Old Dominion Security Employee Reviews in United States

Good Company to work for
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Clinton, NCJuly 9, 2016
ODS Security Solutions is a good company to work for. They provide the training necessary to fulfill the job requirements at Sampson Regional Hospital.
I have learned how to deal with many unusual, non typical situations in a hospital environment while dealing with mentally unstable patients.
Coworkers are readily available to assist in times of crisis
I enjoy working all aspects of my job and look forward to opportunity to advance my security job skills
Pros
Excellent for entely level security
security is lacking!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 9, 2016
You do everything but security, i deal with crazy and diseased patients,back biting co-workers and we transport dead bodies to the morgue! I have been in the security field for a long time now and i will tell you this, this company only care's about the private police and armed guards they have, they are a wbc and they do not care about your concerns for safety! My staff and supervisors all agree with me but the sad thing is management does not take it serious and when things go bad like you knew they would they blame it on security,knowing you warned them, look they hire anyone to fill spots like every other fake company, promote butt kissers and worst of all are very sexist when it comes to hiring and reprimanding meaning if you look good you wont get fired!
Pros
Great people on your team depending how you are!
Cons
Low pay, favortism, lie to you, health care and disregerd's your safety concerns if it makes client upset!
Enjoyed working for them
Security officer (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 15, 2016
I am still working for Old Dominion security,and i have been with them for two years now. They always post me on different sites as a security officer.
horrible work staff
Facility Site Supervisor, Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VADecember 7, 2015
Can't count on the higher ups, They cant be trusted after you move on to bigger and better things for background checks.. all are haters bc they still work there
Old Dominion Security is a good commpany to work for, but not the greatest
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 3, 2015
I've worked at ODS for more than a year now. Work itself isn't so hard. All you have to do is show up to work and do your rounds and that is it. the compensation isn't the greatest. there are other security companies out there that pays a lot more than ODS. Management is good. Everyone at ODS is friendly and easy to talk to.
Pros
Easy job, great management
Cons
pay is not that great $9.00/hr
Please stay away
Security guard (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg vaAugust 17, 2015
I promise you this job is not worth it at all. I worked here for awhile and I hated it with a passion. Staff treats you awful and you literally do everything but security work it seems. I was done with ODS when I almost lost my life with a patient almost got a hold of the cops gun and after saving the cops life I got a 10 dollar gift card to Burger King and a lecture on how I need to stop texting. I worked mid nights and was by myself often. The pay is awful and there's no job growth. Many people leave a week or two after being hired. I was hired with 20 people and 3 of us stayed. It was really the worst job of my life. But work here at your own risk. Good luck
Horrible
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VaJuly 7, 2015
Not a good place to work, most of the staff treats security like second class. Management has no clue of what is right and wrong with the job, refuses input from officers.
Pros
zero
Cons
low pay, high priced insurance
Great position while in School
Security Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAFebruary 16, 2015
This is a great position for someone who is currently in school and working on a degree. It is a easy way to bring in a little money on the side.
Waste of your Time & Life
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VirginiaDecember 23, 2014
Bottom Line : $13 hour for doing everything for hospital staff except the job you were hired for.You might have to get into a fight a psych patient so if you like fighting there you go. Health & Dental Benefits stinks, You couldn't possibly afford it. The only Job advancement is to be a supervisor..for a $1 more.smh only apply for this if your desperate or your just love drama in your life.
Pros
you get a virginia unarmed security officer license
Cons
fighting patient, low wages, incompetent manager, etc
Taking over Northwest Community Hospital IN HOUSE Security
Former NWCH security officer (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights/NWCHNovember 29, 2014
This company is currently NOT LICENSED to operate as a security company in Illinois , they are taking over the now proprietary security department at Northwest Community Hospital, whose members are loosing all their excellant in house wages & benefits and insurance for the terrible to no benefits ; No shift differentials, No PTO , none to little or no sick leave, little or no vacations, In hospital security you risk being kicked,punched , spat at or upon, have urine and feces thrown at you. You engage in restraints of violent individuals who may or may not have HIV, hepititis c, and any other of the spectrum of virus's and sickness alcohol and drug abusers have.You will have to sit hours on end with these same individuals, you will have spend hours outside jump starting cars or valet parking them in the bitter cold rain or shine, night or day. For 10 or 11 bucks and hour is this all worth it to you.
Pros
absolutely none
Cons
penny pinching at it's finest, all the risks with no benefits
Enjoy working in the field I have a degree in.
Unarmed security officer (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 9, 2014
I screen patients entering the hospital currently for Ebola. We have 2-3 questins to ask before they enter the lobby to register to be seen by a doctor.
Cons
its part time so i may not necessarily get all the days i request.
Great work place
Part time Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 20, 2014
Slow days of patrols
Learned correct security training: first line of defense
Great management and co-workers
Not a severely hard job
Great opportunity
Horrible company to work for
Supervisor at INOVA EC Centers (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VASeptember 10, 2014
No opportunity for advancement. No raises have been given to Security Officers in over 4 years. It is rare that you will advance to a Supervisor, and even then the pay is extremely low. The pay is so low that in Northern Virginia, a single officer needs to apply for State Aid to acquire affordable housing, as in an apartment complex.
Pros
no time is taken out for dinner break although you are on duty during that time.
Cons
constantly threatened for minor infractions, up to and including termination.
Very work friendly environment, easy going coworkers and very productive management.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Richmond VaAugust 19, 2014
Working for ODS consist of everyday securing the plant of employees making sure that it is a safe and work friendly environment. We make sure that trucks, employees and visitors are properly logged in to our system to further easy access to the plant for those who frequently are present. Co-workes make the job easy by being supportive and helpful with advice and decision making for our company dealing with clients and establishing better relationships with future clients. The hardest part of the job is not granting access to those whom you know have to come into work but do not have the proper identification. Without the proper ID, we are not allowed to let anyone on the property. It makes the job hard to deny those whom we see everyday and know are not trespassers. We have a job to do and we cannot jeopardize our own jobs by giving them access to the plant. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the people who come to work everyday willing to give 100% every single day with no complaints.
Pros
department of criminal justice service authorization
good company to work for
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VAJune 21, 2014
good company to work for with the exception of even if you were a loyal employee had a good record still you would not be hired back if you left the company on good terms. I left on FMLA and my job was terminated when I was ready to come back after I was told I could no rehire. Company changed policy if you worked there before you could not be re hired this stinks think twice about working for this company.
Cons
would not recognize your work or loyalty
Not good
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJune 17, 2014
Low pay for the for work . Low moral and hi turnover. There will never be a raise I was told point blank. If you complain they tell you there's the door.
Cons
pay work environment
some days are productive others are not
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMay 21, 2014
A typical day at work involves dealing with Patients that are out of control, Marking patrols throughout the hospital observing and reporting anything you see out of the ordinary. My coworkers I work with on day shift are great! the hardest part of my job would not be restraining patients but when we have slow days and nothing is going on I am young I need to move around. the most enjoyable part of my job is when we have a busy day and i am constantly moving around dealing with my team and patients or visitors at the hospital.
Pros
always overtime
Cons
the benifits are not good at all
Professional workplace
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAApril 10, 2014
I would love to be employed with this company. The management is excellent, and the people are very professional
Not a good company to work for.
Safety n Security (Former Employee) –  Inova Fairfax Hospital Falls Church VaApril 4, 2014
As a former employee of Inova Fairfax Hospital i felt disrespected when they decided to go to ODS. I was fortunate enough to keep my pay but my coworkers made less than enough money for the job we did. At Inova Fairfax you are considered the police. We constantly fought drug addicts, mental health patients, homeless people and on and on. I was fortunate to only get hurt in one fight in my 7 years working there. My immediate supervisor showed that he cared but anyone higher up showed no interest. I have had coworkers who tore the acl, get spat on bite and so much more. Not to mention the dr reds, code pinks and all the other drills that are done on a regular basis. Dont get me wrong, but Fairfax was the only one conducting these drils. Alexandria,Loudoun, Fair Oaks were not doing this. This is what i mean when i say poor management. All of the hospitals should be on the same page. I could go on and on buti will end here. This could be a great job if the higher ups really cared about oficers and their safety instead of just worrying about having a body on the shift.
Pros
was much better when we worked for inova.
Cons
poorly managed company. too litle pay for the work required.
Simply Put, DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!!!
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAMarch 24, 2014
As a tenured very professional former ( resigned ) employee in the field of contracted security, I must say this has to be THE WORST managed company in the security industry. POOR Management, POOR moral, POOR HR, POOR overall work ethics ever. I worked at the Fairfax Hospital location for over a year and was a year there way to long. This company does not care for or look out for any of there employees. PERIOD!
The offer the LOWEST wages for what the work load of a Major Detention Hospital should offer.
No compensation for injury's received by the dedicated officers who put themselves in harms way on a day to day basis. When departing the company after giving your all, they treat you as though you were never there. My coworkers were a great group of officers, who looked after each other however, management could care less and barely even sought to provided uniforms for they're officers. Getting uniforms or gear was like pulling teeth, they simply are not interested in their employees and are extremely cheap. Upon leaving the company they play games with your paycheck which is against the laws of employment in VA.

If you have desire to work for any company in the hospital security field, DO NOT GO to This company, you will regret the day you ever even considered it!
Pros
absolutly none
Cons
poor over all, period!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Old Dominion Security. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9