Old Navy Employee Reviews

Old navy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 19, 2017
I did enjoy the discounts but the managers were not always friendly and would make rude and sarcastic remarks. They were not always understanding with my school schedule also
Fun place to work
Pricing Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VANovember 19, 2017
Flexible schedule. Pay was good but not great. Long hours on the floor durning the holidays with only 30 minute lunches. The discounts are amazing. Managers are real nice and fair.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks for long shifts
First job
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 19, 2017
Old Navy was my first job it had great structure and great teachers as well as a great safe , and organized staff , It was defiantly a great first job to show me the ropes of retail.
Not a great experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Conway, NHNovember 19, 2017
The management was poor and I would never recommend someone to work there. It wasn't a fun job to go to it was always so stressful and they were not happy if someone had to call out last minute for car troubles or family issues it was always such a big deal.
Good place to work for retail
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, OHNovember 18, 2017
Good company to work for
works around school schedule
few hours
easy going environment
great associates to work for and with
cash register easy to use
I love Old Navy
Product and Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZNovember 18, 2017
I have been working there for almost 4 years and Gap is a great company to work for, the teams are always great and Old Navy is definitely a fun and different kind of environment.
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Abingdon, MDNovember 17, 2017
it has its fast pace days and its slow paced days. you never know what your going to get it shift.hardest part of the job is knowing the register system but it is not rocket science
Pros
flexable
Cons
short breaks
Unless theres a scheduled sale, work is steady.
Cashier/Customer Service/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXNovember 17, 2017
Logistics is fast paced and a non rewarding position. They have races for unloading, unwrapping and resetting displays of new items.
Signage is paced and is done weekly along with price changes. Some are done 2x a week.
Pros
Discounts on clothing.
Cons
Not really a position for older women or men due to the image of the store aimed at younger people.
Fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CANovember 17, 2017
It's fast paced and fun working environment it can be competitive with credit cards but that makes it fun because their will be competitions and winner can get cash prizes sometimes. It's a fun work environment
Pros
Discount
Cons
Fun workplace, feels like family
Brand Associate (Current Employee) –  EverywhereNovember 17, 2017
I have worked for Old Navy for over 4 years and I love it. The team really feels like family that helps and supports each other. A typical work day is very faced paced with a lot of customer interaction. I've learned a lot about how to work well in a team and how to solve customer problems a lot better. You also gain a lot of patience working here, as well as any retail job. The biggest opportunity I have seen is the lack of time spent on finding the right person for a management position. There is a lot of push to fill positions quickly so often times there arent the right people filling positions. The hardest part of the job for me was working with the tight time limits for processes but that was also most enjoyable for me because I enjoy a challenge and I love pushing myself.
Pros
Great benefits for managers, amazing discount
Cons
Benefits are less great for normal associates
great starting point
Assistant Store Manager of Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 17, 2017
Defiantly learned a lot from working and growing up in the work field in retail. Created great relationships and how to run a business but learned very fast that its very cut throat and in the end you are just as replaceable as the next person. It was a great stepping stone to get my work ethic and experience on paper.
Fast paced
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORNovember 16, 2017
It was a competitive job that was dependent on sales and the economy. It had a high turnover rate do to the fact that was sales and didn’t allow for a set schedule.
Pros
Discounts and pay
Cons
Not great work life balance
Good high school job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grove City, PANovember 16, 2017
Great atmosphere to work with friends. Sometimes difficult to get hours but makes the perfect after school job for high-schoolers. Employee discount also provided to sister stores: Banana Republic and GAP.
Great Managers
Shipment Processor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 16, 2017
It is a fun, modern place to work. Very upbeat and fast-tracked. Seem to often be behind and can be stressful.
***************************************
Pros
15 minute breaks
Cons
overturn
i haven't worked here in a decade
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TX 75501November 14, 2017
I haven't worked here since i was in high school. Again this is a stupid thing for a job search website to ask you to do just to submit your resume. ugh
Cashier/ trainer for new cashiers (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 14, 2017
Lovedd it it made my costumer service expirience ger even better. The managers and the employees where amazing, they will work with you if you need a day.
Productive work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sanford, FLNovember 14, 2017
Fast paced during big holidays and on weekends. Friendly environment. Good decision for a first job. Also a good job if you are going to school while working.
Great retail environment
Sellebrity Coach (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 14, 2017
Really enjoyed working for Gap Inc. There were opportunities for growth, pay raise and prizes. Had a great working relationship with the store manager along with my co-workers.
typical retail job
Brand Associate Women's Department Leader (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 13, 2017
relaxed for the most part. can be quick paced especially during holidays and majors sales. good job for someone in high school or in college needing a part time job
Excelente lugar de trabajo
Asociado de Ventas (Current Employee) –  Ponce, PRNovember 13, 2017
Excelente lugar de trabajo, mucho aprendizaje. Mis conocimientos me pueden ayudar en otro lugar de empleo.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Old Navy. Our community is ready to answer.