Old Dominion Freight Line

Old Dominion Freight Line Employee Reviews

Fork-lift production
Fork-lift operator (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCMay 2, 2015
Pros: Good money
Cons: Congested work space
Freight line business.

Working forklift.

Hard working management.

Hard working co-workers.

Lifting 100 lbs over your head.

Making life long friends.
Good balance of expectations and relaxed atmosphere
IT Intern (Former Employee), Thomasville, NCApril 28, 2015
Relaxed environment with proper available resources.
Fair compensation.
Innovative thinking is encouraged.
Culture of the department was very open.
A good place to work, they pay good, trucks OK
City Driver (Former Employee), Forest View, ILMarch 25, 2015
Pros: good pay, good benefits. they treat you with respect.
Cons: short on delivery equipment some times.
Did Local Deliveries in Chicago Area, short on pallets jacks and hand
trucks, it could be room of improvement on the way the handle freight
to not get damage, management OK., co-workers most the time does not like to socialize with another ethnicity group, they treat you with respect, give you incentives like safety bonus, and they not push you to make your deliveries just got to keep a good pace.
"Dishonest and Unloyal"
Receptionist/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Boonton, NJMarch 20, 2015
Pros: health benefits & pay
Cons: poor training, poor management, outdated equipment
No steady structure in work procedures. Procedures changed on a daily basis there . Not a family oriented company anymore. Very micro managed. Management is poor and they have no people skills. If an issue arises, things are either swept under the rug or you are written up without them hearing your side of story. Management does not want to hear anything, They will not back you up. Whatever corporate office say's goes, then you are out the door.
excellent position
Professional Driver (Former Employee), CLEVELAND OHIOMarch 16, 2015
Pros: breakfast
Cons: long hours
I loved working here it was a great place to work all drivers and staff got along very well THE MANAGEMNT CARED ABOUT THE ITS EMPLOYES. the BENIFITS WE NOT GREAT BUT NOT AS BAD AS OTHERS
productive job enviroment great working atmosphere
Lead Loader (Former Employee), Dallas,TXMarch 10, 2015
Pros: lunch cookouts
Cons: no breaks really just lunch
A typical day at work consisted of loading and unloading freight. During my time here I learned to read manifest and organize loads so that they were easy to unload at the next terminal. The management team were excellent communicators and always let us know what needed to be done in a timely manner. My co-workers were typical dock workers overall we worked as a team. The hardest part I would consider was having to re-coop freight, but it wasn't that it was hard just time consuming. The most enjoyable part of working there was the atmosphere, it was like a family especially when they had cookouts.
good pay and pretty good people
Line Haul Driver (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCMarch 2, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: silly rules
company pays well, takes care of employees with top of line equipment no forced dispatch and will send you home whenever you want'
Mechanics are rude
Driver (Current Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: independent
Cons: rude mechanics
Current driver, management is great, but the mechanics in the Columbus, OH terminal can be rude.

Hardest part is being away from family.
Good company but no advancement opportunities
PICKUP & DELIVERY CLERK (Current Employee), White Pine, TNJanuary 24, 2015
Cons: no breaks and short lunches.
Handle any problems that surface from the dock personnel and drivers. Make sure all bill of ladings and delivery receipts are properly signed and completed by customers and drivers. The hardest part of the job is working nights but the most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the dock personnel and drivers.
chanllenging, productive
Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 24, 2015
a typical day was just to clock in and have a daily meeting, hop on collect my manifest for the day hop on my fork lift and get to work, the workers are very help full, they will stop what they were doing to help out.
free lunch
Dock Worker (Former Employee), CAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: free food on fridays
Cons: short breaks
easy to pic up. good trainers.how to drive a flok lift safe.co-workers are a little hard on heavy work day.goods flex hours.
Busy
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), South Milwaukee, WIOctober 22, 2014
Pros: compensation, co-workers
Cons: too small of a warehouse, management can get on you
A typical day consists of a lot of activity. A lot of freight is being moved in a short period of time. The system is easy to know and far more advanced than most once you get it down.
Fast pace and motvating
Dockworker/Lead (Former Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 16, 2014
Constance and steady work, great group of people. The great thing that I learned at Old Dominion was when I became a Lead. I learned so much when I got the position, the part I enjoyed the most was helping others learn the task in hand
Great Place to Work
Line Hauler Driver (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 8, 2014
Drive Double Trailers, people are very nice, hardest part of job is dealing with traffic safetly.
Hard work but Good Pay
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJAugust 20, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: hard work
A typical day on the job would be that I clock in and move freight from one trailer to the next. Sometimes you might have to recoup the freight but that is not too bad. The only hard part of the job would the hrs. I work the overnight shift and its gets to you especially if working at night is not for you.
Company
Truck Driver (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYJuly 14, 2014
Great place to work!
Everyone is easy-going and easy to get along with.
The company takes great care of their employees
Fun place to work but horrible job security
Dock Worker (Former Employee), Morristown, TNJuly 12, 2014
Pros: good pay/ insurance
Cons: managment doesnt play by the book
I worked at OD for almost One year had two written commendations and was considered a good employee from all upper management. I got one write up after being there for seven months with out one for excessive breaks which EVERYBODY DOES well that write up was considered my finale write up so months later I told my supervisor how some other supervisors wasn't doing their job the way the should and things needed to be fixed then weeks later I get fired for an unauthorized break which all I did was step outside to cool off no different then other employees but yet I was the one being watched and loss my job . I have heard they have fired more people . its not a great company to move up in when they are being shady to just get people out .
Line Haul Dispatcher (Former Employee), Rialto, CAJune 15, 2014
Pros: great company, good benefits
Cons: long hours for salaried employees
Fast paced environment. A lot of pressure from upper management. Hardest part if job is dealing with issues quickly and efficiently.
Productive, high pace environment
Forklift operator (Former Employee), los angelesJune 9, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: hard people to deal with, managers, employees.
Worked in a high pace environment where my skills were put to the best use. Lifting heavy objects, operated forklifts, palletized and broke down boxes and items. I have learned to work very well under pressure. I have also learned to build thick skin. Be a team leader and work well with others. Manage and maintain clean facility. Co workers were difficult to work with in the beginning. Most enjoyable was the company barbecues and benefits.
Challenging but a great place to work!
Dock Worker (Former Employee), Oshkosh, La Crosse, WIMay 13, 2014
Pros: free coffee, and a good manager
A typical day would consist of waking up at around 4:45 am and working till 10:00 am and sometimes 12:00pm. On the occasion of more freight I would be up by 3:00 am sometimes. In addition to the early hours, on Sundays we would be at work at 12:00 am to 8,9,10 or 11 am. My responsibilities included documenting damages by photographing dents, scrapes and cracks and recording them in a log. Also I had to adequately move freight at a quota and avoid damaging freight with my forklift.

1 2 3 4

About Old Dominion Freight Line

Old Dominion Freight Line still makes its stand in Dixie, but the trucking company serves the rest of the US, as well. Less-than-truckload – Read more

Old Dominion Freight Line Salaries