Oklahoma State University Employee Reviews

Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKApril 20, 2017
As a graduate assistant here at Oklahoma State University you will learn important life and business skills to further your education. I am personally in charge of the Student Health Risk Assessments. I also conduct in Pre/Post exercise tests for wellness initiative programs .
Teacching American Government and other related sujects to college students
Professor (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKApril 19, 2017
Each semester runs for four months. My duty was to involve in three courses per semester. Each class has 20-30 students in average. In addition, research projects were carried on to obtain additional fund for income and expenses.
Great student life.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKApril 17, 2017
Student life was a bit diversified in the graduate programs. This gave the opportunity for great collaboration on projects and to understand others' backgrounds.
Great University
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKApril 13, 2017
Go pokes! Being able to work while going to school was really great. It is a great way to get involved on campus and help others while adding to your own resume. Work around your class schedule.
Great Place, Great People
Basketball Camp Coach (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKApril 10, 2017
It was fun working with young people who were eager to learn more about basketball. Also, I enjoy working with kids so that was very enjoyable for me as well.
Productive fun and a great learning place
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKApril 10, 2017
IT was fun teaching and assessing students for c++ class, great faculty and staff. The resources available for learning were appropriate and the course material was designed to perfection.
good educational experience
Student (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKApril 6, 2017
Great continuing education for the Master Gardener Program. Program offered through local county extension offices. Very comprehensive overview of all areas of garden/lawn
Pros
great continuing education
Fun Place to Work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKMarch 29, 2017
As a student at Oklahoma State University, it helped to have a job that did not stress me out and allowed me to work to the best of my ability with the great staff.
Enjoyable place to work
Academy Faculty (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKMarch 27, 2017
This is a very good place to work, as a professor one works at his or her own pace and is provided the academic freedom needed to move forward in career
Great environment
Research Laboratory Intern (Former Employee) –  Upton, NYMarch 22, 2017
My time as a research assistant at Oklahoma State was immensely rewarding. Colleagues and amenities were top notch, overall I would highly recommend working at this establishment.
Great place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 18, 2017
Loved working here. Great place. Would go back in a heartbeat. not much else to say. I still have to keep typing. this is ridiculous. Almost there. Yes!
Scholarships and Financial Aid - Not the best department on campus
Data Examination Clerk (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKMarch 13, 2017
The work environment was hostile in Scholarships and Financial Aid. The management was VERY difficult to work with. The turnover rate was extremely high in my area of data examination.
I have worked in other departments on campus at Oklahoma State University and loved the environment and work. Scholarships and Financial Aid just was not one of those departments that fits many people under the management that was there when I was there.
Pros
I got out of there
Cons
Everything about Scholarships and Financial Aid
Office is structured and runs efficiently,
Administrative Support Assistant II (Current Employee) –  CEAT/Engineering CollegeMarch 3, 2017
Each morning I prepare the office for business, and for the work day. First on the list is emails, checking the prospects list, and schedule conference rooms. Always double checking all flowcharts. Maintain paper and electronic filing systems for records and messages. Operate fax machines, phone systems, and other office equipment. Work with spreadsheet, word processing, and database. Maintain the purchasing card with updating transactions, sign off on transactions, and preparing report for sign off. Our office is a positive workplace. I enjoy working with all the staff, and will continue to help all with my administrative assistant abilities.
Pros
Monthly Birthday potluck lunches
Cons
not enough time in a day
Great Place to teach and learn and get ready for industry.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKFebruary 16, 2017
Great place to teach and learn and get ready for industry. Good work environment with lots of resources and friendly co-workers.
Good Research Atmosphere
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJanuary 25, 2017
working at Oklahoma state University is something that I have done basically the whole time I was a student. Within my department I was easily able to acquire a job as a research assistant. I would recommend this company.
An affordable and great school with all the required facilities
Research Assistant, Agricultural Economics (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJanuary 23, 2017
Great environment for learning with an excellent library, helpful graduate school and department (staff and faculty). The facilities helped greatly in conducting extensive literature reviews that finally helped in formulating research ideas that lead to research publications.
Beautiful campus and good people
PhD Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJanuary 20, 2017
There are many opportunities to improve your skills like leading, public speaking, independent research, professional writing, etc. The facilities for fitness are awesome. It has a very big center where you can build your muscle, exercise, play ball games, swimming, climbing, meeting new friends. The student union has invited speech, movies, food for student, but the food is a bit expensive. Commute services are good except for storm or cold day when no service is provided. Game season is a bit noisy especially at midnight if living near a play field. The home city Stillwater is small and quiet town where people are quite nice when you meet them. Great place for peaceful life.
Pros
Free food in university final exam weeks
Cons
Traffic jam during game day
great place to work
Wrestling Club Coach (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJanuary 11, 2017
great school to attend and they have a great atheletic department. Small town environment, fun atmosphere, positive.
Productive and a fun workplace to be.
Food server/ Chef (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJanuary 10, 2017
You clock in and then you start to head for your manager that is on duty. From there you are assign to cook or serve the food to the students and staff members of the University..
Safe, home-environment, and productive environment
My Father's House Foundation Intern (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJanuary 7, 2017
I love all of the experience, opportunities, and faculty at Oklahoma State University. It was an amazing time and the environment was always full of life and energy.
Pros
great education
Cons
Tuition