Old Chicago

Old Chicago United States Employee Reviews

with over 110 beers it made the job fun
Server (Former Employee), Lexington, KYMarch 31, 2015
working at Old Chicago was a fun place. The management was very unprofessional and hard to deal with. My co workers are what the job fun and the customers would become regulars really quick.
Waitress (Current Employee), Jacksonville, NCMarch 11, 2015
Old Chicago is a great place to work, I love the fast paced environment. Management is great and so are my coworkers. The best part about my job is interacting with new people each day.
Interactive group of workers who get along well to make the business successful
Server (Current Employee), Portage, MIFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: dicounts
Cons: no breaks
A typical day for me at work starts out with going in earlier than my scheduled time just to make sure that things are ready and stocked for the night incase we get a rush just to make things run more smooth. I have learned a lot from being a server, it has been a good experience. I have learned that it's not about a personal gain. Yes, even though I am working for tips it is more important that everyone in the restaurant who comes in as are guest are taken care of efficiently. It is a very team oriented work environment. It is not about who can make the most money it's making sure we create an experience to ensure that customers will come back. My managers are great. Each one is very different which can be good and bad. None of them are really on the same page as far as rules or responsibilities. This makes it hard because one manager will expect a certain thing and another may not. The people I work with are like family. We always have a good time at work and out of the work environment. We spend so much time together it's hard not to make a personal connection with them. The hardest part of my job would have to be closing the restaurant. This requires me to make sure everyone else is doing their share of work to get the place cleaned up and ready for the next day. This can be challenging because it is hard to tell people what they are doing wrong and micromanage them.
Fun work Environment
o Server/Cocktail waitress (Current Employee), Boulder, CoFebruary 24, 2015
I have been able to work for Old Chicago for over 2 years now. They have been great in allowing me to balance full time school and the job.
Love my job!
Host, Certified Trainer (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: great people, great job
Cons: pay
I absolutely love my job! I get to work with the most amazing people which makes working fun. I have gained lots of skills while working there that will carry over in future careers. Management is great. The hardest part of my job is the pay..we all have bills to pay.
Fun bar, sports and restaurant environment
Server/Waiter (Current Employee), Superior, COFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: quick/busy shifts, great money
Old Chicago is always a great work environment to walk in! My co-workers make me excited to go into work every day, and the management push for the best in everyone.
A fast-paced and energetic new restaurant.
Server/Waiter (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: discounts on food and free samples during tastings.
Cons: no breaks and difficult management.
A typical day involved preparing the restaurant for success and interacting with my customers and co-workers in a positive manner to ensure efficiency and success in the workplace. I learned how to multitask and remain calm in the face of multiple tasks and a diverse clientele. My management needed to focus more on the guest experience and less on the corporate quotas, but my co-workers were fun, determined, and cooperative. The hardest part of the job was balancing the demands of the guests with the realities of a kitchen that was not always on point with the food or the timeliness of an order. The most enjoyable part by far was interacting with an array of new and interesting people, both as guests in the restaurant and as the waiters alongside me.
A Summary
Server (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 28, 2015
Typical day at work would be after arrival, having a little meeting, talking about the management and all, and after that starting the day, greeting customers, appoint them to table, take their orders, put them in system, interact with them. I learned to follow the rules, to get what customer exactly requested for.
An in between job
Server (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: excellent team of co-workers
Cons: management team, the hourly salary
I would great tables, get drink orders, go over menu options and answer any questions, then take the orders when they were ready. Put the orders into our computer system, then I would do side work which would consist of running food, restocking any food/ garnishes on the line that were low, rolling silverware, cutting up any garnishes that needed to be cut. then i would give the table their food, check on them a couple times before removing the food out of their way, sometimes boxing it. Then running the check over to them and taking their payment. If it was cash, I would make sure I got them the correct change back. The management at this establishment was ok, they were not horrible, but made it very hard for people to move up in this restaurant. My co-workers are what made it worth it, I was lucky to work with some great people.
productive and fun workplace
Hostess (Former Employee), Midwest City, OKJanuary 12, 2015
would seat guests, managers were friendly and so were co-workers.
Productive work environment. Supervisors and peers are always willing to help.
Server/Waiter (Current Employee), Manhattan, KSJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: 40% off meals. free drinks during shifts. elevation throughout the business if desired.
Cons: work comp requires 7 missed days in a row to compensate you, though, as a server, your schedule is sporadic and usually not always the same.
Supervisors were always there to help and guide you for any purpose. Co-workers were also very gracious to always help you with the most mundane to most complicated of requests. Employer does well to work with your schedule and get you the schedule that works with other things, such as school, and getting you enough shifts to where you're making the money you need. Very upbeat; time goes by quickly whilst working. Talking with guests and the social environment between guests and co-workers made going to work a very positive thought.
Productive work environment
Server-Bartender-Trainer (Current Employee), Coralville, IADecember 31, 2014
Great experience being employed at Old Chicago. However, going back to school and need to advance in the professional work industry.
Old chicago is a fun environment and a great place to make money. The only negative thing that i can say is that they need to trust their employees.
Cocktail (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CODecember 21, 2014
Pros: being a part of beer fests and golf tournements, the people you were surrounded by and the opportunity for great money!
Cons: the lack of integrity with higher ups, inconsitent money and inconsistent hours.
At old Chicago i would almost always be busy from the second i got there until the second i left. The customer base was great and loved how knowledgeable the staff was about all of the different styles of beers. I never thought that i would ever know so much about beer! The management team at my store was amazing! They were like one big happy family and made sure that their staff was the same way. The most difficult part about working their was making sure that you were not stepping on toes. The regulars were such a great group of people and loved everybody there, which means that one day Amanda was their favorite and the next day you were and that can be frustrating when you are trying to build up a consistent income. Despite the inconsistency in income, the best part about the job was the variety of people that you were able to encounter every day.
Old Chicago
Server (Former Employee), Evansville, INDecember 17, 2014
Pros: teaches you alot about taking care of people and getting the most from a table
Cons: you wont have a social life
Great place to learn how to be a GREAT server. You will learn how to treat guest and a proper manner no matter the situation working there
Great place to work!
Server (Current Employee), Bettendorf, IANovember 19, 2014
I enjoy working at Old Chicago, my coworkers and the management both make the experience very pleasant.
Fun place to work.
Bar Manager (Former Employee), Omaha, NEOctober 20, 2014
Pros: great employee discount.
Cons: slow in promotions.
Old Chicago was a fun environment, with a great menu.
They offer a great employee discounts, and competitive benefits package ( insurance, etc)
Great people make this place
Expoditer (Current Employee), Bettendorf, IAOctober 8, 2014
Pros: people, flexible scheduling, good pay
Cons: busy, not for everyone
I have worked here for almost a year. And the biggest reason is the people. I have such a good time with my co-workers, we joke around, vent to each other and I know they're there for me if I need something.

I work in several different positions and in each one I feel valued. Of course there are some downsides, as a restaurant we do have a lot of people come in and out, and on weekends we are rather busy and it can be pretty hectic if you aren't prepared for that sort of thing. But the pay is good and management really works around all schedules.
Fun family work environment
Server (Former Employee), Killeen, TXOctober 8, 2014
Pros: traveling across, meeting new people and teaching
Cons: no breaks and long hours
I enjoyed working at both places. With the economy failing Red Lobster was starting to feel the effects and that's when I went to Cheddar's where you still had the same atmosphere but it was more budget friendly towards the customers leaving a stable income to work with. The advancement is wonderful and the promote within the company by the end of my time with Cheddars I had become family with people from all over the United States from Certified Training. The only reason I left was starting school and needed a more flexible schedule to work with.
Good manager
Pizza Line Cook (Former Employee), Cedar Falls, IASeptember 30, 2014
I had a good kitchen manager here who put procedures in place to be a successful kitchen. Other employees and assistant managers didn't always follow these procedures.
kitchen
Lead Line Cook (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COSeptember 28, 2014
I enjoy any kind of restaurant work, but typically I enjoyed OLD CHICAGO the most, and for so many different reasons. I love the idea that I was able to have so many resposibilities working in the kitchen at old chicago. And I love that they felt I was strong enough and responsible enough to work under such pressure. It Th The hardest part about my job was when you have so many things to do, you want to make sure nothing goes wrong, and in the entire food industry it requires the back of house to run smoothly in order for things in front of the house to run smoothly also, so as long as things were running smooth, I was content. All the way around my experience at old chicago was amazing, because I know people would come in for good food, and when they left with smiles on their faces, I know I did my job.

1 2 3 4 5

About Old Chicago

When you reach this Rock Bottom, you'll find a warm meal and craft brewed beers waiting. Rock Bottom Restaurants operates about 145 – Read more

Old Chicago Salaries