Old Chicago Employee Reviews

Stressful - create co-workers
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Thornton, CONovember 17, 2017
old chicago was one of those jobs that you loved, but were a bit on edge, as is with most restaurants. Two of the managers were a bit curt and irritable, but the other two very friendly and patient. My fellow hostesses and waiters were welcoming and friendly. Even guests were kind
Great customer relations and work environment
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILNovember 14, 2017
Great environment. Offers both a bar atmosphere and family friendly environment. Great food and drink selections. Consistent business for both lunch and dinner.
Pros
Busy year round
Cons
Corporate protocols
Fast pace, stressfull, low wage, high expectations
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NENovember 13, 2017
Line cooks make everything work yet you do not get paid for what you do. Long hours, do not count on taking time off, managers place you at bottom of the rung, lack compassion when having family emergencies
Great work environment
Front Line Staff (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KS 66502November 6, 2017
I loved working here because the team was great. It was very fast paced and I was able to meet new people. It is a place that multi-tasking was something you needed to be great at. Awesome customer service was another thing you needed working at Old Chicago.
Pros
Great Team and Discounted Lunch
Cons
Short Staffed
Great Atmosphere
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WINovember 6, 2017
Old Chicago was my favorite place to work. They have a wonderful menu and its a fun place to work. They put a big emphasis on being friendly with your guests. you were encouraged to take a seat with regular guests when you had time and they loved it. Many of our guests considered us friends not just servers. That's probabLy why we would see many of them three times a week.
Pros
Management by inclusion.
Cons
There is no store where I live now.
Review
Lead Bartender (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKNovember 6, 2017
Good place to work. Awesome management, the people who come in there are great, meet a lot of regulars while working there who have become life long friends.
This place was so much fun
Host and Server (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEOctober 28, 2017
Working here was so much fun, consistently surrounded by great people. All the managers here are so great and fun, all with their own personalities trying to make you the greatest in your position. The restaurant regulars are amazing as well with such dedication. Overall amazing place to work and great flow of money.
Pros
Everyone on staff, the pay, the opportunity
Fun with a catch
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDOctober 23, 2017
Management changes were fresh and were apparent prior to hiring date, when the GM himself seemed to be beyond disorganized and confused on many different topics that included going through orientation with other employees. It broke down to how neglectful they became over a period of time so it was about time to leave to build upon being a better cook than dealing with the irrelevant topics that drove e away.
Great
Restaurant Server, Lead Trainer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 23, 2017
Old Chicago was a wonderful place to work. I loved it so much my coworkers became like family. The concept of teamwork there was by far the best I have ever seen. I genuinely enjoyed everyone that worked and visited.
Great coworkers, poor management
Server (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 18, 2017
Management is often petty and uncommunicative. Instead of addressing an issue head on, they will cut your hours or switch your shifts to lower-paying shifts. I didn't even know I was doing something wrong until I was switched completely to lunch shifts, and I had to talk with them repeatedly about what I could be doing to improve. It took months to get back to my dinner shifts and I still, to this day, don't know what I did. I think I just annoyed the scheduling manager, and he had favorites. It often felt cliquey but after working there for two years I still value the experience I gained. I loved my coworkers for the most part, and the regulars were great. Tips tend to be consistent.
Pros
40% off food, regulars, coworkers
Cons
cliquey, poor management, no direction
Fun place to work, love all of my coworkers
Server (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNOctober 17, 2017
Loved working here for my part time job in college. furthered my customer service expirience, and got the chance to work with all ages of people. It is going to be hard to quit this job.
Productive environment, amazing job as a whole.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COOctober 12, 2017
I was lucky enough to work at an OC that was more than just a job. The other team members were friendly for the most part, welcoming, and always willing to help out wherever help was needed. The environment is fun and being there makes it easy to enjoy what you are doing.
Pros
Cons
N/a
Decent Job
Host/Server/Cocktail (Current Employee) –  Midwest City, OKOctober 5, 2017
Old Chicago over all was a decent place to work, it is a typical serving position except I have been around the same group of people here for about 5 years. It is like a family. Management is quite fair, and does help those who work hard shine and reward with fair shifts to show for hard work. I quite enjoyed meeting new people and serving a quality standard above what was expected.
Pros
Cocktail
Cons
No ability to advance, no benefits, minimum wage
Old Chicago
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSOctober 4, 2017
I was just a dishwasher and I wanted to try something different than just washing dishes. I got a job offer for a better job at the time. Good company to work for.
A quick paced and comfortable dining establishment
Host/Certified Trainer/Server/Trained Bartender (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COOctober 1, 2017
I loved working for the company, though restaurant work was not my final goal. Like every restaurant, there were many stressful shifts, but the strong cast made it worthwhile. I've made some of my closest friends at that job.
Good Place to Work
Server (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NESeptember 26, 2017
It is an overall great place to work, just didn't provide the stability I need for a job to work while going to college. The management was easy to work with when I needed a day off.
Fun
Server (Current Employee) –  Garden City, KSSeptember 25, 2017
Its been a fun place to work, great atmosphere, managers and coworkers are great! Great money! Fast paced and always on the go. Good food and many many different drinks to choose from for the customers.
Pros
Everything ;)
Cons
sometimes late nights
busy
Kitchen Manager and AGM (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 23, 2017
great atomosphere very respectfull of employee, great salary, employee rention is really good, slow advacnment, they flip flop a lot on policy and changes to them.
Pros
good work enviorment
Cons
flip flop on things
Very Fun Work Environment
Pizza Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 21, 2017
Very friendly employees, fast paced environment, everyone is willing to help, can get stressful at times, always on the go not much down time. Managers know positions very well and will step in on the line to ensure production speed.
Pros
free food
Cons
not alot of hours
Fast paced restaurant with too many coupons.
Server (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COSeptember 19, 2017
Check sizes don't often get very large, and when they do there are typically coupons which cut deeply into your total sales. Most of the people there are great to work with, and can make decent money on most occasions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Old Chicago. Our community is ready to answer.