Old Dominion Employee Reviews

overall good place
Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Ellenwood, GAOctober 2, 2017
a fast pace work area with alot of good people the had company bbq and alot of good things for everyone to get involved in the dockworkers all hang out together
Old Dominion
Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  United StatesAugust 23, 2017
Old dominion is a Decent place to work for. They have Insurance although not very good it comes in handy. Pay is excellent but management seems less than adequate at times. They are not very organized and communication is lacking and at times non existent. It is a friendly environment and quality is key. Its pushed from day one. Accountability though is not paramount there.
Pros
pay
Cons
mangement
day in the workplace
Post-Doctorial Appointments, Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 18, 2017
they days here are never repetitive, there is your normal job duties but they are not alike from day to day. which to me, keep me on my toes and gave me the opportunity to learn more in each scenario.

I was an appointment clerk, taking calls to confirm appointments, making calls to set appointments. sometimes email would be the only point of contact for some customers.

I took quotes and set up pick ups.

sometimes all of in the office took turns taking over reception when it was called for, and we helped OS&D take exceptions.
Pros
fun environment, understandable management
ok pplace to worl
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, CAJune 16, 2017
very stressful, alot to remeber at work people are rude and crazy. training is helpful but doesnt really set you up to suceed in the job. people will hit you on the life
Productive and busy
Armed/Unarmed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 22, 2017
On a regular day we clock in and go to our first post and secure the areas and make calls to dispatch as needed and went to calls as needed and changed post every two hours
Pros
Experience of working with patients and getting to know new people
Cons
Very stressful with employees that didnt want to do their job, and and mangement that didnt always do their job, and always changing your location of where you was workin at the last minute
Productive mostly good people to work with
Dockworker (Current Employee) –  Duncanville, TXMarch 22, 2017
It can be a great place to work if you are focused on making money can be long hours over ten hours a day which for me doesn't include the almost hour drive to work. Management for the most part are easy to get along with.
LTL Freight
Driver/Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 13, 2017
Good place to work in Seattle. I am moving to be to Melbourne Florida to be a daily part of my daughters life. I am looking for a career will support my daughter and I.
I miss this job every day
Driver (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAFebruary 21, 2017
Great pay. Great people. Don't make a mistake!!

I literally made one mistake with Hazmat and got canned. Granted it could have been a lot worse I was surprised to find I was fired. The day to day is really great. You report in, pick a truck, receive your trailer numbers etc on the blue unit, and off ya go. Most routes are really great. Ie limited lights and high traffic areas. I would go back in a heartbeat but...I'm on the no fly list
Pros
Awesome pay and atmosphere
Cons
No room for error
nice productive place to work
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAFebruary 17, 2017
none what so ever.. this was the best job I've ever had this job was family orientated and appreciative and love working there ..i go back if i had a opportunity
Pros
great benefits
Cons
to strick on drivers
Fun times
dock worker/Lead (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 16, 2017
Good days at work love it good work area best in business I love it good work area supervisor suck overall cool place to work
Pros
Great place
Cons
Bad supervisors
Fast paced warehouse setting, where Saftey is the number 1 priority.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  South Plainfield, NJNovember 14, 2016
Safely operate forklifts in a warehouse setting, including moving pallets, furniture, contained chemicals and other oblong materials in and out of tractor trailers. I learned the importance of doing a thorough job and not to take short cuts in your work.
Pros
Excellent pay and team like atmosphere
Cons
Extremely hot in summer, extremely cold in winter.
review
pick up and delivery driver (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 21, 2016
Old dominion is over all a good company, but its corporate values are becoming more for the dollar than the driver and other personal that works for them, I been a driver for 4 yrs the money decenct the benefits are good.
Too many clicks
Dock Lead (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 8, 2016
If you int he good ole boys club your good to go if not then it just another day of harassment. The terminal mgr was switched on us 3 times in my time here.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
horrible bosses
Production in a great wor enviroment with a strong managment team
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Duncanville, TXAugust 16, 2016
Production in a great wor enviroment with a strong managment team. Loading and unloading Trucks with Forklifts at a steady pace for Multiple companies.
productive
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Tomah, WIAugust 11, 2016
unloading trailers with forklift based on manifest you were given. may have to unload a trailer full of chairs or tires.
Pros
pay
Cons
hours
Great Work Place
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, NCJuly 27, 2016
Pros: Great place to work, great supervisor, organized, and good benefits. Works hours compatible with family and home life.
i like fun
Security officer (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 21, 2016
be prepare, introduce myself, take post, most importantly twenty minutes head on time. also like fun such going out with other, watching games.
Pros
very social
Cons
too quiet some time
Good company to get some expeience
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAApril 13, 2016
Not hard work most of the time. The supervisor give you your daily status so you know what you got to work on. Come in do what you got to do and go home.
Good Co. to stay with
dockwork city pd dispatcher otr driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 28, 2016
went to work on the docks part time, Went full time as city driver in Dallas Tx Enjoyed my time everybody was always helpful. Made good money with OD
Pros
Stable Co.
Cons
slow on promotions
na
Dockworker (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 4, 2016
great place to work for truck drivers only if you are a forlift driver dont count on nothing being fair. i dont have a nything else to say
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
frieght always late