Old Navy
2,266 reviews

Old Navy Employer Reviews

Fun work environment
Customer Service Rep. And Shipping/Stocker (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Learned how to interact with customers
Cons: Bad attituded Manager
I was a very energetic and responsible employee.I loved engaging in conversations with customers and was able to multitask strongly in a stressful environment. I sometimes work at 5am with shipment or had overnight shifts for markdowns and signage.
Fun place to work great management
Store Manager (Former Employee), Willow Grove, paMarch 30, 2015
Pros: great pay, benefits and pto
Cons: long hours
Hard work, but well worth it. Management makes you feel valued and helps to develop you for job advancement. The hardest part of the job is continual clean up after the customers, but there is such an accomplishment after a long day. Great place to work.
Great, fun environment to work in
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Eagan, MNMarch 30, 2015
Very flexible with hours, and the people are so friendly and nice. My only issue are the yearly reviews and raises. They do not consider how long you have been with the company. The hardest part of the job is when you do not have the right article of clothing for the customer. I do enjoy helping out the customers and getting the much needed appreciation of the effort.
My First Job
Receiving Associate (Former Employee), Manteca, CAMarch 30, 2015
Working at Old Navy was my first retail opportunity. I worked the receiving shift which was normally anywhere from before 4am-8am. Hours were very slim when I was working here and they hired too many people at one time. My coworkers were fun to work with, we all got along well. Management could have been better in my opinion. Overall it was decent for a first job.
Nice job for seasonal position
Seasonal Staff (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Employee discount
Cons: Rude staff
Enjoyed helping customers with their shopping experience. Performed cashier responsibilities, stocked items and supported the sales floors during the holiday season.
Very productive and able to stay proactive
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDMarch 29, 2015
I learned how to use wonderful costumer service. My co-workers were very helpful. Management was very thoughful and made me feel comfortable.
Sales Associate/Pricing and Signage Associate (Former Employee), Tupelo, MSMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Free to be who you want to be
Cons: Not enough hours
Its a very laid back place to work. I loved working there but they don't give you very many hours. You have to get people to get there credit card in order to earn hours. Since I was there only once a week with very little hours and I was there from 5am to 10am in the morning when we were not open, there was no way I could get people to get the credit card. They were always on my case about doing it too and I told them I didn't see customer and all they would say is that I had to do it to get hours.
Loved it
Stocker/Sales Floor (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMarch 27, 2015
I loved the management at this Old Navy, the work place is steady and fun. You are given the chance to learn on your own and manage yourself. I WOULD work here again
Horrible management
Cash handler/ Sales associate (Former Employee), Arlington Heights, ILMarch 27, 2015
The managers we just evil. They were rude, degrading, and belittled employees. The best thing about this job was floor changes and merchandizing. Co workers were great. Hours not always available.
GREAT COMPANY
Pricing Specialist (Former Employee), Alexandria, LAMarch 27, 2015
Priced clearance and completed signage.

Management was interesting so say the least.

Co-workers were fun and hard workers.

Hardest part of my job was dealing with the theft.

Most enjoyable part of my job was the associates.
Fun Place to work for Students
Logistics Sellebrity Coach (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 26, 2015
Pros: contests, free food and easy schedules
Cons: management
Most days are processing shipment, placing product on the sales floor. I've learned how to provide excellent customer service. The management team work hard. My co-workers are easy to get along with. The hardest part of my is constant change, i.e., staffing! There is always a leader leaving the company! The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I put 100% in all that I do!!
Old Navy is an good company that allows employees to grow within the company.
Service and Training Manager (Current Employee), Fremont, CAMarch 26, 2015
Check current sales.
Look at last year's sales and what is the goal for the day.
Lead staff members to push for customer service and drive up sales.
Fun and diverse group of employees
Sales Associate & Customer Assistance (Former Employee), Rockville, MDMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Lunch breaks
Cons: I was not given enough hours.
Working at Old Navy was a good experience, There was a fun atmosphere. A typical day included customer service. I was responsible for maintaining and organizing store areas. I helped customers that needed assistance in finding specific items. Restocking and folding cloths in in presentable manner.
The managers were easy to work with however, in my time there the business location went through three store managers. It made it difficult to keep up with my availability hours.
Easy going workplace with a good organizational structure.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Great employees, easy going atmosphere
Cons: Limited growth opportunities
A typical day of work would consist of recommending certain clothes for customers based on psychographics and individual needs. I would do demographic assessments to assess what was our typical person who was shopping at our store. I wanted to know how could we appeal to other people also.
Poor management
Customer Experience Associate (Former Employee), Rockville,MDMarch 26, 2015
Cons: overtime, rude management
Working at Old Navy was alright. it was honestly a lot of work and overtime for the pay i was receiving. Every day you are assigned a section in the store and a time limit to complete each task in that section. Management was a mess. One of them was so rude and nice whenever she wanted. There was no time off. If you need time off you will have to make up those hours on top of the hours already assigned. I felt like just a number. Like i could be replaced easily. The only enjoyable part of the job was being able to promote advertisement. Which meant you get to be in front of the store and play with the kids doing activities that had to do with the monthly sale.
i liked working at old navy and that they promote within
Service and Training Manager (Former Employee), Deer Park, NYMarch 24, 2015
Pros: met lots of people
Cons: had to work 12 hour days back to back for hoilday season
i was hired part time and with in one year i was service and training manager.I went from unloading truck to leading the truck team,then to service and training
Laid back
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALMarch 24, 2015
I was responsible for keeping the window, doors, bathroom, salesfloor and receiving clean. The other cool thing I was responsible for was cleaning the Old Navy truck.
Productive and fun place to work
Merchandise Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee), Manteca, CAMarch 24, 2015
A typical day at work could be slow or very busy. There was always a sale going on with great deals. I learned a lot of my great customer service skills while working for Old Navy. I learned to merchandise as well as manage a great team of associates. Co-workers were great to work with very energetic, hardworking people. The hardest part of the job was making sure that all product was on the floor at all times. The most enjoyable part was working with my team, making sure that we were giving the best customer service experience to each and every customer, and meeting new people.
Depends on the location you work at I guess.
Sellebrity Sales Associate (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 23, 2015
Old Navy is a good company to work for. The harest part of the job is dealing with the difficult customers and management pressuring you to have your weekends open EVERY weekend. Also, if you request the weekend off, they'll still out you on the schedule and act as if you never requested the weekend off. The employees are cool though. Hours are nice if you're new or have no life outside of ON.
Okay
Flex Associate (Current Employee), Gambrills, MDMarch 23, 2015
Pros: discount
Mostly worked early mornings for shipping. Also worked during store hours in fitting room. Best when there are little to no customers.

1 2 3 4 5

About Old Navy

Old Navy commands a fleet of more than 1,025 family clothing stores throughout the US and Canada, offering items under its own – Read more

Old Navy Salaries