Old Dominion Security Employee Reviews

fun
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VAJune 18, 2017
It is ok to work there in that type of atmosphere if you like it but it takes a like of getting use too it has a high turn over rate i am not sure why but its a job.
easy work place
securiy gaurd (Current Employee) –  Chester, VAApril 12, 2017
very easy job but the downside is management. you will never see or hear from them, if you need something don't count on them. Not very much room to grow either
Pros
easy
Cons
pay
Good Job
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 5, 2017
I enjoyed the job, I was able to assist people with issues within the hospital. My boss was a very respectful and helpful person . I learn how to deal with the public in a positive way no matter what the issue was
Fun atmosphere
Security Officer (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMarch 22, 2017
A typical day of mine at ODS was patrolling the halls of the units at this psychiatric hospital, processing valuables that were given to the staff from the patients when they were being admitted and allowing vistors back on the units to visit the patients. I learned how to become a security officer that could be stern and still care about the patients. I sometimes wish the management could be better at giving directions to their staff but they were doing their best. I would say the hardest part of my job was that I cared too much for the patients. I loved dealing with vistors coming in to visit their loved ones who were on the units, seeing a smile on their face when the visitors came to visit was the best feeling I've ever had.
Pros
Free Drinks
Cons
Cant care for the patients
Horrible place
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  WvMarch 17, 2017
This is the most unworthy and untrusted company any one can work for the manger himself is a complete joke as well as staff and there is no getting in trouble for calling off being on company property. Just plain horrible place to work for
Very unorganized company
Security Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 17, 2017
Communication is the biggest issue with this company. Pay is slightly above average for contract security. I spent over a year working more than 70 hours a week just to cover shifts at my site while management did nothing but complain about overtime and did not interviews to attempt to cover the open shifts.
Awesome place to work!
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VA 23230December 28, 2016
Personally, I love this job! Its great if you're looking for easy work and decent pay. They will pay for your DCJS certification. The management is great to work with. Very friendly atmosphere!
Pros
Laid-back, steady schedule, opritunities to get overtime
Cons
sometimes high-risk, physically involved
Apply if desperate
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VADecember 11, 2016
Management is inexperienced of the site and employees are unprofessional. The pay is lousy and there are no benefits. Management plays favoritism role and selective on whom they terminate. Did I mention turnover rate is high?!
Pros
easy
Cons
inexperience management
Security Officer
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 17, 2016
The job is very flexible but the benefits are not good. Management only willing to work with those whom they favor. Turn over rate is very high. Part time workers find it hard to be hired full time.
Pros
Good job if you do not like standing on your feet the entire shift.
Cons
No advancement even if you have a degree in Criminal Justice.
Fair
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 4, 2016
The old manager Steve was horrible Jake is 10 times better looking forward to sticking with the company and maybe growing just depends on who they promote
good company to work for
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 31, 2016
most enjoyable part was working with the Drs,nurses and patients.and keeping everyone safe. and liked dealing with disruptive patients.
Pros
staff
Cons
no free lunch
bad place to work
Sercurity Officer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 23, 2016
bad place to work looking after mental patients and protecting doctors a
nd nurses.it was to dangerous.alot of times im just sitting there for 8 hrs with no breaks.when im attacked by a mental patient i had no protection
Pros
Cons
no breaks
Good Company to work for
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Clinton, NCJuly 9, 2016
ODS Security Solutions is a good company to work for. They provide the training necessary to fulfill the job requirements at Sampson Regional Hospital.
I have learned how to deal with many unusual, non typical situations in a hospital environment while dealing with mentally unstable patients.
Coworkers are readily available to assist in times of crisis
I enjoy working all aspects of my job and look forward to opportunity to advance my security job skills
Pros
Excellent for entely level security
security is lacking!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 9, 2016
You do everything but security, i deal with crazy and diseased patients,back biting co-workers and we transport dead bodies to the morgue! I have been in the security field for a long time now and i will tell you this, this company only care's about the private police and armed guards they have, they are a wbc and they do not care about your concerns for safety! My staff and supervisors all agree with me but the sad thing is management does not take it serious and when things go bad like you knew they would they blame it on security,knowing you warned them, look they hire anyone to fill spots like every other fake company, promote butt kissers and worst of all are very sexist when it comes to hiring and reprimanding meaning if you look good you wont get fired!
Pros
Great people on your team depending how you are!
Cons
Low pay, favortism, lie to you, health care and disregerd's your safety concerns if it makes client upset!
Enjoyed working for them
Security officer (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 15, 2016
I am still working for Old Dominion security,and i have been with them for two years now. They always post me on different sites as a security officer.
Exciting Healthcare facility
Security Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VADecember 12, 2015
Constant excitement and ongoing problem solving. There were great employees, with different personalities, which made the workplace more interesting. The hardest part of my job, was the workload and dealing with the client. The client was unrealistic and one -sided. The most enjoyable aspects of my job, was interacting with the customers and visitors. I love helping others and solving problems. I learned more about how to manage others and how to apply my interpersonal skills on an everyday basis.
Pros
job advancement
Cons
limited resources
horrible work staff
Facility Site Supervisor, Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VADecember 7, 2015
Can't count on the higher ups, They cant be trusted after you move on to bigger and better things for background checks.. all are haters bc they still work there
Old Dominion Security is a good commpany to work for, but not the greatest
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 3, 2015
I've worked at ODS for more than a year now. Work itself isn't so hard. All you have to do is show up to work and do your rounds and that is it. the compensation isn't the greatest. there are other security companies out there that pays a lot more than ODS. Management is good. Everyone at ODS is friendly and easy to talk to.
Pros
Easy job, great management
Cons
pay is not that great $9.00/hr
Please stay away
Security guard (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg vaAugust 17, 2015
I promise you this job is not worth it at all. I worked here for awhile and I hated it with a passion. Staff treats you awful and you literally do everything but security work it seems. I was done with ODS when I almost lost my life with a patient almost got a hold of the cops gun and after saving the cops life I got a 10 dollar gift card to Burger King and a lecture on how I need to stop texting. I worked mid nights and was by myself often. The pay is awful and there's no job growth. Many people leave a week or two after being hired. I was hired with 20 people and 3 of us stayed. It was really the worst job of my life. But work here at your own risk. Good luck
Horrible
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VaJuly 7, 2015
Not a good place to work, most of the staff treats security like second class. Management has no clue of what is right and wrong with the job, refuses input from officers.
Pros
zero
Cons
low pay, high priced insurance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Old Dominion Security. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9