The General Manager is responsible for the overall operation of their assigned restaurant. Key responsibility areas include team performance, increased sales and profitability, effective cost controls, and development, training and retention of key associates. The General Manager is responsible to work actively to ensure the restaurant meets financial and operating goals. The General Manager reports directly to the Director of Operations.
- Works to instill the mission statement and Daily Directives in each employee.
- Ensure that the restaurant operates efficiently and effectively within the Company’s fiscal and operational guidelines.
- Ensure adherence to all local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Develop initiatives to build sales, profitability and guest counts. Maintain effective cost controls in support of these initiatives.
- Develop guest oriented quality, service, and cleanliness action plans to enhance guest satisfaction.
- Ensure all safety and security systems and procedures are followed to ensure health and safety of employees and guests.
- Ensure secure, safe handling and transportation of funds.
- Responsible for the physical/aesthetic maintenance of the restaurant and maintenance of Old Carolina’s theme format.
Food Preparation & Production
- Ensure that all menu items are made according to recipe and presented in an Old Carolina manner.
- Utilize food production and inventory tools available to support this responsibility.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all recipes, products and production procedures.
- Ensure established standards of food safety and sanitation are maintained.
- Purchase food products within established guidelines. Oversee correct receipt, storage and handling of food products to ensure quality and freshness at all times.
- Look for and cultivate a passion for food.
Guests and Associates
- Respond to guest comments and criticism in a constructive and positive manner, looking at such as an opportunity to build guest count. Educate and empower subordinate managers and associates to act in a similar capacity.
- Ensure a safe and secure work and dining environment for associates and guests.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Demonstrate high ethical standards at all times, adhering to standards laid out in the Company Handbook.
- Conduct regular associate/departmental meetings.
- Ensure associates receive timely and meaningful performance reviews.
- Administer counseling and discipline to associates as necessary.
High school diploma/equivalent, and two years or more related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Indeed - 6 months ago