Old Chicago

Old Chicago Employer Reviews

productive and fun workplace
Hostess (Former Employee), Midwest City, OKJanuary 12, 2015
would seat guests, managers were friendly and so were co-workers.
Productive work environment. Supervisors and peers are always willing to help.
Server/Waiter (Current Employee), Manhattan, KSJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: 40% off meals. free drinks during shifts. elevation throughout the business if desired.
Cons: work comp requires 7 missed days in a row to compensate you, though, as a server, your schedule is sporadic and usually not always the same.
Supervisors were always there to help and guide you for any purpose. Co-workers were also very gracious to always help you with the most mundane to most complicated of requests. Employer does well to work with your schedule and get you the schedule that works with other things, such as school, and getting you enough shifts to where you're making the money you need. Very upbeat; time goes by quickly whilst working. Talking with guests and the social environment between guests and co-workers made going to work a very positive thought.
Productive work environment
Server-Bartender-Trainer (Current Employee), Coralville, IADecember 31, 2014
Great experience being employed at Old Chicago. However, going back to school and need to advance in the professional work industry.
Old chicago is a fun environment and a great place to make money. The only negative thing that i can say is that they need to trust their employees.
Cocktail (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CODecember 21, 2014
Pros: being a part of beer fests and golf tournements, the people you were surrounded by and the opportunity for great money!
Cons: the lack of integrity with higher ups, inconsitent money and inconsistent hours.
At old Chicago i would almost always be busy from the second i got there until the second i left. The customer base was great and loved how knowledgeable the staff was about all of the different styles of beers. I never thought that i would ever know so much about beer! The management team at my store was amazing! They were like one big happy family and made sure that their staff was the same way. The most difficult part about working their was making sure that you were not stepping on toes. The regulars were such a great group of people and loved everybody there, which means that one day Amanda was their favorite and the next day you were and that can be frustrating when you are trying to build up a consistent income. Despite the inconsistency in income, the best part about the job was the variety of people that you were able to encounter every day.
Old Chicago
Server (Former Employee), Evansville, INDecember 17, 2014
Pros: teaches you alot about taking care of people and getting the most from a table
Cons: you wont have a social life
Great place to learn how to be a GREAT server. You will learn how to treat guest and a proper manner no matter the situation working there
Great place to work!
Server (Current Employee), Bettendorf, IANovember 19, 2014
I enjoy working at Old Chicago, my coworkers and the management both make the experience very pleasant.
Fun place to work.
Bar Manager (Former Employee), Omaha, NEOctober 20, 2014
Pros: great employee discount.
Cons: slow in promotions.
Old Chicago was a fun environment, with a great menu.
They offer a great employee discounts, and competitive benefits package ( insurance, etc)
Great people make this place
Expoditer (Current Employee), Bettendorf, IAOctober 8, 2014
Pros: people, flexible scheduling, good pay
Cons: busy, not for everyone
I have worked here for almost a year. And the biggest reason is the people. I have such a good time with my co-workers, we joke around, vent to each other and I know they're there for me if I need something.

I work in several different positions and in each one I feel valued. Of course there are some downsides, as a restaurant we do have a lot of people come in and out, and on weekends we are rather busy and it can be pretty hectic if you aren't prepared for that sort of thing. But the pay is good and management really works around all schedules.
Fun family work environment
Server (Former Employee), Killeen, TXOctober 8, 2014
Pros: traveling across, meeting new people and teaching
Cons: no breaks and long hours
I enjoyed working at both places. With the economy failing Red Lobster was starting to feel the effects and that's when I went to Cheddar's where you still had the same atmosphere but it was more budget friendly towards the customers leaving a stable income to work with. The advancement is wonderful and the promote within the company by the end of my time with Cheddars I had become family with people from all over the United States from Certified Training. The only reason I left was starting school and needed a more flexible schedule to work with.
Good manager
Pizza Line Cook (Former Employee), Cedar Falls, IASeptember 30, 2014
I had a good kitchen manager here who put procedures in place to be a successful kitchen. Other employees and assistant managers didn't always follow these procedures.
kitchen
Lead Line Cook (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COSeptember 28, 2014
I enjoy any kind of restaurant work, but typically I enjoyed OLD CHICAGO the most, and for so many different reasons. I love the idea that I was able to have so many resposibilities working in the kitchen at old chicago. And I love that they felt I was strong enough and responsible enough to work under such pressure. It Th The hardest part about my job was when you have so many things to do, you want to make sure nothing goes wrong, and in the entire food industry it requires the back of house to run smoothly in order for things in front of the house to run smoothly also, so as long as things were running smooth, I was content. All the way around my experience at old chicago was amazing, because I know people would come in for good food, and when they left with smiles on their faces, I know I did my job.
Fun workplace
Server/Bartender (Former Employee), Midwest City, OKSeptember 14, 2014
Great food, great environment.

Hardest part of the job is working hard and receiving small tips. Although, you'll have that issue at any restaurant.
Fun people, but not enough
Server (Former Employee), Fargo, NDSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: not enough of them!
I loved working at Old Chicago, most of the management was great, everyone got along but there were never enough employees.
Fun restaurant
Hostess/Trainer (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 31, 2014
Greeted guests in a welcoming manner and seated them at a table falling under the proper server rotation. Took to-go orders and ran a cash drawer. Trained incoming hosts.
It was a good job just needed better pay
Server (Former Employee), Midwest City, OKJuly 25, 2014
I served my customers I took orders took food out and I cleaned.
Fun and energetic workplace for fast money
Server Assistant Manager/Bartender (Former Employee), Ankeny, IAJuly 19, 2014
Pros: money, fun, meet amazing people.
Cons: nights and weekends. no health insurance
You must work on bar side. That is where the money is made and the guest are the funnest. The regulars there genuinely care for you and will make your night everytime you walk in. Working nights and weekend get old but it is easy money and a smart person can make it go a long way.
Energetic and friendly atmosphere
Server (Current Employee), Mesa, AZJuly 18, 2014
Everyone who works there gives off a positive vibe to the people who come in and in turn give the same feeling right back. There is nothing there that does not give off a lively feel. You can come and enjoy everything about this place
Great Resturant with Great Management (for some time)
Cook and Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Rockwood, MIJuly 18, 2014
i worked here for 5 years and i enjoyed all of it until the last 6 months
good fast paced job, you are able to learn alot of differnt things.
Cook (Former Employee), Garden City, KSJuly 15, 2014
Pros: good food
A typical work day would be, you come into work, prep food, take orders, clean and go home. You have the ability to learn how to make many differnt foods from scratch fresh every day.
productive workplace
Bartender (Former Employee), Garden City, KSJuly 2, 2014
Pros: discounted food, got to meet great people, had my customers who would come back to see me
Cons: short breaks, long hours, late hours
Go into work ready hair up with a bottle opener and wine key. First counted cash drawer and assigned a drawer then checked off morning bartender and made sure all shift change duties were complete. Begin making ticket drinks for service bar and for bar top. My co workers were great except we were short handed. The hardest part of the job is carrying the kegs but I always got a man to do that for me! The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to meet new people and getting to know what drinks they like so when they come back you have a good idea and they come back to see you!

1 2 3 4 5

About Old Chicago

When you reach this Rock Bottom, you'll find a warm meal and craft brewed beers waiting. Rock Bottom Restaurants operates about 145 – Read more