Old National Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Moderate Entry Level
Teller (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INMay 31, 2016
Just to put it simply, management was the key issue. Micro managing was a big thing at ONB. Understanding that it is a bank is one thing but my experience at ONB was ridiculous due to the quality of management. I am a firm believer in the fact that managers lead a team or sink a team. I saw that my management team was not leading the branch in the right direction and was very stagnate to say the less. The managers were either too busy gossiping or they were too busy worrying about every little detail that made performing the job too difficult. I say this because I was hired and watched all the senior staff members resign from the company after the new management team was brought in. All the senior staff went to other financial institutes and shared with me that the management teams where they were employed at were more career focused and helped build the team.
Pros
Customers were amazing, set schedule, and banker's hours.
Cons
Management, Management, and Management
Drive.
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 31, 2016
Working for ONB isn't bad except when you get relocated a hour an a half away from your house. Overall a good job with great hours. and Good clients to work with .
Pros
Bonuses.
Cons
drive
Not bad, but...
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INApril 6, 2016
The company is decent to work for. I believe they care about their employees' well-being and are typically flexible with schedules. I was dedicated to my branch and when I was hired, I had wonderful managers. After several months of me being there, and getting a promotion myself, both of my managers had promotions and two new managers came in and both were awful. The company itself was fine, but I would never again work for the assistant manager that is at the 350 & Concord Rd. branch. It was also hard to sell products because almost every one has a service fee. They have worked on that a little bit though.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Advancement Opportunities
Cons
Management, Multiple Account Fees
productive work
Personal Banker II (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 18, 2016
account opening
loan applications
overall teller transactions on a heavy level
hard working coworkers
great hours
good goals to achieve
great and diverse culture
Fun workplace with enjoyable co-workers and work that I thoroughly enjoyed
Floating Teller (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 10, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of showing up and immediately starting my day with over-night deposits. That was followed by opening doors to guests and catering to their needs, whether it be depositing money, processing withdrawals, etc. I was responsible for my cash till at all times, and making sure it balanced at the end of my shift.
I learned patience and efficiency at Old National, due to long lines and inpatient guests.
My co-workers were very helpful and friendly, and I never had to worry about any untrustworthy behavior.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with angry customers.
The most enjoyable part of the job was developing relationships with the regular guests who came in.
Pros
Excellent hours, health benefits, and work I enjoyed
Cons
Angry customers
Positive Attitude, Drive, and Self-Discipline
Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 29, 2015
Cold Calling, Sourcing, Meeting Candidates, Managing Programs, Bring Talent Into the Company, Working with Marketing Team, and Working with Co-Workers.
A perfect combination of people/customer service/banking products.
Retail Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INNovember 15, 2015
Developed and maintained current clients. Consistently exceeded sales goals by attaining a good understanding of each client’s needs and selling the services Old National Bank offered that best fit their needs. Constantly cold called for new clients and up sold existing clients by keeping them abreast of new services. Managed Bank at Work and Bank at School programs, responsible for trade shows preparations and Retail Center marketing. Responsible for coaching and developing sales skills of staff.
A Workplace
CIF Clerk (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INOctober 29, 2015
Its a workplace. Some like it and some do not. It has pros and cons. Some level of management needs to be worked through but others areas its terrific
Great Place
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 25, 2015
Review loans for submission - clear any conditions for closing - for a processor it is a great job- just have to e input info into multiple screens info does not pull over
Pros
great job easy processing
Cons
system does not pull info over have to put in multiple times
Task force teller
Client Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 29, 2015
I traveled to different branches; getting to know many employees and customers. I had to balance a cash drawer and basic banking transactions.
Diversity Driven Company
Client Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INSeptember 10, 2015
Old National Bank is dedicated to diversity and supporting a family focused lifestyle to all associates. While working at Old National Bank, I have learned how to generate and read performance reports, various aspects of trust administration, opening and closing trust accounts. The most enjoyable part of my day is helping meet or exceed customer expectations.
okay
Customer Service Rep. I (Current Employee) –  indianapolisAugust 13, 2015
just over it, managers dont do any, just play golf and leave early for hair cuts, no lunch breaks if short staffed, that can last for months, its really hard to fire someone that is terrible
Pros
Cons
no lunch breaks
Great Company
FT Teller (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INJuly 6, 2015
I did not have many issues at all during my employment here. My coworkers became like family to me quickly, and I even still stay in contact with a few of them. They were all professional and worked with great integrity.
Unrealistic Goals
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  NilesJune 29, 2015
There are 2 totally different sides to working at Old National. There is the awesome side, that they are incredibly involved in their surrounding communities. Tons of volunteering, donations, and just generally involved. On the other hand, they don't consider the demographics when laying out goals for the centers. So, it doesn't matter what the median income goal is for that city or surrounding area, your goal will be just about the same as other centers in that region. Unrealistic goals = no bonuses.
Task Force Teller
Task Force Teller (Former Employee) –  Ann Arb orJune 10, 2015
Employees nice. Only suggestion would be to find out EXACTLY - ALL OF THE LOCATIONS you will be traveling too. They don't consider where YOU live only where they need you to go. I was ask to drive 50 miles one way.....no way!!! To much for me!!!!
Pros
Great hours -
Cons
Traveling distances and traffic to travel
I loved my job, and working with customers, Had a problem getting things achieved due to under staffing causing overwhelmed management.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Central City , KyMay 15, 2015
Go in and get all equipment started up and open vaults, fill out logs , process night drops, occasionally we would have a morning meeting and then we would open to our clients. We would process deposits , cash checks and make withdraws. It would be somewhat busy at times. We were expected to try to get people to apply for a loan or see our Financial Specialist or open other accounts. When time to close we had to get approvals on some processes and then close them down, as well as we had to balance and close the vault.
We had compliance that taught us a lot of regulations that were sensitive to our job.
Management was overall good, however my manager was quite overwhelmed, a procrastinator, and wanting all control( she would not let anyone help her) This caused some issues within our branch.
The Co Workers were all diverse and Some were very driven and others were not. A couple of them did not get along making a lot of tension to work under.
The hardest part of the job was the referrals, trying to get someone to apply for a loan or open an account . It is a process and you almost have to keep asking over and over again each time you see that person.
The most enjoyable part of my job was my clients. I have built many working relationships with many of the clients and they made my day!
Pros
good hours, excellent benefits, sense of pride
Cons
bad management
Great company to work for!
Customer Service Rep. III (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 21, 2015
Love everything about the job! Management is top notch. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with people. Some although difficult, some are a challenge, it's nice to be able to help people.
contract programming
Contract Programmer/Analyst (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 10, 2015
This job is a contract for 6 months, but lasting longer. Company treets employees very well. Their compensation is on the low side.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
compensation is on low side
A bank you can be proud to work for.
CSR II (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, ILFebruary 16, 2015
Employee development programs are amazing. No matter what you do in the bank there is a training program that will help you with your career goals.
Awesome work environment always a new adventure.
Teller (Current Employee) –  Beechmont, KYDecember 18, 2014
Typical work day, running transactions and speaking with customers. Enjoying laughs here and there with customers and employees.