Old Chicago

Old Chicago Employee Reviews

Fun, laid back environment
Hostess (Former Employee), Sioux Falls, SDMay 29, 2015
Pros: Free dinner if you closed, 40% discount
Cons: No breaks, rude managers, constantly needing to cover shifts, mangers always expecting you to work a double shift
I was in charge of cleaning and setting up the buffet before we opened, seating people, running the wait list and placing togo orders
Overall good
Server (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNMay 24, 2015
Pros: discounted food, early cuts on short days
Cons: little breaks, little help, lots of problems, out of stock on ideas everyday
Working at Old Chicago gave me a sense of direction when it came to how fast or slow the restaurant business can be but I wouldn't say it was the job for me. Too many personal issues between employees and management for my liking but I still would say the service there is great and the food there is excellent.
Wonderful place
Server (Current Employee), Tucson, AZMay 7, 2015
Pros: Great neighborhood
Cons: High turnover
Great place to work for the regulars, the people that visit are awesome. Fun and welcoming environment. I made many life long friends.
It was okay
Server (Current Employee), MichiganMay 6, 2015
Great job with good money but management was more focused on favorites than actually helping the restaurant. Customers and co-workers are great though.
great workplace!
Hostess, Server, Cocktail, bartend (Former Employee), Eagan, MNApril 29, 2015
Pros: Great Co workers, discount on the food!
Cons: not having a set schedule
Old Chicago in Eagan was not only a place to go and make money but a place to go make money and see all your friends. The customers and coworkers made the job more then just a job. I learned new things on a daily basis. Whether it be from managing and training or from someone telling em a story. It was difficult though at times making sure every one was working together and helping each other out. Patients and control were extremely handy.
My location was not the best at taking care of there employees
Sever/cocktail waitress/trainer (Former Employee), Killeen, TXApril 28, 2015
I worked often from 10am to 2am with no break almost 6 days a week making only $2 an hour. The management was never around when you needed help with a table or customer. There was a lot of stealing and drug usage within the employees at the time. I ended up leaving but i have been in sense to see how it has come along and it is now under new management and seems to be straightening out.
Great Money and fun working environment
Server (Former Employee), Lexington, KYApril 24, 2015
Pros: tips
Cons: benefits and late nights
Great tips and an extensive amount of beers. It is really cool that you are able to sample draft beers. I like the sports bar atmosphere in the bar and the fact that cutomers are rewarded for drinking beers.
Fun place to work
Bartender/Server (Current Employee), Plymouth, MN and Duluth, MNApril 13, 2015
Pros: Working with people
Cons: No breaks and long shifts
It's a fast paced environment, where you can have a good time, connect with people, and make some good money. If you like working with people and making money for how personable you are, you would like this job.
with over 110 beers it made the job fun
Server (Former Employee), Lexington, KYMarch 31, 2015
working at Old Chicago was a fun place. The management was very unprofessional and hard to deal with. My co workers are what the job fun and the customers would become regulars really quick.
Waitress (Current Employee), Jacksonville, NCMarch 11, 2015
Old Chicago is a great place to work, I love the fast paced environment. Management is great and so are my coworkers. The best part about my job is interacting with new people each day.
Interactive group of workers who get along well to make the business successful
Server (Current Employee), Portage, MIFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: dicounts
Cons: no breaks
A typical day for me at work starts out with going in earlier than my scheduled time just to make sure that things are ready and stocked for the night incase we get a rush just to make things run more smooth. I have learned a lot from being a server, it has been a good experience. I have learned that it's not about a personal gain. Yes, even though I am working for tips it is more important that everyone in the restaurant who comes in as are guest are taken care of efficiently. It is a very team oriented work environment. It is not about who can make the most money it's making sure we create an experience to ensure that customers will come back. My managers are great. Each one is very different which can be good and bad. None of them are really on the same page as far as rules or responsibilities. This makes it hard because one manager will expect a certain thing and another may not. The people I work with are like family. We always have a good time at work and out of the work environment. We spend so much time together it's hard not to make a personal connection with them. The hardest part of my job would have to be closing the restaurant. This requires me to make sure everyone else is doing their share of work to get the place cleaned up and ready for the next day. This can be challenging because it is hard to tell people what they are doing wrong and micromanage them.
Fun work Environment
o Server/Cocktail waitress (Current Employee), Boulder, CoFebruary 24, 2015
I have been able to work for Old Chicago for over 2 years now. They have been great in allowing me to balance full time school and the job.
Love my job!
Host, Certified Trainer (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: great people, great job
Cons: pay
I absolutely love my job! I get to work with the most amazing people which makes working fun. I have gained lots of skills while working there that will carry over in future careers. Management is great. The hardest part of my job is the pay..we all have bills to pay.
Fun bar, sports and restaurant environment
Server/Waiter (Current Employee), Superior, COFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: quick/busy shifts, great money
Old Chicago is always a great work environment to walk in! My co-workers make me excited to go into work every day, and the management push for the best in everyone.
A fast-paced and energetic new restaurant.
Server/Waiter (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: discounts on food and free samples during tastings.
Cons: no breaks and difficult management.
A typical day involved preparing the restaurant for success and interacting with my customers and co-workers in a positive manner to ensure efficiency and success in the workplace. I learned how to multitask and remain calm in the face of multiple tasks and a diverse clientele. My management needed to focus more on the guest experience and less on the corporate quotas, but my co-workers were fun, determined, and cooperative. The hardest part of the job was balancing the demands of the guests with the realities of a kitchen that was not always on point with the food or the timeliness of an order. The most enjoyable part by far was interacting with an array of new and interesting people, both as guests in the restaurant and as the waiters alongside me.
A Summary
Server (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 28, 2015
Typical day at work would be after arrival, having a little meeting, talking about the management and all, and after that starting the day, greeting customers, appoint them to table, take their orders, put them in system, interact with them. I learned to follow the rules, to get what customer exactly requested for.
An in between job
Server (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: excellent team of co-workers
Cons: management team, the hourly salary
I would great tables, get drink orders, go over menu options and answer any questions, then take the orders when they were ready. Put the orders into our computer system, then I would do side work which would consist of running food, restocking any food/ garnishes on the line that were low, rolling silverware, cutting up any garnishes that needed to be cut. then i would give the table their food, check on them a couple times before removing the food out of their way, sometimes boxing it. Then running the check over to them and taking their payment. If it was cash, I would make sure I got them the correct change back. The management at this establishment was ok, they were not horrible, but made it very hard for people to move up in this restaurant. My co-workers are what made it worth it, I was lucky to work with some great people.
productive and fun workplace
Hostess (Former Employee), Midwest City, OKJanuary 12, 2015
would seat guests, managers were friendly and so were co-workers.
Productive work environment. Supervisors and peers are always willing to help.
Server/Waiter (Current Employee), Manhattan, KSJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: 40% off meals. free drinks during shifts. elevation throughout the business if desired.
Cons: work comp requires 7 missed days in a row to compensate you, though, as a server, your schedule is sporadic and usually not always the same.
Supervisors were always there to help and guide you for any purpose. Co-workers were also very gracious to always help you with the most mundane to most complicated of requests. Employer does well to work with your schedule and get you the schedule that works with other things, such as school, and getting you enough shifts to where you're making the money you need. Very upbeat; time goes by quickly whilst working. Talking with guests and the social environment between guests and co-workers made going to work a very positive thought.
Productive work environment
Server-Bartender-Trainer (Current Employee), Coralville, IADecember 31, 2014
Great experience being employed at Old Chicago. However, going back to school and need to advance in the professional work industry.

1 2 3 4 5

About Old Chicago

When you reach this Rock Bottom, you'll find a warm meal and craft brewed beers waiting. Rock Bottom Restaurants operates about 145 – Read more

Old Chicago Salaries