Old Chicago Employee Reviews

Fun atmosphere
Server (Current Employee), Papillion NEAugust 13, 2015
I love the people I work with, everything runs smoothly. Sometimes we do have technical issues, and communication problems, but they get sorted out quickly.
Productive place to advance in a timely manner
Server/Hostess (Current Employee), Louisville, KYAugust 12, 2015
At Old Chicago, I was a certified host and server trainer ensuring all other employees did the job correctly. As a server, I love being myself with guests because I am outgoing, love to smile, and love to make other feel comfortable enough they could come back everyday, if possible. I enjoy serving, but I am looking to be more successful as a medical assistant and eventually becoming an RN. I want to better myself and career for my 6 month year old daughter and myself!
Good Enviroment
Server/cocktail/bartender (Former Employee), Broomfield, COAugust 11, 2015
Pros: good food, good people
Cons: a little dirty
Working here for almost two years the service, the food the environment is awesome. I really enjoyed the kindness, the team work, and the happy, encouraging faces all around. The location was busy even on a monday night so it was easy for servers to make good money.
Corporate
Managing Partner/General Manager (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COAugust 4, 2015
Very corporate restaurant, late hours. Many different aspects of management as well as continual input from corporate office and higher management.
Working with Food
Dishwasher (Former Employee), 100 Superior Plaza Way, Superior, CO 80027July 29, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours, free food sometimes.
Cons: stressful, not very personal connections with co workers
Fast paced environment, no time for brakes and sometimes stressful. Good for flexible hours. There is no lunch time DMO so dishes would pile up on the floor so you'd already start behind.
High paced Company, goal oriented, fun company
Assistant Kitchen Manager (Current Employee), Columbia, SCJuly 19, 2015
Typical day is fun high paced. I have learned to be more patient and emphatic with my employees. They have a wonderful management program. My co-workers are great managers, hard workers, and productive. The hardest part of the job is being able to multi-task in the midst of high pace business.
fun
Hostess (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 6, 2015
Pros: fun
Cons: fun
A overall good place to work with fun people to be around. It was a friendly enviromnet to be apart of.
Great work environment and great management
Server/Bartender/Trainer (Former Employee), Aurora, COJune 17, 2015
Pros: Fun environment, felt like family
Cons: Some favoritism
I truly enjoyed working here and was sad when I left. It felt like I was leaving family. I knew there was room to grow because I was a trained and told that I could go into the manager training program. The down side would be that there was some favoritism when it came to shifts, but you got used to it. I also got close to a regular schedule which was nice.
Great food and beer
Hostess, Server (Former Employee), Casper, WYMay 30, 2015
A high energy place to work with great food and drinks, a typical sports bar with plenty of TV's while also keeping up a good family atmosphere.
Fun, laid back environment
Hostess (Former Employee), Sioux Falls, SDMay 29, 2015
Pros: Free dinner if you closed, 40% discount
Cons: No breaks, rude managers, constantly needing to cover shifts, mangers always expecting you to work a double shift
I was in charge of cleaning and setting up the buffet before we opened, seating people, running the wait list and placing togo orders
Overall good
Server (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNMay 24, 2015
Pros: discounted food, early cuts on short days
Cons: little breaks, little help, lots of problems, out of stock on ideas everyday
Working at Old Chicago gave me a sense of direction when it came to how fast or slow the restaurant business can be but I wouldn't say it was the job for me. Too many personal issues between employees and management for my liking but I still would say the service there is great and the food there is excellent.
Wonderful place
Server (Current Employee), Tucson, AZMay 7, 2015
Pros: Great neighborhood
Cons: High turnover
Great place to work for the regulars, the people that visit are awesome. Fun and welcoming environment. I made many life long friends.
It was okay
Server (Current Employee), MichiganMay 6, 2015
Great job with good money but management was more focused on favorites than actually helping the restaurant. Customers and co-workers are great though.
great workplace!
Hostess, Server, Cocktail, bartend (Former Employee), Eagan, MNApril 29, 2015
Pros: Great Co workers, discount on the food!
Cons: not having a set schedule
Old Chicago in Eagan was not only a place to go and make money but a place to go make money and see all your friends. The customers and coworkers made the job more then just a job. I learned new things on a daily basis. Whether it be from managing and training or from someone telling em a story. It was difficult though at times making sure every one was working together and helping each other out. Patients and control were extremely handy.
My location was not the best at taking care of there employees
Sever/cocktail waitress/trainer (Former Employee), Killeen, TXApril 28, 2015
I worked often from 10am to 2am with no break almost 6 days a week making only $2 an hour. The management was never around when you needed help with a table or customer. There was a lot of stealing and drug usage within the employees at the time. I ended up leaving but i have been in sense to see how it has come along and it is now under new management and seems to be straightening out.
Great Money and fun working environment
Server (Former Employee), Lexington, KYApril 24, 2015
Pros: tips
Cons: benefits and late nights
Great tips and an extensive amount of beers. It is really cool that you are able to sample draft beers. I like the sports bar atmosphere in the bar and the fact that cutomers are rewarded for drinking beers.
Fun place to work
Bartender/Server (Current Employee), Plymouth, MN and Duluth, MNApril 13, 2015
Pros: Working with people
Cons: No breaks and long shifts
It's a fast paced environment, where you can have a good time, connect with people, and make some good money. If you like working with people and making money for how personable you are, you would like this job.
with over 110 beers it made the job fun
Server (Former Employee), Lexington, KYMarch 31, 2015
working at Old Chicago was a fun place. The management was very unprofessional and hard to deal with. My co workers are what the job fun and the customers would become regulars really quick.
Waitress (Current Employee), Jacksonville, NCMarch 11, 2015
Old Chicago is a great place to work, I love the fast paced environment. Management is great and so are my coworkers. The best part about my job is interacting with new people each day.
Interactive group of workers who get along well to make the business successful
Server (Current Employee), Portage, MIFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: dicounts
Cons: no breaks
A typical day for me at work starts out with going in earlier than my scheduled time just to make sure that things are ready and stocked for the night incase we get a rush just to make things run more smooth. I have learned a lot from being a server, it has been a good experience. I have learned that it's not about a personal gain. Yes, even though I am working for tips it is more important that everyone in the restaurant who comes in as are guest are taken care of efficiently. It is a very team oriented work environment. It is not about who can make the most money it's making sure we create an – more... experience to ensure that customers will come back. My managers are great. Each one is very different which can be good and bad. None of them are really on the same page as far as rules or responsibilities. This makes it hard because one manager will expect a certain thing and another may not. The people I work with are like family. We always have a good time at work and out of the work environment. We spend so much time together it's hard not to make a personal connection with them. The hardest part of my job would have to be closing the restaurant. This requires me to make sure everyone else is doing their share of work to get the place cleaned up and ready for the next day. This can be challenging because it is hard to tell people what they are doing wrong and micromanage them. – less