Old Navy Employee Reviews

Found 3,652 reviews matching the search
negative enviorment
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WADecember 9, 2016
- bosses are over worked and stressed
- less about helping people find clothes and more about picking up after customers
- co-workers are great and positive
Loved!!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Medford, MNDecember 9, 2016
At this occupation I was a sales associate. I would greet customers who walked in, help them with any questions they had, put clothes away, check customers out, and make sure the store was tidy when I closed.
Fun environment to week
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 9, 2016
Great forward thinking is fashion and design that is affordable to masses. Workers and eager and enthusiastic and very fashion oriented. Great energy.
Pros
Great discount
Cons
Open the midnight of thanksgiving day
Great management and great coworkers.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTDecember 9, 2016
The management here is amazing and so are the coworkers. There are so many opportunities for you to be your best and work your best here. They provide a lot of extra fun things for all of their employees.
Needs Some Work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Canton, MIDecember 8, 2016
On my first day it was a 5AM shift with little to no understanding of what was supposed to be happening. The next was super sloppy explanation of register. I have shifts coming up where I'm supposed to do a certain task that I was vaguely trained on for a couple days straight. Now my fourth month in, and I'm waiting to be dropped as seasonal or just quitting. There was really no training and this is my first retail job. The people are amazing but the management needs some major work and their explaining skills need fine tuning.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Management, Scheduling, and No Real Training
Productive and fun work place at Old Navy.
Merchandise Associate (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 7, 2016
Working at Old Navy on the morning Merchandising team is a great opportunity. We work at a fast productive pace. The management is always willing to do what they can for us not matter what.
Work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 6, 2016
Typical Day At Work Pretty Good With The Right Mangers/Employees. Good Co Workers Makes The Day Go Fast And Enjoyable Management Wasn't Really Reliable the Most Enjoyable Part Was Getting Hours Around The Holidays
Pros
Pay
Cons
Short Breaks Not Enough Hours Lazy Mangers
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCDecember 6, 2016
I enjoy working around people, interacting, and meeting new people. I learned how to manage money and time management. I also learned how to use clear communications skills while interacting with customers.
Fun but tedious tasks with poor management and hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIDecember 6, 2016
I would get MAYBE a 4 hours shift every other month, which was ridiculous and unacceptable. Even asking for more hours didn't help. there was no organization within management. There was also no training I just ah dot figure things out as I went.
Pros
25% off at Old Navy and 50% at GAP/Banana Republic
Cons
No hours, poor management, no store organization, and terrible customers.
Shipment Processor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 6, 2016
I normally go in from 5am to 2pm. I'm apart of the shipment crew so I unload the boxes off of the crates and place them on an assembly line to be unpacked and placed in the designated areas.
Dirty and poor Gm
Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VADecember 6, 2016
I was appalled by the behavior of the GM and her immaturity. Our district manager was distant and uninvolved with our store.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Everything was unorganized
seasonal
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MODecember 5, 2016
A great company. But the management at this store was not the best. But the work wasn't too bad, just boring. Wish they wouldn't have led me on to believe to being kept on after the holidays, then just dropping me.
Great co-workers that are eager to learn.
Loss Prevention Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLDecember 5, 2016
I would punch the time clock and then sit down with management to explain what i was doing for the day and ask if they needed assistance with anything. I would then walk down to the entrance and make sure the EAS alarms were working correctly and sign off on it. I would check the schedule to see who I was working with. Then I would get an employee to care for the changing rooms. Sometimes I would help management unload the truck and I always was available for inventory. The most enjoyable part of my job was reading current apprehensions to fellow LP during conference calls.
Pros
I had a nice office.
Cons
We could not do bathroom or fitting room stops.
Not what it seems
Seasonal sales associate (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCDecember 4, 2016
Was promise that I would get like one day the first week and later I'll will pick up hours. That was a lie! So far i only had 10 hours working there and when i received my paycheck. They didn't out the correct hours i worked. When I try to pick up other employees hours shift managers act like they didn't want me to cover other shifts. Like they didn't want me to get hours. And I received hardly no training AT ALL. Will never work here again.
Pros
Discount
Productive and a fun working place
Brand Associate (Former Employee) –  Ponce, PRDecember 4, 2016
I'm grateful for the opportunity to be able to work for this company. I've worked with a good team and made my environment comfortable to work in.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Less then 15 hours in a week
productive
Brand Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 4, 2016
The managers were great, the company has set goals and works with you to meet them. The store itself was busy all the time and it was sometimes difficult to juggle customer servicing and folding/putting away merchandise
Productive Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 2, 2016
Excellent workplace. Fun activities on holidays. Good staff members, great with customer service. I learned how to coordinate clothing, fashion.
Pros
Acitivites
Cons
needs to work on hours and when store closing.
It was a fun seasonal job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CADecember 2, 2016
Old Navy was like the longest seasonal job I had (4 months of working there). I used to start my day by going to the fitting room, help fold and organize some clothes, same thing with doing recovery work on the sales floor. The hardest part but probably boring part was just standing there in the fitting room, not much to do except clean the rooms and help some customers out. The most enjoyable part was doing recovery work, when I get to organize some clothes though.
Pros
Located at the mall, long seasonal job
Cons
Fitting Room was kinda boring, seasonal job was temporary
Great group to work with!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIDecember 2, 2016
I haven't worked here long, but everyone I work with is extremely helpful and friendly. The environment is very positive and encouraging so we're all motivated to do our best.
Old Navy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Reynoldsburg, OHDecember 2, 2016
Everyone is extremely kind and it's a pretty laid back job unless you're on the register. My coworkers were very helpful when I had questions. No mean mugs or strange looks accompanied them.
Pros
great work atmosphere
Cons
Not many hours, store is always messy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Old Navy. Our community is ready to answer.