Olathe Health Employee Reviews

Great place to work!
Critical Care Resource Nurse (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KS 66061December 3, 2017
This hospital is perfectly situated to support the south Kansas City population and outlying communities. The Cardiac care departments and units provide exceptional care for patients with chronic and acute health care needs.
Olathe Medical
PowerChart Oncology Consultant (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSNovember 15, 2017
I worked there as a contractor to build out their oncology clinic formulary. I worked with their IT department to meet the build needs. Their management in the department seemed to be a pleasant experience but my time with them was limited.
November 28, 2017

Thank you for your feedback! We are pleased to know although your time in the IT department was short, that you had a good experience.

fast-paced
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSNovember 13, 2017
I worked on the women's health unit and it was constantly understaffed. One might call it the "red-headed step child" of the hospital. Charge nurses were constantly pulling staff from our unit to float to another. I would not recommend this unit but I heard good things about the rest of the hospital
November 28, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience so far with Olathe Health. We appreciate your feedback on working in the department and your experience with floating, as we are always looking for ways to improve. We invite you to contact employee relations at 913-791-3500 ext 4528 to discuss these concerns (anonymously if you wish), if you have additional information so we can work to resolve any other issues.

It’s a place to work
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSOctober 26, 2017
Guaranteed hours but overworked and underpaid. They have no regard to PCT’s you are a warm body. When you’re short staffed that’s just to bad deal with it. They offer nurse bonus to come to work but nothing for the PCT’s.
November 28, 2017

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your experience with Olathe Health. We appreciate your input in regards to your experience with staffing, we are continuing to look for ways to make improvements in that area. We invite you to contact employee relations at 913-791-3500 ext 4528 to discuss these concerns in more detail (anonymously if you wish).

Staff helped each other out as needed.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSOctober 13, 2017
Had physical issues. Bowel Resection, trimaleolar fracture of ankle and Complete Thyroidectomy within short time. Couldn't hold position. Available openings I was not qualified for.
Pros
Cons
Short staffed at times.
November 28, 2017

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your experience working at Olathe Health! It is nice to hear that you had a good experience with your co-workers. We are continuing to make improvements in many areas including staffing levels. We invite you to contact employee relations at 913-791-3500 ext 4528 to discuss these concerns in more detail (anonymously if you wish).

Stressful
Medical Office Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSOctober 11, 2017
Upper Level Management does not listen to the employees. The employees are not appreciated by upper level management. I do appreciate working with my current supervisor.
November 28, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience working at Olathe Health. We appreciate your feedback in regards to your current supervisor and upper management. We invite you to contact employee relations at 913-791-3500 ext 4528 to discuss these concerns in more detail (anonymously if you wish).

Spread too thin and not recognized for effort
Director (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSOctober 2, 2017
Lack of effective management within my area of the organization results in low morale and overall lack of appreciation of skill and work effort. If you were a favorite, you were allowed to work less.
November 28, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience working at Olathe Health. We want to strive to improve any issues including low morale; therefore we invite you to contact employee relations at 913-791-3500 ext 4528 to discuss these concerns in more detail (anonymously if you wish).

healthy work environment
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSSeptember 26, 2017
A typical work day at Olathe Medical Center: Employees worked together and the supervisor helped out in all aspects of the job, a very professional environment with people helping people get their jobs done and sharing work loads if necessary. It was wonderful. The hardest part of this job was learning an abundance of new medical terms but well worth the time and effort. The most enjoyable part of this job was how we all worked together to get the job done. These people were great.
Pros
great benefits
Stressful job!
Nursing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSSeptember 21, 2017
Never had enough staff, people call in all the time. Management would not help out. Management would become angry if asked to help on the floor. The hardest part of this job is that you never felt like you could be a good nurse, no matter how hard you tried, because there was just too much to do.
Pros
Beautiful building
Cons
Never got breaks
People are hard to work with
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Paola, KSSeptember 18, 2017
No one wants to train anyone new: they have the group of people they want to work with and that is all no room for anyone else. Lazy and very unkind to outsiders.
They do not take care of their employees
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSAugust 28, 2017
Employees are not a priority with Olathe Health Systems. High turnover and Employees underpaid. Extremely stressful. Portray a sink or swim philosophy.
High Chaos Level
Nutrition/Med. Tech. (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSAugust 16, 2017
Chaotic. Would not recommend friends or family go there for work or treatment. HORRIBLE NUTRITION! Multiple complaints across many departments of lack of integrity, morals, & ethics; evidenced from tech up to the director-level. Mass exodus of experienced doctors. Extreme, constant pressure to cut costs results in smaller, non-competitive paychecks/bonus/raises, reduced staffing levels, broken equipment, severely compromised sanitation, etc. Staff is fragmented into multiple contractors: no cohesiveness or shared goals. Intense pace & emphasis on expansive growth left no time for paced training, process optimization, or operations management.
Pros
403b investment options
Cons
Stressful, Unsanitary
Central Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSAugust 9, 2017
Great hours and people made a mistake leaving there. Very good benefit package and wages and small town feel . It however does take Human Resources a while to process your application
Pros
Health care
Cons
Pay
Nice entry level nursing
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Paola, KSAugust 7, 2017
Large variety of nursing focus to explore, decent benefits. Frequently understaffed, management was not receptive to idea for improvement. Limited advancement opportunities
Management sucks
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KS 66061August 4, 2017
They make a lot of promises with no intention of keeping. It is really the mean girls club. If the DON likes you and brought you over, then you will be fine. If the DON likes you, you will not be accountable for anything. Most of the nurses are lazy and and nothing is being done. They will run off good nurses like me!
Pros
Cons
Management, staffing, salary
stressful
lpn (Former Employee) –  olathe, ksJuly 12, 2017
Began as nice place to work when I had interaction with patients; as
well as being a triage nurse triage , I only used computers and phone, Work load was very stressful; a lot of multitasking, Felt was unable to provide patients with as much help andf attention as I would have liked; would have to have been able
Pros
good benefits
Cons
very short staffed, unreasonable work load
Very good group of physicians, leaned a lot
APRN-C Cardiology Services (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJuly 9, 2017
The people were a clise knit group and enjoyable to work with. Hours were nice, i left because of a better salary. Probably would have atayed, although now there has been a shift in physicians and I would have gone with them when they left.
Pros
close knit group of fun nurses
Cons
low paying
Slow to change or accept innovation
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSJune 20, 2017
Found that organization was very against change. Experienced high turnover and, because of salary ranges not being competitive, new hires were not the best quality.
This hospital is very quiet with no action of any kind.
Communications Operator (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJune 3, 2017
This facility is well-maintained and extremely quiet. It's location is pretty far out but a great place to work. Management as well as other positions are pleased with their job performance.
Pros
This is a nice and quiet atomsphere to get paid to work in.
Cons
If you have a short attention span and have a need to stay busy this isn't the place for you.
Overworked
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSMay 27, 2017
We would work 10 hours and then on call time and our manager did not allow us to take short breaks. We were to stay busy the entire time on the job. The hardest part of the job was no balance with home life and management did not care about us as a person
Pros
Patients
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Olathe Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Olathe Health Reviews by Location