Olameter Cproration Employee Reviews

Right hand doesn't know anything about left hand
Electric meter reader (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INSeptember 8, 2017
Routes may or may not be in any order, no notes, no location codes. Maybe there's a vicious dog or not? If lines are buried, you walk around looking for a meter because you don't know if it's in the right, back, left, etc. or it may be that there should have been a note in the Itron that said to skip one. Very unorganized and no leadership. You won't see the same routes every month so you can't get routes in order.
Pros
Some flexibility
Cons
All of everything
I want to kill myself
Meter Reader (Former Employee) –  KansasJuly 30, 2017
Drive personal vehicle
Pay for all gas used on the job
No help if your car brakes down no one cares they still want the job done.
You get verbally abused
Told your to weak and stop wining so much
drug abuse is horrible and the drug screen is easy to get by due to the three to four day window anyone can pass
Pros
Don't ever work for this company
Cons
dont
Better off working someplace else
Meter Reader (Former Employee) –  Forrest City, ARJuly 29, 2017
Company went to piece rate (.23 cents a meter) to save company money. Your check could be descent one pay period and terrible the next. In hot weather you have to buy your own water or Gatorade. Company does not provide you anything but dog spray and 5 t-shirts to wear. Trucks you drive are high mileage and you are responsible for repairing them. Sometimes I would have to buy gas for my truck when company issued credit card would not work. Management doesn't care because they are not the ones walking for miles in the hot sun and freezing cold.
Pros
Very little supervision
Cons
Dogs, rude customers, trucks break down a lot, piece rate.
Revloving door
Customer order worker (Former Employee) –  New Castle, INMay 21, 2017
Pay went from hourly to piece rate to save the company money and take it from employees. Take home trucks taken away. Management switched to husband wife team which is again company policy for everyone else
Pros
No weekend work
Cons
Poor management
Not a bad place if you are willing to work. Saw lots of people come & go.
Meter Reader (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMay 11, 2017
Was basically on your own. Had specific route to cover reading water meters, & had so many reads that needed to be complete by time frame. Hours were flexible but rate of pay was piece rate, so the competitive effect was there. If you were lazy, you didn't make money, or if you were shorthanded, overtime had to be made. You were on deadlines. Weather was an issue as all of the jobs were in the elements. Which was a good part and bad part on raining days. Snow was not bad, but I hated the rain.
Pros
Piece rate, could make good money, if you wanted to work harder
Cons
Elements of weather, rain, snow, some areas were more walking than other.
No review
Contract Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIApril 11, 2017
The job is a really good place to start work at if you like the outside environment. Minimum supervision as long you are doing your job correctly in a timely manner.
Productive work place
Locate Technician (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaJanuary 30, 2017
Decent job with ok benefits...kinda ok management and a great hr department. You work alone with little supervision and you gotta be perfect to get a raise
Overall a good place to work. Enjoyed the scenery and alone time.
Meter Reader (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARJanuary 13, 2017
This job isn't for the lazy. You can make a lot of money reading meters. You get paid for the meters you read, not hourly. A lot of walking. Just make sure they pay you your ot. I was awarded employee of the month in September. Management needs work.
Pros
Working alone
Cons
Healthcare
Very good job
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 2, 2016
Dispatching loads for different drivers. Providing very excellent customer service. Management was great in every type of way. I learned how to have great people skills at this job.
Horrible people
Locator Technician (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 18, 2016
I worked for this company faithfully and they did not appreciate my time. I never got paid for over time and they lied on many occasions on me getting a raise. All they did was work me for free and talk about me.
Overall decent job
Meter Reader (Current Employee) –  ArkansasSeptember 14, 2016
Benefits suck but the opportunity to make great money is there .....the work environment is great .....but this job requires extended periods of walking sometime hours......overall a decent job
Pros
When u finish your assignment you are free to go ....
Cons
Bad dogs, rude people and workloads can sometimes be very overwhelming
Never work here
Meter Reader (Former Employee) –  ArkansasAugust 15, 2016
Worst place I have ever worked. Management sucks. Work 6 days a week 50-60 hours for a 600 dollar two week paycheck. The piece rate is set up horrible and you may make 500 one week and 150 the next. Don't waste your time.
Only for the Workaholic
Meter Reader (Former Employee) –  Cherokee, NCJune 20, 2016
This company threw me into work and I didn't get much Assistance. The do not take into account the curves of the mountains or the traffic volume of tourist areas. I used to generally start work at 7am and clocked out about 8-830pm. The rate of pay support led to be working this long
Pros
Non
Cons
You name it
Terrible place to work
Meter Reader (Former Employee) –  IndianaJune 2, 2016
All of the perks of meter reading are gone with this company. They want you to work really hard without compensating deserving. They do not care about their employees.
Did not satisfy with the mangement.
Administration side (Current Employee) –  MichiganMay 25, 2016
Management inside politics - not fair.
Can daughter report to dad in the administration side?

How is it possible in this company?
Pros
No growth
Cons
Mgmt. inside politics
Lack of respect
Meter Reader (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, MIMarch 31, 2016
When you start at the company they treat you like your the best. Soon after you get your 6 months in they shaft you in hours. Also they don't like giving any kind of bonuses.
They are trying to improve.
Meter Reader (Current Employee) –  Noblesville, INMarch 16, 2016
They are working on building teamwork, communication and reliability in all aspects of the business. Currently they are understaffed and need much improvement.
Terrible Place to work
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Dont want to tell.March 10, 2016
I worked there for 8 years. The last 2 years there I was given no raise and was there everyday from start time til well past end time. I never complained always did what was asked but never felt appreciated. I did not feel that you could talk to the management bc I felt they had their picks.
Not a good place to work.
Meter Reader (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 26, 2016
There is no work and life balance. They always want you to be there working very hard for very little pay. They don't care about their employees, only getting the job done. You don't always get a raise. I worked there for 8 years and never saw a raise for four of them. When u do get a raise its just a quarter. That is fine but you work very hard with several demands upon you and its not at all worth it. It is by far the worst place imaginable to work.
Pros
Working outside
Cons
No respect or recognition