Old Chicago

Old Chicago Employer Reviews

Old Chicago
Hostess/Server (Former Employee), Loveland, COApril 4, 2014
Pros: fun, good people, great management
I lovedddd working for the company, I was a hostess and loved the management and people i worked with, I would go back to them to work as a server for sure!
server
Bartender & Server (Former Employee), Omaha, NEMarch 25, 2014
Pros: meet a lot of people
Cons: always on your feet.
serving people. great college job. Works around your scedual.
worked there for a long time to get passed up for promotion constanly
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORMarch 6, 2014
Pros: cheap lunch
Cons: breaks
worked there for over a year and half way through we had a manager change and i lost all my progress with my old manager. the new one never gave me the light of day and i never got promoted.
management isn't very good
Cook (Former Employee), Olathe, KSFebruary 6, 2014
they are not very clear about what they want and expect you to perform tasks within your station as well as others stations and when you get over time they complain about it. I didn't like the fact that I was never offered a raise even though I did a lot of great things while I was there and then my hours were cut in half as soon as I asked about a – more... raise. – less
Loved working here
Server/Host Trainer (Former Employee), Merrillville, INJanuary 29, 2014
A work day here was never the same since you always had new customers to sever. the management was awesome. co workers were great for the most part. the hardest part of the job was the end of the day .
Highly Recomend
Server (Former Employee), Evansville, INJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: the teamwork, enviornment, respect and opportunies.
Cons: no benefits
Employees were well treated and respected.

Management although strict, they were always team players and helpful no matter how busy or distracted they were.

The enviornment was well maintained by all employees and management, going to work for this employer was like being involved with a second family.
HI welcome to Old Chicago
Hostess (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: getting my very first job
Cons: not enough hours
I was the dinner rush hostess. I learned how to problem solve working here you would have a big family come in and no were to put them for 10 minutes or so explaining to the customer that there is a wait. I loved management ever I got to see them since they would always leave at 4 pm and I usually started 4:30.
Great Employer
Bartender / Server (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: income, and experience
Cons: more money to be made in other restaurants
Old Chicago taught me a lot of what I use now about Customer Service. Great management.
great co-workers, great customers
Waitress (Former Employee), apple valley, mnJanuary 20, 2014
Fast paced!! Everyone has your back during the rush of lunch or dinner. You get to meet new and interesting people every day.
Fast paced work enviorment
Cocktail /Server (Former Employee), Lakewood, COJanuary 20, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to communicate with people on a daily basis
Fun and comfortable working environment
Waitress & Hostess (Former Employee), Rockford, ILJanuary 18, 2014
I enjoyed the staff at the restaurant as well as the clientele.
Great for people who need a job and like people.
Server (Current Employee), Franklin, TNJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: fun people, great hours, short shifts, control your pay
Cons: dry seasons, 2.13 an hours as a server
Old Chicago is a company that is centered on several beliefs that they stick to. As a person who holds morals as well it's good to see a company that cares about the people it serves as well as employees. Granted that the company sometimes can have steep and crazy standards, the people you work with are amazing and I have yet to have that much fun at – more... a job. I was a server there and its 75% play and 25% work, but when you work, you really get into it. It requires good time pacing and prioritizing and the ability to handle drama of other servers and the guests you server as well. – less
Friendly and fun place to work
Host- Greeting (Current Employee), Edmond, OKJanuary 15, 2014
Everyone there is friendly and gets along very well. The fact that youre making money just to be nice to people makes it a whole lot easy. Also a great place to eat at
A typical restaurant in most ways
Server / Bartender/ Host/ Trainer/Asst Manager (Current Employee), Des Moines, IAJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, leaving with cash as a server
Cons: not a lot of room for advancement, not a lot of company recognition
Not a bad company to work for. A place a lot of people stay at for several years. I've been there for 5.
Management at most stores in reasonable, and your co-workers are generally pleasant.
Hardest part of the job is not feeling enough compensation or support from the company at times.
The easiest is the actual work. Most days fly by, and are fun.
High volume and fast pace work enviroment
Bartender (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJanuary 6, 2014
A very fun place to work. As hard as it was sometimes, at the end of the shift it was worth it. Co-workers and management were always available to help when it was needed. Making customers and co-workers happy was one of the perks of the job. At the same time it was also one of the hardest parts of the job.
Enjoyed working as a team.
Server (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 3, 2014
Old Chicago has a entertaining, upbeat atmosphere where it's easy to get things done by working as team. I learned that it's better to help everyone out and not just look out for yourself. My coworkers are all so friendly and will jump in to help whenever asked. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I get to meet new people everyday and have conversations – more... with them. – less
Challenging, fasted paced environment with excellent employees
Assistant Kitchen Manager, line cook (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNDecember 31, 2013
I had a great experience working for Old Chicago. I was in a band for 10 out of the 16 years of employment and the management always made sure I was able to travel with my band and still have a job to come back to. I met many wonderful people through Old Chicago, including my lovely wife.
closed
Assitant Kitchen Manager (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCDecember 30, 2013
Great place to work, Owners were not ready to take on a multiple store deal with a huge corporation.
Fun and 'home-y' atmosphere.
Server/Cocktail Waitress (Former Employee), Mesa, AZDecember 29, 2013
Pros: fun money making environment
The management and team at the Alma School location of Old Chicago do a great job making you feel right at home from the beginning. They also have a great training program to go through so that you never feel out of the loop or un-confident when it comes to being on the job.
This was my first job and i learned a great deal throughout the seven years i was there
Waitress (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CODecember 17, 2013
Pros: 40 hrs a week
Cons: was bought out by a new company
i had amazing co-workers and an amazing boss along-side seeing regular daily and always meeting new people

1 2 3 4

About Old Chicago

When you reach this Rock Bottom, you'll find a warm meal and craft brewed beers waiting. Rock Bottom Restaurants operates about 145 – Read more