques, interact with mentor and fellow students, trouble shoot core facility protocols.
Fun workplace, diverse population of students makes it an enjoyable workplace
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Stillwater, OKFebruary 3, 2013
Learned a lot about other cultures/countries
Helpful co-workers
Review
Certified Nurse Aid Secretary (Current Employee), Oklahoma CityJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: na
Cons: bad management, no raises
I enjoy working with students but the management could use some work.