Oklahoma State University Employee Reviews

Kids these Days
Tutor in VBA (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKAugust 6, 2014
If you don't like helping people and dealing with college kids that seem to forget how to be an adult and act on their own, don't be a tutor. Really what most of the students need help with are the projects, so you have to ask for the solution if you don't want to slug through and try to program something that is supposed to take at least 3 hours to complete. Honestly a good job, you make your own hours, and the students are generally easy to help and get along with.
Pros
make your own schedule, great pay
Cons
depends on the students you receive
College Class
Marketing project (Former Employee) –  StillwaterAugust 5, 2014
In many projects I had at OSU, we had to calculate company revenue and input it into eel worksheets and computer programs.
Great atmosphere and very supportive
College Professor Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJuly 28, 2014
The other workers are very respectful and supportive. Fun personalities.
Good educational experience
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OklahomaJuly 20, 2014
Working at the designing and manufacturing lab of Oklahoma State University was a good introduction to manufacturing machine work.

I had a good boss who was very patient in teaching me how to use lathes and mills until I was comfortable enough to show and explain how to use them to the students who came in to use our equipment. It was a great way to get paid while gaining experience with simple mechanical design and workmanship.

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to work the diverse people in the engineering department work through their problems with their designs of the products they wanted to make with our equipement.

The hardest part of the job were the dry parts of the year when nobody came in and there was nothing to do.
Pros
good management and great way to gain experience
Cons
can sometimes be a very slow job
We always got the job done
Housekeeping Foreman (Former Employee) –  Stillwater OklahomaJuly 7, 2014
I would check email, phone calls. Assign people where that we were short. Take care of different problems that came up, inspect floors. Do daily log. I was over 50 people
I learned how to clean everything in our buildings, I took a course in Ambassador Leadership.
My co-workers were very hard working people, we got a long great and helped each other when needed.
Taking care of conflicts between employees. Summer Conferences, Turn around week end was a night mare.
When I was a housekeeper walking down the hall and seeing I did a good job. I felt I did my best and the kids would be able to use the facilities without worrying about catching anything
Pros
we had good benefits
Cons
lousy pay, we were out scoured
Great Research Institution
Undergraduate Researcher (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJuly 6, 2014
The instructors here are great to work with. Great atmosphere
LOVE this place
Patient Access Lead (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 27, 2014
I absolutely loved working for OSU Medical Center. It was amazing and fun as well as knowledgeable.
I enjoyed my work experience but not the computers.
Wound Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 23, 2014
I worked on the wound team. It was very busy. I enjoyed learning about new treatments for wounds.I didn't enjoy the computer system at that time. It was outdated.
Excellent place to gain knowledge
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  stillwater, OklahomaJune 22, 2014
Excellent place to gain knowledge.I learned how to work smart rather than spending more time
All the co workers are really helpful.
Great learning experience
Lab Student (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJune 9, 2014
My supervisor was an excellent mentor. He helped me realize my career goals and the path I need to take to get there.
Great Place to Work with A lot of Opportunity to Move up
Student Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJune 9, 2014
Obtained supervisor position, managed big groups of students at a time. Most reponsibilty takes place on the weekends. Counting and changing drawers. Stressful at times. Good supervisor expierience. Learned a lot of things.
Great academic environment and tons of opportunities for international students
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OkJune 5, 2014
I have gained both academic and practical experience here.
Good place to work and be around students
SENIOR FINANCIAL SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJune 4, 2014
Work independently to accomplish my tasks. Staff positions at OSU are underpaid and undervalued
benefits
Cons
isolation from other on campus
Research
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKMay 29, 2014
Learned a lot about the research being conducted, worked with a great professor.
Responsibilities and work load can differ greatly.
Research/Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKMay 28, 2014
The responsibilities and work load you have are greatly dependent on which faculty you're working for and what course or project you're working on. So there is a lot of variability across the department.
Very Productive
Graduate Teaching Assistant (GTA) (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKMay 25, 2014
Very productive and nice staff. Department is very focused on environmental sociology, which helped me learn to find where to gravitate to. Professors were very easy to a hold of threw email, and they usually applied back with a few hours. Hardest part was being on your own most of the time; came from a Criminal Justice Background, and that aspect was more of a secondary focus.
Pros
healtcare
Cons
was on your own most of the time
I was employed by Logan City School District, Human Resource Officer, and Superintendent.
INSTITUTE INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKMay 23, 2014
During my 34 years as an educator with Logan City School District, I experienced many and varied situations that have given me a unique perspective on public and higher education.
Pros
good students, supportive staff, good working environment.
Cons
lack of funding..
Coaching Students to their dream job.
Career Coach (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKMay 22, 2014
While working in this position, Career Coaches assist students in their job search process for after graduating with their degree while interacting with them.
Fun workplace with lot of freedom to conduct research based on my ideas
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKMay 19, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was designing the experiments and executing them and progressing steadily to the aim of the study.
Graduate Teaching Assistant
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKMay 13, 2014
Teaching Assistant for Engineering Economics & Integrated Manufacturing and Control Systems.Currently Handling a class of 100 Undergraduate & Graduate students, helping them in understanding the concepts.Grade assignments and maintain a proper record of students’ performance

4.3